• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Moff

yep, the raids are pretty good. I feel the operations in SWTOR are pretty underestimated in the MMO community, people always sad the game had no endgame, and it was never true, not even for one day.
I feel they try to give every encounter something memorable, something I have not felt in the mists of pandaria raids for instance.

Sorian

Banned
yep, the raids are pretty good. I feel the operations in SWTOR are pretty underestimated in the MMO community, people always sad the game had no endgame, and it was never true, not even for one day.
I feel they try to give every encounter something memorable, something I have not felt in the mists of pandaria raids for instance.

Agreed. Even EV was great with the platforming during Soa and the (then) pretty cool puzzle fight mechanic. I will say, I was a little let down by the "puzzle" in the fortress because they had done a great job of making each new puzzle boss fairly interesting. Haven't seen what the puzzle is in the palace yet though so I may not be disappointed.

carterr

Neo Member
So, how is everyone liking the new raids? My team ran through SM of fortress (got stuck on the second boss for awhile, getting used to all those adds with the exact same name took some time) and the first boss in palace. Everything in these raids seem top notch so far from the amount of trash to the visual level of the areas to the boss mechanics (SM like I said but we used dulfy's guides which were made for HM so I had a pretty good idea of what we missed out on between the two difficulties). All in all, I am not disappointed in the least with this new PvE content. Our team will run again next week and clear through the palace fairly quickly I'm sure and then we get to hit the ground running in the HM of fortress (I expect to blow through the first boss easily and spend a week or two getting everything perfect on that second boss, he really seems like the hardest out of the 6 bosses I've fought so far in these raids).

So far based on the SM's I like Palace more than Fortress mainly from the ingenuity of the Palace fight mechanics. I have beaten the first 3 of Fortress HM and Draxus is definitely the hardest with everyone having to interrupt everything. First boss of Palace HM is tough if you don't get the circles mechanic down in the last phase. We're continuing HM this weekend and I fully expect us to beat Corrupter Zero but Dread Master Brontes is supposedly very difficult.

Edit: On a side note, GAF is actively recruiting a healer for HM progression operations. We are a guild on Jedi Covenant and are currently progressing through Dread Fortress Hard mode. This group raids on Friday and Sunday nights. We are seeking either a commando or a scoundrel healer as the group's other healer is currently a sage. You can get in touch with me through a personal message, in game or at TORGAF.com.

Sorian

Banned
So far based on the SM's I like Palace more than Fortress mainly from the ingenuity of the Palace fight mechanics. I have beaten the first 3 of Fortress HM and Draxus is definitely the hardest with everyone having to interrupt everything. First boss of Palace HM is tough if you don't get the circles mechanic down in the last phase. We're continuing HM this weekend and I fully expect us to beat Corrupter Zero but Dread Master Brontes is supposedly very difficult.

Looking forward to digging deeper into the palace. As for Brontes, both tanks have to be on their A game and everyone just needs to know where they are heading in the room before each phase of the boss. Otherwise, just the usual tight enrage timer that comes along with a HM final boss.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So I just got a 525 cartel coin grant, even though I already got the two from the already expired 60 day card I used like 3 months ago.

Thanks EA?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What a random number? Does your cartel log thing say it was a monthly stipend?

Two grants of 525 (1050 total) is what you are supposed to get for a 60 day card. My cartel coin ledger shows three such grants, the most recent one being from a few days ago.

Enosh

Two grants of 525 (1050 total) is what you are supposed to get for a 60 day card. My cartel coin ledger shows three such grants, the most recent one being from a few days ago.
you subbed atm? I remember reading that you get a bonus 500 something coins if you sub until or are subbed till the 20th October

it doesn't look like its a pay for expansion, f2p players and such just don't get it till later and need to buy passes or they get reduced xp and such in starfighter.

Edit: Yup confirmed, its free expansion. Subscribers get it first, then preferred, then f2p last.

Anoregon

it doesn't look like its a pay for expansion, f2p players and such just don't get it till later and need to buy passes or they get reduced xp and such in starfighter.

Yeah, looks like there is no actual "expansion" to purchase, you just get more/earlier access depending on if you are sub/preferred/free. Pretty solid move, imo.

Sorian

Banned

Yup, just got a chance to look it up. The main draw is 12v12 ship battles. Subs get it December, preferred get it January and f2p get it February.

Moff

lets wait this out, they can still destroy it with pay to win cartel market upgrades for the ship. but I got my hopes up, I am really pumped for this, looks really fun. this would probably even be worth a topic in the gaming section if people wouldnt hate swtor passionately for no reason.

Sorian

Banned
lets wait this out, they can still destroy it with pay to win cartel market upgrades for the ship. but I got my hopes up, I am really pumped for this, looks really fun. this would probably even be worth a topic in the gaming section if people wouldnt hate swtor passionately for no reason.

Why would you think pay to win would pop up now? It's no where else in the game.

