• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Damn, my server just got a wave of fresh 50s and all the good Pubs decided to queue. Sooooooo many losses. And of course my sniper has become a "target on sight" deal with Pubs.

markatisu

Is there a place to find out where stuff can be bought? I am in search of armoring and other mods for level 35 but I would rather not go to every planet to look for the market.

Torhead and dbhater just list the mods but not where to buy them

Milly79

Is there a place to find out where stuff can be bought? I am in search of armoring and other mods for level 35 but I would rather not go to every planet to look for the market.

Honestly, the best place to get mods is the GTN or the commendation vendors on the fleet/respective planet. With lower level alts I usually just roll with orange gear and replace the mods from each planet I visit. It usually depends if I want to stay on the planet and complete quests, however. Places like Taris are boring as shit.

^what milly said, I usually just go to fleet marketplace. (Though one of the planet is not on there, Quesh maybe?).

Effect

Been playing some this weekend. Just picked Jedi Shadow as my advance class and now I'm thinking I made a mistake. I was going to go Jedi Sage but didn't like idea of perhaps not using my lightsaber and just mainly using force powers. If I was going to play a range character I would have made a Trooper. Still now that I am a Jedi Shadow having second though. Trying to decide if I should push through and see if it clicks once I get more powers or remake now and blow through the content to get back to where I was while I'm still low enough in level. Any advice?

Been playing some this weekend. Just picked Jedi Shadow as my advance class and now I'm thinking I made a mistake. I was going to go Jedi Sage but didn't like idea of perhaps not using my lightsaber and just mainly using force powers. If I was going to play a range character I would have made a Trooper. Still now that I am a Jedi Shadow having second though. Trying to decide if I should push through and see if it clicks once I get more powers or remake now and blow through the content to get back to where I was while I'm still low enough in level. Any advice?

Well if your not happy with the character, you might want to restart now before you regret having to redo everything from the start. Course also it's hard to say but alot of AC's also don't really develop right away and you need to level them up more to unlock alot of their functionality. Course if you go Sage, you will almost never be using that saber heh.

Nightz

People still play this?

image.php

I'm watching this now, hopefully we get some good new info.

Well looks like they will be showing off 1.2 content for the first time.

The live streams are just proably going to cover that as a bunch of other events going on in the guild summit schedule are not being done live and the attendees are under NDA about other things they will be shown.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Damn, patch pushed back to April :(

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
yeah kinda sad about that
but oh well, better they take their time to hunt down bugs

Sucks but it's a big patch. I'm glad they want to take their time with it and make sure it's perfect.

Yeah, I agree, I have a lot to keep me busy till then so I'm not worried but I was looking forward to the Legacy stuff and UI customization.

For those that missed it, some of the stuff the showed in the trailer:

- New planet that includes a new operation and a new warzone
- Rise of the Rakgouls Part 2 flashpoint
- New Corellia daily quests
- Legacy system that includes:

- Race unlocks for classes that didn't have them eg. Chiss Smuggler
- A family tree that allows you to set relationships for all your characters
- New skills

- Miniature creature vanity pets
- UI customization - move anything anywhere
- Appearance slots for purely visual gear
- New mounts, armour and other gear
- Guild banks with up to 7 bays, need to buy additional bays and they'll get expensive

I'm going off memory, did I miss anything?

They need to roll some new shit out soon if they are pushing the patch to april. Why they are putting everything in one giant update is ridiculous

StudioTan

They need to roll some new shit out soon if they are pushing the patch to april. Why they are putting everything in one giant update is ridiculous

It's possible that a lot of the new systems are tied together somehow.

Jmac71

Sucks but it's a big patch. I'm glad they want to take their time with it and make sure it's perfect.

You know, I'm a big sunshine pumper for this game, but all this hoopla around 1.2 reeks of "OMG WE'VE GOT TO TELL THEM MARCH SO THEY DON"T CANCEL BEFORE THE FINANCIAL CALL" and now that March is here, they are all "LOL SOON, PROBABLY APRIL". 1.2 doesn't have to be this big huge sweep that changes everything everyone wants. They could be building a lot of this stuff in to the weekly patches. I will never understand why devs do these big trailers and build ups for patches and then say "LOL SOON".

It's possible that a lot of the new systems are tied together somehow.

Highly unlikely, like UI customization. They were able to put in full options for global cool downs in less than 2 weeks. Some stuff I can see holding back, but really it's going to be 4 months almost by the time it's out and nothing really new has been added? Thats pretty week. Not even any special events going on?

