• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphagnum

Banned
Wait, so should I watch in release order or in that chronological order?

Chronological. There's a guide on starwars.com

I would also suggest watching the first half of Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars miniseries beforehand. Even though it's not canon, TCW was made with it in mind, so there's some characters who appear out of nowhere if you didn't already see it.

So just for fun, I tried giving The Clone Wars Season 1 Episode 1 a go to see what it was all about, and I quite enjoyed that. Both the style and all, and I can see myself getting sucked into the universe more because of its long-form format. I don't know what to think about the Droids getting voices though, it's kind of cute. Although I didn't like the Clankers, those were new. But I think it will be interesting seeing these clone troopers having personalities and also following the Republic and Empire trying to recruit people and planets to their side in the war.

Man I'm jealous. This shows gets so damn good with each season. The fact that they managed to redeem Maul and the prequel era (the era not the movies) was kinda mind blowing when this was on air. So many good stories and characters.

Pachimari

Soon you'll be joining us on the Community side, reading every comic and book...
Heh, I actually bought most if not all the comics a year ago. I probably won't get around to the books though.

Go chronological:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

It becomes less of a thing in later seasons, but the early ones are all over the place in terms of timeline. This way is more enjoyable probably.

Doesn't really matter in the end. But I'd follow that list.

Having done both, I'll say that it doesn't really matter in the long run which you choose. By virtue of convenience though, I'd go with Release Order.

edit: kind of beaten?

I prefer chronological order. It bounces all over in the beginning, but the later seasons settle down.
Alright, I'll go chronological, especially if it's only the first seasons that jumps all over the place and it then settles out.

Chronological. There's a guide on starwars.com

I would also suggest watching the first half of Genndy Tartakovsky's Clone Wars miniseries beforehand. Even though it's not canon, TCW was made with it in mind, so there's some characters who appear out of nowhere if you didn't already see it.
Miniseries? I've only heard of the Clone Wars animation film which I've already seen.

Miniseries? I've only heard of the Clone Wars animation film which I've already seen.
star-wars-clone-wars.jpg

Extended scene with additional dialogue and ORIGINAL (pre-James Earl Jones) Darth Vader voice. Shown by John Knoll at Star Wars Celebration 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja4WudpzBYw

This is a honest gem.

Before this gets lost too far upthread, I just want to point out how weird and cool it is to see 1976 Tagge complaining about a "Sith Lord" as well as Tarkin's fucked-up sense of ambition.

edit: I'M OUT, I'M OUT

edit #2: THAT ISN'T EVEN THE SAME MOUTH

Boem

I really hope they drop a trailer tomorrow because I'm scared as hell of what will happen to Star Wars Gaf if they don't get their fix soon.

And yes I know I'm part of the problem.

TheXbox

Just got round to watch the 40th anniversary panel.

Lovely, lovely tribute to Carrie. And John Williams got that crowd to shut the fuck up real quick, haha. Anyone who was there, I'll be envious of you forever.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I really hope they drop a trailer tomorrow because I'm scared as hell of what will happen to Star Wars Gaf if they don't get their fix soon.

And yes I know I'm part of the problem.

I mean, we're definitely going to get a trailer but I wonder if we'll get some other stuff. Some behind the scene stuff would be cool, too.

Gonna head over between 5-6 AM. Grab a wrist band for Mark's Carrie Fisher tribute and if streaming stages are still available jump in line for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom