• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Merch |OT| Chewie, We're Broke.

Perfect format to represent these characters in a collection. Coming this Fall.

AaO1mUu.jpg

Yarbskoo

Probably not. There's only one thing I'm on the lookout for this time.

Honestly, it still looks kinda bad, especially if that Superlaser isn't removable. I mean shit, it's just a sphere, it doesn't need all those badly molded surface details.
e3tfvFV.png

I'm not sure I've ever seen a good Death Star model that wasn't custom built, and that's completely baffling to me, especially considering how iconic it is.

That said, are there any other fun vehicles to look for? Or new Star Wars Bandai kits?

womp

I haven't been keeping up but thought I would pass along that I just saw a big display of the new Rogue One 3 inch figures at Kohl's this past Monday while out shopping with my wife. Also had some Black Series Luke's and Jangos too. The display was a big cardboard Rogue One thing.

So whats the deal with "Rogue Friday"
I work at Walmart tried to hit the department manager of toys up for the new Sabine figure. She said they are dated to the 3rd.
Afterward some idiot put a case out so I thought I got lucky on lunch and tried to buy a few and the system definitely said October 3rd.

Co-woker brought me the black series (3.75) Ahsoka but someone nabbed it off my stock cart long before lunch.

Pumped for tonight. Gonna hit TRU at midnight for Black Series K2SO and two Deathtroopers. Gonna order the majority of my LEGO stuff online for the Revan promo.

Seems to be relatively little hype compared to last year, though I guess that's to be expected with TFA being the first SW film for a decade and it continuing on from Jedi.

Snaku

Banned
Found every R1 Black Series figure this morning, but was unable to check out, the system had blacklisted them. Hope they're still there later tonight.

a916

I'm new to this, but are there usually surprises for Force Friday? I can't think of anything I want from any of these (well Hot Toys but I don't want to kill my wallet)

I don't understand how the department manager of toys keeps her job at my Walmart.
She has no clue when she is allowed to sell new Star Wars stuff.
She has no clue about about Rogue Friday, told me "yeah that might be next week or the following week"
Force Awakens features were hidden all the way at the back of electronics, they never stocked the shelves but dumped all them into the feature nobody ever found.

Same shit with Batman v Superman but at least she stocked those back to the shelves.
Same with Suicide Squad
Marvel stuff doesn't go out till its almost immediately on clearance(X-Men Legends wave has literally been the first Marvel line she got out in decent timing after completely skipping Spiderman)

I wish I could get that $15+ an hour for doing a terrible job.

Already at TRU. They got three cases of Black Series, didn't know about Shore Trooper. Plenty of everything else. One other guy already here.

Already at TRU. They got three cases of Black Series, didn't know about Shore Trooper. Plenty of everything else. One other guy already here.

I remember going to the ROTS midnight at TRU, was like 20 people there at 9pm.
Spent way too much that night. 2 Jedi starfighters, figures and I think the republic Gunship unless that released later.

Metalmarc

Was Rogue Friday midnight openings a dud?

Did anyone bother to go i didn't, woke up to check the Merch on Disneystore uk, 40 items of Rogue one merch no die cast vehicles, few other things missing, couldve sworn there was at least 100+ for TFA

Not hearing many stories yet of people emptying pegs completely of anything

Mind you it's only a Spinoff film, but still with the Star Wars brand i expected biggish things, even the marketing for this was small imo.

Hold that though some u.s states are 8 hours behind the UK , its only 5:41am here my bad

Wanderer5

Wasn't thinking of anything really for this day, but then I saw the Lego Darth Revan promo on LEGO GAF that comes with any lego star wars item, so I got a lego boba fett keychain lol.

Some weird loading issues when finishing the order on the lego store online, but I got the confirmation email, so guess I am good hopefully.

SeanC

Preordered the Figuarts Han. It's the one I've been wanting for a while and looks so good.

I really like the Star Wars Figuarts line. Good size and their faces always impress. Now just want a Leia.

TRU was something last night, that's for sure.

So I lined up at 10:40 PM and two others guys lined up with me, both of them were guys from last year's event. I had arrived at 9:15 PM to ask if they were gonna have the 6" figures. They had actually just pulled the pallet to the aisle where they were setting up and let me rummage through it, no Black Series to be seen. Ask them the question, they send me to the manager, who looks up their stock. Four cases on the floor (which was about right) and three cases in the back. Awesome. Didn't have an item number for the tank trooper so I was just had to hope.

