• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys I'm packing up to see if I can head to Florida tonight! Flying on standby in JetBlue so outlook is...okayish.

Hopefully everything goes well! I'd love to be there with some of you! Even if I don't know what you guys actually look like haha!

Thanks. That's reassuring. God knows we can't depend on the stream

Yeah. A guy got mad at me for this earlier in the thread, actually.

But they'll have it timed out so either right as it starts onstage, or immediately as it ends, the video will be published on the youtube channel.

It's also worth tracking down the International stream when it goes up, as it only hit a few thousand viewers max today and thus had essentially no buffering issues.

Have any fun?

Hayden was cool.

How they handled both the photos and autograph lines, not so much.

Watched the 40th from the Star Wars Show stage with Pablo Hidalgo, Andi, etc there. The Carrie stuff wrecked us.

It's been mostly standing and pain and being shoved around and incompetent organization. The few highlights have been great.

Hayden was cool.

How they handled both the photos and autograph lines, not so much.

Watched the 40th from the Star Wars Show stage with Pablo Hidalgo, Andi, etc there. The Carrie stuff wrecked us.

It's been mostly standing and pain and being shoved around and incompetent organization. The few highlights have been great.

Reading all this stuff makes me feel like they underestimated the amount of people that were going to show up.

Sanchito

Back in the room drinking some rum. What a day. Gotta get my ass up early and do it again. You guys spending the night there be safe and hope y'all get rested up. Cheers!

XAL

So guys, is there a link to a good quality video of the Filoni/Hidalgo animation panel where they actually show the fucking images?

Toa TAK

Banned
We're expecting trailer tomorrow, right?

All I really care about are the announcements...

Yes.

Some people here seem to expect that Daisy Ridley will personally deliver the trailer to the fans from the heavens with the halo and all.

It'll probably be just some 1:40 long trailer with vague title cards and some clips that tell just jack shit.

And probably a voiceover from BB-8.

With Will.i.ams' music to boot.

TheXbox

Yes.

Some people here seem to expect that Daisy Ridley will personally deliver the trailer to the fans from the heavens with the halo and all.

It'll probably be just some 1:40 long trailer with vague title cards and some clips that tell just jack shit.

And probably a voiceover from BB-8.

With Will.i.ams' music to boot.
We only get Williams music if we're lucky. Otherwise they slap some garbo trailer-house music on it with a synthesized Force theme to give you those feels.

So guys, is there a link to a good quality video of the Filoni/Hidalgo animation panel where they actually show the fucking images?

Andi (Star Wars Show host) said on her twitter that they were going to "make it right" and upload it when it's fixed. (Maybe that means recutting it, I dunno)

Having said that. I think I saw one a bit ago.. I'll see if I can dig it up.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Yes.

I AM DAISY RIDLEY.
Pcd8LzS.gif

TIME SHALL COMPRESS.

ALL EXISTENCE DENIED.

TheXbox

Any chance they recorded the Dave Collins/Doug Chiang panels? Or are they still withholding panels to maintain the prestige of the physical convention?

XAL

Andi (Star Wars Show host) said on her twitter that they were going to "make it right" and upload it when it's fixed. (Maybe that means recutting it, I dunno)

Having said that. I think I saw one a bit ago.. I'll see if I can dig it up.

That's good to hear!

If you don't find it no biggie, I appreciate the effort. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom