• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Mafia |OT| A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

As for "pounding" the boards, Ive suggested I think once, maybe twice, that we should look into you and Matt Attack. You two have seemed to be slipping past most peoples' attentions as we focus on other players. That's something we cant really afford to do; look past players.

You will note I didn't vote for you just posted a theory. Frankly most of what I posted can also apply to czartim (except multiplied by almost four because he has posted 350+ times in this thread).

At this point, i think that Matt Attack's constant harping on me is weird, but I can say anything about it without sounding "he said, she said".

Frankly, I really only trust one character left in the game and that traube. Palmer being neutral prevents him from being on that list.

Palmer_v1

I was about to suggest him or OA based on this:

7GlIMiS.png

As I've stated in the past, it would absolutely be a mistake to detain me. I am a rebel, and although that can't be definitively proved until either I'm gone or we've won, I would hope that you all would understand that, even though I'm not always right, everything I've done has been in an attempt to help the rebels.

Furthermore, I maintain that detaining somebody for inactivity is, outside of the most extreme cases, not a valid reason for detainment- especially when I don't think it's fair to call me inactive any longer. Due to my trip overseas, my ability to post was severely impacted for the first couple of days. That helped to create a gap between my post count and those of other players. Since then, I've made a real effort to catch up. As such, while my post count is lower than almost all remaining players, I don't think that's entirely representative of my activity at this stage of the game. I am honestly sorry that I have not posted as much as most of you, but if you can't see that I am trying to post more frequently, I don't know what to tell you.

At this point, i think that Matt Attack's constant harping on me is weird, but I can say anything about it without sounding "he said, she said".

Constant harping seems like a bit of an exaggeration, but I won't deny that I've voted for you multiple times now. I've found you a little suspicious, although as I've admitted in the past, it's mostly a gut feeling thing. Still, I'd like you to take note of the following: I never vote for you unless I feel like I've got not recourse. I'm always looking for a candidate I feel more solidly about, but when that doesn't happen, my choices are essentially "vote for a no detain" or "vote for somebody you find somewhat suspicious". I think you'll understand why I choose the latter. Ultimately, I'm not convinced you're a Hutt- but I do think it's a possibility, and holding my tongue will do nothing to help us win.

On exmachina-

Yes, I was part of the group that quickly piled on him. I don't deny that fact, but I stand by my choices at that time. Obviously he ended up being a rebel, but considering the circumstances of that day, I maintain that it made sense to vote him out. My vote ended up going to Zipped, as they seemed suspicious for more than a single slip-up post, but I don't blame anyone for voting to detain him- and I certainly don't blame myself. It made sense.

Oh, and while it's true that I don't blame anybody for piling on exmachina, that doesn't mean I'm saying that there can't be a Hutt hiding among the group. I'm merely saying that I can understand why a rebel would have voted for him.

Zatoth

As soon as exmachina64 became an easy target, the following people piled on:

Blargonaut
Raindoc
Zippedinhead
Matt Attack
TheWorthyEdge
eJawa

There's likely a Mafia in this pile. I'm keeping my vote on TheWorthyEdge, and trusting my initial instinct about exmachina64.

Oh, and while it's true that I don't blame anybody for piling on exmachina, that doesn't mean I'm saying that there can't be a Hutt hiding among the group. I'm merely saying that I can understand why a rebel would have voted for him.

Would be a big surprise if there was not a single Hutt among them. Probably even more than one. And Raindoc left the bandwagon before the day ended.

CzarTim

I am starting to think zipp is a hutt. He came in earlier and said:

If he tells us that everything switches then it Means that some one posted that Palmer was the target night 2 early... before anyone but the mafia would have known who the real target that night was

Then doesn't quote the post?

He claims to have a theory on who the two remaining Hutts are, but only posted the theory after multiple requests to do so. Does this sound like behaviour of an Ordinary Rebel? His only power is to vote, but generating discussion helps town and all game zipp has been super cagey and almost only posts opinions when specifically asked or when people say they are suspicious of him.

I am voting for OA today because my opinion of a good number of people rests on his flip. It's also our last chance to vote based on some kind of evidence. But tomorrow I'll be looking at zipp for sure.

traube - I am aware I am a candidate for IA, but honestly I'm not. Feel free to detain me first thing when we go IA hunting. There is a chance there won't be a nk when the last main hutt dies which significantly increases our chances of winning, so main hutts are a priority imo.

Zatoth

traube - I am aware I am a candidate for IA, but honestly I'm not. Feel free to detain me first thing when we go IA hunting. There is a chance there won't be a nk when the last main hutt dies which significantly increases our chances of winning, so main hutts are a priority imo.

