• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

The Ralph McQuarrie artbook set is down to $150 on Amazon. Oh god, my heart.

I ordered from them originally so I tried to get a refund as I only received my book yesterday and my order total was $200. They said no.

Fuck 'em. Processed a return and reordered. I'm getting that $30 bucks (after tax+fees).

Yeah, he's gonna be about $130 or so before shipping. And at close to 1/6 scale, you'll be looking at around $40-$50 shipping to the US.

Edit: He's up for pre-order at Hobbysearch for $117 right now (even cheaper than AmiAmi!). Keep in mind, this is the ArtFX line, not the 1/10 scale ArtFX+ line which most of the current Star Wars figures by Kotobukiya are from.

I like it but I'll stick with the ArtFX+ version.

My haul from yesterday:

rvaV9mb.jpg

I ordered from them originally so I tried to get a refund as I only received my book yesterday and my order total was $200. They said no.

Fuck 'em. Processed a return and reordered. I'm getting that $30 bucks (after tax+fees).
Don't blame you, it's ridiculous that they wouldn't. I think their pre-order price protection should go to 2 weeks after release (Amazon sold only) just like the Prime 20% off video games does. Heck, even make it a Prime perk.

Rootbeer

Banned
Seems like an earlier version of the one seen in the Star Wars Cross Sections books.

Speaking of Cross Sections, did anyone else get the new Complete Locations book that released on Tues? I've been really loving it.

It's basically a Cross Sections book. It goes over areas from all seven films.

Here is a sample page from Amazon

A1a3zFZE77L.jpg

Yarbskoo

Speaking of Cross Sections, did anyone else get the new Complete Locations book that released on Tues? I've been really loving it.

It's basically a Cross Sections book. It goes over areas from all seven films.

Here is a sample page from Amazon

A1a3zFZE77L.jpg

Looks pretty neat, actually. I love illustrations like these.

Picked up the 3.75" Rogue One Stormtrooper and K2-SO as well as the two-pack with the Imperial Shoretrooper and that white... thing. Was tempted by the Imperial Ground Crew and the two-pack with the Imperial Death Trooper and that lizard-like thing but passed for now. Also picked up the 6" K2-SO but passed on the other 6"s including the Imperial Death Trooper -- I don't know why but I'm just not a huge fan of the look.

Looking forward to a 3.75" Imperial Hovertank pilot and Kennic at this point, will probably pass on most of the rest unless I really like a character.

Hey, did they ever make 3.75" figures of the Chinese-like gang on that ship where Rey and Finn met Han and Chewie the first time?

gsrjedi

Had a pretty good Rogue Friday haul. Went to TRU at midnight & was 6th in line. They only got 6 of the Black Series Hovertank driver & handed out tickets. Hit a couple WalMarts afterwards before getting some sleep. Woke up at 5:30 to head to the Disney Store. Was hoping they'd have some freebies, but nada. I felt bad for the girls working there, there was only one other person there. Then I waited for Target to open to use the coupon. Got Rebels season 2 & some Pops to reach the $100 threshold. Was able to get about 30 minutes of sleep before having to go to work all day.

Anybody pick up the Black Series Stormtrooper helmet? Wondering if I wanna keep it or not.

Season 2 Sabine kinda cracks me up Hasbro went through so much effort to get a good deco this time compared to the first release and they still completely forget the armor on the boots.

Well what a more tame force friday this year saw no kids this time was kind of strange and only 4 people at Disney compared to the 50 last year the hype is just not there for rouge one curious if VIII will see a bigger crowd

Experien

Well what a more tame force friday this year saw no kids this time was kind of strange and only 4 people at Disney compared to the 50 last year the hype is just not there for rouge one curious if VIII will see a bigger crowd

Disney doesn't care as much now. I say that because last Force Friday that took over morning news shows, had 24hr livestreams online where everyone was revealing toys. So less media coverage and less merchandise actually coming out is a factor. What there was 6 different figures and 8 LEGO sets and barely any costume gear?

I went up to ToyRUs at 11:30 PM for the Midnight opening and I was 3rd in line. The guy that was first in line, got there at 7 PM. Ouch. About 20 people showed up eventually.

Wanderer5

Was at Disneyland today and got some Star Wars goodies. I don't really get into the black series, but got K-2SO and he is pretty good (also has a interesting wearing down look). I also gotten one of the new rogue one disney pins, which is one of the TIE Striker.

