• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT| EA: "Let's blow this thing and go home!"

Aeana

Just pick a crafting skill and then look at the Codex entry for it to see the recommended skills to go along with it.

I just don't know what would be the most useful for me as a healing-oriented character. I just finished reading through the codex entries for each one and I still don't know!

Unfortunately for me, my weeknight window of playing is right now, between 7 and 10pm. I cannot justify paying for a subscription if I lose that much time just waiting to log in.

remote log into your home computer from work and start queue before you go home? *shrug

weeskwee

Banned
My CE is just sitting there at Amazon right now with a "Shipping Soon" status, all day so far. They already took the money out of my account, and it still has a delivery date of tomorrow. But c'mon! I want to see some movement here. :p

zugzug

so this game has taken over that I forgot to open Steam yesterday to even enter contest to win my top 10 games on my wishlist. :) I can't even remember if I did it two days ago.

Go GO Level 24 Jedi Consular on The Swiftsure server is me.

weeskwee

Banned
so this game has taken over that I forgot to open Steam yesterday to even enter contest to win my top 10 games on my wishlist. :) I can't even remember if I did it two days ago.

Go GO Level 24 Jedi Consular on The Swiftsure server is me.

Dang speedy. About half done in a day and a half. Can just cancel the retail version if you finish by monday. Nice i guess?

AeroGod

Bioware secretly must be evil Sith Lords. I cant think of anything more diabolical then making what I can only imagine to be ~5% of the total preorder early accesses wait until tomorrow morning. Seriously. Its one week worth of people.

Received my shipping notice from Amazon this morning telling me to expect it tomorrow. Nice to see that they started shipping um considering we're already playing the game.

queue is over 1000 now. Says <1,5 hour!

It's okay. I'm already sick to death of the game. Going through the same area as in beta is brutal. goddamit:( hope my mood changes!

Bioware secretly must be evil Sith Lords. I cant think of anything more diabolical then making what I can only imagine to be ~5% of the total preorder early accesses wait until tomorrow morning. Seriously. Its one week worth of people.

I have to imagine everyone gets in today simply because this is the first official day of Early Access. The two prior days were a ramp up period.

qKaC3K

So I just had a random disconnect on the EU GAF server.
Now there are 2000 people in queue and the estimated time is ~ 2 hours in the line. :S

Orgun

Wow, looks like all the servers have at least a 20 minutes wait. Freddon Nadd is now up to 2 hours...fuck this :/ Hope they raise the server caps soon.

CoolS

Getting strange freezes while in the queuing screen. Game keeps freezing for 30 seconds without me being able to tab out or do anything. Is there something wrong with my system or is it the login servers slowly dying away?

Emitan

I just don't know what would be the most useful for me as a healing-oriented character. I just finished reading through the codex entries for each one and I still don't know!

I've heard Biochem I always useful (the one that makes stims). I don't know enough about crafting to give any real advice.

SLV

Ahhh screw this, going to bed, will dream about waking up and having a shiny e -mail message in my mail upon waking up :/

oktarb

Couple of questions:

1) If I play an asshole Sith Warrior that always zaps his companion, isn't that going to be detrimental to the strength of my companion in the long run. I mean if I'm zapping her all the time I'm sure as hell not going to give her gifts.

2) As a bounty hunter I find it hard to go either light or dark side universally and hence get perks. I remain in the neutral zone. Are here any benefits to this? I'd hate to have to play out of character in order to min/max a side.

3) Someone in game chat (the most reliable source of info any where) said you can turn your companions evil? Is this true?

Woorloog

Banned
Yeah right. Looking for a datacron. Coordinates found on internet don't seem to be correct. I change to windowed mode to easily switch beetween browser and the game. The graphics stop rendering. All i see is a black screen, i cannot do anything. So i close the game, forcibly (had to). When i finally manage to log back in, i'm place in the queue... which is about an hour long. Fuck that BioWare. There are way too much queuing and waiting.

Sigh... Looks like i have to start an alt, hour long queues are unacceptable, unreasonable.

EDIT would like to start a Trooper. But the voices... the male doesn't sound that good but i sure as hell don't want to hear Jennifer Hale the whole game.

Aeana

I've heard Biochem I always useful (the one that makes stims). I don't know enough about crafting to give any real advice.

I just went with that since it seemed like the safest choice. May not have been the best, but it certainly has its perks. Like alchemy in WoW.

qKaC3K

Getting strange freezes while in the queuing screen. Game keeps freezing for 30 seconds without me being able to tab out or do anything. Is there something wrong with my system or is it the login servers slowly dying away?

Same thing for me.

erragal

I just went with that since it seemed like the safest choice. May not have been the best, but it certainly has its perks. Like alchemy in WoW.

From a minmax perspective your only two real options are Cybertech or Biochem. If you don't plan on PVP'ing much then the cybertech grenades lose a lot of value and Biochem is probably the way to go.

Couple of questions:

1) If I play an asshole Sith Warrior that always zaps with companion, isn't that going to be detrimental to the strength of my companion in the long run. I mean if I'm zapping her all the time I'm sure as hell not going to give her gifts.

2) As a bounty hunter I find it hard to go either light or dark side universally and hence get perks. I remain in the neutral zone. Are here any benefits to this. I'd hate to have to play out of character in order to min/max a side.

3) Someone in game chat (the most reliable source of info any where) said you can turn your companions evil? Is this true?

1 - Affection gives you Companion quests (which may not be important for you) and also affects how succesful they are doing crew skill missions (which counts).

The good thing is, you will mostly lose like -1 affection but gain +15-50

2 - Not at the moment, There is talk about introducing neutral gear in the future. Right now there Light/Dark rank requirements are present on some gear. Check out gear for your character on www.torhead.com and decide

3 - No, companions like certain things and behavior and dislike other kind of behavior. That can't be changed AFAIK.

From a minmax perspective your only two real options are Cybertech or Biochem. If you don't plan on PVP'ing much then the cybertech grenades lose a lot of value and Biochem is probably the way to go.

Feels like everybody is going Biochem.

I went Cybertech...right now there really is 0 activity on the AH though.

Top Bottom