• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

UltraMav

Has anyone heard anything regarding the swiftsure?

No but I have to say I was VERY surprised that The Bastion was chosen over Swiftsure for west coast PvP destination server. Guess I'm missing out on the details but from the outside looking in that seemed like a very odd decision.

Alur

Just played a couple and can agree. Every game has been at least half KV folks though.

Got in one double premade vs double premade - all KV pubs versus Vengeful Malice and The Turks, a JC PVP guild apparently. We won, barely. So awesome to see old faces again.

falastini

So I just went to the website, and it's letting me transfer my characters, even though my account is inactive. At least the website is saying they've been transferred. I have no way to verify.

Figured I might as well give it a shot, in case I ever play the game again. At least it'll be on a populated server.

HBroward

So I just went to the website, and it's letting me transfer my characters, even though my account is inactive. At least the website is saying they've been transferred. I have no way to verify.

Figured I might as well give it a shot, in case I ever play the game again. At least it'll be on a populated server.

It should work, the only stipulation is the account can't be banned.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No more transfers for today, apparently they discovered some small bug and will patch it tonight and continue with transfers tomorrow.

It should work, the only stipulation is the account can't be banned.
If they're letting inactive accounts transfer as well then I'm going to go do that right away.

Good bye Keller's Void.

xW5AD.jpg

EDIT:
No more transfers for today, apparently they discovered some small bug and will patch it tonight and continue with transfers tomorrow.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I think you can still transfer if your server has already been enabled for it, I think they mean no new servers will be announced today. Not sure though.

FWIW some people were saying the bug was related to people trying to transfer while logged in.

I think you can still transfer if your server has already been enabled for it, I think they mean no new servers will be announced today.
Yeah I just checked my account and they still have transfers active. Whew. Only bad thing is that my characters have mail on them and I don't know what it is.

Cystm

I updated the guild info in the OP as well.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ibuo8oFg9SfDv9.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

http://www.swtor.com/free
There are three different ways to access the game with the introduction of F2Play:

• Subscriber - Players who continue to pay the monthly subscription fee will receive most game features as part of their subscription.
  • Preferred - This status is reserved for players who were previously subscribed and have cancelled or F2play players who have made a purchase of Cartel Coins.
  • Free To Play - Players who have never subscribed to the game previously and have not purchased any Cartel Coins.
iblQqzqDThnG75.png

• Subscribers

Subscribers have none of the restrictions or Preferred or F2play.
    • Stipend of 500 Cartel Coins each month.

• Preferred Status

As a Preferred Status Player, you will gain the following benefits compared to Free-to-Play Players:
    • The Sprint ability at Level 1
    • Access to your Cargo Hold (an 80 item Player Bank)
    • Access to Secure Trade
    • The ability to send Mail
    • An increased Credits Cap (350k credits)
    • Three (3) additional Sale Slots on the Galactic Trade Network
    • One (1) additional active Crew Skill Slot
    • Increased Server queue priority
  • Preferred Status FAQ
    • AlixMV said:
      if you’re a Premium Subscriber with Legacy racial unlocks and revert to a Free Account, what will have precedence, the f2p restrictions or the Legacy unlocks?

Blaine: First off – if you change from being a subscriber to a Free-to-Play player, you will always go to Preferred status and will never become a Free Account,
      so you’ll have some features unlocked that you otherwise would not. Additionally, you will absolutely retain the Legacy unlocks that you earned/purchased as
      a subscriber. In almost all cases, if you have been a subscriber, you will find that things you purchased for in-game credits will be retained when you go down
      to Preferred. Including things like Cargo Hold access and Inventory Slots.
    • Rassuro said:
      If someone who is a subscriber later chooses to cancel their subscription, will they then lose their rights to for example equip gear of
      Artifact quality, use all six quickbars, and have bank access, or will rights such as these count as permanently "unlocked" for anyone who has a subscription?

Blaine: Most (but not all) of these items will be retained when you move to Preferred Status (which is what happens when you cancel a subscription).
      Your ability to equip gear is dependent on what items are bound to your characters. Anything that has been bound will still be usable, but any new Artifact
      items you acquire will NOT be usable without a one-time purchase of an Authorization. Your quickslot bars will be reduced to two (but you can purchase the
      other four as account unlocks if you wish). You will retain Cargo Hold access. Our goal is to make the transition as easy as we can for former subscribers,
      while putting in place the restrictions that make subscriber status a true value.
    • What happens if I decide to change from being a subscription player to a Free-to-Play player?

