• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Zombine

Banned
Good shit guys. Thank you for the heads up on Phasma. I have to go pick up Maul from the post office today. Really excited.

Boke1879

I got the order in on Phasma from ami. It says "not in stock" when I check my order though. I assume that's because it's just a preorder correct?

Hagi

Figinstock saved my life again! Phasma will be here sometime in February. Han Solo next please bandai, you've been sitting on that prototype for far too long.

Good shit guys. Thank you for the heads up on Phasma. I have to go pick up Maul from the post office today. Really excited.

heh I have to pay customs for Maul today so I can get him delivered tomorrow from the pics I've seen though, totally worth it.

Boke1879

Does anyone know about how long it'll take before they charge on Ami?

Now I'm just looking forward to Black Series releases

Hagi

Does anyone know about how long it'll take before they charge on Ami?

Now I'm just looking forward to Black Series releases

some time in February, they don't charge you till it's ready to ship which is when you'll get an email telling you the price including shipping.

Boke1879

some time in February, they don't charge you till it's ready to ship which is when you'll get an email telling you the price including shipping.

Ahh thank you. That makes sense then and it's the best option lol. Were you able to order yours? This figure looks so damn good

Don't think this has been posted.

813ed096389f9eed3ab4408b18006125.jpg

02f787f5c39e8de12e30fc450e8ad0e8.jpg

Most impressive.

Boke1879

Don't think this has been posted.

Most impressive.

That looks so damn good. Seriously. The merch around this movie looks amazing. Most of the characters presented have an awesome aesthetic that just leads to this type of stuff looking so good.

Disney is going to make the money they paid for the IP just off the merch alone.

How much are the Hot Toys usually

Eh. Captain Phasma will be better. I might actually buy a Hot Toy. Usually I prefer the non-poseable stuff like statues or PVC figures.
Yeah, the Hot Toys look great but I'm quite a fan of Koto's ArtFX statues and the fact they're a lot cheaper. Definitely picking up those stormtroopers. Hopefully a Kylo Ren and Phasma are on the way.

Dragoshi1

So I've been collecting Galactic Connexions for a little while.

Only 2 packs and the starter set that comes with random hexes.

I like them, they definitely have a bit of weight to 'em. I wish there were vehicles as hexes too, woulda loved an AT-AT.

I had no idea the Black Series Phasma was really that hard to get.

The Fred Meyer near me has a bunch of regular First Order TIE Fighters and if they weren't 40 bucks a whack I might have caved in and got one already.

However, it seems like Kylo's saber is also a pretty big winner, which is funny considering the initial response to it amongst the fanbase.

The only thing I think I haven't seen at a store yet is the Black & Orange X-Wing.

However, it seems like Kylo's saber is also a pretty big winner, which is funny considering the initial response to it amongst the fanbase.

It looks cool but it doesn't seem so practical. The crossguard is another thing you yourself have to avoid if you're using it. As for Kylo Ren, we really need to see what he's like in the film. He could turn out to be amazing, but as for his costume design, he looks pretty much what I would expect your average rent-a-Sith to look like.

Yes, I know he's not a Sith, but still.

Astral Dog

I bought a thing with that blue robot from the movie, its llike cup but has different levels, i haven't seen it since then :/

As for Kylo Ren, we really need to see what he's like in the film.

I think this is gonna be the case with Finn, too. He might not be pushing a lot of units right now, but once people get a load of his personality, kids are GOING to want that toy.

Especially once they start selling him with that lightsaber.

It looks cool but it doesn't seem so practical. The crossguard is another thing you yourself have to avoid if you're using it. As for Kylo Ren, we really need to see what he's like in the film. He could turn out to be amazing, but as for his costume design, he looks pretty much what I would expect your average rent-a-Sith to look like.

Yes, I know he's not a Sith, but still.

How do we know this? I feel like they may just be saving the Darth reveal for the movie.

It's possible he's not a Sith at the point where the movie picks up. A friend of mine has a theory that Kylo Ren is essentially a Darth Vader fanboy.

Oh, sure, I think it's highly likely there's a transition there. I suspect the character will be introduced as Kylo Ren, but will adopt/be given a Darth name during the film.

Oh, sure, I think it's highly likely there's a transition there. I suspect the character will be introduced as Kylo Ren, but will adopt/be given a Darth name during the film.
From what JJ's said it doesn't look like there'll be any Sith, at least not in VII. Kylo Ren is already some kind of title.

hmmm maybe if it came with some exclusive gear but it seems like it's just a straight recolour so pass. I'm already going to have 4 Stormtroopers by the end of the year so have to save room for Snowtroopers and whatever other variants they release.

Yeah, it's based on the old Stormtrooper design and not the First Order Troopers, otherwise I probably would have bought one. I'm all about that Force Awakens now.

Top Bottom