• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Jaleel

Greetings Heroes,
One of the major features of the update later this month is the ability to form Guilds. This major feature will change the way the game is played by opening up new activities such as Raids and Daily Guild Activities.
Here is a preview on some of the new things coming:

Guilds
Maximum Guild size is 50 players
There will be 3 ranks in Guilds: Guild Leader, Officer and Member
Guilds can have a custom name and choose an icon that best represents them
Guild leaders can set membership requirements, including requiring approval to join and minimum level
Players can join a Guild in a variety of ways, such as viewing a list of recommended Guilds or receiving an invitation from an Ally
A Guild Leaderboard of all Guild members will be sortable by a variety of criteria ranging from power to contribution
There will be 2 new types of currency introduced with Guilds, Guild Bank Currency and Individual Guild Currency
Guild Activities
Shared Activities may be completed to earn Guild Currency that can be used to make purchases in Guild Shipments
There are multiple tiers of difficulty for Guild Activities

When an Activity is completed all members will be granted Guild Currency, with the highest contributors getting bonus currency

Activities will change daily

Stay tuned as we unveil more information about Raids and the other features coming to the major update later this month!

Moff

browsing through the top players I see many of them have dooku as the leader.
is his leader ability really that strong?
I recently changed my leader from sidious to qui gon and it made a huge difference because I have the jedi QGJ, lumi and old ben in my team, but now I am thinking to switch to dooku

Blank!

browsing through the top players I see many of them have dooku as the leader.
is his leader ability really that strong?
I recently changed my leader from sidious to qui gon and it made a huge difference because I have the jedi QGJ, lumi and old ben in my team, but now I am thinking to switch to dooku

It's mostly the RNG factor, but dodge is huge. It's the same reason people ran Daka in the past. That 10% chance to res (passive) or res ability could turn fights. The same can be said about "clutch" dodges. Getting offense up for free is the "cherry" on top. It certainly helps that Quigon's are (were) everywhere so including Dooku was sort of a no brainer anyway. How this'll change when QGJ leader starts to outspeed Dooku I'm not sure.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I have been playing this for a bit and just hit level 50 and the amount of depth here is really surprising.

I havent really built my dream team and considering my goal is to never drop any money into this if I can avoid it. However my current line up seems to be doing really well, I am usually top 1000 which I guess is no big deal lol and I can almost clear galactic war

QGJ lead - 3*
Ahsoka - 3*
Lumi - 4*
Ventress - 4*
Geo Soldier - 4*

I really need to get QGJ to atleast 4 asap, he is doing middling damage outside of his burst.

I have been playing this for a bit and just hit level 50 and the amount of depth here is really surprising.

I havent really built my dream team and considering my goal is to never drop any money into this if I can avoid it. However my current line up seems to be doing really well, I am usually top 1000 which I guess is no big deal lol and I can almost clear galactic war

QGJ lead - 3*
Ahsoka - 3*
Lumi - 4*
Ventress - 4*
Geo Soldier - 4*

I really need to get QGJ to atleast 4 asap, he is doing middling damage outside of his burst.
Best way to make characters stronger is gear and ability level. Stars still matter, but not as much.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Best way to make characters stronger is gear and ability level. Stars still matter, but not as much.

Ahh gotcha, guess I gotta finish Light 5 and dark 5 to unlock the new gear mat drops then! Also is darth side good, I have 40 of his shards and debating gri ding out the rest from squad battle rewards?

Blank!

Ahh gotcha, guess I gotta finish Light 5 and dark 5 to unlock the new gear mat drops then! Also is darth side good, I have 40 of his shards and debating gri ding out the rest from squad battle rewards?

Darth Sidious is great for Galactic War. Characters with self sustain like him are just amazing because they take hits and heal it off with little to no interaction on your part. His ability to anti-heal and exploit healers to waste turns also saves your team damage too.

He's also very usable in PvE dark side missions. Most people who go for 3* the dark side missions approach it one of two ways: Stun/Heals (usually Sidious, Dooku, Daka, filler filler) or a droid/burst team. Either works, just depends on what you've farmed up.

