• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Animal

Banned
so i am madly in love with this game. I see so much potential. Yes it has issues but i remain optimistic.

I did something really stupid. i was browsing the commendation vendor and accidently right clicked an item i can't or ever will use. No warning came up like WoW's badge vendors. I made a support ticket but i havent gotten a reply yet.

Also, is anyone else impressed by their in-game help/ticket/support system? I find it really slick.

Moaradin

so i am madly in love with this game. I see so much potential. Yes it has issues but i remain optimistic.

I did something really stupid. i was browsing the commendation vendor and accidently right clicked an item i can't or ever will use. No warning came up like WoW's badge vendors. I made a support ticket but i havent gotten a reply yet.

Also, is anyone else impressed by their in-game help/ticket/support system? I find it really slick.

It will be nice once they add the live customer service.

Moaradin

So my in-game ticket is useless?

No? Your ticket will get answered after a couple days or so, but there is an option for Live agent chat, but it's greyed out. I imagine it would let you talk to someone live without waiting for a response a couple days later that you can't respond back to.

Animal

Banned
No? Your ticket will get answered after a couple days or so, but there is an option for Live agent chat, but it's greyed out. I imagine it would let you talk to someone live without waiting for a response a couple days later that you can't respond back to.

Ah I see thanks!

CzarTim

So my in-game ticket is useless?

When I messaged them about removing my iOS authenticatior so that I can use my physical one, I got an email explaining what an authenticatior is. When I replied saying I understand the concept, just need it removed from my account, they sent back the same damn email.

Emitan

When I messaged them about removing my iOS authenticatior so that I can use my physical one, I got an email explaining what an authenticatior is. When I replied saying I understand the concept, just need it removed from my account, they sent back the same damn email.

Damn support droid needs its restraining bolt removed.

Tendo

Does the DPS sith warrior class have a place? I don't know whether to go tank or DPS. I love the idea of cutting junk up with 2 sabers but I'm worried about finding groups later as a strictly DPS class.

Anyone with experience know which is more useful and/or fun?

zlatko

Banned
Thanks for all the posts from previous FFXI players to voice their opinions on the game currently.

I'm still a ways off from getting it myself, but I am genuinely curious about it. I spent probably a year+ on WoW and have gone back here and there, but it never reels me back in. FFXI on the other hand had a tight grip on me for 6ish years on and off.

I'm fine with SP focused content to get you to max level if its enjoyable and from what I gather the story stuff is good. However, if hitting max doesn't boost the difficulty just the right amount, then I feel I might be wasting my money.

Big damn shame FF14 bombed, and is still in shambles. I'll keep searching for a new MMO in my life, and it's only fair to give this one a shot too before Guild Wars 2 and TERA.

Jarmel

Banned
Does the DPS sith warrior class have a place? I don't know whether to go tank or DPS. I love the idea of cutting junk up with 2 sabers but I'm worried about finding groups later as a strictly DPS class.

Anyone with experience know which is more useful and/or fun?

I've had more problems finding groups as a tank. Supposedly the ideal party of 4 is one tank, one healer and two DPS. While there might be more DPS, there is more demand as well.

KaYotiX

Banned
Mandalorian FP was the first "hard" one that I've encountered as a tank. Im glad too because the first 2 are really easy.

Loving the game still :) worked all weekend so now I'll get 2-3 days to game.

For those that have been playing Trooper and Smuggler, what do you think about the story for those classes? I want a repub alt and those are the two im leaning towards.

Anyone have a fix for a weird fps drop in loading screens?

I usually get at least 40fps, but for some reason I will drop to like 4 or 8 fps at 20% in the load screen, it stutters for a few seconds, then goes back up to 40+ fps, and starts loading again.

I didnt have this problem in beta, or oddly enough during the first few days of early access, it was something new that came right before or right after the 20th.

mr stroke

Away from my main PC all day and didn't get a chance to log on during xmas.

Did Bioware decorate the world in Christmas today?

Filth

filllthy.jpg

level 38 Lord Filthy

I'm wanting to get into this but what's holding me back is how are a lot of people are talking about how lifeless the area's feel. Is this something that will probably be fixed in the future?

Morn

Banned
I'm wanting to get into this but what's holding me back is how are a lot of people are talking about how lifeless the area's feel. Is this something that will probably be fixed in the future?

It's not known if the middleware Hero Journey allows them to turn off or adjust the world instancing or not. Idea Fabrik claims it's scalable, but TOR is the first game to use it as Hero Quest was cancelled.

Moaradin

The Imperial Fleet has 200-300 people in it at a time with no instances, and it's a small area. The game can handle one instance planets easily since nobody will be in the same area at the same time.

