• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

gatti-man

How many hours have you played?

I am almost at 10 days played, that would be almost 240 hours, I am averaging about 4.5 hours per day since Dec. 15.

Before you ask yes I have a fulltime job and yes I have a family.

My habit is around 3 hours a day. I just have to get my dailies done. Once i have full bm i will slow down.

demented

2 things from those patch notes:

Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.

did they just break Ilum more? 30 empire players vs 2 republic as it often is on my server, what then? Or do we just play at certain hour when there's higher amount of republic there(which is rare) in hope I get few kills, and isn't there like a thing when you kill one guy you don't get any valor or armaments on 2nd kill from him?

Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced. Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations.
Commendation rewards for Hard Mode Flashpoint daily and weekly missions and Operation weekly missions have been increased.

I really shouldn't have started playing at launch, in few months it will be all much easier and more polished so I've been getting worked up and pissed off over nothing :|

Oh well, we'll see I guess, got 50 days left on sub.

Also one thing I noticed from other forums/places, if you write your opinion about this game and it has anything negative in it you get called a troll and all sort of names right away o_O
I guess I'm just tired of same mechanics and everything after 6 years of WoW and expected something more casual and not doing daily quests(daily commendations, hm, warzones, ilum) for 6+ hours a day and then raid for few hours on few nights, trying to work this out and see if I can enjoy the game more somehow. Got bored of hm flashpoints quickly too, I'm just too burned out on this kind of mmo I guess.
Friend who made me buy the game quitting after 3 days didn't help.

---

And to answer myself, why would I do all those daily stuff for so long?
Why do daily commendation, daily/weekly HMs? Well to get best loot I can, but if I don't enjoy that and bored of repeating it daily why do it at all?
Guess that's what expected and thing you do, doesn't seem like there's anything else if you wanna have good PVE gear, until you get HM raids gear.
But if I'm not enjoying it why do it at all?
Well I don't know, guess I don't know any better :|

Same goes for pvp, why cause yourself severe anger issues with losing 20 games in a row and not being able to finish 3 wins daily, to get better pvp gear.
But that will grow same old quickly, even with premade after few weeks I'll just get bored.

Hmmmm, I guess I just wish I didn't have 50 days left and now spending too much time trying to justify playing this game and trying to find things to like or do. I'm sort of person who can't just let things go, now that I have it and time on it I MUST play it, even though I haven't too much lately but I do end up thinking about this a lot instead.

Sorry for this little self talk, can ignore everything after 6th line.

I know I asked about the Nvidia yesterday, but I decided to go with a different card. How will it run on this setup? Q6600 2.4 quad core, asus eah6870 1gb, 4gb ram.

I'm sure it will be leaps and bounds better than my 08 Macbook. High would be nice, but medium would be perfectly ok.

That should run SWTOR quite well.

Tacitus_

Probably close to 15 days combined. Haven't been playing that much lately since we figured out our raid times and I only log on those + weekends now that I've gotten the fever out of my system.
or more like burned out on the poor quests after doing dailies and leveling an alt to max

Emitan

It's not that outrageous, everyone's situation is different. For example, I have the luxury of being able to play from work sometimes. Not a ton, but maybe like 1-1.5 hours a day. When I get home, kid goes to sleep at 9 and mom goes to sleep with him. So then I'm free again from like 9 - whenever, usually about 2AM is when I log for the night.

I know, it's just so easy

When I play Monster Hunter Tri my average play session is probably 5 hours so it's not like i don't do the same thing. my SWTOR sessions are probably just as long.

Yes now you are correct ;)

I think Sorcs can expect a nerf soonish.

Can't come soon enough. I don't get that they nerf bat Operative before Soc. Now every Huttball I am in, you can always tell which side will win by the numbers of Soc they have on their team. If they have more Soc. most likely they will win.

Giolon

Bioware Changes cooldown animation to leave abilities lit up for the duration:

Players: OMG YOU BROKE IT I CAN'T SEE WHAT'S ON LONG COOLDOWN AND WHAT'S NOT

Bioware Changes cooldown to darken skills like it used to be:

Players: OMG I CAN'T SEE ANY OF MY SKILLS ON WHAT BUTTONS ANYMORE. CHANGE IT BACK TO LIT UP

Won

Players: OMG I CAN'T SEE ANY OF MY SKILLS ON WHAT BUTTONS ANYMORE. CHANGE IT BACK TO LIT UP

It's like different players, have different UI preferences. Seems to blow a lot of minds at Bioware.

Emitan

It's like different players, have different UI preferences. Seems to blow a lot of minds at Bioware.

What can they do then? Alternate them every day? One day highlighters can play, the next, hotkeyers can play? They're screwed!

