• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

qKaC3K

So far I have spent 1h 40mis in queue and there are still 500+ players in front of me :S

They really should do something about this. There's no way I'm going to wait 2 hours each day. But I don't want to abandon my character so they should atleast allow transfer to new servers...

oktarb

My initial beta review stands. SWTOR is a standard vanilla MMO cake with a tasty Star Wars frosting, but man do I like the frosting.

I've gotten my first ship and oh boy is that cool. I guess that marks the end of the tutorial phase in my eyes. There's not a class story line I haven't liked yet and often put off grouping for Heroic quests because I'm enjoying myself too much.

At level 14 with my Bounty Hunter I have more buttons than I know what to do with. I guess I'll find a rotation I like but for now I use what I like when I like. "Die in flames you bastard!"

The space combat is a little arcady but I'm not complaining. They plan on building on it so I'll enjoy what I have and look to the future.

Citizen K

I got my email to play. What happens when I get the retail disc? Will I have to install it? I've downloaded the game already (for the beta).

Azzurri

My initial beta review stands. SWTOR is a standard vanilla MMO cake with a tasty Star Wars frosting, but man do I like the frosting.

I've gotten my first ship and oh boy is that cool. I guess that marks the end of the tutorial phase in my eyes. There's not a class story line I haven't liked yet and often put off grouping for Heroic quests because I'm enjoying myself too much.

At level 14 with my Bounty Hunter I have more buttons than I know what to do with. I guess I'll find a rotation I like but for now I use what I like when I like. "Die in flames you bastard!"

The space combat is a little arcady but I'm not complaining. They plan on building on it so I'll enjoy what I have and look to the future.

Agreed, I too I'm a BH and I have so many skills I can't put them any where.

gatti-man

I am on button overload as well. Bh abilities are crazy cool.

Jbird34

I got my email to play. What happens when I get the retail disc? Will I have to install it? I've downloaded the game already (for the beta).

If you were in the Thanksgiving weekend beta then you are good to go! If you were in a previous build you need to uninstall and redownload.

vilmer_

Played about 4 hours so far and I'm really liking it! I was in one of the earlier betas and I must say that they have fixed a TON of issues, good stuff Bioware :) On another note, I haven't been seeing that many people around... I'll see a few people here and there but it certainly does feel barren. So used to seeing a shitload of people everywhere in mmo's. Ah well, could just be the server.

Won

Got the credits for my speeder, but still have over 5 levels to go till I can actually train it. I don't want to walk anymore! :(

Citizen K

If you were in the Thanksgiving weekend beta then you are good to go! If you were in a previous build you need to uninstall and redownload.
Yeah I was in the thanksgiving beta so I'm good to go. I was just wondering what happens when I get my retail disc next week? I presume I won't have to install it?

Aeana

I just did the first Sith flashpoint and enjoyed it immensely. We had someone disconnect mid-conversation and we were left hanging with "waiting for players" showing on the screen... had to cancel it and eventually kicked the person because they never even disappeared from the server. But that hiccup aside, the whole thing was awesome and I can't wait to see more of them.

LowParry

I like the fact that there's encouragement to doing quests with groups of people. It's very fun and adds to the story of my character. Social points included. :D The game as a whole has a very solid foundation. Now we just need the rest of the guts. This game has huge potential. Hopefully BW see's that and expands on it in the next year. Good times! Lvl 25 and Tatooine and goddamn fun.

So far I have spent 1h 40mis in queue and there are still 500+ players in front of me :S

They really should do something about this. There's no way I'm going to wait 2 hours each day. But I don't want to abandon my character so they should atleast allow transfer to new servers...

I get the impression that they put A LOT of guilds from the Pre-Release Guild Sign Up Program onto the same servers...

Aeana

Okay, here's a stupid question: my companion has disappeared (although he still shows up in my crew window). Where do I go to get him back?

EDIT: Oh gawd, there was a tiny little button in the corner to summon him.

Giolon

No question is stupid, but check the bottom left corner to call companion back

If your callback button disappears (as it sometimes does), you can try to either reload the UI (Ctrl+U twice), or press N to open your companion window and click the little button on the right side of their entry.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
I got disconnected waiting 25 minutes in queue on the "Fat Man" server. Now I can't wait back in queue and get a login error :(

MGHA

I bought the game over origin and it told me to go to the swtor site and enter the code. I did that and it said it went through. But when I go to download the game it says I still need to enter the registration code. When I do it says the key is already used. Any help?

Moaradin

I bought the game over origin and it told me to go to the swtor site and enter the code. I did that and it said it went through. But when I go to download the game it says I still need to enter the registration code. When I do it says the key is already used. Any help?

What you entered sounds like the pre-order code. The actual game code doesn't come until tomorrow for Origin users.

vaelic

Banned

relax. it's day 3

Kettch

I can't believe that they still haven't put the GTN back on the planets. It's seriously the most idiotic change they ever made to the game. That had better be fixed on the first patch.

Ningo

sweet jesus just got email from amazon my CE has shipped and is on its way down under. Estimated delivery 21st. So if I have to wait a day no problemo beats waiting till after christmas like originally. Too bad the guide couldn't be shipped as well

sangreal

Woot, just got my notice from UPS
This notice alerts you that the shipment listed below is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Friday, 12/16/2011

STILL don't know if I want to keep it though. I might send it back and grab the non-CE after the early access

btw, what are the security key vendors for? I know what security keys are (2-factor auth) but can't imagine what the ingame vendor does?

Top Bottom