He's okay in Arena but nothing special. He's fast, anti-jedi, hits fairly hard, and he's got an AoE so he fits a variety of comps. He's fallen out of favor of assist callers and utility (daka stun/rez, RG/Poe/Han taunt/turn meter, etc). People tend to rely more on RNG based comps these days than straight by the numbers. He's still got a great leader ability though and you can certainly fit him into most comps.

(EDIT) Also, the basic 'priority' of your characters strength is Level > Gear > Abilities > Stars. Level restricts what gear/how high your gear/abilities can go, it's effects on your stat growth is incredibly small but it's necessary to actually equip stuff :) Stars really only increase damage/health and not by a massive amount. Yeah, there's a good difference between 7* and 4*, but between 6* and 7*... not so much. Most people just look to hit a certain health threshold to avoid common 1-shots and go about maxing (much) later on.

Also, be mindful that not all levels/abilities are worth leveling up. Prior to the cap increase, there wasn't a huge difference between level 69 and 70 for some characters. They didn't open new gear slots/abilities so it was just a minor stat increase for a ridiculous amount of gold. Likewise, the 5% damage increase on later abilities is really not impressive at all. Leadership abilities are also pointless if you aren't using that character in the leadership slot. General advice is level everything to 3 (you'll gain plenty of tier 1/2 ability mats) then get super picky with your tier 3 mats.

Jaleel

What’s coming next?

Balance Update

Next week we will be releasing our Game Balance update that we first talked about back on March 18th. This will change things up quite a bit, but should make battles much more strategic and less about just cranking out as much damage as fast as possible. Here are some of the key notes for the update (full update notes will be posted next week):

A new statistic is being added to all Characters starting next week, Protection.
Protection provides Characters with additional survivability and first becomes available when a Character reaches Gear Lvl VII.

When battling against a Character with Protection, the Protection meter must be depleted prior to affecting the Character's health.

Armor and Resistance have been adjusted to make them more valuable by providing better damage mitigation.

Advantage has been reworked to grant 100% chance to score a critical hit on the next attack.

Speed will now be more important in calibration of a character’s damage output. Generally speaking, faster acting characters will see a damage reduction and slower characters will see an increase.

Balance adjustments have been made to all Light/Dark Side Battles, Cantina Battles and

Challenges to accommodate the above changes.

Raids

We’ll be sharing more information on Raids starting on April 18th. Actually, let’s not wait that long, here are a few details to help you and your friends get ready!

There are 7 difficulty levels

The lowest difficulty is open to all characters, the second tier requires 2 star characters, while the highest requires 7 star characters

The rewards from completing a raid scale up with each difficulty

Guild Chat (and some other features)

Guild Chat will be a great way for Guild members to talk about strategies in real time and to just chat with friends about how awesome the latest trailer for Rogue One is. This will be accessible only from the Cantina and Guilds Home screen, chat will not be accessible while you are in a Raid.

Another feature we’re adding with Guild Chat is the ability to tap on a player’s name, bringing up more detail about their profile. You can also see your own stats by tapping on your level and progress bar on the Cantina screen. Some of the things you’ll be able to see on a profile include:

Total Arena Battles Won/Lost
Total Galactic War Battles Won
Total Sim Tickets Used
Total Energy Spent
Total Data Cards Opened
Total Credits Spent
And more!

Stay tuned as we provide even more details on our Game Balance Update that is arriving next week.

Aselith

They're adding protection but not reworking defense/defense up? ok.jpeg :/ Fix that shit so it helps at all! Or is this going to replace it?

Tobor

How in the world are we still stuck with only Frontier Luke and Stormtrooper Han? I want Empire Strikes back Luke and regular Han Solo already! The models are in the game!

Jaleel

How in the world are we still stuck with only Frontier Luke and Stormtrooper Han? I want Empire Strikes back Luke and regular Han Solo already! The models are in the game!

Soon enough. Old Ben, Lando, Chirpa, Rex, Magma Trooper and Tusken Shaman were just added. Im sure Jedi Luke and Scoundrel Han Solo and a few other in game models will be released just as the others trickled in.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Lando was the first hero I pulled out of my first 350 pack when I was just starting out.