Anyway, 12:01 comes around, the two guys I know and I walk to the aisle. Tank trooper is on the pegs, we each grab two. No other Rogue One 6" figures at all. Well shit. So I browsed the end caps and aisles for a minute, nothing. Find more pallets of unopened boxes (the 3.75" POA stuff is way overshipped), nothing. Finally ask an employee if they have any in the back, and the typical "What we have is on the floor" response until I reference the manager discussion and suddenly they're much more helpful. So at this point everyone is crowding around me cause hey we might be getting our shit. She comes back with one K2S0 for me, and everyone sighs. Had to ask ANOTHER employee to get the actual cases from the back so that everyone (well two other people since it's all one per case) could get what they wanted. Overall, total shitshow, low 6" stock again, happy I got what I wanted. Final haul was:

TRU was something last night, that's for sure.

So I lined up at 10:40 PM and two others guys lined up with me, both of them were guys from last year's event. I had arrived at 9:15 PM to ask if they were gonna have the 6" figures. They had actually just pulled the pallet to the aisle where they were setting up and let me rummage through it, no Black Series to be seen. Ask them the question, they send me to the manager, who looks up their stock. Four cases on the floor (which was about right) and three cases in the back. Awesome. Didn't have an item number for the tank trooper so I was just had to hope.

Anyway, 12:01 comes around, the two guys I know and I walk to the aisle. Tank trooper is on the pegs, we each grab two. No other Rogue One 6" figures at all. Well shit. So I browsed the end caps and aisles for a minute, nothing. Find more pallets of unopened boxes (the 3.75" POA stuff is way overshipped), nothing. Finally ask an employee if they have any in the back, and the typical "What we have is on the floor" response until I reference the manager discussion and suddenly they're much more helpful. So at this point everyone is crowding around me cause hey we might be getting our shit. She comes back with one K2S0 for me, and everyone sighs. Had to ask ANOTHER employee to get the actual cases from the back so that everyone (well two other people since it's all one per case) could get what they wanted. Overall, total shitshow, low 6" stock again, happy I got what I wanted. Final haul was:

Nice you got what you wanted. I can't wait to start building Krennic's Shuttle tonight.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hope you all are getting some great star wars stuff this weekend.

Kmart exclusive Jyn is in stock still on their website. She comes with a nice base and an exclusive outfit you can only get in this release.

http://www.kmart.com/disney-star-wars-rogue-one-sergeant-jyn-erso/p-004W008089785001P

prod_2270987312

If you missed the earlier KMart exclusives, you can get them as a bundle here:
http://www.kmart.com/disney-star-wars-black-series-kylo-ren-rey/p-004CO89537812B

They are also available separately:
http://www.kmart.com/disney-star-wars-the-black-series-6-inch/p-004W007777783001P
http://www.kmart.com/disney-star-wars-episode-vii-black-series-rey/p-004W008954628001P

There is also this Target three pack. This one has Cassian in an exclusive outfit, Death Trooper Officer (with shoulder pauldron), and a repacked Jyn. It's not in stock yet so monitor it closely if you want it:
http://www.target.com/p/-/A-51031643

51031643_Alt01

Still waiting on links to the Toys R Us and WalMart exclusive figures...

There is also this Target three pack. This one has Cassian in an exclusive outfit, Death Trooper Officer (with shoulder pauldron), and a repacked Jyn. It's not in stock yet so monitor it closely if you want it:
http://www.target.com/p/-/A-51031643

51031643_Alt01

Still waiting on links to the Toys R Us and WalMart exclusive figures...

Oooh, wonder if it's being sold in the UK.

Just noticed this on my Facebook feed. Out in April 2017.

Snaku

Banned

My Force Friday haul. K-2 is probably the best Black Series figure Hasbro has made in years. Great sculpt, articulation, paint apps & weathering. They really knocked that one out of the park. The Deathtrooper is nice, but I would have preferred a Shoretrooper. Jyn is kinda basic, but I'm glad her likeness isn't as bad as Rey.

If K-2 ends up being a great character, and Sideshow ends up making a Premium Format figure, it'll be hard for me to say no to no matter how overpriced it may be.

Metalmarc

Wow only roughly 9+ Gaffers bothered with Rogue Fridays Midnight launch, in this thread by the looks of it, and its late in europe so it's almost over here, i know it's lunch in some states so there still may be a few more, but wow not much interest afterall i was right.

LOL so since the idiots at my Walmart continued putting the Rogue One stuff on the pegs despite customers continuously being turned away the two Sabines managed to get returned 5 times each until they disappear the night before they go up.
They aren't in the back, checked every return buggy in the store and then spent 45 minutes after I got off checking hiding spots. Nada.
Customer came in looking for Sabine right when I was going to lunch, helped him for a bit but no luck.

cut to me off work at 2pm I check the Target across the street from Walmart, no Sabine. Associate asks if he can help I said im looking for Sabine but she is probably gone, guy directs me to the feature which had 1 at the back of the pegs.

Start to walk off after thanking the worker and here comes the customer from Walmart, sees I got Sabine congratulates me, say sorry but its the last one.
associate comes walking up asks what he wants goes to the back and brings out another 2 cases.

