• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

after years of trying, i think it's finally happened. i think i've FINALLY gotten addicted to an MMO! really surprised that this was the game that did it, but yeah, i'm really enjoying this shit.

i'm soloing way too much though. i need to get more social in this game. i'm thinking of starting an imperial character from level 1 on the server gaf is playing on. would anyone be interested in rolling around with me? i haven't done very much partying apart from a single flashpoint.

Izayoi

Banned
The level 40 PVP stuff for Trooper looks great.

izayoif3j0w.png

Does anyone know how to remove the framerate cap of 111?
Quoting for new page.

Testing using my brother's account. I'm either gonna roll Imperial Agent or Bounty Hunter. How is the healing with Agent? Is it fun? Does this game have a lot of solo/5-man content? I will not have time for raiding.

Testing using my brother's account. I'm either gonna roll Imperial Agent or Bounty Hunter. How is the healing with Agent? Is it fun? Does this game have a lot of solo/5-man content? I will not have time for raiding.

Game gives you companions who can tank for you, allowing for more possibilities for soloing.

They also throw a low level instanced dungeon at you around level 10 that you can beat with 2-4 people, and they seem to keep coming at regular intervals. i'm not far enough in the game to even know if raids exist in this game yet, but i've been soloing so far and having a blast.

FStop7

Banned
I am in what I assume is the final boss battle for chapter 1 of the Inquisitor storyline and I am just getting my ass handed to me so badly. I don't know how I'm going to be able to possibly win this fight unless I grind up like 3 or 4 more levels, which is going to be miserable.

I am in what I assume is the final boss battle for chapter 1 of the Inquisitor storyline and I am just getting my ass handed to me so badly. I don't know how I'm going to be able to possibly win this fight unless I grind up like 3 or 4 more levels, which is going to be miserable.

Bring a friend...

TheYanger

Is slicing only effective once I get multiple companions?

Slicing starts paying off immediately. I grouped with a friend through coruscant (dromund Kass for empire) so we just neither used our companions, once you get through the prologue you get a protocol droid that can craft freely since he sucks.

Ken

Slicing starts paying off immediately. I grouped with a friend through coruscant (dromund Kass for empire) so we just neither used our companions, once you get through the prologue you get a protocol droid that can craft freely since he sucks.
I've been sending my lone companion on low level missions with lockbox rewards and usually has less credits than the mission fee. I'm guessing I should just keep leveling his slicing for better missions?

autobzooty said:
i'm soloing way too much though. i need to get more social in this game. i'm thinking of starting an imperial character from level 1 on the server gaf is playing on. would anyone be interested in rolling around with me? i haven't done very much partying apart from a single flashpoint.

Yeah, possibly. Keller's Void?I usually run solo too.

TheYanger

I've been sending my lone companion on low level missions with lockbox rewards and usually has less credits than the mission fee. I'm guessing I should just keep leveling his slicing for better missions?

I've found levelling my alt that even low level slicings are profitable, it's just not much (like a 20 credit profit). It's definitely LESS profitable running orange missions and failing sometimes, but that's how you level. That said, slicing doesn't need to get higher to pay off, it ALWAYS pays off, it just pays bigger dividends at higher levels.

I've been sending my lone companion on low level missions with lockbox rewards and usually has less credits than the mission fee. I'm guessing I should just keep leveling his slicing for better missions?.

You lose every once in a while in slicing missions, but just keep doing them as in the long run you always end up making more money than what you invest.

i ended up starting a jedi knight after finding out that the imperial agent, who i was mainly interested in, is a mirror to the Smuggler that i've been maining for a while now. looking to get a little variety in.

if you wanna roll on the light side of the force though, hit me up tomorrow. i'm "bzooty" on Keller's Void.

Finally got my mount. Oh thank god, I hate running in MMO's.

I was happy for those stolen speeders on Nar Shadda when I got theire before I had my mount.

I've had more problems finding groups as a tank. Supposedly the ideal party of 4 is one tank, one healer and two DPS. While there might be more DPS, there is more demand as well.

There seems to be ton of tanks, and also even if not spec for it, lot of the characters due to heavy armor and endurance padding work just as well as tanks, just they don't have aggro abilities.

Healers are what are always in demand and take the longest to get

Slicing will get a serious nerf or...

I don't really understand the idea behind a pofession that generates only money. Won't this make the economy collapse? Inflation?