I really think you are the second Agent. But as an Agent your detainment can wait. It is more important to get the Hutt players.

CzarTim

I really think you are the second Agent. But as an Agent your detainment can wait. It is more important to get the Hutt players.

Is it just the swamped thing or something else? If OA flips hutt you can detain me right away if you want because we'll have the mislynches to spare. I really am an OR though.

Zatoth

Where is this even coming from? She has posted a couple of times each page. Certainly more than others. LoC said she was voted for randomly, but traube started the vote and has said no such thing. It's super weird to me that swamped is even in the running right now. The votes on her feel pointless.

Of course we are throwing shit at the wall, I'm under no delusion that we'll probably be wrong today. My point is that Zipp misrepresented Swamped by saying "she hasn't posted in a few days" when her last post was less than 12 hours before his. My point is that you claimed the vote on her was random, when traube (who first voted her) made no such claim. I'd like to hear why he chose her. And finally I feel like since that initial vote we've had several better candidates pop up.

So since your vote is still on Swamped, let me ask: What do you think we will gain from detaining her if the vote really is random?

LoC, to be clear, I'm not 100% clearing swamped. I just think we have better choices right now, especially if she was (as you claim) a random vote.

I was thinking this until this post:

I should also confirm on my end that i am not 'in cahoots' with CzarTim.

-----------------------

Is it just the swamped thing or something else? If OA flips hutt you can detain me right away if you want because we'll have the mislynches to spare. I really am an OR though.

Those posts caught my attention. (I am still not finished with rereading day 1 btw.)

I think you were also the first poster to refer to swamped as "her". Which may be nothing but still.

Three posts to defend her and than the post of swamped.

CzarTim

She had already posted her gender in the thread, I'm not sure why that's evidence. But yeah, I've said this 100 times, I don't blame anyone for thinking I'm the IA for that. But I'm not.

Zatoth

She had already posted her gender in the thread, I'm not sure why that's evidence. But yeah, I've said this 100 times, I don't blame anyone for thinking I'm the IA for that. But I'm not.

Like I said. "It may be nothing".

Raindoc, Zippedinhead, Matt Attack, eJawa. I think one of those 4 should go today. Not so sure about OA anymore. Which may sound crazy, coming from me. :D

CzarTim

If we don't detain OA today, and we detain a rebel, would you vote for him tomorrow? If tomorrow we don't detain OA, and we detain a rebel, would you vote for OA the next day? Because we currently have 3 mislynches and any vote other than OA is a shot in the dark. I feel like OA gives us the most information regardless of his flip, and if we skip him it will be a cloud of distraction looming over us for the next two days. I feel like the remaining Hutts will say "we can always detain OA" rather than actually scum hunt, which is what we're going to have to do if we want to win at this point.

I am starting to think zipp is a hutt. He came in earlier and said:

Then doesn't quote the post?

He claims to have a theory on who the two remaining Hutts are, but only posted the theory after multiple requests to do so. Does this sound like behaviour of an Ordinary Rebel? His only power is to vote, but generating discussion helps town and all game zipp has been super cagey and almost only posts opinions when specifically asked or when people say they are suspicious of him.

I am voting for OA today because my opinion of a good number of people rests on his flip. It's also our last chance to vote based on some kind of evidence. But tomorrow I'll be looking at zipp for sure.

Yeah I posted that when I was trying to bait you out on where the johnnyquicknives swapper job wasn't confirmed. Originally I was going to post you and absolutbro, you didn't buy it so I only went with my secondary. I might flip to oceanicair, but not based on your posting.

Zatoth

I think it is possible that OA is telling the truth. I doubt the thief would have target OA last night. Someone was probably going to watch him. So the thief may have actually gone after Johnny.

And if I am right about you being the second Agent. I can't trust anything you say anymore. Because you would try to save the Hutt players. :D

I do think it's possible that Makai is trying to buy time, but a bigger part of me is worried he is telling the truth.

vote: OceanicAir

I'm going with this for now. I think his last minute claim to have a shield, then loss of said shield is too convenient. I'm inclined to believe Johnny's story as well, which would mean we would most likely end up voting for Oceanic tomorrow anyways.

Vote: eJawa

May have been an ill attempt to save Makai.

Zatoth

Some day 1 posts of eJawa

Vote: Blargonaut

I have no idea if he is Hutt or not, but I belive he is going to de-rail discussion either way. Either way, it will slightly narrow down our next choice and hopefully we get some usefull info in day 2.

