• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Zatoth

I'll take the first watch.

QuietSteps-AoD.jpg

Palmer_v1

So OA is done for. I have a bad feeling about that, but we'll see what happens. It seemed too easy. Either the hutts are disorganized or they didn't mind us lynching him because he's town, or is getting bussed.

Palmer_v1

My biggest worries are that TWE/Zubz aren't what they say, and/or either Czar or Traube are playing us.

If OA comes out at as Mafia, it might be worth going after Traube. That Barry death might have been used to cover for fellow Hutts when we were close to voting them.

Alternatively, I'm going to start policy lynching the inactive players.

So OA is done for. I have a bad feeling about that, but we'll see what happens. It seemed too easy. Either the hutts are disorganized or they didn't mind us lynching him because he's town, or is getting bussed.

Easy? Maybe for everyone else, but for me it feels like nothing but a target on my back...

CzarTim

I felt yesterday's vote was too easy too and that turned out okay, but who knows.

Keep in mind if OA is a Hutt only one other person knows this, so almost have to go along with it at that point.

Zatoth

I felt yesterday's vote was too easy too and that turned out okay, but who knows.

Keep in mind if OA is a Hutt only one other person knows this, so almost have to go along with it at that point.

How do you know there are only two hutts left?

Palmer_v1

Assuming 3 Hutts at start. I'm inclined to believe it was 4. If it was only 3, they seem doomed. Maybe losing our armorers was a good thing for town, since our blasters were far more likely to kill ourselves.

CzarTim

Assuming 3 Hutts at start. I'm inclined to believe it was 4. If it was only 3, they seem doomed. Maybe losing our armorers was a good thing for town, since our blasters were far more likely to kill ourselves.

first you were saying there were 2 main hutts, then 3, now 4? come on no way there were 6 hutts and johnny in a 23 player game. death is on the line had 27 players and 4 mafia.

CzarTim

I don't even think we were too powerful this game. 2 armourers, but each person could only get one item so potential of overlap plus johnny and thief.

Likely no doctor, a cop, 1 shot vig, and a motion detector. eh

Zatoth

My biggest worries are that TWE/Zubz aren't what they say, and/or either Czar or Traube are playing us.

If OA comes out at as Mafia, it might be worth going after Traube. That Barry death might have been used to cover for fellow Hutts when we were close to voting them.

Alternatively, I'm going to start policy lynching the inactive players.

You should go for redhood first. If he is another Hutt then you can detain me. Not because I am a hutt. But a giant fool who failed you big.

redhood56

Banned
You should go for redhood first. If he is another Hutt then you can detain me. Not because I am a hutt. But a giant fool who failed you big.
I would rather you not do that. The hutts are going to keep me alive and the only way I am biting the bullet is from detainment. You saved another rebel

I still say the hardest person we will have to get out is the second imperial agent. They are in this deep...

MattyG, if the only hutt aligned person left is the imperial agent, do they get to start killing at night?

MattyG

Banned
At the end of the day, OceanicAir, the Hutt Mob Leader, had a plurality of the votes and was detained.

Welcome!

You are a Hutt Mob Leader.

You are aligned with the Hutt Mob.

Mob-wide message and instructions: Your partners are REDACTED. Each night phase, one of the Mob-aligned players may kill one of the non-Mob-aligned players by PMing me with the command KILL: MattyG. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with other Mob-aligned players at the QuickTopic board found here.

Also, there are two Hutt Mob-aligned players who do not know your identities and cannot secretly converse with you, but will work towards your cause. You don't know their identities either, so be careful not to lynch them!

Player specific message and instructions: When the Empire approached you with this job, you were hesitant to accept… until you saw their offer. No one in their right mind would turn down that many credits. Now you and your team have infiltrated the Rebel ranks with one goal in mind: eliminate them from the inside out.

If investigated by an information gathering role, you will appear as a Rebel.

You win when Hutt Mob-aligned players are at least half of the remaining players.

Day 5 has ended. Please do not post in this thread until the beginning of day 6. Day 6 will begin at approximately 08:00 PM EDT on Saturday 20 June.

MattyG

Banned
A new day dawns...
Before the suns rise, a hail of blaster fire lights up the south side of the camp.

By the time the remaining survivors reach the scene of the firefight, it's too late.

Zubz and TheWorthyEdge, the Combat Buddies lay side by side, still clutching each other's hands in their attempts to ease the pain from the scorch marks covering their bodies.
Welcome!

You are a Combat Buddy

You are aligned with the Rebel Alliance.

You and TheWorthyEdge/Zubz have been combat buddies for as long as you can remember. Whether it be in an X-Wing or on the frontlines of Hoth, they’ve always had your back. This will be the ultimate test of your bond. TheWorthyEdge/Zubz is the only other being in the galaxy you can trust right now. The two of you will be able to talk in a separate, private channel from the rest of the game. However, you depend on each other so much that if TheWorthyEdge/Zubz is killed during a night phase, you will be killed as well.

You win when no remaining players are Hutt Mob-aligned.