He carried me through so much, he's not particularly good later on but he's got decent AoE and strong damage which is all you need to get through the first 3-4 normal / hard mode tiers of missions

I like Frontier Luke though he's great! But yeah I wish they would add at least Death Star Jedi Luke. I think they're gonna run into the problem where they don't want 4-6 versions of the same character so I figure it'd be a while before we get stuff like smuggler han, esb luke and clone wars obi-wan.

You know now that I think about it, I have no idea why they went with clone wars era chewbacca

j-wood

Soon enough. Old Ben, Lando, Chirpa, Rex, Magma Trooper and Tusken Shaman were just added. Im sure Jedi Luke and Scoundrel Han Solo and a few other in game models will be released just as the others trickled in.

I also really wan Clone Wars Obi Wan. I need my luminara, anakin, obi wan, ahsoka, barista team :(

Lando was the first hero I pulled out of my first 350 pack when I was just starting out.

He carried me through so much, he's not particularly good later on but he's got decent AoE and strong damage which is all you need to get through the first 3-4 normal / hard mode tiers of missions

I like Frontier Luke though he's great! But yeah I wish they would add at least Death Star Jedi Luke. I think they're gonna run into the problem where they don't want 4-6 versions of the same character so I figure it'd be a while before we get stuff like smuggler han, esb luke and clone wars obi-wan.

You know now that I think about it, I have no idea why they went with clone wars era chewbacca

Maybe they could just sell them as premium skins? Keep the abilities and stats of the base character, but have new animations when required

Stanng243

Finally hit level 60. I'm about to get my first 7 star character. Some of those equipment drop rates are way too low. Same with the shards. I had 6 battles, I got 1 shard. Which pisses me off, as I needed 2.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Maybe they could just sell them as premium skins? Keep the abilities and stats of the base character, but have new animations when required

I think for some it might make sense, but smuggler han, ROTJ Luke and Clone Wars Obi-Wan could definitely be very different characters from the ones we currently have.

ESB Luke could easily be a skin for ROTJ Luke, same with Tatooine Han or even something like Fulcrum Ahsoka from rebels.

Speaking of rebels, it's weird we don't have any of those characters considering how it's the current running TV show.

Pejo

Man, with those changes I'm super glad I'm a F2P player. It sounds like fast attacker teams (pretty much the meta right now from what I can tell) are getting huge nerfs with the protection and defense buffs, and speed damage nerf.

I can't imagine how pissed you'd be to spend $$$$ and hear that kind of thing.

That said, I'm actually hoping it brings some more diversity in the teams. I'm part of the problem, but almost every team has 3/4 of the same members at best, usually carbon copies of each other at worst.

Stanng243

Are the Training Droid events worth it? It doesn't seem like the energy cost is worth the reward. At least the first event. It's 20 energy for 2 3 star and 2 2 star training droids

Blank!

Are the Training Droid events worth it? It doesn't seem like the energy cost is worth the reward. At least the first event. It's 20 energy for 2 3 star and 2 2 star training droids

Nope. You should ultimately end up with a training droid surplus as your credit funds become exhausted from leveling up your heroes. The credit even isn't worth doing either before you ask.

Man, with those changes I'm super glad I'm a F2P player. It sounds like fast attacker teams (pretty much the meta right now from what I can tell) are getting huge nerfs with the protection and defense buffs, and speed damage nerf.

I'm sitting firmly in the "wait and see" camp to see how drastic (or not) this ends up being. I honestly feel like the big '3' heroes (Dooku, QGJ, Geno Soldier) will still remain very strong options.

Dodge's value is going to go up if we start seeing a meta of slow characters with big attacks (unless defense becomes a "thing"). Dooku's anti-jedi/stun abilities still makes him solid.

I don't see QGJ going anywhere either. 1 turn-assist call, speed leader ability (which likely won't be factored in jedi damage nerfs), and the only decent dispel in the game all very strong. His own personal damage isn't anything amazing anyway, it's always been the 75% assist call which potentially gets stronger if you call in the right guy.

