• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Kettch

Managed to snag first place two days in a row now. That's a big help for me, since I was running a bit low on crystals. Jumping up a bit early and then blocking it half the time is definitely the way to go.

Biggest choice that I'm going to have soon is whether to farm Windu in order to get Yoda, or Dooku. Pretty sure I want both for my arena team in end, but I think Dooku is probably a little more valuable as knocking out the opposing Qui-Gon is huge.

Aselith

My understanding as a lot of these FTP games have this "VIP" system in place (Marvel Future Fight I guess?) where spending X dollars gives other bonuses. I think this is basically the start of that.

Honestly, I don't think non-whales would even invest in it. Only a CHANCE for a character unlock otherwise it's 5 worthless shards to a chromium exclusive character only? It doesn't make sense for low spenders to buy in the first place.

Well it's like 6 bucks and it gives you around 100k gold plus the ability mats and some extra character shards beyond Rex so it would be kind of in that impulse purchase range so I think it might do pretty solid sales. That Chromiums sucks because of the scattershot possibility for characters, this is more targeted so it might be tempting.

Blank!

Well it's like 6 bucks and it gives you around 100k gold plus the ability mats and some extra character shards beyond Rex so it would be kind of in that impulse purchase range so I think it might do pretty solid sales. That Chromiums sucks because of the scattershot possibility for characters, this is more targeted so it might be tempting.

I dunno, maybe? I still see it as pretty hard to justify. The other character shards you can unlock aren't the greatest to farm. I just see a whole lot of buyer's remorse when they pull 5x rex shards from the same pack and have 10/80 shards for a chromium only character to show for it.

Daka day 2 continues to screw me over in arena. I'm now just skipping Daka teams. Daka/Han combo too fucking strong with the RNG.

Also, fuck Rey's gear requirements. 2 50x's and a shit ton of purples at gear level 9... it's crazy. She's back on the shelf until I get super lucky with those.

I feel like I'll 7 star every galactic war hero before they offer up anyone new there. I'm stockpiling shards for no real reason at this point but at some point, I'll just go crazy and start buying out the entire board every refresh.

Aselith

I dunno, maybe? I still see it as pretty hard to justify. The other character shards you can unlock aren't the greatest to farm. I just see a whole lot of buyer's remorse when they pull 5x rex shards from the same pack and have 10/80 shards for a chromium only character to show for it.

Daka day 2 continues to screw me over in arena. I'm now just skipping Daka teams. Daka/Han combo too fucking strong with the RNG.

Also, fuck Rey's gear requirements. 2 50x's and a shit ton of purples at gear level 9... it's crazy. She's back on the shelf until I get super lucky with those.

I feel like I'll 7 star every galactic war hero before they offer up anyone new there. I'm stockpiling shards for no real reason at this point but at some point, I'll just go crazy and start buying out the entire board every refresh.

Yeah it's not something I'd buy but it's a hell of a lot better than buying the chromium packs

Blank!

lol, greatest arena loss ever.

QGJ (L), Daka, Royal Guard, Geno, Rey team (all 7 star). I beat it, saving daka for last (her revive missed) and wait for time to count down. I kill her with 10 seconds left, she revives. I kill her again, she revives. Draw.

Fucking hate daka.

Aselith

lol, greatest arena loss ever.

QGJ (L), Daka, Royal Guard, Geno, Rey team (all 7 star). I beat it, saving daka for last (her revive missed) and wait for time to count down. I kill her with 10 seconds left, she revives. I kill her again, she revives. Draw.

Fucking hate daka.

Never save Daka for last she can revive their whole team if she rolls right

Blank!

Never save Daka for last she can revive their whole team if she rolls right

Royal guard prevented me from killing anyone else since he resisted QGJ dispel. She burned her heal after that but didn't bring him back to life, so there was little point in focusing her over the Rey/Geno/QGJ after that. QGJ was easy to manage with Dooku but Rei avoided my Sidious debuff so she had to go ASAP. Killing Daka at that point would of left open some hellish assist calls from Geno that I didn't want to deal with.

No, I think I played it right other than not expecting 2 10% rolls in a row within 10 seconds.

Moff

what's the best way to make money except the money challenges and galactic war?
I have a good team now, all of them purple equipped but they are underleveled.

is there something I can do with tickets and energy to get money faster?

Aselith

what's the best way to make money except the money challenges and galactic war?
I have a good team now, all of them purple equipped but they are underleveled.

is there something I can do with tickets and energy to get money faster?