Your private QuickTopic thread is here.

Day 6 officially begins...

t1435197600z1.png

CzarTim

RIP worthy and zubz. See you on the other side!

The thief is still at large. I personally feel like he is the last remaining Main Hutt. Which means:

Traube (ability confirmed, can’t be main hutt unless there were 6)
Ejawa (no activity night 2 when thief hit QB, can only be main hutt if there were 6)
Palmer (can’t be main hutt, cleared by setre and johnny)

This leaves:
Redhood56
CzarTim
Zippedpinhead
AbsolutBro
Matt Attack
Raindoc
YesNOnoNOYes

Palmer_v1

RIP worthy and zubz. See you on the other side!

The thief is still at large. I personally feel like he is the last remaining Main Hutt. Which means:

Traube (ability confirmed, can’t be main hutt unless there were 6)
Ejawa (no activity night 2 when thief hit QB, can only be main hutt if there were 6)
Palmer (can’t be main hutt, cleared by setre and johnny)

This leaves:
Redhood56
CzarTim
Zippedpinhead
AbsolutBro
Matt Attack
Raindoc
YesNOnoNOYes

Extremely unlikely to be YesNo. My vote is Redhood or Matt Attack.

Extremely unlikely to be YesNo. My vote is Redhood or Matt Attack.

If you were to vote for me, what would be your reasoning? Because I'm having difficulty thinking of a good reason why I would be at the top of anybody's list of suspects.

I agree with this. Rymuth wouldn't have left if he was a thief, so I think yesno is an ordinary rebel. And it's not me either so...

What would be your reasoning for voting me? Is it just because I was the other suspect Palmer called out, or do you have your own suspicions against me?

I'd be happy to explain any of my actions thus far if anybody's got any questions, because I really don't want you guys to detain a rebel. We've got some strong momentum right now, let's not mess that up with a mislynch.

redhood56

Banned
If you were to vote for me, what would be your reasoning? Because I'm having difficulty thinking of a good reason why I would be at the top of anybody's list of suspects.

What would be your reasoning for voting me? Is it just because I was the other suspect Palmer called out, or do you have your own suspicions against me?

I'd be happy to explain any of my actions thus far if anybody's got any questions, because I really don't want you guys to detain a rebel. We've got some strong momentum right now, let's not mess that up with a mislynch.
I have nothing against you. I was saying that it isn't me so the only other person mentioned is you. You had my back a lot of times too so i like you. I'm more suspicious of zipped than anyone else. Mainly because he was fine with being killed even though he claimed town. Why would a town want to hurt the town?

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
That's one way of retaliating for us getting 2 hutts in a row. :(

I'm a bit suspicious of zipped right now. He was trying to get a vote going away from Oceanic, then switched to Oceanic when it was almost majority. When he saw Palmer unvoted, he backed out too, only to change again, shortly before we got majority again. It felt like puting a little effort to try and save Oceanic, but knowing it was probably a lost cause. I'd be very suspicious of Traub too, if it wasn't for the role confirm. First saving Makai, then insisting on leaving Oceanic be.

While I personally think that czartim's assessment is spot on for the last hutt alive, we need to think that any non-power left could be the last imperial agent.

I'm still an ordinary rebel, and I'm sorry that my voting to close out oceanic, and then back off so czartim could post his theory (even if it was against me), and then vote again after it everything was said and done could be considered suspect.

I have no list anymore. I trust Palmer and traube, only because I don't think we have 6 hutt aligned players. I'll back any vote against eJawa and Matt attack. Czartim is probably closest to "trustworthy" as I can throw any of the rest of you. I do not trust absolutbro or redhood, but I can't see any reason to vote for them over the other two.

That leaves raindoc and yesNOnoNOyes. Raindoc, from what I can tell, matters, but not as a hutt or imperial. YesNOnoNOyes has the benefit of knowing that someone else gave up that job before he got it. Worked out really well for MattyG last game, could be the last imperial agent this time.

I have nothing against you. I was saying that it isn't me so the only other person mentioned is you. You had my back a lot of times too so i like you. I'm more suspicious of zipped than anyone else. Mainly because he was fine with being killed even though he claimed town. Why would a town want to hurt the town?

Town hurt town? We murdered our own force sensitive and one of our armourers. My death, as an ordinary rebel, would have hurt considerably less than those two...

CzarTim

Only traube could not be the IA.

Not a priority imo. Possibility of no nks if only IA remain. One or two shields awol if not. Also possibility of last Hutt accidently killing the IA or us accidently getting him in the search for the thief.

redhood56

Banned
Town hurt town? We murdered our own force sensitive and one of our armourers. My death, as an ordinary rebel, would have hurt considerably less than those two...
Which is exactly why we need as many Rebels alive at all times. We lost 2 very important roles and while I understand your fear of detaining a rebel power role, It still rubs me the wrong way.

Which is exactly why we need as many Rebels alive at all times. We lost 2 very important roles and while I understand your fear of detaining a rebel power role, It still rubs me the wrong way.