Blarg was an easy target with his crazy postings.

I still stand by my vote, but will unvote if it will help prevent a tie, even if it means sacrificing Worthy, who I don't quite belive to be hutt. I won't be around when the time runs out, so I will make sure to keep an close on the thread until I have to leave and unvote if I think it is needed.

With exmachina in the lead I am keeping my vote as is and won't be able to post again until after time runs out. Hopefully nothing else major happens before the day ends

So was exmachina.

CzarTim

There's no way in hell I'd be working this hard to find Hutts if I was the IA. I would have known that my detainment was inevitable because of defending swamped so the only way I would be able to win is to let the main hutts do their thing. I wouldn't have called Mak out on his b.s. yesterday, I would have let it slide.

Honestly if you're so sure I'm the IA just vote me out today so I don't waste my time with this game anymore. I'm one of the few members of town who is contributing in a meaningful way, so if we are just ignoring everything I say, let me go hang out in the dead thread. At least when you see my flip you'll know I was sincere.

CzarTim

ejawa was cleared by Setre night 2. Do you think there are 3 hutts in this game without night actions or do you think a hutt chose not to act on night 2?

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter
[highlights]Vote: eJawa[/highlights]

May have been an ill attempt to save Makai.

Ill attempt indeed since I'd been vocal about my suspicion of him since day 3. I was even voting for him day 3 until that day's craziness happened. Day 4, OA seemed the better choice at first, but Makai's "defense" didn't do him any favors and swayed me to vote for him instead. Considering Setre cleared me, I would either have to be a hutt, who did nothing night 2 (due to no power or by choice as Czar pointed out) or the IA, in which case I would have as much info as the rebels on who the hutts are.

Some day 1 posts of eJawa

Blarg was an easy target with his crazy postings.

So was exmachina.

Yeah, they were easy targets. I believed we needed to lynch someone and at the time, they seemed like the better options. It was Day 1, so yes, the chances of them being hutt were low, but that wasn't the point of the vote. We needed as much info for day 2 as possible and if we didn't lynch anyone, it would make things harder for day 2. Of course that method is a double edge sword, since it can come back to bite you later in the game.

So we are back with everyone being a rebel,

Everyone wants to vote for eJawa, Matt attack, myself and oceanicair.

Makes me wonder about raindoc, where is he in all this? Also the combat buddies, the worthyedge and Zubz, what do you think about all this? Zubz you were all about me posting my reasons and then not a response.

Czartim, your posting to get out makai is a much better defense than absolutbro's vote for makai. However, your 300 something posts leave a lot of posts that could be a mafia tactic. Flood the conversation and make it appear you are all over this from a town perspective. When we get to this point we all start looking more critically at everyone else.

I've already posted that the only person I am pretty sure about is traube and myself. I willing to work with all of you though. We all have to find the Imperial Agent, and that will get ugly

VOTE: OceanicAir

OA is suspicious, and his defense has been sorely lacking. I'm pretty sure we're going to detain him at some point, and considering how suspicious he already is, I can't see why we wouldn't do so now. Furthermore, once the Hutts have killed their next target tonight (unless a miracle happens and we're all spared), we'll have at least one less person to mislynch tomorrow- and knowing the victim's alignment could shed light on the remaining players.

As for CzarTim- I can get why a Hutt player might want to post so frequently and appear to be on our side, but he's just been so pro-town that it feels weird even thinking of him as an enemy. I'm definitely not convinced to detain him at this point (and it would take some very incriminating evidence for me to want to detain him over a few other players).

raindoc

Would be a big surprise if there was not a single Hutt among them. Probably even more than one. And Raindoc left the bandwagon before the day ended.

Like I said. "It may be nothing".

Raindoc, Zippedinhead, Matt Attack, eJawa. I think one of those 4 should go today. Not so sure about OA anymore. Which may sound crazy, coming from me. :D
context man, context. i had very good reasons to vote for him and to unvote him. not going to repeat myself.

Ya. So, I'm leaning towards OA for now, but I'd like to know more from OA.

Or, if there's a way that we can use his Paranoid Rebel role to town's advantage, I'm also very open to have this discussion.

But for now I will wait for OA to give me more info.

So, putting that discussion aside for the moment, I'd like to ask traube if his ability has resetted? If it has, then basically he can override our votes again for the end of today?

I'm hoping we hear more from OA soon, too.

Sorry about my inactivity, been fairly busy these days.