You can do the event for droid mining, it kinda sucks now but it'll be income and higher level Cantina runs are okish money

Moff

I need to vent again

is it me or is squad arena pure luck?
I am really starting to get frustrated and I find myself playing pvp less and less

I always get paired with teams who have much higher level characters, mine are around 60 and I always get teams with 65 to 70 characters. and I miss so often, and they always hit.
sidious' debuff rarely applies, then qui gon does his tag team attack, deflect, dodge
obi wans debuff? always complete resist on at least 3 or 4 enemy characters.
how are tactics even possible this way? am I doing something wrong? do I need to level up? why am I matched with much higher level teams?

Blank!

I need to vent again

is it me or is squad arena pure luck?
I am really starting to get frustrated and I find myself playing pvp less and less

I always get paired with teams who have much higher level characters, mine are around 60 and I always get teams with 65 to 70 characters. and I miss so often, and they always hit.
sidious' debuff rarely applies, then qui gon does his tag team attack, deflect, dodge
obi wans debuff? always complete resist on at least 3 or 4 enemy characters.
how are tactics even possible this way? am I doing something wrong? do I need to level up? why am I matched with much higher level teams?

5-10 levels isn't some huge gap. I'd chalk it up to bad luck more than anything else. Just make sure you're geared up. Keep in mind jedi have lower hit rate versus Sidious as well, and RNG will screw you over.

But yeah, level up more.

Blank!

Farming to get my Royal Guard up to 4 and kit him out properly. He is so going on my arena team now.

I haven't been impressed so far. Maybe it's just my lineup, but his taunt triggers after Geo soldier which is right when QGJ (non-leader) gets his turn, so it's a free offense up on my next attack. He wastes his first turn with a pretty pointless buff and he only stuns when his health is high (and it generally won't be by the time his 2nd turn comes around). Dunno, maybe people haven't found the "right' team for him yet. I feel like Poe is a better "fast' taunter overall though.

Rey's gear is fucking ridiculous to farm. I'm after 20 of the dog tag things and I'm getting like 1 every 100-150 energy? That's not even the cufflinks/syringes either... just noticed Han needs 20 of the dog tags too, ugh.

The difficulty change they made to GW today has made this game completely untenable. I'm basically facing 12 teams in a row of people at my rank in Arena, and those matches I barely scrape by.

Think I'm officially done with this game. Haven't had any trouble in GW for two months now and today I was nowhere near being able to clear it. Level 70 7 star teams every match. These developers really have no idea what they are doing.

Iceman829

They made changes today?

Small update today, notes below.

Adjustments have been made to Galactic War matchmaking. These adjustments will not be done until you have restarted your Galactic War for the day.
Credits will be sent to the inbox of players who logged in every day in February but did not receive the reward or credit for completing the achievement.

I noticed no difference in GW. Same easy teams I've been walking through. GW only took about a half hour. Went to sleep early because of that. Also finally unlocked Rey last night as well.

Blank!

I went through GW without anyone dying last night after the update. I think it's as random as always.

This is the first time I'm still seeing pre-70 non-purple gear teams in tier 2. So it looks to have gotten easier for me out of nowhere. *shrug*

evangd007

This is the first time I'm still seeing pre-70 non-purple gear teams in tier 2. So it looks to have gotten easier for me out of nowhere. *shrug*

I noticed that my GW was more consistent. Groups got consistently more difficult as I went on instead of having one random early node having a huge difficulty spike.

Blank!

I noticed that my GW was more consistent. Groups got consistently more difficult as I went on instead of having one random early node having a huge difficulty spike.

Yeah, I'm still making my way through but this seems correct for this run anyway. On my 7th fight (3rd tier) and still not facing full 7 star teams or even full level 70's... it's much easier.

EDIT - fight number 9, full 70s/stars/gear.

EDIT2 - beat it, last fight all 70's 1 guy at 6 stars (QGJ) but otherwise arena-worthy teams for the last 4 fights. Also, 10K GW tokens sitting there waiting for a purpose :(

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yeah, I'm still making my way through but this seems correct for this run anyway. On my 7th fight (3rd tier) and still not facing full 7 star teams or even full level 70's... it's much easier.

EDIT - fight number 9, full 70s/stars/gear.

EDIT2 - beat it, last fight all 70's 1 guy at 6 stars (QGJ) but otherwise arena-worthy teams for the last 4 fights. Also, 10K GW tokens sitting there waiting for a purpose :(

Why not pump them in to a 7 star character and get the shards for the shard shop?