Once your subscription has ended and you no longer have paid game time remaining on your account, your account will be changed to Preferred Status.

As a Preferred Status player, access will be unlocked to the following features:

The ability to run faster (Sprint) starting at Level 1.
      Cargo Hold access (Bank Slots) and higher login queue priority.
      Increased access to Chat and Secure Trading.
      Post more items for sale on the in-game Galactic Trade Network.

If you convert to Preferred Status, you will need to choose which two (2) of your characters will remain active, and play those characters within the
      limits of Free-to-Play access.

• Free to Play

As a free to play player you get access to the following:
    • Full Class story content from levels 1-50.
    • 5 Warzones per week. Weekly passes for 240 CC.
    • Flashpoint rewards limited to 3 per week. Weekly pass grants unlimited access to Boss Loot from Flashpoints. 240 CC.
    • 3 Space missions per week. Weekly passes for 240 CC.
    • Complete information on F2play Restrictions and Unlocks

• F2Play FAQ
    • I had a Free Trial account but never purchased the game. Will I be able to use my account when the Free-to-Play option goes live as a Free player
      and will the restrictions be the same as before?

Yes, you will absolutely be able to use your previous account. All Free Trial accounts will automatically convert to Free-to-Play accounts. Restrictions will be
      different, so be sure to check out
    • Official F2play FAQ
iblQqzqDThnG75.png

ibrK3PaSph3Bq5.png

The Cartel Market is basically TF2 Hats. Complete with misc packs that have a chance to drop rare loot.

• Overview of the types of items you can obtain from the Cartel Market.
    • Cosmetic
    • Unlocks
    • Equipment
    • Consumables
    • Titles
    • Rare Items From Cartel Packs
    • Legacy Perks and Unlocks
    • Emotes, Moods, and Social
    • Weapons

ibeOWv8XHmJHf4.png

Example rare item from Cartel Packs:
iN8FbvEoWqxkf.png

Here are some videos previewing what you can get out of the packs.

ixR9syWFWvb8d.png
iboNKsXeBGZDHs.png
iYjnPeF2WmWgT.png

List of Unlocks, Pets, Armor, Speeders, and Misc. from the Cartel Market.
iblQqzqDThnG75.png

ityW8KPAnxR03.png

iGABlWCEXPo2v.png
iYXVVQiQCwqBN.png

i9erGVn5PCEWk.png

iUrQGpy0xdc24.png

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

Be sure to check out the TOR |OT|

iblQqzqDThnG75.png

skrilla

Neo Member
No but I have to say I was VERY surprised that The Bastion was chosen over Swiftsure for west coast PvP destination server. Guess I'm missing out on the details but from the outside looking in that seemed like a very odd decision.

wow... swiftsure is still one of the most populated servers, and if that weren't enough, it IS the most populated west coast pvp server... what a joke

UltraMav

wow... swiftsure is still one of the most populated servers, and if that weren't enough, it IS the most populated west coast pvp server... what a joke

Yeah I really don't get it. I mean Fatman is destination server for East Coast PvP so you would think they would be putting lowest pop by region into highest pop by region until it starts to fill up. Only thing I can think of is based on their data they will need two West Coast PvP servers and have chosen both Bastion AND Swiftsure. Who knows though, everything I think should happen seems to be the opposite of what BioWare does.

skrilla

Neo Member
Yeah I really don't get it. I mean Fatman is destination server for East Coast PvP so you would think they would be putting lowest pop by region into highest pop by region until it starts to fill up. Only thing I can think of is based on their data they will need two West Coast PvP servers and have chosen both Bastion AND Swiftsure. Who knows though, everything I think should happen seems to be the opposite of what BioWare does.

tbh.. I don't think i've seen them make one logical move regarding this game. lol

Trouble

Banned
Damnit! Don't get to keep my legacy name or almost any of my character names. D:

Seriously pondering unsubbing over this shit, I am livid.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Still got like 7 free days. I went ahead and transferred my characters, and apparently the dude that manually transferred my chars didn't like the name Priapus. So I am now Lamarcus. FUBIOWARE!!!!!

