• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: In Production [Rumors/SPOILERS for All Films Past, Present, & Future]

No way. It's one of the weirdest hangups of the Collider movie crew, too. I don't know why they think it's a possibility. They have decent insight when it comes to their speculation, and they should, considering their location and their history working within the industry, but then they sometimes latch onto something that just doesnt' make any sense, like the idea Lucasfilm OR Abrams is gonna put a post-credits sequence at the end of The Force Awakens.

The closest any of the movies has ever gotten to that was a snatch of Vader breathing on the soundtrack at the end of Anakin's theme. And even then, they never did it again for the other two Prequels. And Abrams has never done it AT ALL.

It seems to stem from the misconception that Disney would want it, because Disney owns Marvel, and it works for Marvel - even though that's not how Disney's relationship with Marvel OR Lucasfilm really works.

anyway, no, Maz Kanata doesn't die - you see her hand Leia the lightsaber. She only goes to see Leia after her temple gets blowed up.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
No way. It's one of the weirdest hangups of the Collider movie crew, too. I don't know why they think it's a possibility.
But let's say they did, it should go like this:
*cloaked figure enters dimly lit shop*
"Do you have any power converters?"
*shop owner laughs* "No one's bought a power converter in Tashi Station in over thirty years"
*hood lowers to reveal Luke*
"I know"
*cut to black*

JJ I hope you are reading.

FeD.nL

It's a shame that Hux appears to die this film. I would love to have a Tarkin-esque character that lives through the entire trilogy.

Tookay

What's weird about that? There were good separatists who were genuinely fighting for freedom and democracy. The movies themselves didn't bother to really show it (and for some reason TCW barely explores it either outside of the Bonteris), but that was the point of the statement. It's supposed to get the point across that the war is more muddled and not clear cut good vs. evil.

I still hope that one day we get some canon stories about the good guy separatists. We got a small taste of that in Kanan with General Kleeve.

You ask what's weird about that, before explaining precisely what was weird about that: none of the Separatists were portrayed as anything other than evil, greedy assholes, so it's kind of a weird for the scroll to say there are heroes on both sides if the film isn't going to back it up.

But let's say they did, it should go like this:
*cloaked figure enters dimly lit shop*
"Do you have any power converters?"
*shop owner laughs* "No one's bought a power converter in Tashi Station in over thirty years"
*hood lowers to reveal Luke*
"I know"
*cut to black*

JJ I hope you are reading.

Saturday Night Live better get Mark Hamill onboard for a guest host slot to make this scene happen.

You brilliant person, you.

Is anyone tempted to do something like that bit from The Simpsons when Homer and Marge are walking out of ESB and Homer goes 'Who'd have thought that Darth Vader was Luke Skywalker's father' in front of a TFA line?

I kind of want to.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens |SPOILERS| Who'd Have Thought That Darth Vader Was Luke Skywalker's Father

Also, I need Alicia Vikander to get cast in VIII or IX. I need my Ex Machina trifecta.

Metalmarc

image.jpg

"Hello, Constable Zuvio here"

From empire online exclusive

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/exclusive-first-look-brand-new-star-wars-character-constable-zuvio/

A few bits of merchandising aside, this is the first time we have clapped eyes on the character, who is described by LucasFilm as a “vigilant law officer on a mostly lawless world” who “keeps order in a frontier trading post”. He’s also apparently “tough and humorless”.

There are more secrets to be uncovered in our Force Awakens issue, due out on November 26.

Star Wars: THE FORCE AWAKENS - It's True. All of it.
And yeah, Hux dies in this movie. No Ex Machina trifecta.

Also no way is Snoke 25ft tall. It's so weird how QUICKLY one dude's interpretation of that detail became inviolate truth upon the retweets raining down.

Snoke sounds incredible. I hope we actually see him in VII. The interview with Serkis made it seem like we would, but it seems it could be taken any way.

If he's not big, though, then why the efforts to give the character scale and distance in his audio?

Rootbeer

Banned
I hope they kept the snakelike qualities to Snoke from the concept art and rumors. just the similarities between "snoke" and "snake" make me pretty confident that it's something they are keeping.

Snoke sounds incredible. I hope we actually see him in VII. The interview with Serkis made it seem like we would, but it seems it could be taken any way.

If he's not big, though, then why the efforts to give the character scale and distance in his audio?

There's Big and then there's 25 feet tall. That's Darth King Kong type shit.

It could be that those two are looking up at a giant hologram, or that he's standing on some sort of dais way above his followers, or he's sitting on some sort of throne, who knows. There's a multitude of possibilities. Not to say him being 25 feet isn't completely outside the realm of possibility (obviously it isn't, people immediately jumped to that conclusion, after all) but it seems so outlandish to me.

Well, it doesn't gel with the whole damaged and vulnerable descriptor, so there's that? I'm not sure how to take any of the snippets given about Snoke. He could be anything from a Yoda-sized thing sitting on a podium in the air to some kind of Smaug-thing. It's the one thing that gets to be a big surprise when the movie comes out, if they don't wait to show him in VIII.

Star Wars Spoilers |OT| Yes, she's Luke's daughter
Star Wars Spoilers |OT| Yes, she's Han/Leia's daughter

there, I made two OTs for whichever this turns out to be

Star Wars Spoilers |OT| Han left the Falcon for Rey to find her way back to him
Star Wars Spoilers |OT| Han & Leia thought their daughter was dead at the Jedi Academy, which caused the emotional friction between them
Star Wars Spoilers |OT| Rey is delighted when her father comes back to rescue her, and its more tragic when he's taken away from her once again by her evil brother Kylo Ren

I've always wonder how that works. Say Luke got it on with another force sensitive, would his off spring be more powerful with the force than Leia and Han's offspring since Han is not force sensitive?

I can see the OKC profile now.

"Looking for serious relationship with woman containing high midichlorian count"

Top Bottom