• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Nice dude, I'm getting ready to roll something on KV republic, we'll have to hit some stuff up together.

From what I can tell, GAF republic seems to be more interested in PVE / raiding stuff and GAF empire has a higher population and more PVP focused.

That's not say GAF republic doesn't care about PVP, people are doing them left and right, but unless I'm wrong (which there's always ag ood chance of since I don't have a char on GAF empire), republic is a little more interested in PVE and raiding. It's still difficult to get enough people on at the right time to put together or schedule ops, but there's more people approaching 50 pretty quickly, and the interest is definitely there, so hopefully it'll happen soon if that's something you're interested in.

CzarTim

From what I can tell, GAF republic seems to be more interested in PVE / raiding stuff and GAF empire has a higher population and more PVP focused.

That's not say GAF republic doesn't care about PVP, people are doing them left and right, but unless I'm wrong (which there's always ag ood chance of since I don't have a char on GAF empire), republic is a little more interested in PVE and raiding. It's still difficult to get enough people on at the right time to put together or schedule ops, but there's more people approaching 50 pretty quickly, and the interest is definitely there, so hopefully it'll happen soon if that's something you're interested in.

Trouble and I do a good deal of PVP. I've had a cold this week, so I haven't been on as much.

Teknoman

It looks like a good mix on the imperial side since i'm always seeing people ask about partying up for FPs. Later on at night anyway, havent had the chance to play in the evening yet.

gatti-man

It looks like a good mix on the imperial side since i'm always seeing people ask about partying up for FPs. Later on at night anyway, havent had the chance to play in the evening yet.

Im usually on from midnight to 3am cst. But even at 9am cst theres usually a few doing something lol.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Almost nothing in this genre has delivered on being massive in ages, it's all glorified Diablo with live updates.

This doesn't really bug me, though. It'd be nice to get another sandbox title some time though, provided it's something actually good, like old school UO or the such.

Have you checked out Archage? It's Korean but it looks like a great mix of sandbox and themepark. You can do stuff like plant your own forests and build houses anywhere. Plus there are 2 or 3 continents but everything is seamless, you can sail ships from one continent to another. There are even ship to ship battles.

It's in beta now. No word yet on a NA distributor but it will be coming eventually.

Trouble

Banned
Trouble and I do a good deal of PVP. I've had a cold this week, so I haven't been on as much.
We actually did Ilum today (got my daily). Had an ops group and dominated the center node for quite some time. It was actually quite fun. I want to start going there more, but it does require someone to organize an op.

Alex

I'm having some oddball bug where with vsync on, if I drop at all below 60 it caps me to 30 until it can hit a full 60 again. Anyone ever have anything like that?

Milly79

If GAF pub is mainly PvE then maybe I should switch. I can't do pvp on my computer and it's pretty hard to do anything with the other 50s as they're all geared and mainly pvp or roll with each other in raids.

Havok

Nice dude, I'm getting ready to roll something on KV republic, we'll have to hit some stuff up together.
Sounds like a plan. I actually haven't seen most of the group content in the game since I started doing almost entirely solo stuff plus a warzone here and there at about level 25, so it'll be a nice change of pace.

Ended up getting to 8 on my trooper tonight. I forgot how fast the early levels fly by.

DTX3

Neo Member
hey everyone...we've been getting alot of new lvl 50's in our guild (gaf empire) and ive been seeing a few people being bothered by the fact that the veteran 50's dont want to help out the new lvl 50's in gearing up in the HM flashpoints. im sure we all just wanna start raiding and doing the harder stuff but plz lets also try and help out our new lvl 50 guildies as well because they are getting discouraged because no one is willing to help. i try to help our guildies as much as i can but im only 1 person in a guild with 236 member atm. so lets all help each other out when we get a chance so we can get more and more people raiding :)

Mairu

hey everyone...we've been getting alot of new lvl 50's in our guild (gaf empire) and ive been seeing a few people being bothered by the fact that the veteran 50's dont want to help out the new lvl 50's in gearing up in the HM flashpoints. im sure we all just wanna start raiding and doing the harder stuff but plz lets also try and help out our new lvl 50 guildies as well because they are getting discouraged because no one is willing to help. i try to help our guildies as much as i can but im only 1 person in a guild with 236 member atm. so lets all help each other out when we get a chance so we can get more and more people raiding :)

I don't play on the GAF server but it's probably easier and faster to just do the normal ops instead of the HM flashpoints

They're actually easier and much less time consuming with better rewards :/

Ken

Sounds like a plan. I actually haven't seen most of the group content in the game since I started doing almost entirely solo stuff plus a warzone here and there at about level 25, so it'll be a nice change of pace.

Ended up getting to 8 on my trooper tonight. I forgot how fast the early levels fly by.