Miletius

Highly unlikely, like UI customization. They were able to put in full options for global cool downs in less than 2 weeks. Some stuff I can see holding back, but really it's going to be 4 months almost by the time it's out and nothing really new has been added? Thats pretty week. Not even any special events going on?

Inevitable slowing of the development cycle that happens in all MMO's. I agree though, they should release things one at a time rather than make mega patches. Maybe they are feeling the pressure to deliver because people are complaining though, who knows.

So the rumors of dual spec in 1.2 is false?

And what do relationships do?

They never said dual spec was in 1.2, it was Eurogamer I believe that posted that it was coming in 1.2 but they were just assuming as they just reposted the Q&A info from a Friday post. They lumped all the info as coming in 1.2 even though the original Q&A never said that. At the time I mentioned that because I knew that was going to get people in a huff.

So what is the current status of the game?

What are sub numbers?

Curious how many people stayed around past 50.

I got bored trying to roll another toon before leaving.

End game stuff just ain't appealing :(

arimanius

Yeah, I agree, I have a lot to keep me busy till then so I'm not worried but I was looking forward to the Legacy stuff and UI customization.

For those that missed it, some of the stuff the showed in the trailer:

- New planet that includes a new operation and a new warzone
- Rise of the Rakgouls Part 2 flashpoint
- New Corellia daily quests
- Legacy system that includes:

- Race unlocks for classes that didn't have them eg. Chiss Smuggler
- A family tree that allows you to set relationships for all your characters
- New skills

- Miniature creature vanity pets
- UI customization - move anything anywhere
- Appearance slots for purely visual gear
- New mounts, armour and other gear
- Guild banks with up to 7 bays, need to buy additional bays and they'll get expensive

I'm going off memory, did I miss anything?

All that looks good. Did they mention what the new skills maybe?

I also wonder if they are going to let us do race changes. As of now all my characters look exactly alike. I guess I can set up their relationships as triplets. lol

What are sub numbers?

Last sub number they gave was 1.7m, no new updates but they also just recently launched last week in 4 new territories, so they likely picked up a bunch of new people, but those will be players on the Oceanic servers.

It is likely going to be different from server to server, from my guild and fleet numbers, and those numbers of the daily areas for the past month, it seems to be holding steady really, don't see any actual declines.

Something useless that only roleplayers will be interested in

So then it's useful for some people, neat.

Inevitable slowing of the development cycle that happens in all MMO's. I agree though, they should release things one at a time rather than make mega patches. Maybe they are feeling the pressure to deliver because people are complaining though, who knows.

If they would at least do some kind of seasonal or special live events to spice things up at least, but really nothing going on new in the game till April? I mean they could have at least tossed a new WZ our way in the meantime, stop holding all back for one big mega patch.

Miletius

What are sub numbers?

If you think they are actually gonna talk about that then you're delusional. They did the standard PR fluff, 2 million subs, people playing a lot, ect ect.

Fafnir

I made 4 alts this weekend, what I would like done with the Legacy level would be to be able to use/trade the Rakata BoP crafting items between my alts so I won't have to level Biochem 4 more times.

StudioTan

Yeah, I'm probably reaching. Honestly I think it's a marketing thing where they just want to have this HUGE patch and make a big stink about it. Content slowdowns are expected right after launch though with some devs probably getting a little time off after the big crunch for launch. Plus they're new to this, hopefully they'll find a groove soon.

All that looks good. Did they mention what the new skills maybe?

I also wonder if they are going to let us do race changes. As of now all my characters look exactly alike. I guess I can set up their relationships as triplets. lol

It was hard to see as the stream got blurry at times but they're going to be going into details of everything starting again in about 3 hours.

I'd like some better features/content instead.

Sure, and I want more roleplaying features so it balances out. Looks like the patch has something for every play style.

I'd like some better features/content instead.

Thats what all the other bullet points were about

Yeah, I'm probably reaching. Honestly I think it's a marketing thing where they just want to have this HUGE patch and make a big stink about it. Content slowdowns are expected right after launch though with some devs probably getting a little time off after the big crunch for launch. Plus they're new to this, hopefully they'll find a groove soon.

Think they are also trying to catch those who have 3 month sub plans who might quit, to get them to resub another 3 by them staying on when the new patch comes out.

How would you role play in this game?

Trooper and sith warrior are like the only classes that 'makes sense' for standard mmo grind.

Well I guess you could stealth around as an op.

Getting to 50 would be tough...

Top Bottom