• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
argh, damn 20m wait to get on shadowland

on coruscant its underground where the auction stuff is.

Thanks.

Speaking of respeccing, have they said anything about wanting to put in dual spec? Or being able to change your advanced class? It's really weird that you can't do both I think.

Thanks.

Speaking of respeccing, have they said anything about wanting to put in dual spec? Or being able to change your advanced class? It's really weird that you can't do both I think.
Don't think you should ever be allowed to change advanced class and hope they never allow it.

Ketch

Don't think you should ever be allowed to change advanced class and hope they never allow it.

Why not?... It's not like you have to dual spec if you don't want to. Seems like a pretty helpful feature that would help keep the whole "waiting to find the right class to make a party is not fun" aspect to a minimum.

Giolon

Thanks.

Dual-specs are coming soon, but changing your AC is not currently planned on being offered but they said they could change their mind (which they already did once).

Ketch

Anyone know how to make the game work with the steam overlay? I added it to my library, but the overlay doesn't work and the game is not alt-tab friendly.... I keep alt tabbing back to a black screen

Ricker

2 little things that annoys me right now,I can't seem to ctrl alt del to my desktop most of the time,so i can do something else on the PC while I wait in the queue and my desktop is set at 720p and the game is set to 1080p and when I exit,it changes my desktop to 1080p...besides that,I swear it looks better then in the beta,almost like AA is on,at least the jaggies aren't as bad as in the beta.

Einbroch

Banned
Anyone know how to make the game work with the steam overlay? I added it to my library, but the overlay doesn't work and the game is not alt-tab friendly.... I keep alt tabbing back to a black screen

No, but play in fullscreen (windowed) mode. I did and now the game is very alt tab friendly.

Giolon

Run Steam as Admin. SWTOR forces itself to run as Admin at all time. I don't know why, but it's really annoying and bad programming practice. Bioware started this about 4 beta builds ago.

Im sitting here debating if I should buy this...I'm not a huge Star Wars dude, but I played the beta and enjoyed it more than most MMOs, and it sounds like it only gets "better" with progress. But damn is $60 + monthly fee really cramping things.

Hmm...

Got my Merc (Razgriz) to 20 and I gotta say, I didn't do any PVP in the beta but am seriously enjoying it here. I tend to end up in the top 3 of our team 90% of the time and I love the 10k xp and commendations for doing it. Great way to break up the questing. I like how they boost everyone's lvl to put em on equal playing fields, tho I guess lower levels are limited by the number of skills they've unlocked. I'm finally seeing Repub Gaf in pvp now, great matches Switch :) Wonder if its possible to coordinate it so that we can have some Gaf vs. Empire Gaf matches?

Btw general FYI, there is some pretty sick gear at lvl 20 that only uses pvp tokens at the space station (orange and blues). You can get implants and earpieces for 100 commendations, armors start at 130-180 for lvl 20. Weapons start at lvl 14 as well, though they cost 330. I have a feeling I'll be running with pvp gear most of the time and just use quest commendations for Mako's gear.

O and don't forget about getting light side/dark side relics, they sell for 1.5k in the space station as well

So before I pull the trigger on this; has anyone felt a hint, even slightly, of KOTOR when playing this/progressing? Sorry if it's been asked before.

Moaradin

Of course. I'm playing Imperial Agent so the storylines feels like a different style for them, but there are a lot of quest that KOTOR fans will recognize.

Of course. I'm playing Imperial Agent so the storylines feels like a different style for them, but there are a lot of quest that KOTOR fans will recognize.

I've played the sith inquisitor story line to 21 in the beta and it felt like a KOTOR quest line. You start off with humble beginnings as a slave and have to prove yourself to become an apprentice of a sith lord. You gain your first companion on your starting world. The dialog is just like old kotor where quests are voiced and you can make decisions like in ME. I wish there was a true new KOTOR game but this seems like itll be the closest we'll get for a while. You can always see if you can still get in on a preorder like from amazon, get the preorder code and try it until 12/22, if its not your cup of tea, return the game.

Is it possible to return to Hutta after completing the Imperial Agent quests on that planet?

yup, just find the right space port in the space station and you can return to Hutta or even visit the sith starting world (can't think of the name right now)

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Why not?... It's not like you have to dual spec if you don't want to. Seems like a pretty helpful feature that would help keep the whole "waiting to find the right class to make a party is not fun" aspect to a minimum.

I'm liking trooper so far, but so far I don't have a lot of Vanguard specific abilities. I'd like to try Commando and see if I would've liked that without levelling all the way up again.

Emitan

A queue on Keller's Void? What have you done, Bioware?!

Also, I can't get the Steam overlay working. Steam can detect the launcher, but not the game itself.

Just got home. God fucking dammit, queue on server.

I'M COMING REPUBLIC GAF.

edit: shit, keller's void is now full. I hope we can get all the republic gaf'ers on the server still.

bill0527

They better be opening up some new servers before retail launch and lock the ones that are full already (at least lock them temporarily during the launch window)

I know this would probably upset people who purchase at retail on launch day and have friends on a full or locked server they would want to play with, but hey...should have preordered and gotten a slot during early access.

I can only stay up another 3 and 1/2 hours. My precious playtime!

Now to run to my other computer and see if I can get remote log-in working. Clearly I will need it.

gatti-man

A queue on Keller's Void? What have you done, Bioware?!

Also, I can't get the Steam overlay working. Steam can detect the launcher, but not the game itself.

Glad i play during non peak times. I still need to hunt down a gaf invite imperial side. I cant believe kellers void is so crowded, feels lightly populated in game. In fact it could do with a few more players imo. Maybe they havent leveled up far enough yet.

uh-oh..

I'm getting login failed for the community forums.. I know the password is correct..

and it doesn't fail to log me in when I use the game launcher.. it just informs me that I don't have an active subscription.. I wonder if there is something wrong with their community servers right now..

qKaC3K

uh-oh..

I'm getting login failed for the community forums.. I know the password is correct..

and it doesn't fail to log me in when I use the game launcher.. it just informs me that I don't have an active subscription.. I wonder if there is something wrong with their community servers right now..

I had the same problem just now, but after a few tries it let me in.

TimeKillr

Okay so at least the queue on Keller's Void isn't too long... Around 10 minutes? It's not too bad. Then it's just a matter of managing to get someone from the guild to invite though.. lol

Bloodsent

Lost internet connection while in 30 minute queue on Jedi Covenant. Now I am unable to reenter the queue because of an error that says I am already logged in. So now instead of 30 minutes to play, I expect it to be more like an hour, wait 30 minutes for login to clear and another 30 minutes to go through the queue again....grrrr.

Thoraxes

nPGUE.png

Okay, this is a good thread to ask, but I am having MAJOR framerate issues, specifically in the high traffic areas. I've closed out every single program I have when I run it and it still stutters terribly. So now I'm pretty much stumped as to what else I can do but go buy a new PC (mine is just under 2 years old and it more than meets the minimum requirements to run the game), as I've got the game running on the lowest possible settings and it's still stuttering, dropping to 10-15 fps in some areas. Anything you advise that might help?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone giving Guardian DPS a try? We seem to have a good amount of Guardian tanks in the GAF Republic guild, so I'll give DPS a try.

I haven't seen many Trooper tanks though. Maybe I went the wrong direction.

Top Bottom