• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Dunlop

Been away from the game for a while but I see the Sorc love is still in effect.

Got my BH to max level and healed a few raids and saw how a sorc was better in every way shape or form, shelved the BH and made a sorc and the difference was comical the class was so brokenly OP (in healing).

Cystm

Quoting for new page:

Relics of the Gree Preview video is up.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130211 further details about tomorrows event. Seems interesting, sounds like there is pve areas and then a contested pvp zone with other missions, along with an ops boss for new weapons

Dulfy put up a Title Guide, for all you Title whores.

Alur

are you doing a hybrid bubble healer? i considered switching out of straight healing, but i think i have more to add just as a healer.

btw, has anyone noticed healing in PVP as a sage/sorc is much easier than operative. my operative is better geared than my sage and i have more experience healing with my op, but i consistently do "better" as a sage. perhaps it speaks to the quality of PUG PVP on JC.

I consider Operative/Scoundrel healing fairly easy to learn, more difficult to master. I've got a 50 operative healer, 50 scoundrel healer, 50 sorc healer all on JC. I put up better numbers on my sorcerer, but I've played him since the beginning as well. He has also always had much better gear.

Sorc/sage heals are just bigger on average, period. Scoundrel/operative is all about keeping those HOTs rolling constantly and not letting them fall off. Even for just a couple seconds without the HOTs proccing is a noticeable difference in your output. You just gotta get in that groove, and once you're in it you'll see some huge scoundrel numbers.

It's easier to live as a scoundrel/operative, however, and that's why I consider it easier to learn. It's not that it's harder to learn to heal on a sage (on the contrary, much easier to learn to heal as well as master), it's just much fucking harder to live long enough to mean as much as your HOT healing brethren as we are currently constructed.

Also, if you aren't running in a set PVP group, do yourself a favor and go bubble spec. You'll be so much more durable, and in the end you're talking maybe 200k top end, 100k in a normal game difference in your output. You'll live longer, your team will live longer, and your utility will make up for that extra 100k in heals. On the flip side though, be prepared to bleed force like a stuck pig. All those bubbles gobble it right up, and you want to make sure you've got em everywhere you can when enemies are near.

UltraMav

Finally was able to get a group of buddies together (and one pug) to do HM Lost Island. Had attempted it like 8 months ago and got stuck on the first boss. Was much easier this time, a few wipes but just from not remembering the mechanics.

Yeah we were all over-geared, so sue us. :p

Milly79

Finally was able to get a group of buddies together (and one pug) to do HM Lost Island. Had attempted it like 8 months ago and got stuck on the first boss. Was much easier this time, a few wipes but just from not remembering the mechanics.

Yeah we were all over-geared, so sue us. :p

It's not only that, but they have nerfed the crap out of it since it released. Probably because of GF. :(

UltraMav

It's not only that, but they have nerfed the crap out of it since it released. Probably because of GF. :(

Only thing I noticed different was being able to target the lightning rods in the first encounter. Then again I didn't make it past that before so I wouldn't know... What all did they change?

New weapons seem cool and are all bind on legacy, nice. So right now 2 pvp area missions, 3 pve dailies, and 1 pve heroic. Wonder if like the previous events if they are going to add more to this over time. Once you got enough rep you can get the pass to enter the ship too with the raid boss. Wonder how that is going to actually to work and if there is a reason to go into the ship if your not going after the boss.

kmz

Neo Member
As others have said on the forum, the wording of the blog is odd as it makes it sound like that on PVE servers you will only have 4 on 4 group pvp while on PVP servers you will get full on ops size battles? Why would it matter in a contested area like Illums western shelf? Seems odd to say that in the blog if there wasn't a difference between how the server types play the event.

From what I'm reading (based on the new patch notes too) it looks like there's two halves to that western Ilum area now... the northern area is a "normal" area, so on PVP servers you can have all out battles, on PVE servers if you're not flagged you don't have to worry about anything.

The southern half is a new type of PVP area, a free for all area but limited to 4 man groups. So it's like Outlaw's Den but you can have at most 4 people at a time in your group.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's nice that the gree rep has cool looking legacy-bound gear and weapons. I was honestly kind of expecting to not really see any sets like that or unique looking weapons available from non-cartel sources, other than maybe top-tier ops.

Heysoos

From what I'm reading (based on the new patch notes too) it looks like there's two halves to that western Ilum area now... the northern area is a "normal" area, so on PVP servers you can have all out battles, on PVE servers if you're not flagged you don't have to worry about anything.

The southern half is a new type of PVP area, a free for all area but limited to 4 man groups. So it's like Outlaw's Den but you can have at most 4 people at a time in your group.

