• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Any talk about system optimizations? They kinda stopped tweaking that stuff after a few patches.

I can't be the only one with shit performance with a semi decent rig ( Q9550 gtx460 4 gb ram)

Changing settings did nothing as well besides shadows.

1.2 Should've been out a month ago with that trailer at least and it might have saved some of my guildies from suspending. Now to see if they come back.

Any talk about system optimizations? They kinda stopped tweaking that stuff after a few patches.

I can't be the only one with shit performance with a semi decent rig ( Q9550 gtx460 4 gb ram)

Changing settings did nothing as well besides shadows.

They just were talking about that they will continue updating and polishing the game, but not really going into specifics.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Holy shit, after seeing that video my body is ready. UI and Texture fixes/changes have me just as psyched as all the content.

FUCKING FLAMETHROWER SITH GOD DAMMIT YES

gatti-man

1.2 Should've been out a month ago with that trailer at least and it might have saved some of my guildies from suspending. Now to see if they come back.

Totally unrealistic expectations.

Moving on, bm gear makes pvp much easier. I have 5 pieces only 1 major piece and it makes a huge difference. I can kill full health nubs in 3-4 shots.

Edit: better textures confirmed?? ??? Fuck yeah! Stretch that 3gb 7970 baby woooooooooo.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
After reading the IGN article, it is confirmed that I can make a Chiss Sorceror as soon as 1.2 goes live. Woop woop.

Klorox33

Neo Member
So my guild stepped into EV normal 8 man last night for the first time and cleared the place with minimal wiping on SOA. This is one of the best raiding experiences I have had in an mmo to date.

It defiantly has me looking forward to more raids with my guild and given life to my alt leveling.

Should we jump right into Kraggas?

So is it just me, or have they still not announced an actual release date for 1.2? I mean it's like 2-3 weeks away, when are they going to give us the fucking date?

gatti-man

So my guild stepped into EV normal 8 man last night for the first time and cleared the place with minimal wiping on SOA. This is one of the best raiding experiences I have had in an mmo to date.

It defiantly has me looking forward to more raids with my guild and given life to my alt leveling.

Should we jump right into Kraggas?

Karaggas is harder but if you rolled through ev it shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: 1.2 is delayed till April? Crap!

arimanius

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219843p1.html

If you've been playing the game since launch in late 2011, those Legacy levels will finally be good for something after 1.2. Specifically, they'll let you set up a family tree, where you can arrange your characters and earn bonuses. Getting to level 50 will unlock that character's race for all classes you create thereafter, bypassing the regular class and race restrictions. "If you were to play a character to level 50 with all the races, you could create any class of any race," said Ohlen. "We know that not many people are going to do that because it's kind of crazy, so we also gave the option for players to purchase some of the unlocks." Ohlen said the race purchases will be made only with in-game currency.

Other Legacy unlocks will not be available until you've leveled a class to 50, however. Such is the case with unlocking new skills. Do you wish your Bounty Hunter could shoot Force lightning? After 1.2, if you relate the Bounty Hunter to a level 50 Inquisitor, it'll be possible, though with some significant limitations.

A Bounty Hunter won't suddenly turn into a Force-wielding super user. Every class has a heroic moment ability which requires the presence of a companion to activate. Only by using these heroic moment abilities will you be able to access the cross-class Legacy abilities. That essentially means you can only use the abilities out in the questing world; they're locked out when you're in a full group or in a PvP Warzone. "It's a balancing mechanism. We wanted to make the abilities powerful and useful but we know that some players are going to eventually have all seven others on one character. We had to be cognizant of that when we were creating them so we don't give the player seven super-powerful abilities he can use in rapid succession."

Interesting. I don't know how I feel about classes using other class skills, but as long as it's tied to having a companion out it shouldn't be to bad.

No, you won't be able select specifically which Warzone to join after 1.2 goes live. Instead, Void Star will be changed so that Republic can fight Republic and Empire can fight Empire, a team format shared by Huttball and Novare Coast. "That means that Void Star will fire more often when you're on a server where it's a faction imbalance…There's going to be less of a Huttball bias. We plan to move Alderaan into that group as well, but it won't be ready for 1.2. We're very conscious of the fact that we have servers with a faction imbalance and we have to deal with that."

