• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Yeah, I was completely wrong. I don't know why they'd do that, it was already a Very Heavy server.

Seeing they are choosing heavy servers, assume they are trying to fill up the servers before moving on. Doing it in waves till they fill in a new series of servers and so on.

HBroward

Just a warning, I transferred 7 characters, but JC says I have 8 on the server select screen. Only 7 show up once you click in to the server. I can create a new 8th character, but people are reporting they can't transfer their old 8th character over, even though they can make the new character and it only shows 7. Weird little glitch, hope it gets sorted quickly. Also, there is an Empire's Elite guild on JC, should be funny having ours named Elite Empire.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Seeing they are choosing heavy servers, assume they are trying to fill up the servers before moving on. Doing it in waves till they fill in a new series of servers and so on.

Hopefully. What was the population on KV like? I was under the impression it wasn't that bad.

My biggest concern is losing my names which is why I was hopefull Sith Wrym would be a destination server and not one of the transfers.

Draxal

Hopefully. What was the population on KV like? I was under the impression it wasn't that bad.

My biggest concern is losing my names which is why I was hopefull Sith Wrym would be a destination server and not one of the transfers.

Keller's Void was around the same population as Sith Wyrm, I started reserving names on Jedi Covenand and Canderous Ordo (the two most likely candidates for East PVE mega servers).

Yaska

NA Server
The Courageous --> Canderous Ordo
Kath Hound --> The Ebon Hawk
Ven Zallow --> Jung Ma
Fa'athra --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Lord Ieldis --> Begeren Colony

European Server (German)
Zayne Carrick --> Vanjervalis Chain

European Server (English)
Shaltin Tunnels --> The Progenitor

European Server (French)
Kessel Run --> Battle Meditation

second batch of servers.

Tarazet

Current list:

Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant
Hedarr Soongh to The Fatman
Fa'athra to Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Kath Hound to The Ebon Hawk
Zayne Carrick to Vanjervalis Chain
Eye of Ashlanae to The Red Eclipse
The Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Kessel Run to Battle Meditation
Ven Zallow to Jung Ma
The Courageous to Canderous Ordo
Rakata Mind Prison to The Bastion
Soresu to The Harbinger
Lord Ieldis to Begeren Colony
Shaltin Tunnels to The Progenitor
Mecrosa Order to Darth Nihilus
Stereb Cities to The Jedi Tower
The Restoration Zone to Jar'Kai Sword
Phateem Halls of Knowledge to Mantle of the Force

So what did the pops of these new transfers look like before? Kinda sounds like the new destination servers in wave 2 were considered standard pop? Wondering if we will see some destinations getting multiple sources

Tarazet

So what did the pops of these new transfers look like before? Kinda sounds like the new destination servers in wave 2 were considered standard pop? Wondering if we will see some destinations getting multiple sources

Yeah KV guys got seriously lucky. Jedi Covenant is the second busiest server in the world and was gaining population from expatriates by the hundreds already.

Draxal

Canderous Ordo was the second highest PVE East server, You really can't tell by population since they doing it by Area/Type branches, (one of them was consolidating the PVP/RP East server into the only other PVP/RP East server)

jupiter.jazz

Neo Member
Out of curiosity I had a look and just moved my characters from Shadow Runner to Tomb of Freedon Nadd. Strange because an active subscription is a requirement and my account has been inactive for nearly 4 months. Hope I haven't broken anything :eek:

So what did the pops of these new transfers look like before?

Shadow Runner was dead last in population even 4 months ago. Barely more than a handful regularly in the Republic Fleet before I pulled the plug so I doubt Freedon Nadd will even notice the difference.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Keller's Void was around the same population as Sith Wyrm, I started reserving names on Jedi Covenand and Canderous Ordo (the two most likely candidates for East PVE mega servers).

Yeah, I was only able to get 1 of the 2 names I really wanted on each of those :(. I'm still hoping we're not going to be moved though. At least I was able to get my main's name on both, just not the name I liked the most out of my alts.

I'm not usually worried about my main's name since it's a made up name and unlikely that someone else will use it BUT someone did have that name on the Tera server I picked which was a surprise and sucked.

Enosh

really disliking what i am seeing from the transfers so far, there should be like 3 or maybe 4 destination servers chosen, not every server getting his own destination, the population will still be too small in the end

Zafir

Wish they'd reveal the list and just state what day you're going to be able to transfer from or something if they want to reduce the transfer loads. Hate having to keep checking to see whether my server has been mentioned. Though I'm kind of expecting my server to be a destination server more than anything.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So you guys were right, then? They are essentially emptying out all the low pop servers onto servers with already decent populations so that they can shut down the ghost towns after? I guess it is a merger in all but name.

StudioTan

really disliking what i am seeing from the transfers so far, there should be like 3 or maybe 4 destination servers chosen, not every server getting his own destination, the population will still be too small in the end

That's pretty much exactly what they're doing, we just don't know how many destination servers there are yet. Each server has one destination so that you don't break up the community but destination servers will eventually have a few servers going to them. They clarified this in one of the Q&As.

I guess it is a merger in all but name.

Pretty much.

Tarazet

I don't know what they're going to do with Shien.. it's a RP-PvE East server. It doesn't look to me like any of the RP-PvE servers are in better shape than the other, they could probably merge all of them together and then it would be fine.

So you guys were right, then? They are essentially emptying out all the low pop servers onto servers with already decent populations so that they can shut down the ghost towns after? I guess it is a merger in all but name.