Geno for much the same reason as QGJ, calling in a slow/high damage guy as an assist gets around the 'slow but high damage' arch-type. His speed means he cycles turns fast and can do it over and over. I don't see that utility going away unless he gets a significant HP nerf on top of everything else.

Rey will likely be hit the hardest by this. Sidious as well potentially, though he already fell out of favor. Leia next to no one uses except the random ackbar team which probably still sucks.

And honestly at this point, most FTP teams that started from the beginning already have their near max/max Dooku, WGJ, and Geno. Rey, maybe not... but she's hardly important to the meta. I would feel worse for the FTP people who have just finished starring up these speed-meta teams only for it to change... or I would if I had any faith in the dev's balancing. I don't think the "speed nerf" will be harsh enough but I'm fully prepared to eat my words :)

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I feel like while I enjoy this game a good bit, I would enjoy it infinitely less if I began to drop money on it.

Plus the only meaningful way to drop money on the game is by straight up waiting for deals where you can get 2-3 guaranteed 4star heroes you want.

Buying crystals seems eh.

Blank!

I feel like while I enjoy this game a good bit, I would enjoy it infinitely less if I began to drop money on it.

Plus the only meaningful way to drop money on the game is by straight up waiting for deals where you can get 2-3 guaranteed 4star heroes you want.

Buying crystals seems eh.

Spending money on this game is kind of silly at this point. As someone who dropped some dough on this game (no regrets), looking back, I probably wouldn't have bothered. Nearly everything I gained from it can either be farmed now (and faster) or I simply don't use. That Ayala/Kit Fitso/Leia I pulled from a Chromium? Too low star to even consider using anywhere and no place to farm.

There was certainly a time when you could roll with low star heroes, but that time didn't last long.

There were a handful of packs that would certainly give a nice jumping off point (the Jedi bundle if you wanted to be big spender and start GW clears sooner, droid bundle used to be good for Arena, Dooku pack I would still buy no questions asked) but everything else has been hot garbage. That QGJ/Anakin/Snips bundle? A joke. The Shaman/Rex packs? Not worth it unless you're dropping serious cash.

I could see an argument for crystals for more refreshes, but as you get higher in arena you sort of become self sufficient unless you want to do crazy farming. I place top 10 and do 1 cantina/2 energy and I make shards (depending on where I end up placing).

I think for some it might make sense, but smuggler han, ROTJ Luke and Clone Wars Obi-Wan could definitely be very different characters from the ones we currently have.

ESB Luke could easily be a skin for ROTJ Luke, same with Tatooine Han or even something like Fulcrum Ahsoka from rebels.

Speaking of rebels, it's weird we don't have any of those characters considering how it's the current running TV show.

I see where you're coming from, but I'm not exactly sure if I agree. I would have agreed wholeheartedly if the game was more consistent with giving characters stats and abilities that fit, but the game is kinda all over the place in that regard.

Characters like Ben Kenobi are great and are very clearly informed by their movie counterpart, whereas characters like Ahsoka and Darth Maul make absolutely no sense when compared to their abilities in Clone Wars and Rebels. Hell, damage monsters like Resistance Pilot and FOTP are really fucking weird since those dinky blasters have never been shown to be so destructive.

Do agree that it's crazy Rebels characters still aren't in. Rebels just seem to be the black sheep of Star Wars media and merchandise; no play set in Disney Infinity, no presence in Galaxy of Heroes and seemingly no presence in Star Wars Lego. At this stage, I'd expect Rogue One characters to pop up sooner

Stanng243

It's a fun game. I just opened the shard store, and that's a big disappointment. I had 2 shards, and I got 30 points. The cheapest items are 300 points. Taking 20 shards to get 2 shards seems like highway robbery.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I don't think power level has to match the movie / show representation but rather what abilities they have and what they do has to fit the character.

Also I think the reason I dont like the idea of buying crystals is because when I think about for example how many crystals it would take to unlock qgj via squad battle rewards, it gets outta hand. You need what? 30 or 50 shards to unlock him? At about 2 reward points per point of energy used and 400 reward points per 5 shards, that is about 4,800 energy for 30 shards. Which means for me at level 52 (I can only store 120) buying energy like 40 times, squad energy is 100 for the first time 200 after. So that is like 7900 crystals if you wanted to insta unlock something, but I havent even factored in buying store refreshes, so really it is about 8500 unless i messed up my math horribly lol.