Is there a Rogue One Spaceship Crosssection book?

Nope. The cross-sections are in this instead of having their own separate book.

515nY2FY0mL._SX418_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This beautifully detailed Star Wars book features in-depth character profiles, plus 5 newly commissioned and fully annotated cross-sections of vehicles and mapped-out locations. With clear and authoritative text, Star Wars Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide is packed with essential information - and presented alongside stunning stills from the movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I bet you Episode VIII will have its own book of cross-sections.
Cant wait :D
Only d the Clone Wars Cross Section book is left right now. Its quiete fun to notice details on the ships in the movies and then look after it.

Loved how Han build a kitchen into the Falcon as a wedding present xD

Snaku

Banned
now buy more

I intend to. Seeing the Hot Toys 1/4 scale Kylo Ren convinced me to jump into the line. Boba was tough to swallow having to paying for him all at once, but I can put Kylo and Vader on flexpay when they go up for preorder. Makes it easier to justify.

29659194765_23d6d8572b_b.jpg

I mean there's just no way I can say no to that.

F-Pina

From the action figure thread:

I love the Shoretrooper design. Also I'm quite sure Rogue One Stormtroopers are different than your regular ones since they have more detail (because the props now have more detail thanks to modern filmmaking).

Nobody yet noticed the error on the box?
It says "Shoretooper" in big letters. No way this gets to stores like that.

Anth0ny

lol I would never buy kylo unmasked

dude looks so goofy. which is the point, I think :p

1/6th scale Vader is at the top of my kill list right now. Kinda want a ESB version since that's my favorite movie of all time...

RIP wallet and shelf space.

I haven't decided if I'm going to go all-in and just buy them all. I'm kind of getting a little frustrated with Kotobukiya in terms of what TFA and RO figures they're making. They release a horde of faceless troopers along with Kylo and Phasma for TFA. We still don't have Finn and Rey (though they've been announced), but no Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc. No one with an actual human face. And you would think with Rogue One on the horizon, there would be a Jyn Erso in the first batch. NOPE.

Snaku

Banned
I haven't decided if I'm going to go all-in and just buy them all. I'm kind of getting a little frustrated with Kotobukiya in terms of what TFA and RO figures they're making. They release a horde of faceless troopers along with Kylo and Phasma for TFA. We still don't have Finn and Rey (though they've been announced), but no Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc. No one with an actual human face. And you would think with Rogue One on the horizon, there would be a Jyn Erso in the first batch. NOPE.

It's kinda understandable, Koto really doesn't do human faces that well. They really need to get their hands on Tamashii's face scanning tech that they use on the Star Wars Figuarts.

It's kinda understandable, Koto really doesn't do human faces that well. They really need to get their hands on Tamashii's face scanning tech that they use on the Star Wars Figuarts.

They're too used to sculpting those anime faces. Though some of them come out really well, I would still think anime face is much easier to sculpt than a real likeness.

Yarbskoo

So I was looking to expand my Episode I collection, but was having some trouble finding a decent AAT. The regular Action Fleet vehicle is out of my price range. The electronic one isn't, but the wired remote limits the display potential. The Micro Machines and Titanium toys don't really have the detail I want, and I don't have room for the larger ones. Eventually, I found something on eBay I hadn't previously considered: the Star Wars F-Toys line.

These Japanese exclusive models come in blind boxes, though mine was obviously opened before I purchased it. They're pre-painted, but some assembly is required. The smaller pieces need to be cut from their sprues before they can be attached to the main body. No glue is required, though you may want to use it anyway on some parts.
9CXARda.png
48RGS9q.png

The hard, inflexible plastic gives the model a delicate and fragile look and feel, but there's a lot of sharp detail here that looks really nice on something so small.
XYS7Y69.png
95ZkMPa.png

Even the bottom has some nice molded details.
wti0AWy.png

The primary cannon can rotate, as well as the secondary side guns, though one is pretty loose on mine and tends to rotate downwards.
EZuoJVh.png

The base has a bunch of holes for the stand to slot into, so there's quite a few options here for positioning. There's some information about the vehicle printed in English on the base as well.
QAw7Z5O.png

This thing is pretty cool, I might see if I can get the Jedi Starfighter as well.

Top Bottom