Blank!

Why not pump them in to a 7 star character and get the shards for the shard shop?

Thought about it, if I spent all my GW money (~150 shards worth) I'd get a whopping 15 shards for a bunch of random characters. Just doesn't seem worth it, I guess I'd get Rey or someone to a higher star level the slightest bit faster? But that's only if the shards show up for her in the first place.

Grevious is whale territory. I'll wait till he gets moved over to non-p2w status (and someone else takes his place).

I played this game for at least an hour every single day since October. Didn't miss a day.

After the GW change yesterday I deleted it from my phone and tablet. I'm done and I'm not looking back. What a slap in the face to the most loyal users...

Aselith

I played this game for at least an hour every single day since October. Didn't miss a day.

After the GW change yesterday I deleted it from my phone and tablet. I'm done and I'm not looking back. What a slap in the face to the most loyal users...

Don't want to give it one more day to see if that one run was a fluke?

Kettch

GW seems about the same to me. I just hit 70 and I'm clearing it pretty easily with my 7* Luminara, 7* Darth Sidious, 7* Geonosian Solder, 6* Jedi Consular and 5* Qui-Gon team. Last couple days I haven't even run into any of the nasty 5 heavy hitter teams that I usually sub in a sacrifical Poe for. Just cleared all the way through with those 5.

Blank!

After more time with the "new" GW, it's certainly easier. I don't see full 70's teams until the 7th fight, whereas before they'd show up way earlier. Not a whole lot of change from the 7-12 fights. I still run into a whole lot of 2+ jedi teams which are meat to the grinder at this point. The few difficult fights I can throw in a scrub team of lowbies to eat all the cooldowns then go back in with the A team to clean up. I've started to not restart if I lose someone as it lets me use more of the roster of characters I have now....

Farming Greedo/Lando for the possible Scoundrel event. Kind of baffling how they're going to do this considering how limited in availability scoundrels are. My team so far is looking to be Chewie (5 stars), Greedo (3 stars ATM), Lando (not unlocked), Boba Fett (6 stars), and Cad Bane (4 stars) who I lucked into. I think the only other 2 scoundrels are Nute and Mob Enforcer... can't farm Greedo and Nute at the same time and Mob Enforcer is just, no... and with no way to farm Cad, I'll probably stop the farming at 4 stars. Hoping they add someone to Galactic War but I think Cad Bane would be the only one that makes any sense.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Is it worth spending the time to max out 5 Jedis to max out yoda?
I've managed to unlock him but I've been working at it since the last event but I've got one 7 star (Lumi), one 6 ( eeth) and Mace, Ashoka and Consular are all just 5*
every jedi team I've encountered in GW/arena have been super easy to beat

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Is it worth spending the time to max out 5 Jedis to max out yoda?
I've managed to unlock him but I've been working at it since the last event but I've got one 7 star (Lumi), one 6 ( eeth) and Mace, Ashoka and Consular are all just 5*
every jedi team I've encountered in GW/arena have been super easy to beat

No. I don't think he's that good, at least not on arena defense. I target teams with Yoda because he doesn't fit into the current meta. I would unlock him and then get him to 7* whenever it happens naturally.

Stanng243

I just started playing a couple of days ago. Can anyone tell me which jedi are the easier to get? I've only currently got 1.

I just started playing a couple of days ago. Can anyone tell me which jedi are the easier to get? I've only currently got 1.

Luminara (in Galactic War) is not only easy to get but she's top notch. Eeth Koth (Arena shipments) is also easy to get, but not noteworthy.

Aselith

Luminara (in Galactic War) is not only easy to get but she's top notch. Eeth Koth (Arena shipments) is also easy to get, but not noteworthy.

Eeth actually pretty great for a lot of things. Like his stun is very good about not getting resisted and his leader ability is useful for going through stages as it can help with really hard hitting physical enemies. Damage on his autoattack is ok. I ignored him for a long time but now that I maxed him I use him all the time.

Once Cantina opens there are a lot of farmable Jedi in there and getting Qui Gon Jin via Cantina shipments would be a great idea at that point.

Blank!

Eeth actually pretty great for a lot of things. Like his stun is very good about not getting resisted and his leader ability is useful for going through stages as it can help with really hard hitting physical enemies. Damage on his autoattack is ok. I ignored him for a long time but now that I maxed him I use him all the time.

Once Cantina opens there are a lot of farmable Jedi in there and getting Qui Gon Jin via Cantina shipments would be a great idea at that point.