Cool, nice to see some HaloGAF on the Republic.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Some clown has apparently found the White Saber Crystal:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=245809

Also someone in here was talking about purchasing a Magenta one for a couple hundred thousand. Please don't - they're so ridiculously easy to get, just find someone to cut it once you do.

Why is he a clown?

I think it looks pretty sweet.

vL5v7.jpg

gatti-man

Im not discouraged but it would be nice to do some HMs.i still need some normal fps too like battle for illum :-/

StudioTan

Anybody who does shit like this, brags about it, and refuses to share info about where the item comes from is a clown.

He's the first one to find it. Wouldn't you brag?

He also posted on Reddit that he's making a walkthrough video for it but it's been less than a day since he found it.

Personally I rarely read guides and walkthroughs anyway. The fun is finding this stuff for yourself, not following a set of instructions.

He's the first one to find it. Wouldn't you brag?

He also posted on Reddit that he's making a walkthrough video for it but it's been less than a day since he found it.

Personally I rarely read guides and walkthroughs anyway. The fun is finding this stuff for yourself, not following a set of instructions.

I wouldn't brag unless I was prepared to share the secret. Otherwise it just looks childish.

He says he's making a walkthrough video, but then he said it was a world drop. Why do you need a video walkthrough to type out the name and location of an enemy?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wouldn't brag unless I was prepared to share the secret. Otherwise it just looks childish.

He says he's making a walkthrough video, but then he said it was a world drop. Why do you need a video walkthrough to type out the name and location of an enemy?
Might be in a section of a map that isn't easy to get to?

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Empire GAF assemble (on Keller's void)! Doing 16 mans Tues/Thurs. at 10 PM eastern. This is your chance to get gear or get in on the endgame if you're one of those 50s in the guild that doesn't like pvp and doesn't get a spot for 8 man operations. Normal mode is pretty easy so there's really no gear requirement, but it's good to start socketing oranges with epic mods from the AH/dailies and getting some pvp/ez hardmode pieces.

daoster

Okay now Republic GAF needs to schedule raids too!

The problem is...do we have enough healers for a large group? I think we have two active ones...and the couple of scoundrels that recently turned level 50, I don't see them as much on anymore :(

But yeah, I'd be down. I want to check out some of the ops, since I haven't done those yet.

The problem is...do we have enough healers for a large group? I think we have two active ones...and the couple of scoundrels that recently turned level 50, I don't see them as much on anymore :(

But yeah, I'd be down. I want to check out some of the ops, since I haven't done those yet.

We have enough, but they're not always on at the right time. Hence the need for scheduling!

When asking for invites, it's MUCH easier and quicker to type

/who then look up GAF on both Pub and Emp. Because chances are high if a officer is on playing the game...they're not going to be on neogaf.com.

Ken

When asking for invites, it's MUCH easier and quicker to type

/who then look up GAF on both Pub and Emp. Because chances are high if a officer is on playing the game...they're not going to be on neogaf.com.
Everyone on KV Rep. Is capable of sending out guild invites so there's that.

CzarTim

Would people be interested if I set up a forum web site that services all four GAF guilds can use? (Different sections for each guild).

Might make scheduling easier.

Emitan

Would people be interested if I set up a forum web site that services all four GAF guilds can use? (Different sections for each guild).

Might make scheduling easier.

I'd be interested.

Also, I haven't been playing too much in the last few days. Taking a little break, plus playing other stuff. Definitely not tired of this game. I'm super ADD and never put large amounts of time into games and yet I've put ~80 hours into this one, excluding beta! I can't play it nonstop!

zlatko

Banned
I can't believe how fun Imperial Agent is to play. Turned it into an operative last night, and now I'm confused on which skill tree to commit to.

I assume:

Left(healing) is for PvE support focus, as well as PvP support.
Middle(concealment) is for PvP DPS
Right(lethality) is for PvE DPS.

I'm doing the middle tree right now. Is that the best one to do to 50, or should I stick with the right most tree until 50, then swap to middle since I'm not sure how much PvP I'll get in on as I roll to 50.

Zafir

Screw that +10 stat holocron! 4 hours...
Took us two nights, first night two of our party members couldn't get it because it didn't seem to like body type 3. Second night we took a sorcerer who wasn't body type 3 so we could pull the two up, lol.

CAW

m4NmB.png
WkFBK.png

Stuff like that bothers me for some reason. If I would have known his face would break through the helm, I would have selected the model that didn't have the facial skin hanging down or whatever that is. I'm guessing it's going to be the same for each helm. :(

CAW

Her point was, in reply to Billychu, that she too hasn't been playing as much because the game isn't holding her interest. It's quite common at this stage with a lot of people just feeling "been there, done that" with the game and I believe that was her point. She hasn't given up on it, but she's not playing full time (or he - just going off the avatar ).

Thought that was obvious but I guess not.

Top Bottom