• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes |OT| The best chance to unlock Kylo-Ren

Pejo

What an awesome patch! Can't wait to work on getting old ben.

What's good about ben other than the ability block? I have him already but was kinda unimpressed by his skillset. I'm desperately trying to find a farmable character to round out my main team though. So far it's:

-Sid - Leader bonus for the crit
-Dooku - amazing overall unit. He single-handedly has wiped out levels for me before.
-Luminara - Best healer unit in the game(imo), and great offense.
-QGJ - assist call and being able to get rid of taunts is key in arena
-Darth Maul - Cleanup crew and power hitter for now, but I'm still not incredibly sold on him. Specifically how difficult he is to farm shards for. When you get the enemy team in red HP and he gets a killshot though, look out.

Ideally i'd like to replace Maul with someone I can farm shards reliably for, and Ben might be it. I'd really like someone with some AoE damage, since besides Sid, and Maul, my team is light on AoE. Any thoughts?

Moff

I read ben was great and that's why I use him, I am actually not that impressed either

I'd actually like a really hard and easy farmable damage dealer better, but I don't know which one, maybe IG88
I already have sid, dooku, QGJ and lumi

Kettch

I read ben was great and that's why I use him, I am actually not that impressed either

I'd actually like a really hard and easy farmable damage dealer better, but I don't know which one, maybe IG88
I already have sid, dooku, QGJ and lumi

Geonosian Soldier, if you don't have him yet.

As for the earlier conversation, I actually think Yoda is pretty good for Arena. The main thing he has going for him is that with a Qui-gon lead, Yoda moves before anyone. And going first is the key in arena. His AI isn't great on defense, but just getting that one hit in can usually help take someone out before they get to go.

I think he's just outside of my farmable top 5 at the moment though. Right now, I'm looking at Qui-gon lead, Dooku, Poe, Geonosian Soldier and Old Ben ideally. It'll be a little while before I can farm up Old Ben though, since I'm still finishing up Dooku, so I'll probably leave Luminara in that spot for now.

Moff

hmm yeah the geo soldier is pretty good

but I really hate how he looks and sadly stuff like that is important to me :(

Blank!

Few thoughts based on the last few posts:

1- Old Ben is good on offense, bad on defense. He's actually much worse in the post-Yoda environment, as Yoda is basically a hard counter to old ben. On Offense, the AI will usually not opt to use Yoda's resist move first so you can use your debuff.

2- Farming Old Ben isn't really worth it. He's actually better at low stars/level because you WANT him to die to buff up everyone else (which can sometimes happen on offense if you're lucky). His actual damage is pretty garbage regardless of stars. If you're just trying to unlock him then yeah, but he's not worth starring up. Debuff and let him die and buff the rest of your team.

3- Yoda isn't great on defense but he isn't awful. Speed teams like him with QGJ cause he's fast, and I've had him target the "right" character with his -meter attack which can cause a huge snowball effect in fights. FWIW, there's only like 1-2 defensive teams that are worth a damn anyway... if you're playing arena "defensively" and expect not to drop significantly in rank every time, well you might be on a low competitive shard... but for everyone else, not worth worrying about.

4- The data mined that the level cap increase is "in" but not active yet, probably means it's soon. Not really looking forward to it TBH.

Blank!

Random patch thoughts:

Droid fight (android only) seems okay I guess? No tier 3 mats but 2 shards for HK-47 (no 5*) so I guess that's good? Fights are easy though. I have a level 70 IG-86 and managed the tier 2 fight without leveling up the other 2 droids. Tier 7 training droids are incredibly pointless though. Credit crunch is real.

New Ashoka is pretty sweet. Good natural sustain choice for Galactic War, but I still prefer Sidious overall (so many jedi). Makes a nice addition though. I'll probably finish 6 and 7 starring her for the Yoda Challenge after I get Daka to 6*.

Dooku/Evasion fix has led me to a new team: Dooku (L), Daka, IG-86, Geo, Qui-Gon. I'm relying on the RNG to stay up in ranks and so far it's worked. I usually droid to 25+, this time, I only dropped to 14. Only one day of testing though, and the Daka 'fix' may make it less viable (also desperately need that 6th star on her).

Geo nerf isn't that bad. He's still incredibly solid but you're almost better off NOT going for the assist attack in round 1, he really needs that offense-up. They did break the Geo/Poggle assist attack in the process though... that kind of sucks.

Jaleel

What's the go-to site for datamining info?

SWGOH.GG is fantastic.