Naturally no one would ever buy crystals to do this theyd just use em to buy packs or to farm a bit better but ehhhhh id just wait. It isnt like I play all day yknow?

Cth

Level 71 here and thinking of stopping with the new update and was hoping to get some feedback.

The game is fun, but it's starting to get repetitive finally, and I'm running out of space on my phone. I've never really been about PvP, and I've never gotten higher than 900-something. The grinding to get characters like Yoda is depressing, as I've missed out on him twice now because of how long it takes to farm Qui-Gon (my 5th Jedi).

So, the idea of Guilds (presumably for more PvP but in groups this time) makes me think that it might be a good time to call it quits.

Am I reading the guild thing wrong?

Aselith

Level 71 here and thinking of stopping with the new update and was hoping to get some feedback.

The game is fun, but it's starting to get repetitive finally, and I'm running out of space on my phone. I've never really been about PvP, and I've never gotten higher than 900-something. The grinding to get characters like Yoda is depressing, as I've missed out on him twice now because of how long it takes to farm Qui-Gon (my 5th Jedi).

So, the idea of Guilds (presumably for more PvP but in groups this time) makes me think that it might be a good time to call it quits.

Am I reading the guild thing wrong?

Guilds probably won't be group PvP but it (pvp) and GW are the challenging parts of the game. I'd quit if you don't like those. Just farming isn't much fun without something to use it for.

Raids are coming though so...

Blank!

I don't think power level has to match the movie / show representation but rather what abilities they have and what they do has to fit the character.

Also I think the reason I dont like the idea of buying crystals is because when I think about for example how many crystals it would take to unlock qgj via squad battle rewards, it gets outta hand. You need what? 30 or 50 shards to unlock him? At about 2 reward points per point of energy used and 400 reward points per 5 shards, that is about 4,800 energy for 30 shards. Which means for me at level 52 (I can only store 120) buying energy like 40 times, squad energy is 100 for the first time 200 after. So that is like 7900 crystals if you wanted to insta unlock something, but I havent even factored in buying store refreshes, so really it is about 8500 unless i messed up my math horribly lol.

Naturally no one would ever buy crystals to do this theyd just use em to buy packs or to farm a bit better but ehhhhh id just wait. It isnt like I play all day yknow?

It's 330 shards to unlock someone all the way to 7*. at 400 cantina tokens per 5 shards, that's 26400 tokens to fully unlock. You get 21 tokens per 12 energy fight (not sure about level 7 cantina). So that's 1258 fights to get all the 26418 tokens. 1258 fights at 12 energy = 15096 energy.

You get 120 energy per day from regular regen and 120 energy per refresh (refreshes double in price if done on the same day; so 100 energy, then 200, 400, etc)... so you'd need to do 125 refreshes + the regular days energy in order to unlock and 7 star a character in a single day.

If you refresh once per day, you can get a character to 7 stars in a little over 2 months without getting shards from any other source... usually with level up bonuses and shards from other areas (hard mode, lucky chromiums, shard shop) it's a little under 2 months.

(EDIT) Got bored and ran the numbers, I'm about 68 days of Galactic war farming from being able to level up every hero available in GW to 7*, and that's if I get 0 shards for those characters from any other source.

For Arena, the # is kind of depressing. Assuming 2 purchases a day, I'm about 210 days away from maxing everyone in the arena. The droid event actually for android actually helped with that as 88/HK47 still aren't 7*... not that I'm in any great rush to max Ugnaught of CUP. Happy to work on Nute/Greedo for now for if/when the Scoundrel event comes around.

Stanng243

Can anyone tell me how your Galactic war opponents get picked? I've won like the last 15 days straight, but today I'm getting my as kicked.I'm on fight 9, and my opponent and at least 2 of his team are 10 levels higher than me. I tried fighting it, and it took one shot to kill some of my team.