Yeah, it's a disguised merger. Which is fine with me, the only way to manage the population is a merger, a free for all transfer would be chaotic and might not get the job done.

I don't know what they're going to do with Shien.. it's a RP-PvE East server. It doesn't look to me like any of the RP-PvE servers are in better shape than the other, they could probably merge all of them together and then it would be fine.

They will likely merge them all into one

Alur

All my names are taken too. No Kruul, no Keyes, no Alas, no nothing. I'm now debating on variations of my -uul theme for Kruul. Cruul, Khruul, and Cruel are all taken. Pondering Ghuul and Rhuul/Ruul.

I would've just went with a normal name, but every single name save one I use in MMO's is gone. I ain't mad, but it is disheartening.

StudioTan

All my names are taken too. No Kruul, no Keyes, no Alas, no nothing. I'm now debating on variations of my -uul theme for Kruul. Cruul, Khruul, and Cruel are all taken. Pondering Ghuul and Rhuul/Ruul.

I would've just went with a normal name, but every single name save one I use in MMO's is gone. I ain't mad, but it is disheartening.

Have you tried throwing random punctuation in there? Like Kr'uul?

HBroward

Yeah, I had to make a placeholder for Tre'vin, just because I can't think of any other names after renaming 6 of my guys already.

Edit: And I saw your post on reddit Jaina, pretty funny stuff. Does it only show you as level 0 in the menu? Can you still queue for pvp?

markatisu

Interesting they are moving people to The Fatman, that was already the biggest PvP server in SWTOR. But I guess for PvP it makes sense to have lots of people

I welcome this, I am on The Harbinger and so the more the merrier since its PvE and more people gives more ability to do PvP for fun and not as a main choice

Alur

Have you tried throwing random punctuation in there? Like Kr'uul?

I decided to go with Qruul. It's basically the only non punctuation/special character option I had.

No clue what I'll do for my others. Rexos was telling me that Homi/Talona isn't gonna transfer over, he's gonna stay on The Fatman. That sucks :(

Damn, didn't even get to keep Nae'blis. I predict people will be up in arms over losing their names. I wish I could have kept at least one for crying out loud.

Yea, lost all my names and legacy name, someone on JC obviously loves the arse out of the Elder scrolls, might request a name change for all my characters and go with some other theme seeing as my previous one is now in tatters.

Think it should have been decided by playtime who got the names after the transfers, be annoyed to find out all my names were taken by someone who played for 5 minutes on a trial weekend then never went back.

Anyway yea first world gamer problems etc, just sucks when you get attached to something and build up a bit of a rep behind yourself over 7 months to have it all taken away in 5 minutes.

StudioTan

Yea, lost all my names and legacy name, someone on JC obviously loves the arse out of the Elder scrolls, might request a name change for all my characters and go with some other theme seeing as my previous one is now in tatters.

Think it should have been decided by playtime who got the names after the transfers, be annoyed to find out all my names were taken by someone who played for 5 minutes on a trial weekend then never went back.

Anyway yea first world gamer problems etc, just sucks when you get attached to something and build up a bit of a rep behind yourself over 7 months to have it all taken away in 5 minutes.

I like what they did in some other games, I think AoC was one, where if the account that had the name was inactive at the time you would get to keep yours and they would be prompted to change if they ever resubbed.

Unfortunately there is never an ideal solution with this, someone is always going to be upset.

Milly79

You'll be fine dude. I'm sure you can find some good variations to all your name and retain the British legacy.

Alur

Yeah, that's my thoughts. I hope I see whoever has Kruul and Keyes on the regular.

On the bright side, we did pretty damn well for ourselves on what server they picked for us. Am enthused.

You'll be fine dude. I'm sure you can find some good variations to all your name and retain the British legacy.

Im sure i'll get over it, could go with a british theme and rename Azura as Crumpet or Fish'N'Chips or something

Yeah, that's my thoughts. I hope I see whoever has Kruul and Keyes on the regular.

On the bright side, we did pretty damn well for ourselves on what server they picked for us. Am enthused.

Yea the bad side is tempered by the fact we pretty much got the best and most active server we could have got.

HBroward

Yeah, it was certainly nice to see over 40 people on Tython at 10am. Can't wait to see what the fleet has tonight. We definitely lucked out, Bioware must really love us!

Meier

I keep waiting for them to release the info that was discussed during that focus group I went to.. will be interesting to see how they tweak things based on our feedback.

I keep waiting for them to release the info that was discussed during that focus group I went to.. will be interesting to see how they tweak things based on our feedback.

Was that leaked google survey about content packages with possible pricing the focus group stuff?

StudioTan

Why must you taunt us like this? :p

Francois424

Neo Member
Looks like on my side, I'm staying put.
My server (Mind Trick) is neither a Source, nor destination.
* Drags himself back into the waiting queue *

Was surprised to see Fatman and Ordo as destination server, then again they did hint towards bigger capacity servers.
You guys let us know how the lag is for the coming week-end =)

HBroward

Yeah, Empire GAF is fully defunct at this point, you guys are welcome to remake it on JC for any empire alts you pubs have.

CzarTim

What's your new name Jaina? And how's the PVP?

Zizzy.

Played a good ten matches today, and the skill level is what KV was at 1-2 months after launch. Some good players though, but they are sprinkled in with a lot of MORON FAIL NOOBS.

Top Bottom