You overrate him IMO. He's not particularly fast without GQJ lead or have very high HP. His leader ability is straight up bad (Defense in general is pretty bad, but jedi-only defense is likely worse). Lum easily has the superior leader ability as far as mitigation, with GWJ having the better jedi-only ability.

He's very anti-droid but that tends to be unnecessary. Even "droid teams" these days only end up running 2 droids tops, and neither of them are particularly HP heavy. Defense down is probably the least useful debuff in the game as well.

Unless you're a fan of Eeth (?!?) his only real purpose is being a FTP option of unlocking Yoda at high star levels. You get Lum from GW, JC from hard mode/cantina/starter, QGJ from Cantina shipments, Barriss from Cantina, and Eeth from Arena. That's the "dream FTP team" for Yoda challenge.

Kumquat

UGH! I had one shard to go for Royal Guard and I still had 3 times on a node available. I do all three and don't get a shard! I've got 100 crystals lying around so I figure, why not, and spend the 50 to renew the node. No shard on all three tries again!

So going with the law of averages, I refresh the other node. Three times, no shard. I'm just simmering in anger juice right now.

In other news I have started using an arena team of HK-47 as the leader, IG-88 and IG-86 as the damage, and have Han and Royal Guard for tank and taunt. It is working really well for me and the turn meter manipulation is crazy. The royal guard auto taunt is huge for not getting potted before turns come up.

Iceman829

Here are the update notes for 3/15/16.

General

Droids Fight Back Event (Google Play Exclusive) – in this limited time event players will be required to form a squad of at least 3 droids to face off against the Jawas. The first tier of the event requires the player droids to be 2 star, the second tier 4 star and the final tier 6 star. Players who can complete the event will be rewarded with various prizes, including the chance to receive droid character Shards!
Darth Vader has had his stats increased if players raise his star tier to 6 or 7. Before, 6 and 7 star Darth Vader characters had reduced stats due to an exploit that allowed players to receive extra Shards for him. Now that those players are no longer a concern, we have increased the power of 6 and 7 star Darth Vader to its rightful place.
The Sullust environment can now be seen in game! It’s smoke filled skies and flowing rivers of lava make for a new exciting place to battle.

New Character(s)

Chief Chirpa
The Chief of the Ewoks on the Forest Moon of Endor

Main Stat: Intelligence
Role: Support
Species: Ewok
Found In: Chromium Packs and Cantina Battle 5-D

Basic
Bounding Strike

Deal Physical damage to target enemy. In addition, Chirpa gains 20% Turn Meter if that enemy had more than 50% Turn Meter.

Special #1:
Ancestral Secrets
All allies recover 10% of their Max Health at the start of their next 2 turns. Ewok allies also gain Retribution for 2 turns, and recover Health for 1 additional turn.

Special #2:
Tribal Unity
Grant all allies Speed Up for 2 turns, then call a random Ewok ally and one other random ally to Assist. These Assists deal 70% less damage.

Leader
Simple Tactics
Ewok allies gain 10% Turn Meter whenever they perform a Basic attack, and other allies gain half that amount.

Characters

Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) – character shards can now be found for Old Ben in Cantina Battles 2-F and 6-B in addition to Chromium Packs.
Unit Descriptions – the descriptions for a number of characters have been updated to better describe them.
Magmatrooper – Shards for Magmatroper can now be obtained from Chromium Packs.

Ahsoka Tano –
Despite her solid offensive stats, Ahsoka has been underperforming due to her unreliable survivability, compounded by low Speed. Her kit has been revised to give her a chance to shine.

Basic – Energetic Slash
Deal Physical damage to target enemy and Ahsoka recovers Health equal to 6% of her Max Health, increased to 9% on a Critical Hit.

Special – Protective Maneuver
Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If the target has 50% Health or more, all allies recover Health equal to 10% of Ahsoka's Max Health. If the target has less than 50% Health, this attack deals 25% more damage instead.

Leader – Quick Steps
Jedi and Nightsister allies have +10% Evasion.
NOTE: This ability’s Evasion bonus is unchanged, but its major upgrades now cause each affected ally to gain Turn Meter when they Evade, not just Ahsoka. The Turn Meter gain has been reduced to account for this.

Unique – Daring Padawan
Ahsoka has +25% Health and +25 Speed. Whenever she suffers a Critical Hit, she loses one of these effects (in reverse order.) Whenever she scores a finishing blow, she regains all of them.

