• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

Regardless of the Art Work above about Snoke, its nice that we still dont know a few things.

Where is Luke Skywalker? What happened in the years between this and ROTJ? How was Anakins Lightsaber recovered?

Who are the Knights of Ren? Who is Snoke?

I think there will be plenty of things that we wont know right up until release.

so is that a new Williams tune in the beginning or what

I'm sure somebody can source it down to a 1993 teaser from Jurassic Park or some shit, but curious

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
This is what i think about Rey and Kylo Ren:
Kylo and Rey are Jacen and Jaina Solo. The knights of REN (lead by Snoke) Destroy Luke's academy, and kidnap the twins. They keep Kylo but Rey is ditched somehow and grows up on Jakku. Maybe luke saves her as his last "mission"

B.K.

And with that I've gone back to thinking these new movies will be fucking terrible.

I don't know if they'll be terrible, but I'm definitely hoping Episodes VIII and IX are less of a retread of the Original Trilogy as Episode VII seems to be.

I don't know if they'll be terrible, but I'm definitely hoping Episodes VIII and IX are less of a retread of the Original Trilogy as Episode VII seems to be.
To be fair, Episodes VIII and IX won't have much left to retread if VII has anything to say about it. Not that that's a bad thing, remixing the familiar to make something new right off the bat seems like a smart move.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Check out FINN. He's handy with that saber more than we thought.

Were those rumors that he deflects blaster shots with it in this movie not credible?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Hope not. If he deflects blaster bolts with even less training than Luke had early on in ANH, my eyes will roll out of my head.

Luke was blind, though.

Forkball

The Snoke info is interesting. He is definitely one of the biggest mysteries of the new trilogy. The remnants of the Galactic Empire, consisting seemingly solely of humans at the highest ranks, is now led by some mysterious alien no one's ever heard of. I'm curious to know how he is a "damaged" character. Is it physical, like he's in some giant life support pod, or damaged emotionally from past events? What could that even be? We probably won't even find out that much about him after the first movie anyways. He will say some cryptic shit in his 20 seconds of screen time and then vanish for a year and a half.

His appearance is also strangely a mystery. I just hope he's not some Cloverfield/Super 8 monster.

RsHfMXA.jpg

super8alien.jpg

Rootbeer

Banned
From Launch Bay:

CTqUIQNUcAA6mEn.jpg

Since the exact nature of Kylo Ren's lightsaber is still a topic for analysis this helps confirm some more details about it.

The side blades, or quillons, are vented from the main middle blade. there are not 3 crystals, it's a single blade and for some reason (due to the hacked together design) it needs to exhaust some of the energy, thus the three blades.

More pics:

CTqeoy-UAAElMRZ.jpg

CTqeo1aUEAEVRXd.jpg

CTqeo1ZUEAAoEC5.jpg

CTqfTMqUYAEqhdL.jpg:large

CTqe3XRUcAAOty0.jpg:large

Kuros

For all McQuarrie fans this tumblr is excellent (and be prepared to lose a few hours)

There is lots of stuff they have used of his in TFA so i'm sure there will be even more stuff in there when we finally see the movie. Man was a genius.

http://recklessishe.tumblr.com/

His pictures in the 80's of the galatic capital world (then called Had Abbadon) were used pretty much dead on in the prequels when they brought Coruscant to life.

Kuros

Huh. Thanks for the info.

And I meant Outbound Flight, bleh. Was one of the more interesting plotlines in the EU IMO.

I quite like the idea of Palps reasoning for the Galatic Empire being the threat from outside the galaxy (and maybe this is what Snoke is going to be)

But the utter swing and a miss of that threat being the fucking Vong meant when Disney canned the whole EU i was cheering front and centre.

prag16

Banned
That was the point of Kenobi's training. Luke had to trust in the Force by feeling, not thinking (Qui-Gon quote).

Shut off your targeting computer, to destroy the Death Star, it's like poetry.

Right. It doesn't sound like Finn is going to receive training to make batting blaster bolts aside reasonable during this movie. That was my point. And it is why my eyes will roll out of my head if they have him doing that.

TAJ

You pulling my leg or do you seriously think it'll be reasonable to see Finn batting blaster bolts like a PRO in spisode 7??

That drone is about a million times harder to block than a blaster. You can always tell where a blaster is aimed. You could be in perfect position to block before the trigger is even pulled.

From Launch Bay:

CTqUIQNUcAA6mEn.jpg

Since the exact nature of Kylo Ren's lightsaber is still a topic for analysis this helps confirm some more details about it.

The side blades, or quillons, are vented from the main middle blade. there are not 3 crystals, it's a single blade and for some reason (due to the hacked together design) it needs to exhaust some of the energy, thus the three blades.

Fascinating. Glad to finally hear more about it.

Slashfilm confirmed the runtime was 135 minutes, obv close to the 136 minutes they got leaked earlier. JJ completed the edit on Nov 3rd, and they're spending the next few weeks polishing the visuals, sound effects, and one last scoring session with John Williams.

That slides just in-between Return of the Jedi's 134 and Phantom Menace's 136. We can hope they won't spend that time on Ewok commercials and boring political debates!

That was a little bit of an awkward moment LOL.

But they were looking for 2 females. I know they were test casting to see who has good energy John so perhaps a love interest for him it sounds like.

I also think there was a rumor that Hasbro was asking for a female Sith type female villain for VIII. Not sure if thats true or that a toy company can pressure such a thing.

sphagnum

Banned
"There are heroes on both sides" What the fuck does that even mean?

What's weird about that? There were good separatists who were genuinely fighting for freedom and democracy. The movies themselves didn't bother to really show it (and for some reason TCW barely explores it either outside of the Bonteris), but that was the point of the statement. It's supposed to get the point across that the war is more muddled and not clear cut good vs. evil.

I still hope that one day we get some canon stories about the good guy separatists. We got a small taste of that in Kanan with General Kleeve.

What's weird about that? There were good separatists who were genuinely fighting for freedom and democracy. The movies themselves didn't bother to really show it (and for some reason TCW barely explores it either outside of the Bonteris), but that was the point of the statement. It's supposed to get the point across that the war is more muddled and not clear cut good vs. evil.

I still hope that one day we get some canon stories about the good guy separatists. We got a small taste of that in Kanan with General Kleeve.

It's a stupid thing to put in the opening scroll. It's kind of an obvious thing like there are causalities on both sides. It doesn't tell us anything like the opening scrolls in the original trilogy that get to the point such as "Darth Vader is pursuing Luke Skywalker" or "the rebellion is trying to get the stolen plans to a safe place"

Top Bottom