MAYBE THEY SHOULD USE THE OPTIONS MENU THAT KEEPS GETTING FEATURES REMOVED

Mairu

If only it was possible to set your preferences for how things were displayed in the interface. What a crazy idea!

I just canceled my subscription yesterday :( It's not that I dislike the game, but I don't really play it anymore and I don't have much to do. I've been running 8 man HM Ops once a week and that's about the only thing I've done for the past few weeks. I've lost interest in the pvp grind and there's not enough other content that I'm interested in. I might reactivate in the future when there's more to do.

Tacitus_

This game needs the UI customization patch so badly. The Heavy Fabricator boss in Karagga is absolutely awful to do with these crappy buffbars.
.. not to mention that the droid has a dance fever and is a bitch to control

gatti-man

If only it was possible to set your preferences for how things were displayed in the interface. What a crazy idea!

I just canceled my subscription yesterday :( It's not that I dislike the game, but I don't really play it anymore and I don't have much to do. I've been running 8 man HM Ops once a week and that's about the only thing I've done for the past few weeks. I've lost interest in the pvp grind and there's not enough other content that I'm interested in. I might reactivate in the future when there's more to do.

I dont know why i like the pvp grind but i really do. I guess im just too competitive to let it go.

What can they do then? Alternate them every day? One day highlighters can play, the next, hotkeyers can play? They're screwed!

MAYBE THEY SHOULD USE THE OPTIONS MENU THAT KEEPS GETTING FEATURES REMOVED

Customizable / scriptable UI and addon system would be a start.

I dont know why i like the pvp grind but i really do. I guess im just too competitive to let it go.
Me too! It also doesn't hurt being a pvp tank. Getting medals can be quite fast. I earn 8-10 medals per match which tends to put me on the top of the scoreboard, it's really addicting.

Zafir

I was enjoying the pvp grind until I got into the 50s. The amount of valor required starts to rocket up. Just at rank 58 now, and I dunno whether I'll make it to 60.

Mairu

I was enjoying the pvp grind until I got into the 50s. The amount of valor required starts to rocket up. Just at rank 58 now, and I dunno whether I'll make it to 60.

I'm 58 (and I wasn't on during the week of the great valor day of broken ilum) and I don't really have any motivation to push to 60 before my subscription runs out ;/

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
I'm 58 (and I wasn't on during the week of the great valor day of broken ilum) and I don't really have any motivation to push to 60 before my subscription runs out ;/

Yeah I got to 53ish and just stopped pvping for 3-4 hours a day. I'm at like 55 now, two weeks later.

Zafir

Yeah, I haven't done any of the Ilum farming. Playing with 5FPS isn't my idea of fun. I wish I could do it though. My friend went there pretty often, he logs on at midday when the daily first resets and manages to get about 20k valor while everyones there doing the daily. Far quicker than getting valor through warzones.

Francois424

Neo Member

I was so sure this was going to crop on the forums.
But yeah, some more options are needed in the UI configuration tab.

Anyone was able to test out the gathering nerf ? how bad is it ?

Can see abilities just fine when they are greyed out. So much better than the colored crap they had and it should never have been changed. Give ppl the option if they want it, or just lighten up the greying effect

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Hey HoN-GAF, et al. Where am I rolling and what faction?

Keller's void, and the best faction (a.k.a. empire). Let me know when you get on, and I'll add you to friends and get you an invite; you have to both be online to friend in this game :p.

my day of swtor.

Got my sexy IA to become an OP. Fucking hated the layout of emp capital. Went back on capt america/my commando and finished up the lovely planet of Taris.

Now I'm debating if I should do taris bonus series or not >.>"

StMeph

Haven't been on in a week.

Partly because I've let my brother use the account to roll a Trooper/Inquisitor, but also partly because, now at the level cap, I'm still undecided if I should commit to the 50 grind on my Operative or if I should just roll an alt and do it all over again with another class. I have a 10 Juggernaut, but am kind of considering rerolling a Marauder instead.

Jmac71

Well I for one am still loving the game. I hit 47 at the end of Voss. I think that was my favorite planet so far. I also want a Voss alt. I would have loved to have been in the EV with the rest of the 50's last night.

eznark

Banned
Well I for one am still loving the game. I hit 47 at the end of Voss. I think that was my favorite planet so far. I also want a Voss alt. I would have loved to have been in the EV with the rest of the 50's last night.

I just hit 40 and am loving it as well. I'm hoping to power through to 50 this week so I can participate in some of the raid stuff before the guild disappears. Though shit, this has to be one of the most successful GAF guilds ever!

Top Bottom