Did someone fall asleep on the numbers pad when they were altering the Dodge %s? I can't hit ANYONE today! Even characters that never miss, i.e. Ventress and Opress, are whiffing left and right—not as much as the rest of my team, but something has gone horribly wrong.

Blank!

Random patch notes so far:

Galactic War- Use a "b" or low level team to clear first 6 nodes. The damage you take to protection won't recover significantly and when it's gone, it's just gone. It looks like enemies don't gain protection so there's that but it's a pretty significant disadvantage for later levels. I find myself burning through heals much faster so far. Still clearing it as I type this (beat first 8 levels with my "a" team without deaths) but there's been a couple closer calls than I like.

(EDIT) Cleared GW, 2 deaths. Not that bad I guess, but RNG can screw you over if the AI focus fires a little bit. Heroes basically have less health and heals account for less. I will say switching in a "B" team or whatever that's at least gear 7* has a huge HP buffer which makes beating certain fights easier.

Geo Soldier doesn't feel nerfed at all. Still pretty big damage (assist call with O-up hit for just under 12K without factoring in assist damage), good speed, good health... like just incredibly solid.

Glass Cannons seem very much nerfed.

Royal Guard is OP as shit, as a bonus he's stunning even on whiffs too.

Arena battles take forever. I can see a bulky/heal team being an absolute bitch to deal with. I hear counter-characters in general are very good, I dread the Dooku, Kylo, Fives, RG, Lum teams that we'll be seeing.

Strength challenge is hard. I can still auto-it, but I have to point the characters to what I want them to attack. I actually need both droids buffs or I lose. Training challenge still a joke.

Omega event is easy so long as you have the characters. Refreshing the credit event is actually a pretty good deal. It's 100 crystals for for 112,500 credits which is 1125 credits per crystal. They sell 525,000 credits for 595 crystals which is 882.35 credits per crystal. You are limited to 2 refreshes however.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I've been clearing GW like it's nothing this whole week and then today 2 battle's from victory i come across this 5555, Sid and Rey, Lumi, QJG combo that killed everyone before I had a chance to do anything about it.

Totally brick walled me lol. Also the "rate our game" notification got a new NEVER option but I don't wanna push it because I am scared it will enable ultra hard mode or something.

Aselith

What is WITH the rando characters that they are allowing you for the Endor event? It's not really hard so it was easy to complete but I have lots of characters and nearly none of them are usable. Seems like just certain tanks are allowed but not all tanks?

Blank!

What is WITH the rando characters that they are allowing you for the Endor event? It's not really hard so it was easy to complete but I have lots of characters and nearly none of them are usable. Seems like just certain tanks are allowed but not all tanks?

It's a random selection of heroes each day... there's a list floating around that you can probably dig up. Basically each of the 7 days different heroes will be usable.

(EDIT) found it :

Monday

dooku
lumi
fives
reistance trooper
nightsister acolyte
asohka
coruscant underworld police
jawa
veers
nute gunray
hoth rebel scout

Tuesday
sidious
jedi consular
hk47
eeth koth
nightsister initiate
anakin
datcha
old ben
first order trooper
greedo
tusken raider

Wednesday
phasma
daka
ig86
vader
rey
biggs
ewok scout
ima gundi
grand moff tarkin
resistance pilot
storm trooper

Thursday
kylo ren
barris
genosian soldier
savage
han
boba fett
royal guard
grievous
plokoon
rex
hoth rebel soldier

Friday
QGJ
ewok elder
ig88
mace windu
clone sergeant
cad bane
finn
darth maul
uror
ugnaught
yoda

Saturday
chewbacca
poe
tusken shaman
luke
lando
chirpa
first order officer
leia
jedi knight guardian
lobot
magnaguard

Sunday
Asaj
Ackbar
talia
poggle
aayla
teebo
first order tier pilot
kit fisto
magma trooper
snow trooper
mob enforcer

Based on that, Friday and Saturday will be my hardest days. Friday will be QGJ an undergeared IG-88 and a VERY undergeared Yoda or clone Sergeant. Saturday will be Chewie/Poe and an undergeared Luke. It's a fairly easy event so I'm pretty sure 2 characters can probably carry it, Han isn't that hard to take down but his counter-attacks can add up.

