• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

erragal

Feels like everybody is going Biochem.

I went Cybertech...right now there really is 0 activity on the AH though.

I believe they did a lot of good balancing work on this game but I'm pretty sure no one ever sat down and asked the question "Ok what makes each crew skill fun and worthwhile". Most of the mission skills seem more interesting than the actual gear crafting abilities. I should actually WANT to go artifice on my force user and I don't see any benefit from it.

JWong

Banned
Hey, does anyone know what would happen if I add a Collector's edition to a standard edition?

Would I get an extra month subscription since it suppose to come free with it?

Thoraxes

Does FarClipScale adjust the view distance? If so, what value would be half of the default view distance (or, what would be the default value for this)? I need frame rate boost and adjusting view distance is probably the only way to gain it.

I'm not sure 100% yet, but I think farclip is for LOD distance.

I hate my gf going home for a month, but at the same time thank god. I have 30 days to obsessively get my character's level up before she returns. Then hopefully I can slow down my consumption of this game.

Thoraxes

Thanks. everyones name I try to enter says they don't exist? :( I'll try to catch you later on!

My char name is Cha'hana if anyone is able to /tell me so I know I'm not on the wrong server or something. haha
Are you on the right server? and going on the Republic?
Hmm, might help then... what's the default value? Or can i just insert the line, save the file, open and close the game and the game fills in the correct value?

There was no default; I just inserted it.

Dyno

I just don't know what would be the most useful for me as a healing-oriented character. I just finished reading through the codex entries for each one and I still don't know!

Healing powers in Star Wars don't really fit when you look at the story. Their answer to healing is prosthetics and bulky bacta tanks.

If they do a good job of emphasising that healing is old force abilities/technology that was lost in the era of the Old Republic then that would sit better.

Orgun

EU Republic PVP gaf! We should probably change off of ToFN, just read it has both the Spanish and Italian communities and has faaar more people trying to get onto it. Which is why the queue time is the longest

Woorloog

Banned
There was no default; I just inserted it.

Damn... determining what's "half" is hard then...

EU Republic PVP gaf! We should probably change off of ToFN, just read it has both the Spanish and Italian communities and has faaar more people trying to get onto it. Which is why the queue time is the longest

No you don't i'd have to move NeoGAF Empire as well! And i have lvl 16 Agent, i don't want to level another yet....

Thanks. everyones name I try to enter says they don't exist? :( I'll try to catch you later on!

My char name is Cha'hana if anyone is able to /tell me so I know I'm not on the wrong server or something. haha
Make sure you're on the Keller's Void server if you're looking to join either the Republic or Empire NA guild.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
What I never understood was Bioware's take on the light and dark side and their respective influence on a person's appearance.

Darth Vader looked the way he did because he fell into magma and was incased in a suit for the rest of his life (unless the prequels don't count but the latter still fits).

Emperor Palpatine was old as shit and turned super ugly when he was blasted by force lightning.

A character shouldn't appear looking ghastly like Emperor Palpatine because they went full dark side. Unless their reasoning is that someone who goes to the dark side will always fall into some catastrophic accident that will alter their appearance, it makes no fucking sense.

Hixx

Was 15/16 people on last night, been about 3 tonight, looks like people can't be arsed with the queue.

Someone used the iron in the house which always trips a fuse so obviously I've had to retry log in... 2 hours now. Fuck that.

Aeana

Healing powers in Star Wars don't really fit when you look at the story. Their answer to healing is prosthetics and bulky bacta tanks.

If they do a good job of emphasising that healing is old force abilities/technology that was lost in the era of the Old Republic then that would sit better.

I don't really know much about the Star Wars lore. I just like to heal stuff in MMOs. I probably wouldn't even be playing if I couldn't be a healer.

Woorloog

Banned
For fuck's sake, swtor.com HAS QUEUES! Fuck that BioWare, get your shit togheter!
The launch day will be a fucking disaster, if only due hour long queues everywhere.

Zeal

Banned
What I never understood was Bioware's take on the light and dark side and their respective influence on a person's appearance.