I can understand it rubbing you the wrong way, but both those days I said I was a viable kill that wouldn't hurt the town, and instead we had two massive implosions. At this point, yes, we need every rebel we have left, but if I could go back and switch myself for blarg or exmachina I would.

Especially blarg, I have a feeling that he would have been really entertaining to watch.

Now walk me through the reasoning why we think there is a thief. The proof is that Quantumbro lost his shield the night he revealed himself? That is pretty legit, and since no one else has come forward with a gun (because it doesn't make sense for any of us to come forward with a shield) I think that he passed a shield to either Zubz or worthy. A correlation to that is this, maybe he did pass a non shield item, my money is that quantum passed a weapon to a hutt..

Aaaaaaahhh Combat Buddies are gone ;____; See you on the flip side, TWE/Zubz!!!

o7

Well, as for me, I only joined on Day 4, and the theft happened on Night 2 and I think Rymuth maybe would have played a bit more if he had gotten an interesting role. I'm saying I'm just an Ordinary Rebel :< But I'm an active player !! And I dont mind non-power role, since I'm just learning the game :>

OK, on towards my thoughts!!

eJawa, you posted this on Day 3:

Son of a hutt! It's probably my turn right? Well, I'm not role claiming! Enough people role claimed today, the hutts don't need to know all of us, even if I know at least one of you are lying.

So far you have flown under the radar, but its Day 6 now.... and I think now it's time for you to role claim :D....

I'm not quite convinced that town still has any additional power roles, to be honest. We have traube still (with his override abiliy) - yay, he's still with us! - and Palmer the Bothan Spy, so if there's another power role, it seems a bit lopsided. But I'm all ears!

Palmer and Czar seems to have had some theories to test against eJawa previously and I went back to reread the thread and I saw these posts:

So you're all going to think I'm insane, but I need us to Detain eJawa to prove a theory I have that might point to several more Hutts.

For Oceanic Air, I think we're okay leaving him alone temporarily. I don't think he's a hutt power role. At worst, he's a Paranoid Hutt and just changed his flavor text quickly to avoid detainment yesterday. At best, he's town-aligned and was bluffing.

Detain: eJawa

I was going to come in today with an ejawa push but then all the mak / oa stuff happened. But I think we need to do OA today to test this.

I also think there are still 2 main Hutts left and 1 imperial undercover.

Palmer, Czar, now that we've reached this point in the game, do you think your previous theories about eJawa have gotten more data? Can either of you explain more of these theories regarding the push for eJawa before Makai and OA?

eJawa

I have no list anymore. I trust Palmer and traube, only because I don't think we have 6 hutt aligned players. I'll back any vote against eJawa and Matt attack. Czartim is probably closest to "trustworthy" as I can throw any of the rest of you. I do not trust absolutbro or redhood, but I can't see any reason to vote for them over the other two.

Why me? I can't be a main hutt, which leaves IA. If I was IA I've been doing a poor job of that by going after people as suspicious as Makai and Oceanic. IA would have to be careful and try to convince others to vote for unconventional targets. Kinda like you are trying. ;)

CzarTim

For YesNo:
Also speaking of day one, I think there is a good possibility the IAs did not have a forum to communicate in given swamp's role PM not mentioning one whereas Mak's did. In that case I think there is a good chance the IAs voted together that day. Can't say 100% for sure, of course, but without a way to coordinate and voting their only power, I think there's a chance.

Here are the 3 people alive who voted for ex along with swamped:

Redhood56
TheWorthyEdge
ejawa

Worthy can't be the IA, but we should def. consider the other two.
ejawa: I think you might be the IA, not a main hutt. If the other IA dies before you, you are confirmed town via Setre imo as I think the other 2 or 3 (prob 2) main hutts have night actions. Therefore your voting Mak is irrelevant.

Now that we have gotten 2 main hutts I feel pretty confident about ejawa not being a main Hutt.

eJawa

So far you have flown under the radar, but its Day 6 now.... and I think now it's time for you to role claim :D....

Nah. I'd role claim if thought doing so would provide info to anyone but the hutts, which it doesn't.

Palmer, Czar, now that we've reached this point in the game, do you think your previous theories about eJawa have gotten more data? Can either of you explain more of these theories regarding the push for eJawa before Makai and OA?

I'm curious about this too. I thought it was odd Palmer was going after me, rather than someone who was caught in a probable lie.

Nah. I'd role claim if thought doing so would provide info to anyone but the hutts, which it doesn't.

I'm curious about this too. I thought it was odd Palmer was going after me, rather than someone who was caught in a probable lie.

Okies. So you're saying that we still has unclaimed power role! That's quite surprising... Given that we've got... 1 Former Senator, 2 Armourers, 1 force sensitive cop, 1 tracker, 1 rebel with a blaster, a bothan spy, and a pair of combat buddies. That's already... 9. With you, it would be 10!

Mull on this I shall.

Czar, oh? I don't quite understand why after we got 2 main hutts, it would mean ejawa isn't likely to be one? .___.

Top Bottom