Bug Fixes

Rex’s Squad Discipline now gives the correct amount of Turn Meter to non-Clone allies.
Rex’s Squad Discipline now grants Tenacity up to all allies instead of just himself.
The bonus DoT effect applied by Darth Sidious’s Demoralizing Blows on a critical hit can be Resisted.
HK-47 no longer gains Offense Up from Superior Firepower before the damage is calculated.
Geonosian Soldier no longer gains Offense Up from Aggressive Advance before the damage is calculated.
Rey's Flurry of Blows no longer triggers a Counter Attack for each hit.
Count Dooku's Leader ability now grants the expected amount of Evasion (was previously granting less than intended.)

Multiple characters previously had abilities where their damage would decrease in some cases when upgraded instead of increasing. This has been fixed for the following characters

Asajj Ventress
Old Daka
Geonosian Soldier
HK-47
Kit Fisto
URoRRuR’R’R
Ugnaught
Jawa

Several characters have unit descriptions that are outdated or inaccurate. The following characters have been updated to better reflect their capabilities.

Admiral Ackbar
Ahsoka Tano
Barriss Offee
Clone Sergeant – Phase I
Clone Wars Chewbacca
Coruscant Underworld Police
Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader
Dathcha
Eeth Koth
Ewok Elder
Ewok Scout
General Veers
Geonosian Soldier
Grand Moff Tarkin
Greedo
HK-47
IG-86 Sentinel Droid
IG-88
Ima-Gun Di
Jawa
Jedi Consular
Kit Fisto
Lobot
Nightsister Initiate
Nute Gunray
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben)
Old Daka
Plo Koon
Princess Leia
Royal Guard
Snowtrooper
Stormtrooper
Talia
Tusken Raider
Ugnaught
URoRRUR’R’R

The Dispel effect on Teebo’s Bring Low ability can no longer be Evaded, just like the damage.
Old Daka can no longer Revive herself with Serve Again.
Several characters had stat-boosting effects in their Leader or Unique abilities that could be copied by Grand Master Yoda’s Masterstroke or Battle Meditation; they have been corrected.
Tier two of the Profit Mining event is no longer accessible by players under level 70.
Princess Leia’s Critical Chance Up effect now expires at end of encounter.

Additional things being worked on:

DoT effects being able to defeat an enemy is still being worked on and will be implemented in a future major update.
More characters will have their outdated unit descriptions improved in a future update.
More character bug fixes.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/20260/game-update-3-15-16#latest

I had no idea that jedi teams were no good or that yoda was worthless at high levels :( Spent so much time over the last few weeks starring up and gearing up light side characters to unlock him, then loads more time and credits getting him up to scratch.

7* sidious, 5* lumi, 5* consular, 5* dooku, 5* windu, 5* yoda, 5*QGJ, all gear rank 8 now. Bollocks what a waste of time.

Moff

I had no idea that jedi teams were no good or that yoda was worthless at high levels :( Spent so much time over the last few weeks starring up and gearing up light side characters to unlock him, then loads more time and credits getting him up to scratch.

7* sidious, 5* lumi, 5* consular, 5* dooku, 5* windu, 5* yoda, 5*QGJ, all gear rank 8 now. Bollocks what a waste of time.

sid, lumi, dooku and QGJ are very good in my opinion, they are all in my arena team (+ old ben)

Aselith

I do Eeth, Lumi, Consular, Mace and QGJ and I'm wrecking shop and I do GW easily mostly. I'd drop Dooku and Sid and make a real Jedi team. Sid is a pia for Jedi teams tho

Your Jedi are low star

sid, lumi, dooku and QGJ are very good in my opinion, they are all in my arena team (+ old ben)

Hmm ok I guess it's just differing opinions. Might try to farm for old Ben now he has has made his way out to the Cantina.

I do Eeth, Lumi, Consular, Mace and QGJ and I'm wrecking shop and I do GW easily mostly. I'd drop Dooku and Sid and make a real Jedi team. Sid is a pic for Jedi teams tho

Yeh forgot the 5*Asohka in there but she isn't really up to scratch any more. Or the 6* chewie

They are low star but only started farming them up recently. Lumi in particular I find hard as I can rarely seem to get further than T3 in GW, but I think I'm not doing the whole retreat/sacrifice dance quite right yet.

Yea, I'm on iOS, that's kind of bullshit. Considering dropping the game if it's not going to be considered a supported platform.

Hopefully it's just a timed exclusive. If we never get it and they announce a second android exclusive event, I'm done for good.

Top Bottom