• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

CAW

If/when they open up server transfers, I'll prob transfer a character to the empire GAF server. Depending of course on the price and if I'm still subscribed at that point. Or if there is even still a guild whenever they add that feature. :p

zlatko

Banned
Her point was, in reply to Billychu, that she too hasn't been playing as much because the game isn't holding her interest. It's quite common at this stage with a lot of people just feeling "been there, done that" with the game and I believe that was her point. She hasn't given up on it, but she's not playing full time (or he - just going off the avatar ).

Thought that was obvious but I guess not.

Rule #1 of MMO's and the internet-There are no girls on the internet. Just neckbearded males who want your hard earned virtual money bucks.

jersoc

I can't believe how fun Imperial Agent is to play. Turned it into an operative last night, and now I'm confused on which skill tree to commit to.

I assume:

Left(healing) is for PvE support focus, as well as PvP support.
Middle(concealment) is for PvP DPS
Right(lethality) is for PvE DPS.

I'm doing the middle tree right now. Is that the best one to do to 50, or should I stick with the right most tree until 50, then swap to middle since I'm not sure how much PvP I'll get in on as I roll to 50.

yeah, it's a lot of fun. I'm doing concealment too and totally rock thing. Elites were a bit challenging to begin with because I was use to just healing my companion from playing my sage. But once i started to get gear and more skills they've become a bit easier.

the main reason I picked concealment is because it's more melee focused. so I can stay mobile and still dish some damage. I hate having to stand still in pvp i feel totally open to attack.

zlatko

Banned
yeah, it's a lot of fun. I'm doing concealment too and totally rock thing. Elites were a bit challenging to begin with because I was use to just healing my companion from playing my sage. But once i started to get gear and more skills they've become a bit easier.

the main reason I picked concealment is because it's more melee focused. so I can stay mobile and still dish some damage. I hate having to stand still in pvp i feel totally open to attack.

Yeah I picked it for the same reason. Being a stealthy character who can heal and do range damage? That just sounds bad ass and broken as heck on paper. xD

frequency

Her point was, in reply to Billychu, that she too hasn't been playing as much because the game isn't holding her interest. It's quite common at this stage with a lot of people just feeling "been there, done that" with the game and I believe that was her point. She hasn't given up on it, but she's not playing full time (or he - just going off the avatar ).

Thought that was obvious but I guess not.

It was very obvious to me.
And I'm ESL.
So...

Replies came off to me as somewhat defensive.
Also so sick of calling people on being Junior. That means absolutely nothing. It comes off as elitist.

Also, white light saber looks like a fluorescent tube.

To clarify republic gaf is not predominately pve, we certainly do a lot of HM FPs and have done some ops but we do quite a lot of pvp also so you'll be able to find lots of fellow pvpers if that's your forte.

Also, if you're rolling on KE with us I will say we mainly need healers and ranged dps though obviously you can roll whatever you'd like.

Emitan

Should I drop slicing for cybertech? I'm already making serious bank on selling cybertech mats (already have it's gathering and mission skill) so Slicing isn't terribly useful.

Sokantish

Well if you got all that money you could just buy the mats off the auction house, but I hear you. I heard people say Cybertech is pretty good too. I have Armormech right now, don't really like it. The craftable stuff isn't even that great.

Teknoman

It was very obvious to me.
And I'm ESL.
So...

Replies came off to me as somewhat defensive.
Also so sick of calling people on being Junior. That means absolutely nothing. It comes off as elitist.

Also, white light saber looks like a fluorescent tube.

Kinda reminds me of the beam katana blade on No More Heroes. Looking at that, i'd rather have a yellow, orange, or some blue/green variation of color. I wonder if there is a black crystal...

frequency

Kinda reminds me of the beam katana blade on No More Heroes. Looking at that, i'd rather have a yellow, orange, or some blue/green variation of color. I wonder if there is a black crystal...

All I can think about are Freezie Pops... Mmmm... Delicious.

I think I've seen one that was black, but had a yellow glow.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
I apologize Tess3ract, I looked over Billuchu's post. That guy isn't very interesting though in my defense. lol jk billy <3.

Sokantish

It's not as good as it was before the nerf. But I see jedi shadows with like 50k+ healing in warzones sometimes and that's all from biochem, it can really save you a lot. It's not like you NEED it though, if you have a preference for another crew skill then just go for it.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Biochem medpac isn't THAT amazing in pvp anymore (it used to be a godsend). What I love about it is that it gives me an infinite adrenal and stim (free 130 str and 50ish power) and I'm that guy that hates farming mats or having to constantly buy stims/adrenals. Makes my life easier.

CzarTim

Biochem medpac isn't THAT amazing in pvp anymore (it used to be a godsend). What I love about it is that it gives me an infinite adrenal and stim (free 130 str and 50ish power) and I'm that guy that hates farming mats or having to constantly buy stims/adrenals. Makes my life easier.

Yeah, that's the benefit. I have my rat. heal/stim/adrenaline now, so I don't need to pay for or craft any of those again. From here on out I can sell everything I make.

Last night I stumbled across a quest in voss called "The Trials". There's a similar one in the same area which is a Heroic 4 called "Trials of the First", but this one is different.

Best quest in the fucking game so far, hands down. The visuals blew me away and I was actually for once worried about the consequences if I failed the quest. Plus the mobs were really hard, at least for me, so I thought I might actually fail it. For any 50s that missed it, it's worth making sure you find it on a second playthrough.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ok what the hell, I entered in my product registration code and it still says its not completed.

After it accepts your cd key you have to complete this:

pdxOH.jpg

Patryn

I'm going to be running the Maelstrom Prison FP Monday at 9 p.m. EST on Keller's Void, if any Republic players would like to join me.

It's a level 37 FP, and you need to have finished Taral V first. If you haven't finished Taral V, I'd be happy to group up and run through it with you and a group.

Apologies if I sounded whiny in the chat tonight, just been looking forward to trying that FP, given the KOTOR connections.

CzarTim

I'm going to be running the Maelstrom Prison FP Monday at 9 p.m. EST on Keller's Void, if any Republic players would like to join me.

It's a level 37 FP, and you need to have finished Taral V first. If you haven't finished Taral V, I'd be happy to group up and run through it with you and a group.

Apologies if I sounded whiny in the chat tonight, just been looking forward to trying that FP, given the KOTOR connections.

Try making a thread here: http://torgaf.com

Tess3ract

Banned
*is hanging out in mumble while playing rift*
"Hey, does anyone want to do Nightmare mode Kagarra?"
"do you need a dps?"
"yes"
*logs in, one shots the boss*
"hey you're not saved to Soa, lets do that but on hard mode because he's buggy"
*we one shot it*
*logs off and starts homework*

JJBro One

ya I just entered in my registration code that came with my collector's edition and it's still not checked off. If I try to enter it again it tells me that it's in use.
ok for a minute it said I have redeemed the code. I tried to subscribe an error occurred now it's the redemption of the code is unchecked again.

Top Bottom