• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Yarbskoo

I dunno about that, my old ones got some pretty heavy use. They didn't exactly just sit on a shelf and look pretty, many an epic battle was fought!

IIRC, I did end up losing my original Falcon though. Sad day.

Mine have seen some action as well, but they seem to be mostly intact still. I was a fairly careful child, I managed to keep all eight of my Action Fleet X-Wing cannons from being broken or horribly bent, even if they're all detachable at this point. Lost a handful of figures though. Sorry to hear about your Falcon, I think the 90s Micro Machines Falcon looks much better than the one from the new series.

Rootbeer

Banned
New Star Wars LEGO sets fresh from the LEGO thread courtesy of ghostmind!

These will hit stores in Jan 2016 (or possibly very late December before Christmas if you are watchful)

These sets are pulled from a variety of eras, but you may notice two of them are The Force Awakens sets. One of them is more obvious than the other.

(these images could be removed)

2EJlttG.jpg

v5Cr3Aa.jpg

tbmSK50.jpg

DVaSIKH.jpg

fCgBdKi.jpg

lb8Brtb.jpg

ppOJ5Pp.jpg

9qqgbGr.jpg

Yarbskoo

Let's see what we've got in the mail today...
YhcPFII.png

Oh, it's an Action Fleet Republic Cruiser! This ship is clearly meant to be the predecessor to the Blockade Runner from the original trilogy, while also bearing some similarities to the pre-production concepts of the Millennium Falcon. Like the Tantive IV in A New Hope, the Radiant VII in The Phantom Menace serves only to deliver our heroes into the clutches of the enemy within the first few minutes. If only it could have delivered a better movie.
sv8WhOt.png
SAIwSL4.png

A subtle darker gray color is added on top of the base paint to fill in the crevices and panel lines, and gives the ship a weathered and used look, as well as giving the detail more depth visually. If the new vehicles coming out used something like this effect, maybe they'd look less like they were carved from soap.

The Qui-Gon figure is fairly detailed for something so incredibly tiny. I think the pegs that hold the figure to the base work better than the older Action Fleet design.
1ExOcLQ.png

The Republic Cruiser had a crew of 8 with room for 16 passengers, but this one only seems to have enough room for a single Qui-Gon.
xyT52FI.png

The toy has retractable landing gear. It's not exactly movie accurate, but it works well enough, I suppose. There's also a somewhat gimmicky feature that lets you retract the engine glow parts inside the Dyne 577 sublight engines.
UcKlzNf.png
SWg1MPf.png

Overall, I'm really happy with the ship. I hope Hasbro brings back the Action Fleet line, but I'm not sure they would match the quality of the 90s Fleet.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Which Phasma is that there on your shelf?

Also, I see you discovered Blacksad.

That's the Black Series Phasma, and yeah just found out about Blacksad not too long ago, been playing catch up with it backwards getting Amarillo at the weekend and picking up the other two books (which should be here tomorrow) this week.

Looking forward to devouring them instantly and then waiting forever for the next book to come out...

Let's see what we've got in the mail today...
YhcPFII.png

Oh, it's an Action Fleet Republic Cruiser! This ship is clearly meant to be the predecessor to the Blockade Runner from the original trilogy, while also bearing some similarities to the pre-production concepts of the Millennium Falcon. Like the Tantive IV in A New Hope, the Radiant VII in The Phantom Menace serves only to deliver our heroes into the clutches of the enemy within the first few minutes. If only it could have delivered a better movie.
sv8WhOt.png
SAIwSL4.png

A subtle darker gray color is added on top of the base paint to fill in the crevices and panel lines, and gives the ship a weathered and used look, as well as giving the detail more depth visually. If the new vehicles coming out used something like this effect, maybe they'd look less like they were carved from soap.

The Qui-Gon figure is fairly detailed for something so incredibly tiny. I think the pegs that hold the figure to the base work better than the older Action Fleet design.
1ExOcLQ.png

The Republic Cruiser had a crew of 8 with room for 16 passengers, but this one only seems to have enough room for a single Qui-Gon.
xyT52FI.png

The toy has retractable landing gear. It's not exactly movie accurate, but it works well enough, I suppose. There's also a somewhat gimmicky feature that lets you retract the engine glow parts inside the Dyne 577 sublight engines.
UcKlzNf.png
SWg1MPf.png

Overall, I'm really happy with the ship. I hope Hasbro brings back the Action Fleet line, but I'm not sure they would match the quality of the 90s Fleet.

I used to have that ship.

Kid me pretended it was the Outlaw Star though

Jamesways

I don't really have many SW figures left anymore, kept a re-card vinyl cape jawa from 79, a few OTC jawas and Boba Fett, but I had to get this guy.

The Black Series Sandtrooper II. Probably the coolest SW figure I've ever had.

Edit- And the superior Stunt helmet too! Don't care for all the Hero helmet figures and statues. Stunt looks better to me personally.
Sandtrooper_zpswlvljydj.jpg

womp

^ total badass....adding one to my Christmas list. :)

Speaking of black series....I just got my first one. I ran into the Walgreen's up the street for hamburger rolls and they actually sell black series figures. The normal Luke Stormtroopers were there on a shelf for $19.99 but then I looked on the racks below in a seperate section and saw two Kylo and two Chewbacca hanging with a tab saying '$11.99 DC Assortment'. They were priced wrong, I went up and the guy matched it. Needless to say, I now have the bug and need more of these. Kylo is awesome, love how posable he is.