It also gets you augments and has chances of other things being gained like unlocking other missions for other classes.

It seems to be the lazy profession put in for those who don't want to really craft to make money, but really since you can have three professions it kinda lets most people all take slicing without feeling gimped.

Yea I imagine and hope it gets nerfed really, it feels like I'm cheating.

Yeeeah, I can't see Slicing staying the way it is forever. Not with the kinds of numbers I've seen compared to the other professions.
Time to roll an alt while the getting is good.

Yeeeah, I can't see Slicing staying the way it is forever. Not with the kinds of numbers I've seen compared to the other professions.
Time to roll an alt while the getting is good.

People were expecting and calling for nerfs on it back in beta and it surprisingly didn't get one. Hopefully the economies start going downhill to get more people bickering about it, and that the metrics show how many people are doing it for instant riches.

gatti-man

Do space flight missions and flashpoints. Still a 4 lvl grind wont be fun. Is your equipment good?

Won

I actually dropped slicing after getting my Speeder to try out one of the actual crafting profession, but I am about to pick it up again. I need credits. My crew needs something to do. Everybody wins.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Well here's something that's never happened to me before in an MMO.

An ally of the Empire reached out to me for assistance with a request. I denied the request because I was busy doing other stuff and figured who cares. Turns out that had huge consequences. I damaged the Empire's alliance and I got chewed out by an Imperial colonel and then my sith master literally yelled at and threatened to kill me. I really fucked things up. It's not often that your actions in a game feel like they carry real consequences, particularly not in MMOs. My first instinct was to re-load a save and do things over and then I realized... yeah, I can't do that. What's done is done.

Yea theres been a couple instances similar to that for me playing Lightside Imperial. i dont think ive run across that particular event yet though. Also some Lightside choices can get you high praise from the Empire. There was one quest where killing someone was the Darkside choice. i however chose to let him live and have him expose the illegal activities of the Republic on the galactic stage. The Empire really loved embarrassing the Republic.

Zafir

I had 300k before I got a level 40 mount. I don't have slicing though, and I don't really plan on ditching the crew skills that I have for it. Maybe I should level my alt a bit in slicing, hm.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
im level 25 and am currently at 343 Slicing. i have 99k after buying my mount and stuff. Now i also have Biochem and Bioanalysis but for the stuff i want Biochem for (the blue and purple reusable Medpacs and Stims) i need components from Diplomacy missions. ive probably spent 50k on mats just to level up my Biochem and find those schematics (takes a lot of Reverse Engineering).

Can't believe I went Inquisitor after playing my IA. So fucking good. I love the starting area, and so far the story is so much more interesting. Blasters are much more fun.

darksunpr

When I messaged them about removing my iOS authenticatior so that I can use my physical one, I got an email explaining what an authenticatior is. When I replied saying I understand the concept, just need it removed from my account, they sent back the same damn email.

Wait I have an android phone with the authenticator and I change my rom on a two week basis more or less, does that means I'm fucked? :/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
If you remove a crafting or gathering skill, do you lose all your exp/leveling or do you keep them? I have it on arch, underworld, and synth, but I really want to try out this slicing.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
What is the name of the European Guild on the Republic side?
Nobody has his character name entered there and the link also doesn't show the name.

Darklord

Banned
Fucking lame. Did Mandalorian Run for the first time and got up to the 2nd boss with the group of Republic(The 2 jedi and 2 troopers). Easily the hardest bit of that flashpoint, died twice but finally beat them.

Our reward? Nothing. The chest glitched and didn't unlock.

Anno

For the Jedi Knight folks out there, who went down which path? They both seem pretty attractive. I'm leaning towards Guardian because I like to tank, but I've heard mixed reports of their ability to do so.

Won

I think I need to level my Vanguard. There are like zero tanks on my server. Especially surprised at the low number of Guardians. Everyone wants to dual wield it seems.

Sanjuro

I don't want a rig, but I would love to find a cheap machine that could simply play this at a consistent frame rate. On a Mobility Radeon 4570. PLAYABLE at the lowest two resolutions, but there are times where the FPS just dips too far. :'(

pfkas

I'm interested in re-rolling on the GAF server, queues be damned. Would I be right in thinking that a properly specced Bounty Hunter can hold his own as a healer, as that is what I am interested in and it would be a first for me.

Top Bottom