Morn

Banned
The Imperial Fleet has 200-300 people in it at a time with no instances, and it's a small area. The game can handle one instance planets easily since nobody will be in the same area at the same time.

Which makes absolutely no sense as to why they instance the planets, making a completely empty and dead world.

It's not known if the middleware Hero Journey allows them to turn off or adjust the world instancing or not. Idea Fabrik claims it's scalable, but TOR is the first game to use it as Hero Quest was cancelled.

Oh, sorry, I was talking more about NPC's. It seems like just stand around and aren't even many of them around? I don't know, it's just what I've been reading.

Moaradin

Which makes absolutely no sense as to why they instance the planets, making a completely empty and dead world.

I remember a while back that they said they were keeping instances for launch and they would probably take them out once things settle down, or something like that. What I would like is to have all planets with one instance, then keep the other ones as backup if anything happened to the server.

Oh, sorry, I was talking more about NPC's. It seems like just stand around and aren't even many of them around? I don't know, it's just what I've been reading.

There is a lot of NPCs that talk to each other but they really don't repeat often. It's more of a couple minute cooldown instead of them talking every time you walk past them.

Almos finished in Dormund Kaas. Only got the mission to leave the planet. Very good missions so far, specially the ones involving
Darth Revan

Universaldamps

Neo Member
Quick question. I live in Aus, so purchasing the game digitally from Origin isn't viable (since they essentially block my IP). If I were to get my friend from the US to log into my Origin account and get him to purchase it, would there be any possible repercussions?

Good lvling with Trouble tonight.

Made a second character.. Jedi Sage. So I have a lvl 15 Jedi Sage and a Lvl 20 Jedi Sentinel. Kinda liking the Sage but I do totally loving taking my lightsabers into someones ass as my Sentinel.

Overrated Deadmines is getting praise in here. Shocking.

I very explicitly said that, compared to modern dungeon design, it's original incarnation is now pretty bad. But for it's time, being the first instance I ever did in an MMO, it completely blew me away. The level 85 heroic version is fucking awesome now too, particularly the hallucination buildup leading to the final boss fight. I can virtually guarantee there will not be anything like it in SWTOR for a long time to come.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Queued up for a warzone at level ten. Jump in and find myself fighting against level fifty characters.

Great idea Bioware.

Skirn

I'm really enjoying my Smuggler, but all this clamoring of how great the IA's storyline is is really makes me tempted to roll one. Nooo! :lol

It's a real shame that the EU guild got placed in the "official" spanish server. The queues are absolutely insane on the evenings, hence I rolled my Smuggler on Blood-something (Bloodthorn?). There are queues for that server as well, but at least they're only 15-20 minutes long. Anyone else playing there?

Alex

Heroic Deadmines is janky fluff, like most of WoW's scripted/vehicle based nonsense nowadays, their engine is just not made for that stuff and it makes mediocre Little Big Planet levels look professional with all of the floaty, makeshift physics and awkward moments.

The only time I really felt like they did something truly awesome with that vehicle system was Flame Leviathan (especially with towers, not super hard but very exciting stuff), but that was Ulduar so it goes without saying considering they sold the games soul in order to make the dungeon to end all dungeons, shoulda just rolled the credits after that one.

God damn, Ulduar was awesome.

matt05891

Absolutely loving this game. Played the beta and knew what to expect but once you hit level 10 (Like the beta) I was blown away again. Not playing huttball in pvp was definitely a highlight haha

Darklord

Banned
How do I improve my armstech? Where do I find the materials for it? I've reverse engineered some pistols but I'd need dozens to get enough and all the pistols I do have are too high to break down.

Skirn

How do I improve my armstech? Where do I find the materials for it? I've reverse engineered some pistols but I'd need dozens to get enough and all the pistols I do have are too high to break down.

Talk to an Armstech Trainer and buy new schematics. I might be wrong on this one, but I think Armstech gets materials for weapons from the Scavenging profession. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Darklord

Banned
Talk to an Armstech Trainer and buy new schematics. I might be wrong on this one, but I think Armstech gets materials for weapons from the Scavenging profession. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmm, if that's true I'll drop Underworld Trading and get that then.

FStop7

Banned
Well here's something that's never happened to me before in an MMO.

An ally of the Empire reached out to me for assistance with a request. I denied the request because I was busy doing other stuff and figured who cares. Turns out that had huge consequences. I damaged the Empire's alliance and I got chewed out by an Imperial colonel and then my sith master literally yelled at and threatened to kill me. I really fucked things up. It's not often that your actions in a game feel like they carry real consequences, particularly not in MMOs. My first instinct was to re-load a save and do things over and then I realized... yeah, I can't do that. What's done is done.

Top Bottom