Moff

Why would you think pay to win would pop up now? It's no where else in the game.

nowhere else is not entirely correct (starship top gear for instance), but its certainly low overall and non existent in the competitive part of the endgame, yet.

but I am just paranoid when it comes to pay 2 win in f2p games.

Sorian

Banned
nowhere else is not entirely correct (starship top gear for instance), but its certainly low overall and non existent in the competitive part of the endgame, yet.

but I am just paranoid when it comes to pay 2 win in f2p games.

Starship top gear is probably the only example that can be cited and they got more flak than they ever want to see again. It also wasn't really play to win anyway.

Moff

I'd like to see how the space leveling works. Wonder if the abilities and customization is tied to it or maybe the ships themselves?

my guesses:
it will be available at level 10
all characters from level 10 to 55 will participate in the same battles, because character level has no influence at all on it.
we will get some kind of xp for the each ship class to upgrade them and probably somekind of overall space valor for general rewards, titles etc.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
So I've been playing a certain expansion beta this weekend. Can't wait until you guys get to see more of it :D

The Tracker's Bounty Pack has some cool stuff in it.

http://dulfy.net/2013/10/15/swtor-trackers-bounty-pack-contents/

I like the Marka Ragnos set.

swtor-marka-ragnoss-armor-set-trackers-bounty-pack-male.jpg

Enosh

soo what is this bounty hunting week? need to be 55 to participate or can I do it at 43? ^^

also just did the gauntlet on my trooper, so good, probably my favorite mission so far
loved that your whole squad goes out to fight at the start, have to split up after but it makes a story sense, also Vik is a badass even if a bit crazy ^^

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
soo what is this bounty hunting week? need to be 55 to participate or can I do it at 43? ^^

also just did the gauntlet on my trooper, so good, probably my favorite mission so far
loved that your whole squad goes out to fight at the start, have to split up after but it makes a story sense, also Vik is a badass even if a bit crazy ^^

It scales to your level. You can do 1 bounty a day per character. Have to be at least level 15.

Moff

Is it me or do the bounty hunter event rewards suck? It bothers me because the missions are really fun but I am really not interested in the pets, companions customization and bounty hunter adaptive armor, there isnt really anything worthwile.
they could have at least given us some ultimate commendations for the weekly.

and when do we finally get rancor and kell dragon mounts?
the meditation chamber looks cool though.

Is it me or do the bounty hunter event rewards suck? It bothers me because the missions are really fun but I am really not interested in the pets, companions customization and bounty hunter adaptive armor, there isnt really anything worthwile.
they could have at least given us some ultimate commendations for the weekly.

and when do we finally get rancor and kell dragon mounts?
the meditation chamber looks cool though.

I like the bounty hunting event for alternate xp source on alts. The xp/creds are quite good for the lower levels and gives me something else to do to skip some side questing. They did add some new rewards with yesterdays patch at least.

They need to tone down those damn horns a lot.

Well they are fairly accurate to Ragnos helmet seen in Jedi Academy game.

Cystm

Well, can't fault them for following source material, but I think it looks silly. At least the iteration on that character model.

antonz

I ink the issue with the ragnos set is as you can see with Ragnos he was a bulky guy and had a robe over the outfit.

SWTOR set is missing the robe and the model its on isn't very bulky so it really looks out of place.

Cystm

SWTOR Holiday Update plans

First up is Game Update 2.4.2, which is currently targeted for launch on October 29th. This biweekly update contains the usual bug fixes and minor tweaks, but it is notable for two very important features: the start of Ranked PvP Season One, and the launch of web-based Ranked PvP Leaderboards!

Have you ever been frustrated trying to find an available name when making a new character? We currently have many, many millions of character names across all the servers, some of which are no longer in use, and as has been frequently noted here on the forums it is difficult to find any good names. We want to flag some 36% of those characters for rename, many of which were created in the early days after launch, and free up a lot of name options for our current players. Get ready to snag that name you always wanted! Exact details are forthcoming, but here’s what you need to know now: Current Subscribers will not have any characters renamed, regardless of activity or level on that character. Period. Even on inactive accounts, the bulk of characters renamed will be under level 10, and no character level 30 or higher will be renamed. November 12th is our current target date for this.

As Thanksgiving Season approaches, you are at the top of our list of things we are thankful for. We receive a lot of support from you, the players, and it’s really because of you that we are able to continue development on this game we love so much. We’d like to show a tiny measure of that thanks with a Double XP weekend starting November 27th and continuing through Thanksgiving Weekend until December 2nd.

The no-longer-super-secret space project has been revealed at last! We are working hard to bring you the Galactic Starfighter™ free Digital Expansion in February, but on December 3rd we are planning to open it up to Subscribers with Game Update 2.5: Galactic Starfighter Subscriber Early Access. Also in Game Update 2.5 we’ll have continued class balance updates and an all new PvP Warzone Arena, the Makeb Mesa Arena.

Mother of god.

Top Bottom