I swore I wouldn't give in and buy any of these toys....arrrgh

Rootbeer

Banned
Black Series Special Forces TIE Fighter (scaled for 6" Black Series figures) is charging and shipping now for a 10/20 delivery date. Earler than the 10/31 date they had listed on the site.

I'm getting mine from dorksidetoys to save me $15.

People criticise the Black Series (understandably at times) but the Stormtroopers always look fantastic. I still need to get myself a sandtrooper.

Black Series Special Forces TIE Fighter (scaled for 6" Black Series figures) is charging and shipping now for a 10/20 delivery date. Earler than the 10/31 date they had listed on the site.

I'm getting mine from dorksidetoys to save me $15.

That thing is huge. It does look great though.

Jamesways

^ total badass....adding one to my Christmas list. :)
It's amazing the detail on these now compared to the ones we grew up with.

Speaking of...

star-wars-3.jpg

What a time it was to be alive. I have so many great memories associated with all those toys. Even to this day I can tell you the circumstances of acquiring many of them and the joy that comes from thinking about it. You truly had to be there to understand.

Late to this thread, but oh man, that image. I remember being so excited to ride my bike the mile and a half to the local Ben Franklin to buy a SW action figure with my $1.43 in 1980. It was just magic. The first few scenes on Tatooine in SW:ANH still bring that feeling of wonder to me of being a kid.

I can't wait for the new movie. Hopefully my girls will enjoy SW, the wife sure doesn't.

Just noticed this on Zavvi. Not collecting 3.75 figures but I love the packaging.

Take command with this 7 figure Troop Builder Pack including Captain Phasma, First Order Stormtrooper, First Order Flametrooper, First Order Snowtrooper, First Order TIE Fighter Pilot, First Order Riot Control Stormtrooper, and First Order Heavy Artillery Stormtrooper.

styl3s

Anyone finding luck with the wave 2 black series? 6"? I for the life of me still cannot fucking find a Phasma 3" regular, 6" black series or even the die cast.

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone finding luck with the wave 2 black series? 6"? I for the life of me still cannot fucking find a Phasma 3" regular, 6" black series or even the die cast.

phasma 3 3/4 figure has been restocked a several times since Force Friday but you have to be on top of things to get one before it sells out. If you check once or twice per day you should be able to get one during the next restocks. this includes all major e-vendors like target, toys r us, walmart, amazon...

Wave 2 of the 6" Black Series have been hitting Target this week. There have also been sightings at Walgreens. But they are going to sell out fast so again you have to be diligent about checking stock.

I and some others in this thread got all of the Wave 2 on amazon because they stocked them weeks before other vendors for some reason. But Phasma sold out in under 10 minutes, and the others sold out shortly after. There is pretty big demand for anything new.

disneystore.com restocked ALL of the Die Cast figures earlier this week, but some like Phasma already sold out. You can try calling your local Disney Stores because they might have stock that the website doesn't.

*edit* I just now saw a photo of some Wave 2 Black Series figures someone bought at Kmart... so, check everyone that sells 6" figures basically :)

womp

This sounds similar to my Kylo Ren post a few above (food and Star Wars figures) but I swear it is true...

I went into the local Walmart to grab some pretzels for my kid's party at school and decided to check out the Force Awakens toys. I very rarely go to Walmart, I am a Target guy, but holy crap. They had about three of every 3" figure in stock except Stormtroopers and Rey.

Need less to say, I snagged a Phasma. Now I just need a Black Series version. :p

Keep looking, they ARE out there!

//ARCANUM

I've been checking disneystore.com for phasma constantly since force Friday. I forget to check at all this week and of course miss her. Le sigh.

Just ordered the Vader and Ahsoka Rebel pack on Amazon, considering the prices of past Ahsokas and even what Sabine from Rebels was going for im amazed that set was about regular priced.
Ahsoka-Tano-Darth-Vader.jpg

5POA doesn't even bother me in this case as Ahsoka looks awesome.

I wonder if the speculated Asian female X-wing pilot in TFA will get a figure in a later wave.

womp

^ Just saw three of these sitting on a rack with the others in the series at Walmart this morning...in case anyone is looking at retail.

Ahsoka looks pretty cool.

The way Vader looks in Rebels makes me kinda wish (kinda! Not really. But KINDA!) they'd go back and subtly alter the helmet in the films to looks more like that. Eyes a little more red, helmet a little sharper, more angrier.

I just prefer the way that looks there, honestly.

The way Vader looks in Rebels makes me kinda wish (kinda! Not really. But KINDA!) they'd go back and subtly alter the helmet in the films to looks more like that. Eyes a little more red, helmet a little sharper, more angrier.

I just prefer the way that looks there, honestly.

Reminds me of the Vader animated maquette that Gentle Giant put out a few years back.

Bii

What the best Kylo Ren helmet to wear for Halloween then to display after? I'm 6'3 215lb.

I'm using the Disneystore's voice changing mask. It's not a full helmet but it does have adjustable straps and a hood that covers the back of your head. It also has a voice changing feature that is decent and the mask doesn't look too bulky. It's only $25 and is currently in stock at disneystore.com.

Top Bottom