But I really don't know what you want me to say that is any different from what I said before. My role as stated before was essentially a ordinary rebel with a shield. I don't hear anything at night or anything. However, my people of interest are ejawa and zipped as they seem to really be wanting to fasttrack my lynch. Also, I am becoming more concerned about some of the highest volume posters e.g. czar/(traube especially with his power) the longer they stay alive along with some of the people that having been coasting fairly unnoticed e.g. raindoc (why the heck has he been avoiding this game he's been active elsewhere!) and absolut as they haven't actually been under hardly any scrutiny. Yesno...Yes, don't have much of a read as it is only a single day off of another player who barely posted. The combat buddies seem very believable as it would be a fairly bold gambit to relate themselves together as mafia. Redhood and Matt Attack are also not exactly on my radar as mafia right now, just a more of gut feeling.

eJawa

would probably like a hook in his jaw for that matter

But I really don't know what you want me to say that is any different from what I said before. My role as stated before was essentially a ordinary rebel with a shield. I don't hear anything at night or anything. However, my people of interest are ejawa and zipped as they seem to really be wanting to fasttrack my lynch. Also, I am becoming more concerned about some of the highest volume posters e.g. czar/(traube especially with his power) the longer they stay alive along with some of the people that having been coasting fairly unnoticed e.g. raindoc (why the heck has he been avoiding this game he's been active elsewhere!) and absolut as they haven't actually been under hardly any scrutiny. Yesno...Yes, don't have much of a read as it is only a single day off of another player who barely posted. The combat buddies seem very believable as it would be a fairly bold gambit to relate themselves together as mafia. Redhood and Matt Attack are also not exactly on my radar as mafia right now, just a more of gut feeling.

Other than entering my vote for you, I don't think I've done anything to try an of to fastrack your vote. I'm all for discussing it and rushing a vote could hurt us, even if you are hutt. No one has given a good reason to explain why the thief would target Johnny. I admit there is a chance they got lucky and chose him, which then put you in a bad spot, but that seems less likely then you just falsely claiming to have a shield.

Yay, you're back!

I'm also not one to rush a vote, that's why I insisted on holding my vote back until I heard more from you, Oceanic.

You guys posted during my night hours (sleep tiem) and I'm now at work, but I will read back now and post more once I finish catching up :)

OK! So I have caught up!

Traube: I see what you mean by CzarTim's suspicious behaviour, but I think he has been earnestly trying to drum up some discussions in the thread. Specially lately when all others have been very quiet. So I would need stronger theory if I am to believe that Czar is working against us.

Interesting image on the post count ! Czar does have the highest post count (346), ahead of Palmer (290) and the rest of us....

Blarg probably would have highest post counts if he had been alive XD

Also, since we are assuming your ability has recharged, please continue to discuss your thoughts in the thread as you form your decision? If you are to have the final say (override command) of the day's outcome, at least give us as many chances as you can to consult with you on your decision.

OceanicAir: I'm glad you have returned and posted again! I thought you were resigned to your fate and had abandoned ship.

I agree with you that there have been a number of players who have flown under the radar, such as mentioned in your post. I will need to do further analysis on post-count-based theory. Since Zipped brought it up yesterday, plus Traube's posts above, I've mulled over this angle. Particularly, since it is fairly 'easier' for a Hutt to play the game out with low-profile, i.e. the less post, the less conflicting evidence, the less chances of discovery. But to cover this I would need to look into the statistics first.

It is too bad that you can't give out more information about your role :( At this stage, claiming that you are simple an Ordinary Rebel with a Shield is not very convincing. Can you add anything at all with regards to the potential 'Paranoid' aspect of your role?

I'd like us to cover all of these details before I make up my mind about my vote.

OK now i will see if I can put something together with regards to post-count-based analysis. Will post again if I find anything interesting to discuss!

Just got back from Fury Road, and it's nearing midnight, and post-count analysis was neglected cuz didnt have any time to look into it properly between work and Valhalla, so I will try to analyse when I have the chance, but for now, just in case I fall asleep...

vote: Oceanic Air

Wish I have more information from OA with regards to his role, be it more explanation on the Paranoid Rebel aspect or anything further on the hutt-convenient theft of a shield. But since johnny had won the game and therefore I'm treating his information as legit, I have to say OA's side of the story lacks strength for me. So, there goes my vote.

Zatoth

One interesting thing about it is that mostly "confirmed" Non-Hutts went after OA on day 3 with their votes.

I am still not persuaded to vote against him today, though.

