• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

HBroward

Crazy that fighting the secret boss gets you two titles! Resurgent for killing 10 stack Dreadtooth, and Dread Slayer for killing the entity.

Crazy that fighting the secret boss gets you two titles! Resurgent for killing 10 stack Dreadtooth, and Dread Slayer for killing the entity.
I wish the orb actually was meant for something other than being a pure fluff item. It would've been cool if they had this whole boss arc set up where one item gives you access to another secret boss or something.

kms_md

for my the nonhealing classes i play at 50 (marauder and PT), i use biochem. they can also make the stims for my two healers (operative and sage).

i have cybertech, armortech, armstech, and artifice all maxed out on lowbie toons for RE'ing as necessary or making gear for leveling toons.

HBroward

I wish the orb actually was meant for something other than being a pure fluff item. It would've been cool if they had this whole boss arc set up where one item gives you access to another secret boss or something.

Prevailing opinion is that it must be used after killing the boss of TFB, supposedly it resembles the orb left behind after killing him. So maybe there is another secret boss in there, or a way to power up the last boss for better rewards. Or maybe just for when Nightmare mode comes out. All I know is we will have to ally with another guild or two if we ever hope to kill Dreadtooth with 10 stacks. They had 8 healers in a group of 24!

Prevailing opinion is that it must be used after killing the boss of TFB, supposedly it resembles the orb left behind after killing him. So maybe there is another secret boss in there, or a way to power up the last boss for better rewards. Or maybe just for when Nightmare mode comes out. All I know is we will have to ally with another guild or two if we ever hope to kill Dreadtooth with 10 stacks. They had 8 healers in a group of 24!
Possibly. I may have jumped the gun.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Does the orb have a 24h cooldown too? Thought it was only the amulet.

Not sure, but it's what was mentioned in the thread where people were speculating about what it was for.

KePoW

Banned
Hey guys, I just hit 50 on my first Jedi Covenant character (Lil'dara). I'm in the GAF republic guild... what do I need to start participating in some guild operations? Do I have to sign up somewhere?

Never done any of the operations in SWTOR before.

Cystm

Hey guys, I just hit 50 on my first Jedi Covenant character (Lil'dara). I'm in the GAF republic guild... what do I need to start participating in some guild operations? Do I have to sign up somewhere?

Never done any of the operations in SWTOR before.

Talk to Kahzi in-game, you should also post in the TORGAF forums.

Heysoos

WHY CANT I HOLD ALL THESE MANDALORIAN IRONS

I love slicing. I have my Slinger and Vanguard running 2 class 5 rich lockboxes & 1 class 6 abundant. I get SO many crafting missions. I recently had 1 stack of (99) manda iron. I have almost 2 stacks of radioactive paste. Love it.

Finally got on board with this, being F2P I thought I'd give it a try and DAYUMM, awesome fun so far.

Only cleared the first world of Tython at this stage, and at level 11. XP is coming super slow now, but I think I'll grab a pack of Cartel Coins just to go Preferred Status and increase the gen a bit.

Arrived at Coruscant last night to pick my Jedi Sentinel advanced class (sooo wanted the dual wield!) and packed up for the night. Can't wait to play more.

Definitely looks a bit daunting still; mass amount of content, stuff I haven't figured out etc, but can't believe it's taken me this long to get into it.

Heysoos

v7M5NrT.jpg

From Facebook.

Some more here:
http://www.swtor.com/gameupdates/1.7-return-of-the-gree

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finally got on board with this, being F2P I thought I'd give it a try and DAYUMM, awesome fun so far.

Only cleared the first world of Tython at this stage, and at level 11. XP is coming super slow now, but I think I'll grab a pack of Cartel Coins just to go Preferred Status and increase the gen a bit.

Arrived at Coruscant last night to pick my Jedi Sentinel advanced class (sooo wanted the dual wield!) and packed up for the night. Can't wait to play more.

Definitely looks a bit daunting still; mass amount of content, stuff I haven't figured out etc, but can't believe it's taken me this long to get into it.

Glad you're having fun. What server are you on? If you're on Shadowlands I have some extra XP boosts I can give you.

Glad you're having fun. What server are you on? If you're on Shadowlands I have some extra XP boosts I can give you.

Big Star Wars fan, so like I said above, I don't know why I waited so long to try it out haha.. And just makes me jealous to see all the level 50's running around on podracers and such!

I'm honestly not sure! Australia, so I'm not sure there's a server choice? Don't remember seeing it even, but will check tonight.

Woorloog

Banned
Hmm. Find myself playing SWTOR again, despite being pissed off at how the F2P is implemented.
Sure, still not happy, but at least this thing is playable with Preferred Status (my friend doesn't seem to be having issues playing it without that, though he doesn't like lack of visible titles without paying...). I know i could not play if i didn't have bank and sprint from level 1 and other stuff.
The game is CONSIDERABLY better when played with a friend: it is easier, more enjoyable, the randomness in conversations makes them better... Now all i need is for my friend to have more time to play.
Too bad Flashpoints are designed for 4 players. I wonder if we could do them with companions if we're at the FP's max recommended level?

Got artifact drop today, double bladed saber on Balmorra. Wonder how much it is worth (forgot its name), but somehow i doubt i'll be running out of many anytime soon after selling it. Good drops are always fun.

Also wondering how long will i manage to play this before moving on to some other MMO... December i played EVE online, and before that, WoW.

Hmm. Find myself playing SWTOR again, despite being pissed off at how the F2P is implemented.
Sure, still not happy, but at least this thing is playable with Preferred Status (my friend doesn't seem to be having issues playing it without that, though he doesn't like lack of visible titles without paying...). I know i could not play if i didn't have bank and sprint from level 1 and other stuff.
The game is CONSIDERABLY better when played with a friend: it is easier, more enjoyable, the randomness in conversations makes them better... Now all i need is for my friend to have more time to play.
Too bad Flashpoints are designed for 4 players. I wonder if we could do them with companions if we're at the FP's max recommended level?