Advantage isn't breakable by attacking the characters twice anymore in case anyone is wondering.

Rokal

My team got several substantial damage nerfs, everything feels like it takes much longer to do now, and my team as a whole feels much more squishy in GW due to the large health reductions in this patch. Protection isn't an even compensation since it stops recharging between matches if it is depleted during any.

Several characters I spent months advancing now do 20%+ less damage, the game feels like a drag to get through previously routine daily activities, and all in the name of an ill-conceived attempt to balance PvP, a feature I don't even use.

Great patch guys.

I'm done playing until they revert some of these changes, as this patch has turned the game into a chore.

antonz

yeah changes were far too extreme. I lost 5-6 bars of health on most heroes and in exchange I got 4 "protection" bars that practically get blown off in single hits. This is the kind of changes that kill games

Moff

haha, wow the challenges are a LOT harder now, too. they could be done blind before now the trash is killing characters in the first round

Hanmik

what a shitty update.. matches (even normal easy light and dark ones) takes forever now..

the way they lowered some stats and added the stupid protection system is just lololol .. damn this is sad.. and I even bothered getting to level 70 (will probably be 71 in an hour or 2)... and then it looks like I will be done with this.. unless they change this system fast,.

Aselith

I just don't understand why protection is a thing. What is better because protection is in the game now? What problem is it addressing?

Blank!

I don't think health has been lowered at all, just that protection has been added on top of this.

Galactic War enemies will have protection, I guess my GW was "locked" with old stats... that's going to make it a huge pain in the ass.

Challenges are a mixed bag. Some people just wanted them to be "sim ticket"-able, others wanted them to actually be a challenge. The STR one was challenging, I had to actually play it to beat it. The others, so far, not so much. I'll see what the INT/Ability Mat challenges look like but I'm not expecting them to be all that hard.

I think the idea was to slow down the meta/damage creep without making healing/RG/Barriss even more powerful (RG is a beast, but if this was straight up double the HP he'd be stupid powerful). But the combined protection + damage nerf was just the wrong way to do it. How Geno Soldier got ignored is kind of hilarious when characters like Resistance Pilot got smacked around hard.

The changes suck, but if you expected relative hero power to remain the same forever you were living in a dream world. And if you thought the dev team was smart enough to make the right balance decisions, well, you know how that turned out too.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
wew nelly qui gon is doing like 70% of the damage he was before. He could crit up to 1200 now he can only crit 900 on his assist move. Which means unless he gets a crit he's tickling people and outside of his two specials he's doing literally no damage now. I've seen him do sub 500 on certain hits. It hurts to watch.

Sid also feels way weaker.

Ahsoka is basically carrying my team in terms of burst damage because she's still doing her old numbers.

Not to mention everyone is way squishier, a couple of my characters lost a whole bar of health.

Speaking of which I need a solid dark side healer, what are my options besides daka?

Daka would be great but I'm wondering if there is anything else that's worth getting and easily farmable?

Iceman829

I was starting to get bored of the game and was checking out the new lvl 80 cap update. Now it seems like every match takes forever and all my characters that I took the time to lvl up and gear up swing wet noodles at enemies. The nice thing I enjoy about mobile games are they are something you can invest small chunks of time in when you are bored or need a distraction. This update turned the game into a chore and nothing about it seems fun to me. I'm out

Pejo

Echo'ing sentiments here. Game is just a chore now. It's not even worth the time to do the dailies. I wonder what the hell they were thinking with these huge nerfs and the awful "protection" system.

The one thing that I was looking forward to for the past few months was them adding Greivous, which they did, in the worst possible way. I have too many mobile games I've been playing anyways, so this one's out.

I've played a lot of mobile gacha games in the past few years, and without hyperbole this one has been handled the worst by the devs out of any that I've played.

Stanng243

I'm not loving the new changes. The Galactic war which doesn't renew protection once it's gone gives the defenders an unfair advantage.

Tzeentch

It's not often you see a CU that more-or-less destroys a game, but I think we have a contender here. The developers seem to be under the impression that they are not making a mobile game, nor do they have any respect for their players time.

Top Bottom