Now just waiting on Wave 2 Jyn and W2 of the BS 3.75.

Anyone find Hera and her A-Wing?

Rootbeer

Banned
Wow only roughly 9+ Gaffers bothered with Rogue Fridays Midnight launch, in this thread by the looks of it, and its late in europe so it's almost over here, i know it's lunch in some states so there still may be a few more, but wow not much interest afterall i was right.

I just bought everything online this year. But it was difficult, so many sites had problems or sold out super fast.

I'd say the interest in the merch was still very high this year, with a good variety of stuff available. Communication on where to get X item (all the exclusives, etc.) was really poor this year though. Some of the exclusives were not even properly announced.

Wanderer5

Started looking at the impressions for the TIE Striker, and looks like it is First Order TIE all over again, with it being a great set but dat price.

Think I am going to pass anyway through, and wait to see how the batman movie sets turn out.

Edit: Oh damn I meant this for Lego GAF lol, but well TIE Striker is still star wars so eh.:p

Started looking at the impressions for the TIE Striker, and looks like it is First Order TIE all over again, with it being a great set but dat price.

Im so glad I got my favorite ship
BTL-B+Primary+heavy+Laser+cannons+_amp_+medium+Ion+turret.JPG

back when the getting was good... and reasonably priced.

I fear the price these days...
Damn Republic gunship would be like $300+ these days.

Wanderer5

Y-wing?

And I mean the lego sets heh. Both the FO TIE and TIE Striker sets feels like they have a bit too high of price really in comparsion to their piece ratio. Striker price feels off compare to the other lego rouge one sets.

Bit of a shame cause back in early 2015, there was a TIE Advanced Prototype from rebels that felt nicely priced, and is a really really good set.

Y-wing?

And I mean the lego sets heh. Both the FO TIE and TIE Striker sets feels like they have a bit too high of price really in comparsion to their piece ratio. Striker price feels off compare to the other lego rouge one sets.

Bit of a shame cause back in early 2015, there was a TIE Advanced Prototype from rebels that felt nicely priced, and is a really really good set.

Oh okay,

Yeah Clone Wars Y-Wing, love the design and huge size of the thing.
Also only cost like $70

Wanderer5

Oh okay,

Yeah Clone Wars Y-Wing, love the design and huge size of the thing.
Also only cost like $70

Looks nicer than the Y-Wing design that would appear later.

I love the TIE, and yet I don't have a set nor toy of the original heh, but I do love the lego First Order Special Forces (despite the price) and Advanced Prototype I have.

Yarbskoo

BTL-B+Primary+heavy+Laser+cannons+_amp_+medium+Ion+turret.JPG

I fear the price these days...
Damn Republic gunship would be like $300+ these days.

Seems like an earlier version of the one seen in the Star Wars Cross Sections books.

KXpZ1Qx.png

The text indicates that the body shells were removed to help rebel technicians with their constant repair and modification work on the inner machinery.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The K2SO figure is awesome. Like best Hasbro Black Series figure awesome. Can't recommend him enough.

Yeah, that's the only new one I picked up. It's so good that I don't see how there's any room for the Figuarts one to improve on it. The finish is great. The articulation, which is often where Hasbro is most noticeably behind, seems to be limited only by the droid's design. And no soft plastics except on two tiny antennas... amazing!
I'm going to buy a Deathtrooper, but the Bandai model kit version. (which includes the officer gear)

Speaking of Figuarts, I preordered Han. What an incredible figure. I mean, the Black Series one was actually pretty nice, but this thing looks better than the Hot Toys one. Hopefully they won't accidentally make him 5 inches.

I really wish they'd just make The Ghost in the style of that god awful Heroes Series Falcon from a few years back.
Somewhat true to scale however super cheap, hollow, no paint and the cockpit doesn't even open.
Let the Phantom dock with it and that be it for around $50.
I'd prefer that to something like this U-Wing and AT-ACT.

I'd still buy the Rebels B-Wing and Sabine's Tie-Fighter as well.

Yeah, he's gonna be about $130 or so before shipping. And at close to 1/6 scale, you'll be looking at around $40-$50 shipping to the US.

Edit: He's up for pre-order at Hobbysearch for $117 right now (even cheaper than AmiAmi!). Keep in mind, this is the ArtFX line, not the 1/10 scale ArtFX+ line which most of the current Star Wars figures by Kotobukiya are from.

Snaku

Banned

Two things I'm not very fond of. It's clearly meant to evoke the Starkiller Base setting, but Kylo never fought in the snow with his mask on. I'm also not really digging the pose, the dramatic anime inspired fighting stance doesn't really mesh with the character as portrayed in TFA imo.

It's still a great affordable alternative to the Hot Toys or Premium Format figures, but I don't think it's for me.

Top Bottom