Arena Squad
(L) Dooku 7*
QGJ 7*
GS 7*
Daka 7*
RG 6*

All G8 or higher. Damage and control on offense. Defense is amazing since people see Dooku Daka and RG and say fuck that noise. Wake up always in top 6-8. Also with lvl 80 coming soon and new changes in future im currently farming the shit out of Boba Fett for his lvl 80 leader ability ( 50% crit damage and 10% crit ).

Moff

Also with lvl 80 coming soon

when will that be? I am dreading it, I am finally competitive with level 67 (because everyone is 70), but as soon as this update arrives the nightmare starts anew because most will simply immediately jump to 80 with all their stored training droids and money

when will that be? I am dreading it, I am finally competitive with level 67 (because everyone is 70), but as soon as this update arrives the nightmare starts anew because most will simply immediately jump to 80 with all their stored training droids and money
They said coming weeks, whatever that means. Other big news is defense will get redone to be meaningful, there will be a new stat called Fortitude that is essentially an extra layer of health that can't be healed in an effort to stop characters getting killed before they can take a turn, Advantage changing to 1 guaranteed critical hit, and general damage adjustments based on character speed.

All this can be found on the website, they're doing a weekly dev recap every Friday now.

Jaleel

What 77 said. Reddit Sub forum and official forum for all your news and meta changes. Cap will come towards end of April I believe. Not looking forward to it myself. Hopefully credits get adjusted.

Blank!

What 77 said. Reddit Sub forum and official forum for all your news and meta changes. Cap will come towards end of April I believe. Not looking forward to it myself. Hopefully credits get adjusted.

I'm not buying anything new. Started hording everything.

Debating if I should finish gearing Royal Guard (nearly 5 stars) and get Daka to 6 stars. I run a similar team to your arena team and it's been pretty great. I drop lower than you do, but don't have any issue finishing top 10 (top 3 finish last 3 days).

Don't think I'd field QGJ in that lineup though. Seems like a liability on defense.

New update today. Magmatrooper is now in GW shipments, and there's a new premium character Tusken Shaman, among other stuff.

Hyped to have the missing 5th element to my Empire team.

Iceman829

New update today. Magmatrooper is now in GW shipments, and there's a new premium character Tusken Shaman, among other stuff.

Hyped to have the missing 5th element to my Empire team.

I noticed that last night when I went to send some GW shards. I started buying them. I've been getting lazy with this game as there hasn't been much to do. I noticed everyone in my arena bracket either stopped playing or can't beat my team. There has been a standstill in the arena rankings. I put a few minutes into it last night and got back to 57th. I'm just hoarding supplies until the lvl 80 cap and I'll decide then if the game is still fun to me.

Stanng243

Is there any other place? Reddit is blocked at my work.

nubbe

I hate it when you reach sections like Light 4L and Dark 4G
the difficulty spike is insane and the time sink to get past don't help
This is usually a point where I lose interest in F2P games... and everything was progress so well

YLSYmxc.gif

Bread

Banned
i rushed through the last level of squad cantina and somehow 3 starred the final fight on my first try

pumped to be able to get more than 6 attempts at dooku shards per day!

So I just found out Resistance Pilot is really good. Did you know s/he's good? Cause RP is good.

Seriously though, I'm super loving RP ever since I put her in the team. Very strong damage, decent survivability thanks to her foresight ability and she seems to rarely miss, even against Dooku teams.

Using Dooku, Lumi, RP, QGJ and StHan, and comfortably stay in top 30 despite no GS and most my characters not being fully starred or geared

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
ooh level cap increase!

Blank!

Before 9pm EST hopefully.

and we're live.

Lots of nerfs, not a whole lot of buffs. QGJ/Geno soldier nerfed before they even went "live" with their level 80 abilities. Not surprising, but still a nerf. Gear nerf to make farming more annoying than it already is...

and oh yeah, the yoda event is back AGAIN.

I dunno, at this point I feel like jumping ship. Nothing new but more grinding to do, mean while I've got a 10K+ stockpile of GW/Arena tokens with 0 point in spending any of it... I've got a 7 star level 1 resistance pilot that will never see use.

Panzon

I love this game even though I've only been playing for the past couple of weeks but looks like I'm gonna miss the Yoda event again. The grinding for levels 5-7 is too much 😔

Blank!

this update has been a huge kick in the balls...

can't upgrade abilities past level 7 without a NEW ability mat that doesn't drop until you're level 80 anyway... and at a slow ass drip at that. (EDIT) forgot to mention, but I'd be incredibly pissed to be a whale right now and dropped $$$$ on all those Rex/Shaman packs thinking you have a nice stockpile of tier 3 ability mats and WHAM.

