• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars star says he won't appear in The Mandalorian & Grogu because of The Book of Boba Fett, explaining the show's reception "impacted the future

Draugoth

Gold Member
QJ8B84KArtetXao6fsfPwc-970-80.jpg.webp

It looks like The Book of Boba Fett may have been the last time we see Boba Fett in the Star Wars franchise, as star Temuera Morrison reveals that the spin-off show’s bad reception is the reason why he won't be in the upcoming movie The Mandalorian & Grogu.

"This show's reception does seem to have impacted the future of the character in the franchise," said Boba Fett actor Temuera Morrison at Fan Expo Chicago after confirming his character won't appear in the Mandalorian movie, as reported by Screen Rant. Morrison later added that he also hasn't received an update on The Book of Boba Fett regarding a possible season 2, suggesting season 1 could well have been the last time we saw his character.

Source

wolffy66

All these shows lack any sort of edge and they never meet your expectations for the character. Just terrible experiences and I keep watching hoping they will get one right but it's few and far between

Goalus

Just in: Acolyte is canceled. So it’s not all bad news.
Don't worry:
"I've always wanted to explore a live-action version of the Knights of the Old Republic game and Kreia's character," Headland said. "I think it would be a really interesting story to bring to life."

Last edited:

Gojiira

Lol cant wait for Disney Star Wars to just get retconned completely, they havent done a single movie or show that didnt destroy,subvert,ruin or retcon a character or character arc or established lore from the original series. Just a total disaster in handling a franchise with ONE exception being Rogue One.
The Assassination and humiliation of Luke Skywalker though, that should be considered misandrist.

Well, his character was neutralized, with his traits being stolen by his companion and being a sidecharacter in his own show because The Mandalorian success...so not a big surprise. So in the end if we want a good a Boba Fett story there is only the Mandalorian or the EU material.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Star Wars dipped into the mandalorian’s bag of tricks, they’re going to do another mandalorian, I don’t think Star Wars fans care about one mandalorian who was a “bounty hunter”.

jason10mm

Gold Member
They could "fix" it by starting a new season of Book of Boba Fett by starting it with a younger Boba clone showing up to investigate the murder of an already dead old fat Boba, and the entire cast of S1.
Really, just have him in the suit for all but the very last 2 minutes of the season. Dynamic, brutal, harsh, but fair.

Then he pulls off the helmet, its a young promising pacific Asian guy, everyone looks a little startled, and he says "bacta tanks, gotta love 'em"

Credits.

See how easy that shit is in a fantasy universe????

I couldn't get in to Star Wars Vision either, I think I just not in to Star Wars world regardless live action or anime.
I kept telling Bing to make a Star Wars poster in the art style of Gravity Rush to tempt you but someone more experienced with prompts has to do it because it keeps doing a generic anime style instead.

wn3XlP7.jpeg

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I kept telling Bing to make a Star Wars poster in the art style of Gravity Rush to tempt you but someone more experienced with prompts has to do it because it keeps doing a generic anime style instead.

wn3XlP7.jpeg
Just being "Anime" doesn't automatically make me interested, I love anime but I also need to love its world and story if I do not thats not gonna help regardless.

Last edited:
Just being "Anime" doesn't automatically make me interested, I love anime but I also need to love its world and story if I do not thats not gonna help regardless.
S'all good. Star Wars feels generic compared to how much more depth other movies have. Any depth the series has comes mostly from materials outside of the movies themselves. And there are just some plain baffling things like why Boba Fett was popular in the first place. The dude's one big chance to show off and he was defeated as part of a joke but he somehow got a following cause he has a jetpack.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
S'all good. Star Wars feels generic compared to how much more depth other movies have. Any depth the series has comes mostly from materials outside of the movies themselves. And there are just some plain baffling things like why Boba Fett was popular in the first place. The dude's one big chance to show off and he was defeated as part of a joke but he somehow got a following cause he has a jetpack.
Most of my knowledge of Star Wars comes from Robot Chicken because in all honestly I found those more entertaining than actual movies.

I couldn't get in to Star Wars, Marvel/DC, Indiana jones and Harry Potter.....but I really liked Alien, Matrix, Jurassic Park, Blade Runner and Terminator.

Dude there's an anime called Terminator Zero coming at the end of this month. But it's Netflix so it's gonna to be hit or miss on whether it's good or not

Same

People look at my PFP and always assume that's all I'm interested in. When I have a wide variety of stuff I'm usually interested in that goes beyond Anime, Manga and Japanese Videogames

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Don't ask me for sources, but I believe a large part of his initial popularity was from promotional photos and appearances in the armor at live events before ESB was released theatrically. Like, a good sum of months before, it wasn't two week pre-launch hype pr tactics. Most authentic example of a character "making it," with the fans, damn the creator or his idea of the scope of said character be damned.

Don't ask me for sources, but I believe a large part of his initial popularity was from promotional photos and appearances in the armor at live events before ESB was released theatrically. Like, a good sum of months before, it wasn't two week pre-launch hype pr tactics. Most authentic example of a character "making it," with the fans, damn the creator or his idea of the scope of said character be damned.

I prefer Cad Bane way more than Boba Fett personally

Toons

I enjoyed BOBF except for rhe part where they turned it into a different show for two epsidoes.

Id much rather he not be second fiddle to Mando and get another crack at his own thing. And have boss show up. Him just killing a bunch if dudes is entertaining af, as it was in the finale. Doesnt need to be super complex.

Top Bottom