Got artifact drop today, double bladed saber on Balmorra. Wonder how much it is worth (forgot its name), but somehow i doubt i'll be running out of many anytime soon after selling it. Good drops are always fun.

Also wondering how long will i manage to play this before moving on to some other MMO... December i played EVE online, and before that, WoW.

Some. Flash points can be done with 2 players and companions, but you will usually need to be slightly over level and decent gear. If you got a bunch of unlocked legacy presence buffs, it also helps.

Woorloog

Banned
Some. Flash points can be done with 2 players and companions, but you will usually need to be slightly over level and decent gear. If you got a bunch of unlocked legacy presence buffs, it also helps.

Legacy buffs?
Oh, right.
Don't have any. Don't have ANY legacy stuff.
Nor decent gear. Picking up what comes in front us, that's all.

Guess i'll tell my friend we probably shouldn't bother with Flashpoints at all. Waste of time probably, trying to do them duo.
Which Flashpoints have interesting stories (and are generally good)? I know i never care for Hammerstation, superweapons are not interesting.

Legacy buffs?
Oh, right.
Don't have any. Don't have ANY legacy stuff.
Nor decent gear. Picking up what comes in front us, that's all.

Guess i'll tell my friend we probably shouldn't bother with Flashpoints at all. Waste of time probably, trying to do them duo.
Which Flashpoints have interesting stories (and are generally good)? I know i never care for Hammerstation, superweapons are not interesting.

Hammerstation, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders are the worst FP's story wise, rest all have some cool stuff going or interesting story elements.

Is the group finder not accessible to free players?

Woorloog

Banned
Hammerstation, Athiss, Mandalorian Raiders are the worst FP's story wise, rest all have some cool stuff going or interesting story elements.

No idea, will check. Don't want to play with randoms really. Voice-comm beetween us, you know? I keep chat toggle off too, don't bother with writing.

Free players can use it but since you only get three flashpoints worth of loot I only do them once a day for the comms.

Woorloog

Banned
Well, ain't this nice. Another Artifact drop, a focus this time. Too bad free players can't use them without paying... which i'm not doing... Ah, well, more credits for me.

EDIT and now i got a shield generator Artifact. Nice.

ShaneB

Feeling spoiled now after getting pretty much all of my campaign set in the Op run last night, good times again, now I can tag along to all guild events without wondering if I'm geared enough :p

StudioTan

Well, ain't this nice. Another Artifact drop, a focus this time. Too bad free players can't use them without paying... which i'm not doing... Ah, well, more credits for me.

I'm pretty sure you can buy all the unlocks on the GTN. If they're priced beyond the max you're allowed to have then you can try buying Molecular Stabilizers and use those as currency. On my server they go for about 150k-180k each and always sell. So if you find someone selling something you can't afford you can probably talk to them and convince them to trade for stabs instead.

The artifact gear unlock is one of the most expensive usually on the cartel market. We have guildies who basically play a ton and buy up a bunch of the unlocks to give to our f2p guild mates, and it's one of the higher in demand ones. Free players credit limit pretty much stops them from buying that unlock at the GTN prices so they would need others to get credits from. On our server the unlock tends to go for 1mil +, never seen them as low as 150-180k.

Heysoos

What server are you on?

StudioTan

The artifact gear unlock is one of the most expensive usually on the cartel market. We have guildies who basically play a ton and buy up a bunch of the unlocks to give to our f2p guild mates, and it's one of the higher in demand ones. Free players credit limit pretty much stops them from buying that unlock at the GTN prices so they would need others to get credits from. On our server the unlock tends to go for 1mil +, never seen them as low as 150-180k.

I know, that why I said you can buy Stabilizers for 150k-180k each and since there isn't a limit to how many you can have you can circumvent the credit cap. Then you can trade 6 or 7 of them to someone for the unlock. That person can then sell them and get their 900k-1.05m.

Every time I put stabs for sale at the current lowest rate they sell in less than a day.

Woorloog

Banned
I know, that why I said you can buy Stabilizers for 150k-180k each and since there isn't a limit to how many you can have you can circumvent the credit cap. Then you can trade 6 or 7 of them to someone for the unlock. That person can then sell them and get their 900k-1.05m.

Every time I put stabs for sale at the current lowest rate they sell in less than a day.

If i were a dev, and notice people going around credit limits like that, i'd just lift the damn limits.

StudioTan

If i were a dev, and notice people going around credit limits like that, i'd just lift the damn limits.

No, because the credit limits are more to deter "gold" farmers who can make unlimited free accounts and farm credits to sell on their websites. Even if they farm to max on several accounts how would they get enough to trade to people who purchase credits? No one is going to be buying 200k credits at a time. They would have to send all the credits to a paid account which can eventually be discovered and banned.

I'm going to have to do this. There are Artifact account-wide unlockers on the GTN for 500k-700k and I want one of them badly.

Doubt it really happens all that much, the unlock is mainly only important for end game play and end game play essentially requires a subscription under TOR's f2p model. It's just not worth it to buy unlocks and weekly passes with the currency limits at endgame. Most aren't going to bother the ton of work to get the unlock or pay the high price to equip occasional purple drop when your going to replace it potentially with a green or blue in a few levels anyways.

StudioTan

Awesome!

Kinda weird it wasn't put onto the PTS though.

Not in this case. They like to keep the world events secret and a surprise. They also don't want people who test it having a leg up on everyone else when it's released.

Top Bottom