Yep, spot on.

The rep rewards for the other factions are kinda meh. The Section X outfit has some cool armor pieces in it though. So far it's like planetary social vendor, one new outfit, with the Section X one having a unique pet available.

kmz

Neo Member
The rep rewards for the other factions are kinda meh. The Section X outfit has some cool armor pieces in it though. So far it's like planetary social vendor, one new outfit, with the Section X one having a unique pet available.

It's pretty selfish but I'm honestly glad that there isn't anything supercool with Space and Voss reputation, since I don't really want to return to Voss and I absolutely suck at the space missions (even with all grade 7 parts I pretty much immediately die in the Heroic missions).

The Drouk pet though: WANT.

It's pretty selfish but I'm honestly glad that there isn't anything supercool with Space and Voss reputation, since I don't really want to return to Voss and I absolutely suck at the space missions (even with all grade 7 parts I pretty much immediately die in the Heroic missions).

The Drouk pet though: WANT.

Yea the rep rewards are meh but also glad that I don't have to bother grinding. Section X rep is only one I will care about since I do those dailies and want some of that armor parts. Was afraid the rep rewards would be too awesome to pass up and force me to grind all this stuff.

Though it is stupid that various levels of rep with factions gives you no potential reward. For example Hero and newcomer rep status with the Voss gives you access to nothing, pretty pointless

Heysoos

WAIT.....

So you can get one Helix Component a day, the event is running for 14 days. They're bound so you can't transfer between toons... AND weapons cost 18. What am I missing..?

WAIT.....

So you can get one Helix Component a day, the event is running for 14 days. They're bound so you can't transfer between toons... AND weapons cost 18. What am I missing..?

The ops boss in the ship drops them too?

*edit: sounds like enemies on the ship might drop them, but it's going to take a few days before anyone gets the rep to be able to onboard to see.

Milly79

Okay.

There's a fetch quest in the ship, ending with throwing tron light discs at robots.

You gain another quest similar to HK, where you have to go around the galaxy and fetch stuff.

And there is an 8/16 man SM/HM boss (with apparently more in there) + it has a lockout.

Oh, and there's a codex near the end.

kmz

Neo Member
It's supposed to be "recurring", though they haven't said how often or anything. All that's known right now is that the first iteration is two weeks long.

ShaneB

So are Commandos viable for pvp healing? Been liking the class so far, just wondering when it comes to pvp healing if they're frowned upon. I don't want to level a Scoundrel since getting the gunslinger to 50, and I know how squishy Sages are.

Milly79

So are Commandos viable for pvp healing? Been liking the class so far, just wondering when it comes to pvp healing if they're frowned upon. I don't want to level a Scoundrel since getting the gunslinger to 50, and I know how squishy Sages are.

If you're a good commando, you're basically unkillable. They are the healing tanks.

ShaneB

If you're a good commando, you're basically unkillable. They are the healing tanks.

That sounds exactly what I wanted. I know their dps isn't top notch, but they've got lots of AoE it seems to be plenty annoying, and if I can be a great healer, that sounds good to me.

Heysoos

HM Boss down'

i9s9afzxxhFR4.jpg

And this patch seems to have broken the game for me, great. Game just randomly turns off, no crash or anything, it just goes poof back to desktop randomly

kms_md

any idea what the WB respawn timer is? my group waited in the western cave for more than an hour without a spawn.

Edit - what does the droid boss drop?

Mordeccai

Haven't had any issues with the game until now. But I went to log in a few minutes ago and I got complained at that I need to validate my account.

Ok sure, I click on the link and create some security questions and update the info and save. Go to log back in, same damn message. Have restarted the game multiple times, I'm hoping it just takes a while for the servers to sync or whatever because I was fixing to finally leave Coruscant tonight >.<

Haven't had any issues with the game until now. But I went to log in a few minutes ago and I got complained at that I need to validate my account.

Ok sure, I click on the link and create some security questions and update the info and save. Go to log back in, same damn message. Have restarted the game multiple times, I'm hoping it just takes a while for the servers to sync or whatever because I was fixing to finally leave Coruscant tonight >.<
I remember people having this problem when the game went F2P. It was either wait for it to update or call/e-mail support.

Mordeccai

Was able to call support and though the guy was confusing as hell all the kinks got worked out last night.

Bought me a time card just now, bout to join the bounteous land of the subbed player. Healed my first flash point last night and I gotta say god damn I love healing, its always a rush for me. Early scoundrel healing feels a bit limited but I get the slow release medpack before long.

Top Bottom