I like voidstar and anything that decreases huttball is a positive IMO.

Class changes in 1.2 include new abilities for the Warrior and the Knight, a nerf for the Bounty Hunter, and more. Every class will receive changes, and all skill tree points refunded so you can look over the trees again before deciding how to rebuild your class. "Some players will be excited, some might not. That's always the case when there's tweaks to classes."

Official forum explosion 3..2...1..

gatti-man

So your going to nerf bounty hunters and not sage/sorc? Get fucked bioware.

I'm sure it isn't that bad since its just bh and not republic soldier too. Probably a dps timing thing.

Fuuuuuuck. I hate Voidstar. More Voidstar :(

I'm sure it isn't that bad since its just bh and not republic soldier too. Probably a dps timing thing.

They already said they are nerfing Sages/Sorc healing in 1.2

arimanius

They said every class will receive some tweaks. I'm hoping they add some utility to my operative.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Class changes in 1.2 include new abilities for the Warrior and the Knight, a nerf for the Bounty Hunter, and more. Every class will receive changes, and all skill tree points refunded so you can look over the trees again before deciding how to rebuild your class. "Some players will be excited, some might not. That's always the case when there's tweaks to classes."

HAHAHAHA, if this is true, bioware honestly has no idea how to balance. If it's a nerf to tracer missile BHs that just sucks, because they are easy pickings for me (healers/powertechs are a different story).

"New abilities for warriors." *crosses fingers* PLZ GIMME A PULL OR STUN ON MY MARAUDER SO I CAN BE OP :D:D:D. I have a feeling it's going to be jugg/guardian only though--lots of marauder QQ starting up so we'll see.

They are planning to make Alderaan same faction capable pvp. Meh. I would really prefer to actually be fighting the other faction in warzones more than always fighting my own peeps.

Was in one of the past Q&A's. They said they were going to improve the AOE healing of the Mercs/Commando, and mentioned nerf to the Sage and Inq to try and bring the healers into parity. http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012 . They say that the healing of those classes are exceeding expectations.

theta11

They already said they are nerfing Sages/Sorc healing in 1.2

Why does everyone say its getting nerfed, only thing they said they were doing was a bug fix, similar to the bug fix to Salvation months ago, the bug also applies to more than healing.

HAHAHAHA, if this is true, bioware honestly has no idea how to balance. If it's a nerf to tracer missile BHs that just sucks, because they are easy pickings for me (healers/powertechs are a different story).

Relax, you have no idea what the new abilities or the nerf are.

They are planning to make Alderaan same faction capable pvp. Meh. I would really prefer to actually be fighting the other faction in warzones more than always fighting my own peeps.

Was in one of the past Q&A's. They said they were going to improve the AOE healing of the Mercs/Commando, and mentioned nerf to the Sage and Inq to try and bring the healers into parity. http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-17th-2012 . They say that the healing of those classes are exceeding expectations.

All I know of is a bug fix to Sorc Healing, and that is the "double buff proc" that is random and doesn't change much in the flow of healing. That doesn't sound like a nerf to me reading but more try to fix AOE heals on the other classes. It really is stupid to have one classes AOE's be limited to a couple people.

I think they want to make the Sorc's aoe heal the best one, by being the only lvl 31 aoe heal, but the others shouldn't be as handicapped.

theta11

All I know of is a bug fix to Sorc Healing, and that is the "double buff proc" that is random and doesn't change much in the flow of healing. That doesn't sound like a nerf to me reading but more try to fix AOE heals on the other classes. It really is stupid to have one classes AOE's be limited to a couple people.

I think they want to make the Sorc's aoe heal the best one, by being the only lvl 31 aoe heal, but the others shouldn't be as handicapped.

I'm pretty sure the Smuggler/Operative AOE heal is a 31 point talent as well, it just sucks. :p

Really hoping any sniper adjustments up our synergy a bit. All of the specs, with the exception of maybe lethality, don't really have a focus. They're just slightly different playstyles.