Level cap XP has been increased greatly per level taking even longer to farm up. Plan on taking 1-2 months to hit level 80.

New gear that isn't even available to farm puts artificial limits on how high some characters can gear up... oh, and farming that new gear sucks harder as there are more purple mats required for all (yay!).

But at least the Yoda Event is back!

Matticers

Yeah, this update sucks. Seems like everyone is pissed off. How can they be screwing the game up this much and making all of their customers angry? It's kind of amazing.

Can't believe they did a surprise Yoda event with no warning too. People like having time to prepare and level up certain jedi beforehand. If the upcoming gameplay update doesn't change the lame speed based meta, I think I'm done. It's just boring seeing the same handful of characters over and over again. Then you toss in a ridiculous gear grind on top of that and it's just not fun anymore.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
so the level cap increase was pointless because the equipment for level 70+ all require 50 of a certain salvage that you can't even get

Jaleel

Just change perspective. Longer leveling means credits wont be an issue. New Gold mats that you get at lvl 80 for completing dailies means no worries about stockpiling Purple mats. Also new fortitude mechanic and speed nerf/changes havent been implemented yet. Just relax and have some fun guys.

Oh, pretty much this patch dicked over whales who had all their mats rdy to insta gear 11 there toons and try to hit 80 asap. Its better for the overall player base who no doubt didnt have all that shit saved. Keeps the FTP vs Pay to Win more balanced from what I can see.

Moff

yeah I'm glad leveling is so slow
I finally reached 70 and it made a huge difference, I finally became competitive, much less resists and misses in pvp
so I was afraid the strong players would level to 80 instantly, but now this slowly it's a lot better for me

Stanng243

The Galactic war can be so unabalanced. I'm halfway through, and I ran into someone with a Genosian Soldier 9 levels higher at 7 stars who just uses Swarm to one-shot my best characters. It makes things not fun.

Blank!

Just change perspective. Longer leveling means credits wont be an issue. New Gold mats that you get at lvl 80 for completing dailies means no worries about stockpiling Purple mats. Also new fortitude mechanic and speed nerf/changes havent been implemented yet. Just relax and have some fun guys.

Oh, pretty much this patch dicked over whales who had all their mats rdy to insta gear 11 there toons and try to hit 80 asap. Its better for the overall player base who no doubt didnt have all that shit saved. Keeps the FTP vs Pay to Win more balanced from what I can see.

That's the thing though, it dicks over the FTP crowd more than the whales. FTP and whale alike were stockpiling shit, but it's ALL worthless. But guess who's going to hit 80 first and start getting rank 8 abilities first? Hint: it's not the FTP guys.

The main reason I'm not having fun is the whole patch is just bad news and non-content. You won't see shit until 72 at the earliest, and that's just the same challenges as always except level 72 finally. 74 gets new levels but that's 2 weeks away for FTP people? New gear to grind isn't fun. Bringing back the yoda event AGAIN isn't fun. It was a content update without any content in it. It's fairly bullshit.

Jaleel

That's the thing though, it dicks over the FTP crowd more than the whales. FTP and whale alike were stockpiling shit, but it's ALL worthless. But guess who's going to hit 80 first and start getting rank 8 abilities first? Hint: it's not the FTP guys.

The main reason I'm not having fun is the whole patch is just bad news and non-content. You won't see shit until 72 at the earliest, and that's just the same challenges as always except level 72 finally. 74 gets new levels but that's 2 weeks away for FTP people? New gear to grind isn't fun. Bringing back the yoda event AGAIN isn't fun. It was a content update without any content in it. It's fairly bullshit.

Game is what it is. Monday might have ships or guild wars. If youre not having fun, time to stop then. Just hit 71 today yay :p

Aselith

Game is what it is. Monday might have ships or guild wars. If youre not having fun, time to stop then. Just hit 71 today yay :p

Yep, being upset about the lack of content in an update means the game isn't fun and he should quit. That's 100% how that works.

I'm not all that worried about how long it takes to progress, I'm used to games like this taking forever. Still having fun building up my roster. I finished #8 today with a team that doesn't have anyone over 127 speed and features Plo Koon. Fighting all these Dooku led squads is rough, but beating them with a non standard team feels great.

Blank!

Jaleel

Guilds and raids are coming.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/24960/april-update-teaser-trailer

Of course, they pushed this further back to the end of the month but it's something. Sounds like the Rancor will be the first boss. (EDIT) and looks like that unfarmable gear will come from raids... great.

No worries for us, GAF guild ;) Glad somethings coming. Also hit 72 today and AGI Gear Challenge drops MK6(5 max) Syringes so thats pretty fucking dope.

Top Bottom