• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Is the xp penalty at level 10 going to force me to to the bonus series on each planet to stay with the level curve?

For free player? Hard to say. Game has abundance of quests on planets, they reduced xp needed to level during beta so that most planets had excess quests that one didn't need to do and you would still be overleveled. For a free player you might find yourself wanting to do more of the side quests on a planet to make up for the reduced xp and bonus series might help too if you feel under leveled moving onward. For a subscriber you can usually skip the bonus series and many of the side quests and be within the proper level range to move on.

Sorian

Banned
Forgive me if I missed it, I looked back a page or two. Any current news on a timeframe for the next big patch (ilum and faction grinding) or for Hutt Cartel?

Forgive me if I missed it, I looked back a page or two. Any current news on a timeframe for the next big patch (ilum and faction grinding) or for Hutt Cartel?
Probably end of February - early March. They took some time off for the holidays so the 6 week release schedule is screwed a bit.

HBroward

First datamining of new level 55 abilities!

Includes bonus map of new op Scum and Villany.

Hurray for smash nerfs, and some new teleport ability for Consulars/Inq possibly.

Hardmode flashpoints for 55 level people also in there.

Supposedly pvp is broken into 3 brackets now: 10-29, 30-54, 55. Possible expertise buffs included for the 30-54 bracket to slightly even things out.

To be clear, this is not 1.7 stuff, but for RotHC.

Bioware deleted the original thread on the forums and permabanned the poster.

Insert boilerplate "Everything is subject to change"

HBroward

I just assume 1.8 is RotHC. I guess that may prove to be wrong, but all this being added into the files kinda implies that is the case. Besides the estimated release of 1.7 places 1.8 in April sometime it seems. So if 1.8 got delayed at all, this is Bioware after all, then it could be as late as early June. I think 1.7 is the last drop we will see before the expansion.

Milly79

30-54 makes sense and since they were changing matchmaking I'd assume that is one step to match premades with lower levels.

I just assume 1.8 is RotHC. I guess that may prove to be wrong, but all this being added into the files kinda implies that is the case. Besides the estimated release of 1.7 places 1.8 in April sometime it seems. So if 1.8 got delayed at all, this is Bioware after all, then it could be as late as early June. I think 1.7 is the last drop we will see before the expansion.

Depends if they plan on locking content to the Rise of the Hutt cartel expansion. They haven't said that it's containing anything other than the new planet and the 5 new levels, if they were gonna include a new op and some new flashpoints, they should be advertising such if they are trying to promote people to preorder. Lot of folks have said it sounds not worth it just for a planet, so they need to clear up what exactly is expansion exclusive.

HBroward

That's part of why I believe it to be 1.8, they won't launch the exp without content for others as well, and the pvp changes and all have to be part of it due to the level raise. I guess they could make a drop for the op separate, but I don't see anything else that could be included with that as a stand alone release. I'm sure they will respond to this leak in some way, and hopefully flesh things out a bit more.

That's part of why I believe it to be 1.8, they won't launch the exp without content for others as well, and the pvp changes and all have to be part of it due to the level raise. I guess they could make a drop for the op separate, but I don't see anything else that could be included with that as a stand alone release. I'm sure they will respond to this leak in some way, and hopefully flesh things out a bit more.

I'm sure some will, but also previously datamined content has also been long time away from release. Section X was datamined like 7 months before it's release. For all we know some of this stuff won't be hitting way beyond 1.8

I imagine with the level cap increase coming, that future content updates will be exclusive to those who purchase the expansion no matter what, they won't be able to keep putting out just lvl 50 content forever.

HBroward

The biggest concern for me is the pvp brackets. If this holds true, when you are max level you will be limited to a smaller pool of potential pvpers now. Any one without the exp will be stuck back in the previous bracket. I guess this can be viewed as either a good or bad thing, depending on your perspective. At least it will be "dedicated" players, with less free to play in the mix potentially.

Milly79

TWINK TWINK TWINK

And yes the Merc/Mando thing baffles me. My tracer ranges from 1.7k-3.4k or so. It'll be nice to see it hit for higher than 3.4k, but less than 1.7k? Wow... You hardly see snipe hit for less than 2k. Yes, it is a white attack, but Tracer is the bread and butter of the Arsenal Merc.

kmz

Neo Member
I've been tanking HMFPs (including Lost Island) on my Vanguard and honestly it's pretty easy. From what I understand VG is the easiest of the tanking classes to play though, so your mileage may vary.

(It also helps that I have pretty damn good tanking gear that I mostly got from comms I got via DPS.)

I've been tanking HMFPs (including Lost Island) on my Vanguard and honestly it's pretty easy. From what I understand VG is the easiest of the tanking classes to play though, so your mileage may vary.

(It also helps that I have pretty damn good tanking gear that I mostly got from comms I got via DPS.)
Ah. I wanted to roll a Juggernaut. Reading up on the AC it looks like they have issues keeping threat up.

Zafir

Ah. I wanted to roll a Juggernaut. Reading up on the AC it looks like they have issues keeping threat up.
They can keep threat, just don't be disheartened if you do lose threat, because it happens very easily if a dps pops all cool downs in the opening seconds of the fight.

HBroward

Yeah I saw that, crazy that it went unfound for so long! People where searching for so many months now, that is amazing they found it.

Wonder if any of those new FP's will be finally the other missing FP's turned into HM versions, still can't believe they haven't done that yet, seems like easy way to add to the end game grind.

Wonder if any of those new FP's will be finally the other missing FP's turned into HM versions, still can't believe they haven't done that yet, seems like easy way to add to the end game grind.
I would bet on that happening. If they just bring the current crop of HM FPs into the new tier then I don't think people would like that very much.

Tarazet

Collicoid War Game in HM will be worse. The whole maze part always is a pain to do and with random pugs, ugh. Red Reaper was pretty easy, don't see it being bad in a HM

It's so boring though. Stand in your turret and fire for an eternity, then fight one easy boss in a cave.

Alur

First datamining of new level 55 abilities!

Includes bonus map of new op Scum and Villainy.

I don't know if you remember, but Kelzic and Valase and Onichiyu and a few of those old school IMP PVPers were in a guild...called Scum and Villiany. They inspired a new raid, apparently.

Hurray for smash nerfs, and some new teleport ability for Consulars/Inq possibly.

For something like this (assuming we lost nothing else and the cooldown is reasonable) I can live with a major stun bubble nerf.

PS: Quit trying to suck me back in with these updates.

HBroward

I don't know if you remember, but Kelzic and Valase and Onichiyu and a few of those old school IMP PVPers were in a guild...called Scum and Villiany. They inspired a new raid, apparently.

For something like this (assuming we lost nothing else and the cooldown is reasonable) I can live with a major stun bubble nerf.

PS: Quit trying to suck me back in with these updates.

We have known the name of this raid for almost what, 10 months? A year? Whenever that huge datamining originally happened.

Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy for pretty much everyone. Consumables make a bigger difference than anything else at endgame.
Seems like people on the forums also suggest Cybertech for the armorings while you level and making some good money. Though I'd take it that Biochem serves best in the long run.

Tarazet

Seems like people on the forums also suggest Cybertech for the armorings while you level and making some good money. Though I'd take it that Biochem serves best in the long run.

As I understand it, getting the most out of Cybertech at endgame depends on reverse-engineering high level gear mods and learning the patterns. Otherwise, you're making purples that are worse than the ones you get from daily quests.

Top Bottom