Enosh

I really don't get what everyones problem with sorc is
they die quite easy to me, hell murdered 2 at the same time some 2 days ago, although I used one of those warzone health thingys that stands in a corner and one was kinda undergeared, but hey, I started at 80% hp ^^
A Bounty Hunter won't suddenly turn into a Force-wielding super user. Every class has a heroic moment ability which requires the presence of a companion to activate
all my fears about this just evaporated

Where did they say they're not nerfing sage/sorc? Seriously, everyone chill the motherfuck out until we have specifics.

Trouble

Banned

As a Shadow I have to say there is no feeling quite like capping every single point in VS. I've had matches where once the first door is cracked I don't even fight because I'm just stealthing/sprinting through while everyone is fighting behind me. Love it.

gatti-man

I really don't get what everyones problem with sorc is
they die quite easy to me, hell murdered 2 at the same time some 2 days ago, although I used one of those warzone health thingys that stands in a corner and one was kinda undergeared, but hey, I started at 80% hp ^^

all my fears about this just evaporated

One sorc isn't the issue. 3 sorc/sage vs anything else is a draw or win. They are op. Not game breakingly op but they are without a doubt the most overall powerful class in the game.

I'm not mad bh is being nerfed so much as we are getting nerfed without a mention of a sweeping nerf for sorcs. I think a big reason why people thinks sorcs aren't a problem is that so many baddies play them. The class really needs to be redesigned IMO bc you can't just nerf 1 ability and fix the sage/sorc issue and nerfing many abilities will ruin the class.

Miletius

Guild Summit Ops Panel:

Not for nothing but it kind of sucks when the speaker doesn't even bother to prep for a presentation.... I know it's just a game and all, but I hate it when people do it at work and I'm hating it now.

bjb

Banned
As has been already stated - majority of these features should have been available at launch.

Instead, EA wanted a quick money grab, and pushed the Christmas release.

Trouble

Banned
As has been already stated - majority of these features should have been available at launch.

Instead, EA wanted a quick money grab, and pushed the Christmas release.

Fuck that. Nothing there that I would have wanted them to hold up release for. I perfectly happy actually playing the game for the past 3 months rather than waiting for non-critical features.

TheYanger

Please, please not my Tracer/Unload/HS/RS.

Given that it said BH specifically I expect it to be the abilities that are fucked between repub/imp, kind of shitty since it's not like BH versions are too good, it's just lame that the repub ones aren't as good.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Yeeeaaah boy! Livestream confirmed marauder/sentinel and sniper/gunslinger are supposed to be the highest dps classes ;). I think marauders are already there, but from what I've seen of snipers, they need a bit of a boost.

Yeeeaaah boy! Livestream confirmed marauder/sentinel and sniper/gunslinger are supposed to be the highest dps classes ;). I think marauders are already there, but from what I've seen of snipers, they need a bit of a boost.
In what context was this supposed to be in? Why is one DPS class supposed todo more DPS than another class. As an infiltration shadow, why pick me in a group when there is better DPS options?

Utility? Sniper/gunslingers just kind of sit there and shoot.
Bad snipers do that.

Good snipers are hard to spot, chase, and kill without getting killed first. On my server I rarely see anyone come close to my burst in PvP, MM and Lethality are especially built to be extremely mobile, yes I said MM. The only time you sit in cover for an extensive period of time is when you need entrench.

Our utility is fine, we have lots of CC and area denial. I really think sniper is fine, but if we're intended to be the highest dps, we do need a little boost. I would like a way to ignore armor/defense/shield a bit better, so we hit tanks harder. Lethality does an ok job at that, but it's nullified by a couple of good healers, especially one that can remove DoTs.

But I dunno, I'm content really. I don't want my class to go from rare to bandwagon. :\

HBroward

One man buff machine sounds awesome. And being able to buff your party also, that will make flashpoints a lot easier with different class combos.

Draxal

Given that it said BH specifically I expect it to be the abilities that are fucked between repub/imp, kind of shitty since it's not like BH versions are too good, it's just lame that the repub ones aren't as good.

IIRC, there are two differences between BH and Trooper. One which is mortar volley/dfa which they are fixing.

I think the problem might be the heat/ammo difference since ammo is based off 12 and heat is based off 100. They are not exact parallel and the differences favors bounty hunters.

Who knows; just saying BH nerf is too vague to make any reasonable judgement.

Top Bottom