• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2017 |OT| A thread forty years in the making. You'll be Omazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
You watch Brick, Breaking Bad, Looper and you know you can do the dark stuff and then you watch The Brothers Bloom and you know he can do the comedy.

There's no way he fucks this up.

Three words... Lucasfilm Story Group.

Seigyoku

Three words... Lucasfilm Story Group.

If I could gif there would be so many *looks* here.

I didn't meet, or even see, Rian, but from what I heard he was here a REALLY long time which is cool.

I forgot my toothbrush and am so tragified I kinda wanna stay in my Yoda PJ's for the panel.

Nodnol

Watched the panel, and then the tribute to Carrie. I was in tears at one point, then awestruck by John Willaims. Roll on today.

Pachimari

Well I made it! When does the event begin?

t1492182000z1.png

+1 hour if they show it near the end of the panel.

Seigyoku

Scrunching us down was much faster and organized today but don't think they've started wristbands. Of course I'm short and can't see.

JimiNutz

Banned
Im sure Celebration will get footage or a trailer but I wouldn't be surprised if they make us peasants wait a bit before releasing...which will really suck!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Pachimari

So I'm following the official TV guide but where in the timeline does this Clone War and all these episodes fit in in regards to the movies? Is all of this during Episode II?

Forkball

So are we expecting about a minute and a half teaser trailer? Or should I lower my expectations down to concept art that doesn't appear in the movie?

So are we expecting about a minute and a half teaser trailer? Or should I lower my expectations down to concept art that doesn't appear in the movie?
Lucasfilm released a 2 min trailer for Rogue One last year in April. I would expect something in the same ballpark.

Seigyoku

And despite being two hours earlier to queue and spending the night farther up in the queue, Galaxy stage wristbands ran out over three full switchbacks from us. Not remotely on the bubble. Bad Mary.

And despite being two hours earlier to queue and spending the night farther up in the queue, Galaxy stage wristbands ran out over three full switchbacks from us. Not remotely on the bubble. Bad Mary.

Isn't their stampede methodology great? They gave the bands, then dispersed everyone out into a free for all. People behind us previously are now 2 rows in front of us. Of course it was the same people that shoved past me in the security check line last night.

Seigyoku

Isn't their stampede methodology great? They gave the bands, then dispersed everyone out into a free for all. People behind us previously are now 2 rows in front of us. Of course it was the same people that shoved past me in the security check line last night.

During the clump ups we caught up with people who got here between 8:45 and 9. And screening room for them. Curious how many people who stuck to the 8 PM arrival got into Galaxy.

Ridisc

Banned
Disney not uploaded the 40th panel in any shape or form, even cut it from their huge livestream upload of yesterday :(

Want to see a version without all the net issues, hope it exists.

During the clump ups we caught up with people who got here between 8:45 and 9. And screening room for them. Curious how many people who stuck to the 8 PM arrival got into Galaxy.

We got in line between 6 and 7 and that was a hustle because they were behind on Hayden's photos and autographs by like 2 hours. We wanted to finish up with that, go back to the hotel which was a 30 minute walk, change clothes etc before getting into the panel line. Finished up with sand hater at 5 something when it should've been around 4.

So basically tiring and stupid. But we managed. When Rian came and did that we stopped caring about what chaos it all was.

Seigyoku

Some of us didn't even get Rian. It's just as well there is no Celebration next year. Between two nights of no sleep for screening rooms and the lost badge debacle BF isn't going to want to come back any time soon.

Metalmarc

Is it confirmed we're getting a trailer or is it just gaf hyperbole?

David collins asked Matthew Wood at the end of yesterdays stream if he's looking forward to showing all that he has been working on at the Last Jedi Panel tommorow and Matthew said, "yes i'm looking forward to show a lot of material there"

So we are gonna get something, trailer or Clips or whatever.

Metalmarc

Disney not uploaded the 40th panel in any shape or form, even cut it from their huge livestream upload of yesterday :(

Want to see a version without all the net issues, hope it exists.

Glad i saw the repeat yesterday with all the glitches, either it doesnt exist or they are saving it for something, or they are editing it to maybe highlights, chopping out all the glitches and bits they dont want us to rewatch.

Boem

I was surprised when the 40th panel ended, and the stream switched to a pretaped deegoots clip to introduce the showfloor segment of the stream. So this was taped before the 40th panel started. She mentioned the schedule for the day in that clip, and especially for the 40th panel: special surprise guests (check) and surprise announcements. What were the announcements?

Not that I'm complaining, it was great for what it was and it would have been weird to talk about new movie stuff given that the focus was on George and Carrie, but that makes me think they might have made a last-minute change to their schedule.

Fuck it, I'm going big. Enough boring, realistic predictions from me.

In three/four hours, besides the TLJ trailer, we'll get confirmation of a returning character (Yoda), a title for the Han Solo movie, a clip of Ehrenreich, Glover and Chewbacca hanging out, in costume, thanking the fans in front of a newly built Jabba, an Ocean's Eleven style Boba Fett movie, a John Wayne style Obi Wan movie, and a drunken Chewbacca will kick BB8 into the audience. Old Man Bobby Roberts will be wheeled out to announce him as the new voice of animatronic Dexter in a depressing Disneyland restaurant.

Rain Johnson is awesome. It's so cool that he went thorough the whole line person by person.

I have a feeling he is going to knock this thing out of the park. I really can't wait to see what his vision of Star Wars looks like.

Stuck in the overflow room again. Lined up around 7:30pm, seems insane that's somehow not enough to be among the first 3000.

Even still, sure would have been fucking great for the staff to tell us we didn't make the cut last night so I didn't waste my time sleeping on a concrete floor in subzero temperature. Lucasfilm/Disney would be fucking insane to even entertain the idea of hiring ReedPop again. Incompetent from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom