• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Nicest guy. Complimented my shirt (TLJ lol), signed badge and got a pic. Entire trip justified.
I'm green with jealous rage. That's so awesome, man. If there's one person from Hollywood I'd love to meet, it's Johnson. Dude's a treasure.

And I'm a full believer that he's just made the best Star Wars movie ever. Believe.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Nicest guy. Complimented my shirt (TLJ lol), signed badge and got a pic. Entire trip justified.

Meanwhile I am crying here knowing David Fincher and Nolan will never compliment my lame Photoshops from back when I was one of their biggest fans in high school.

At least that Walking Dead/GotG dude complimented by Batman shirt that one time

kevin1025

Banned
image.php

It must be late, I didn't even realize until now, haha. But he is quite the banjo player!

He came off as really humble. We didn't hoard him or keep him long, just enough for a few signatures and pics. See the reason we can't have more nice things like that is because people act like hyenas around celebs.

Can't believe it happened though, it's honestly been pretty crappy at the event for several reasons and I started to wonder if lining up for this panel was even worth it.

Seigyoku

Man I felt so bummed after the 40th panel that I didn't sleep over and get into the live theater. It was ruining the whole experience. So here I am wandering the hall and I see a giant Tie Fighter and them doing the internet show. I walk up just wanting to take pictures and all of a sudden "Please welcome George Lucas and Harrison Ford!" I was right at the front!!! I could not believe it!

I'm good now. What a place, this place is magical.

Hey don't forget you can sleepover and STILL not get into the live theater. And we're on the bubble for tomorrow, sigh. AND BF lost badge at security. He ran and bought a Friday badge but that means after tomorrow the con is over for him. Ugh.

Davide

I mean, Nolan isn't bad at all, but there's certainly more inspired choices to helm a Star Wars film out there.

It's obviously not a genius idea but if it happens it will be great.

I'd actually like to maybe see him make a realistic Clone War film with Anakin and Obi-Wan. The best prequel film that never was, essentially. Something like The Dark Knight and Dunkirk.

Other directors I'd like to see direct would be Brad Bird for a high-octane action film, Chad Stahelski (John Wick/V for Vendetta), the Russo Brothers, Jon Favreau, James Mangold, and Alfonso Cuarón.

Waldini

If there's anything new coming ... it'll be announced during the Closing Ceremony. I can't see any other panel having a "big" announcement. A little thing to give the fans something to look forward to.

They stuck with the anniversary of Star Wars. Imagine Lucas his face if they'd just announce 2 new movies .. lol.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Apparently we found out about the Han Solo movie back in February 6, 2013, it's time they told us what the third one is gonna be.

Waldini

Apparently we found out about the Han Solo movie back in February 6, 2013, it's time they told us what the third one is gonna be.

They held back with the announcements of other Anthology films and wanted to see how Rogue One would be received. I'd say the movie did pretty wel, lol.

I hope that they will announce an Obi-Wan spinoff movie though. Seems weird to have Liam Neeson and Sam Jackson do a video message and not have Ewan. The closing Ceremony is 1 hour long ... that's why I was wondering how they announced Rogue One. They did show a small "reel" to the audience right? Can't remember when that was.

Lol queue line to get in this morning is around the building guess I'm sleeping in. Awesome that Brandon got to meet Rian, but I'm fine missing that. If it had been Daisy tho...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
feeling sick from the hype

Seigyoku

Scratch that Gaf Star Wars podcast idea.

We should just stream Eurovision-style commentary during every Celebration.

Finally.

I'm in.

In other news it's almost 5:30 and they haven't gone around going WAKE UP PACK UP MOVE UP so I've been letting BF sleep after all that badge trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom