• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

I'm using the Disneystore's voice changing mask. It's not a full helmet but it does have adjustable straps and a hood that covers the back of your head. It also has a voice changing feature that is decent and the mask doesn't look too bulky. It's only $25 and is currently in stock at disneystore.com.

Thanks Bii, ordered!

Have some comparison shots. Bladebuilders Electronic (left) vs Toys R Us Ultimate FX (right):

OH48fEM.jpg

uYHjB1d.jpg

Yeah, the Ultimate FX blows it away. Sound is louder and, for lack of a better term, beefier. The lighting is obviously better as well.

Can't compare it to the Disney saber as I don't have it. And also can't afford a Force FX so this is probably the last one I'll get.

//ARCANUM

Can anyone help me track down a Captain Phasma black series or Disney die cast? I have been looking since force Friday and have had no luck / always missed when available. :/ it's the only figure left that I want (need).

Received my Black Series Vader today. I'd been mulling over getting him for a while but I thought the helmet looked a little off. He's actually pretty great when you get him in front of you. The detail on Anakin's face under the helmet is really nice. Pretty pleased with him overall.

I'm using the Disneystore's voice changing mask. It's not a full helmet but it does have adjustable straps and a hood that covers the back of your head. It also has a voice changing feature that is decent and the mask doesn't look too bulky. It's only $25 and is currently in stock at disneystore.com.

So the voice changing mask is coming on Friday but here is the official costume with the cheap one that comes with it.

Ps. I know, I know about the light saber. I'm not paying $200 for a prop. My Vader Force FX will work.

Bii

So the voice changing mask is coming on Friday but here is the official costume with the cheap one that comes with it.

Ps. I know, I know about the light saber. I'm not paying $200 for a prop. My Vader Force FX will work.

Hey, that official costume looks good! Maybe I should have went that route instead of spending a good chunk for the one I got.

shira

Shouldn't you make it yourself?

Have some comparison shots. Bladebuilders Electronic (left) vs Toys R Us Ultimate FX (right):

Yeah, the Ultimate FX blows it away. Sound is louder and, for lack of a better term, beefier. The lighting is obviously better as well.

Can't compare it to the Disney saber as I don't have it. And also can't afford a Force FX so this is probably the last one I'll get.

The Disney saber has a few mildly interesting features that the Ultimate FX saber doesn't have, but they're essentially the same. The Disney exclusive one is cheaper and technically better, so that's the one to get.

That said, most of the pics of the Ultimate FX saber are not at all representative of what you're actually going to see, even in a pitch black room. Here's a picture of it in my desk:

The LED gaps are more visible in person than they are in this picture. It's really, really noticeable. It's kind of horrible that the Force FX version is so much more expensive, but the leap in lighting quality is definitely there.

Well started something I had never done with Star Wars action figures before,
troop building Rebels.

As a kid outside of the main cast I thought the Rebels looked stupid(outside of the ship troopers) and never really bothered with them all that much.
Recently im growing to like their aesthetic more than the clones and Empire.

Nemic77

Will probably get the new Bandai Millennium Falcon model kit in about 3 weeks.

I built the AT-ST and I got the C3PO for my GF. Lots of fun to build and look at.

Anyone else collecting these? Look at the detail on this thing:

bandai01-png

bandai02-png

bandai03-png

Got my new mask in from the Disney store. Boots coming this week. I'm wearing the hood that came with the official costume, putting the mask on then using the hood that came with the mask. Added some cool layering. Wish I had the money to blow on the saber but I don't. Costume cost $60 total. $80 if you count the boots but the boots can be used in other functions of life.

With Ahsoka showing up on Rebels I kinda wish Hasbro would rerelease her starfighter or do the Episode 3 version in her scheme(was shown in an episode or 2.)
instead of the infinite release of Anakin, Obi-wan(Red) and Obi-wan(Blue)

Edwardo

I got this same costume. Planning on wearing it this weekend for Halloween. I can't wait!

The only problem is that you can see my eyes easily through it. Anyone have a recommendation on how I could alter it to hide my face under it and still see?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Got my new mask in from the Disney store. Boots coming this week. I'm wearing the hood that came with the official costume, putting the mask on then using the hood that came with the mask. Added some cool layering. Wish I had the money to blow on the saber but I don't. Costume cost $60 total. $80 if you count the boots but the boots can be used in other functions of life.
Omg, you are amazing.

My Sphero BB-8 app just gave me a notification about an incoming message, but I'm at work right now without access to my BB-8. Was this sent out to everyone, or does the app just randomly do this? Did anyone else get this? What is it?

ghostmind

My Sphero BB-8 app just gave me a notification about an incoming message, but I'm at work right now without access to my BB-8. Was this sent out to everyone, or does the app just randomly do this? Did anyone else get this? What is it?

I got a new C-3PO hologram, or at least I think it's new... is that it?

-griffy-

Banned

I got a new notification too. I actually got one a couple weeks ago as well but my BB-8 was packed up after a move so I never saw what that one was.

UJ31u3i.jpg

Picked up another Snowtrooper and swapped the pauldron and gun over to my stormtroopers. Easier than picking up the amazon exclusive 4 pack anyhow.

Top Bottom