I see the capitalised Barry in red with the sad face, traube :x

....and waaaawww *____* colours~ *_____*

woh, Makai would have gotten detained if not for your override?! >:O

... and dat Makai's self vote :O???

gosh day 3 was sure a crazy day :D
what happened to y'all on day 4 o___o

also, thanks for putting this together. i think i will have to squint at it a bit more to make sense about the voting patterns o7 will do now o7

Zatoth

Now we have another person for a gun, Makai.

I'm still not sure if we can switch our gun vote or not, but I've been thinking about this Exercise.

I think I like what quantum_bro is doing. It's getting me some ideas on who to vote for.

Ok I take a break after the duel, and I see that everything has gone crazy.

So now we have a traditional cop, the second armourer, and the two combat buddies as viable kills for the hutt's tonight. In addition, we have the second imperial spy just role claiming (after a very entertaining but insane event).

I'm sticking by my gun vote (though I will not be convinced until either quantum is dead or someone announces that they get the gun tomorrow)

If setre is a cop, I'm not going to vote for him, the hutt's will confirm his role (I don't want a cop death on rebel hands), blarg is a convenient vote, especially if he is the second imperial. I'm still debating,

Look who wanted to hand a gun to Makai.

Palmer_v1

Day 4 was fairly cut and dry once Johnny came out. I know 've been slow today due to work. I'm only getting a few minutes here and there which isn't enough to really look into anyone's post history. Just going to vote with my guy later on.

redhood56

Banned
Very interesting. Right before the madness of the last hour of day 3 zipped said that we were both ordinary rebels. Now why would anyone trust me? I am a pretty suspicious guy, but what if zipped is mafia and they are trying to protect who is mainly suspected of being the undercover imperial?

Ooooh okay. Makes better sense now :D Thanks.

Im noticing that AbsolutBro held on Makai and didnt change. I think I will put him in my Almost Definite townie list.

... and OA's votes were against Setre (our RIP tracker ;___;) and for a "No Vote".... this is really not a good pattern to have, in my opinion. Not so much the Setre vote, cuz there was some severe lack of clarity on Setre's part.... but particularly the "No Vote" stance as a final vote for the day. For me, this is bolstering my current vote against OA for now.

I will continue to look into this excel, traube :D Such good data to look at. I like all the colours too. Very nice.

Defends Makai. Not much but he also wanted to hand him a blaster on day 2.

Thank you for this. I went through both Zipped and Matt Attack's posts, and while Matt Attack comes out fairly clean (I don't think anyone would come out completely clean at this point), Zipped really didn't. I didn't want to come off as gunning for Zipped after he posted about me; didn't want to seem like I was retaliating or anything.

Zatoth

Thank you for this. I went through both Zipped and Matt Attack's posts, and while Matt Attack comes out fairly clean (I don't think anyone would come out completely clean at this point), Zipped really didn't. I didn't want to come off as gunning for Zipped after he posted about me; didn't want to seem like I was retaliating or anything.

There was also the post where he claimed to be a "regular rebel".

Palmer_v1

Can someone post a list of our current role claims if they have time? Or is it literally just me, OA as a Paranoid Rebel, traube as a senator, and everyone else is ordinary rebels?

Zatoth

Can someone post a list of our current role claims if they have time? Or is it literally just me, OA as a Paranoid Rebel, traube as a senator, and everyone else is ordinary rebels?

There are also some Ordinary Rebels out there. But I don't think we have more power roles in the open.

As far as I know, that's what's been claimed, yep.

OA - Paranoid Rebel
Traube - Former Senator

.. and I donno what to call you. A Neutral with a Client or something.

:x

Zipped sure looks pretty suspicious now that Traube has highlighted his previous posts. Mmm.... and im falling asleep. halp.

x___x

Zatoth

I wouldn't read into that too much. Remember that we're likely still hiding a power role or two, along with some passive ones.

Yeah. That's why I did not pick him out when I read his role claim the first time. But him defending/helping Makai, I am not so sure about his alignment.

Palmer_v1

For simplicities sake, and since I don't think it matters much anymore, my role name is Bothan Spy. Yes, I realize that my role is literally BS. Deal with it.

Deeply paraphrased fluff is that I've been sent in to protect and extract someone with valuable information for the Bothan Spynet. I'm still withhlding name and and role until I feel like I need to protect them.

For simplicities sake, and since I don't think it matters much anymore, my role name is Bothan Spy. Yes, I realize that my role is literally BS. Deal with it.

Deeply paraphrased fluff is that I've been sent in to protect and extract someone with valuable information for the Bothan Spynet. I'm still withhlding name and and role until I feel like I need to protect them.

:>

Sorry but that's too adorable... XD I hope not too many Bothan Spies have died for this information.

lol bothan spynet

Top Bottom