Darth Vader looked the way he did because he fell into magma and was incased in a suit for the rest of his life (unless the prequels don't count but the latter still fits).

Emperor Palpatine was old as shit and turned super ugly when he was blasted by force lightning.

A character shouldn't appear looking ghastly like Emperor Palpatine because they went full dark side. Unless their reasoning is that someone who goes to the dark side will always fall into some catastrophic accident that will alter their appearance, it makes no fucking sense.

It has always bothered me so fucking bad that every Star Wars spinoff has to have somekind of Darth Vader clone. It doesn't matter what work of SW fiction you read, see, or play, you will always have some sort of generic, evil Sith character with somekind of breathing apparatus.

For. No. Reason.

It's like "Oh, you're the villain of this story? Here is your Darth Vader lookalike costume."

Faith in Fate

Neo Member

I wonder what this server will be like when the game is actually released. We're looking at 2 hour queues with just the preorders.

The force went from galactic chi to midichlorians, I really don't see the point of trying to respect a series' lore when it doesn't even respect itself.

Shoehorning magic into the series makes as much sense as anything else and at least is a move in the right direction as far as I'm concerned.

Zafir

It's not as simple as just moving. We all have highly leveled chars and none of us wants to lose that progress.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

My view was that George Lucas changed his mind with RotS. Instead of Palpatine slowly getting more wizened and pale as time went on (which they were clearly going for with the make-up in Clones), he went for Palpatine getting his face melted and his body getting fucked up. It makes little sense because no other character melts when they get zapped with lightning. Before RotS it seemed to be established that using the dark side excessively turned your skin pale, eyes red, etc over time.

Moaradin

Yea the dark side corruption in this is definitely because of falling to the dark side, not getting zapped or w/e. They explain it in detail I'm sure.

Hixx

It's not as simple as just moving. We all have highly leveled chars and none of us wants to lose that progress.

My char just hit 20 but she's kind of pointless behind a 2 hour barrier. Considering not even all of the pre-orders are in yet, queues on ToFN will probably only get worse.

I'm not gonna outright dump the char/server/guild because its good crack but it's going to be very frustrating for the foreseeable future.

Orgun

My char just hit 20 but she's kind of pointless behind a 2 hour barrier. Considering not even all of the pre-orders are in yet, queues on ToFN will probably only get worse.

I'm not gonna outright dump the char/server/guild because its good crack but it's going to be very frustrating for the foreseeable future.

Yup, kinda pointless if we can't get to the characters.

They've started to open some more servers so hopefully HOPEFULLY the load will lessen on ToFN

We have just opened up a new SWTOR server! - Trayus Academy - PvP - EU

Zafir

Maybe they'll offer a server transfer at some point. :/ Otherwise I'll just play on it at unusual hours when people aren't around.

ToD_

Pre-ordered this yesterday thinking I'd get early access in no time. Judging by the dates on the email waves I won't get early access at all. Bummer!

Tik-Tok

Darth Maul's teeth and eyes are messed up when compared to others of his race.

Sent

What server has this 2 hr queue? Mine has nothing, and it was a launch server too.

Pre-ordered this yesterday thinking I'd get early access in no time. Judging by the dates on the email waves I won't get early access at all. Bummer!

A 99% chance you'll get in tomorrow. They only have 12/7/11 to 12/15/11 left to go.

Zafir

What server has this 2 hr queue? Mine has nothing, and it was a launch server too.

A 99% chance you'll get in tomorrow. They only have 12/7/11 to 12/15/11 left to go.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd PvP which is what the EU NeoGAF guilds are on. The other server which I have a char on is full too, with an hour queue. Frostclaw EU PvE for reference.

Sent

Tomb of Freedon Nadd PvP which is what the EU NeoGAF guilds are on. The other server which I have a char on is full too, with an hour queue. Frostclaw EU PvE for reference.

Ah ok an EU server, yeah I heard those were full up. They added 2 more servers but I doubt that helped a lot.

Top Bottom