• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Pimpbaa

Can see why they were afraid to put in more exotic races, when your twilek lekku completely disappear in various helmets. Course if they didn't care about the Twilek, why care about other races with crap on their head.

You can't hide your helmet like other mmorpgs?

Jarmel

Banned
Yay! Now there's a bug where I can't get into Flashpoints.

Oh and so far(Athiss, Hammer and Raiders) other than BT, all of them have been shit.

Anno

I love that you can leap off of the ledge in Coruscant and fall to your death. It may not be the most exploratory MMO ever, but I appreciated there being no invisible walls.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The game is so packed with ways to level.. questing, dailies, PVP, Flashpoints, space combat.. it is so very easy to get over-leveled.

i just got done with Balmorra. i enjoyed the planet but i have to say.. i needed a break from it. It just kept going and going and going. i almost skipped it and went straight to Nar Shaddaa because the details said Balmorra was like 17-20 or whatever and i had just hit 21 leaving Dromund Kaas. i figured it would be quick but it took me all the way to 26. A couple quests had gone grey but most were filling my XP bar like no tomorrow. i think the main thing that gave the fatigue is you do this huge chain and things are done and as you are leaving to fly away.. guess what? You are needed once again lol

Nar Shaddaa im loving so far. i like the whole city planet, gang warfare thing. Nothing i love more than destroying Exchange chumps.

Truant

I have a weird graphical bug.

Some shadowed areas (like, shadows cast from cliffs and trees) give me weird squares under every character and NPC, that moves with them. The square has the ordinary lit ground, as well as the character shadows. Anyone else have this?

28mfC.jpg

vaelic

Banned
The game is so packed with ways to level.. questing, dailies, PVP, Flashpoints, space combat.. it is so very easy to get over-leveled.

i just got done with Balmorra. i enjoyed the planet but i have to say.. i needed a break from it. It just kept going and going and going. i almost skipped it and went straight to Nar Shaddaa because the details said Balmorra was like 17-20 or whatever and i had just hit 21 leaving Dromund Kaas. i figured it would be quick but it took me all the way to 26. A couple quests had gone grey but most were filling my XP bar like no tomorrow. i think the main thing that gave the fatigue is you do this huge chain and things are done and as you are leaving to fly away.. guess what? You are needed once again lol

Nar Shaddaa im loving so far. i like the whole city planet, gang warfare thing. Nothing i love more than destroying Exchange chumps.

Nar shada is a clone of coruscant

Ohwiseone

Whelp, I am running the game through bootcamp on my Macbook (bearly)

This will have to do till I can buy a big PC.

However, I am happy to finally be able to get the game and play it.

Anno

Finally off of Coruscant on my Sage. Kinda worried about running through that place again anytime soon on another character. It was just too long. In the future I may just run through my story quests and ignore some of the side stuff in order to keep my sanity.

Vestal

Finally off of Coruscant on my Sage. Kinda worried about running through that place again anytime soon on another character. It was just too long. In the future I may just run through my story quests and ignore some of the side stuff in order to keep my sanity.

Hmm assuming Jedi Knight quest length is comparable to Sage then you are in for a surprise when you reach tatooine..

Size and length comparison between tatooine and Corusant...

Tatooine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Corusant

Ceebs

Ok, so I decided to give this a spin for the 30 days at least. Now my question is this: I have a terrible internet connection and was wondering if I run out and grab the retail disc will the download still be gigantic or will it just be the patches?

Not sure what is actually on the disc I can go buy.

timkunedo

I've learned to admire the Sith through the Sith Warrior story of SWTOR. I look at them totally different now. I mean they are still ***holes, but still......

Spruchy

Ok, so I decided to give this a spin for the 30 days at least. Now my question is this: I have a terrible internet connection and was wondering if I run out and grab the retail disc will the download still be gigantic or will it just be the patches?

Not sure what is actually on the disc I can go buy.

All I had was a small patch (150ish mb).

Poker360

I decided to get this game..

I got to level 11, Now i have no desire at all to ever play it again. Not entirely sure why, but having a near dead server probably doesn't help

Izayoi

Banned
Not really. Just discouraging people from asking for free xp.
It says rewards for winning are increased, but they're still being cut down to below what you get for losing currently (due to the completion reward cut). The rift between winning and losing is being increased, yes, but why make the overall decrease so big?

Izayoi

Banned
Is the North American GAF server busy? I'd like to know I can easily find a team if no one on GAF is playing much.
I don't know. I play on Warriors of the Shadow. Always has queue, but the server is packed and there are always people around (at least in low level areas - Hoth is still pretty barren right now).

mik83kuu

Banned
Almost burnt myself out today in Balmorra. I'm glad I got out before I got to the point where I would have uninstalled the game. Now I landed in Tatooine and it's looking much more enjoyable. I basically ran past 99% of Nar Shaddaa and did just the class quests and two other quest lines.

Anno

Hmm assuming Jedi Knight quest length is comparable to Sage then you are in for a surprise when you reach tatooine..

Size and length comparison between tatooine and Corusant...

Tatooine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Corusant

Yeah, so I've heard. Honestly I think I'll like it better just because it isn't a neverending city. Plus there might be Jawas, and I like me some Jawas.

daoster

They still haven't fixed the bug that turns on Corso Rigg's harpoon shot every single time after I send him on a slicing mission...or every single time I log back on...

I hate you Corso!!

Top Bottom