Milly79

Still got like 7 free days. I went ahead and transferred my characters, and apparently the dude that manually transferred my chars didn't like the name Priapus. So I am now Lamarcus. FUBIOWARE!!!!!

It's more like someone had the name on the server, lol.

You're gonna like it here I think. There was 3 different 50 matches going on at the same time. You'll never be queue-less again.

Alur

My name actually shows as available, no one has it. Guess someone got reported for it or something, dunno why. Is it used in a game or book?

Heysoos

My name actually shows as available, no one has it. Guess someone got reported for it or something, dunno why. Is it used in a game or book?

It could just be that someone made a toon before transfer so you couldn't get your name when you did. You'd be surprised how much I read that in general chat once transfer started happening.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
It could just be that someone made a toon before transfer so you couldn't get your name when you did. You'd be surprised how much I read that in general chat once transfer started happening.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean... are you saying people were deliberately trolling people by going on to another server and creating characters with names other people had just so that person would have to lose the name?

Tarazet

NA Server
The Defenestrator --> Jedi Covenant
Krayiss Obelisk --> Canderous Ordo
Shien --> The Ebon Hawk
Rwookrrorro --> The Fatman
Ajunta Pall --> Jung Ma
Krath --> The Harbinger
Darth Xedrix --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Vrook Lamar --> Begeren Colony
Nadd's Sarcophagus --> The Bastion
Sedyn Kyne --> Jedi Covenant
Whitebeam Run --> Canderous Ordo
Sanctum of the Exalted --> The Ebon Hawk
Cho Mai --> The Fatman
Empress Teta --> The Harbinger
Perlemian Trade Route --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge
The Crucible Pits --> The Bastion

European Server (German)
Handmaidens of Atris --> The Jedi Tower
Cassus Fett --> Vanjervalis Chain
Gnawer's Roost --> Jar'Kai Sword
Dreypa's Oubliette --> The Jedi Tower
The Krath Enchanter --> Jar'Kai Sword

European Server (English)
Ludo Kressh --> The Red Eclipse
Trask Ulgo --> The Progenitor
Senator Contispex --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Goluud Corridor --> The Red Eclipse
The Kumumgah --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

European Server (French)
Kissai Caste --> Mantle of the Force
Dol Grenn --> Darth Nihilus
Vodo-Siosk Baas --> Mantle of the Force
Princess Galia --> Darth Nihilus

I'm on Shien so going to check with my guild to see what happens now.

Alur

Haha they're sending more to JC? Wasn't it full for like all of yesterday evening?

Wasn't KV doing well while Rakghoul plague and 1.2 were first released?

All these folks logging in right now aren't gonna stay. They need to keep bringing folks in - they are doing it the right way. I want to see 200-300 on fleet every night a month from now, not just right now. If that means that I have to wait in a queue to log in I'll take it over waiting in a queue for countless minutes to group or pvp.

I hope they feed us another dead server or 3 to be honest. Some of em we might be getting tops of 40 players on each side. If only half stay, which is probably the best they can hope for at this point, then that's not really that much of a difference on server load...but it's a big ass difference PVP and raid comp wise.

aett

Transferring my characters from Darth Xedrix to Drooga's Pleasure Barge now. I noticed that mine is the second server to merge with Drooga, so I guess the population was lower than I thought. I really hope The Jekk'Jekk Tarr can eventually transfer to Drooga, too, so I can finally add my level 26 Operative to my Legacy.

Draxal

This staggered transfer really sucks for the last few servers to be transferred, it's kinda hard to reserve a legacy name.

Wasn't KV doing well while Rakghoul plague and 1.2 were first released?

All these folks logging in right now aren't gonna stay. They need to keep bringing folks in - they are doing it the right way. I want to see 200-300 on fleet every night a month from now, not just right now. If that means that I have to wait in a queue to log in I'll take it over waiting in a queue for countless minutes to group or pvp.

I hope they feed us another dead server or 3 to be honest. Some of em we might be getting tops of 40 players on each side. If only half stay, which is probably the best they can hope for at this point, then that's not really that much of a difference on server load...but it's a big ass difference PVP and raid comp wise.

It looks like PVE east is going to have two mega servers, which means about 10 more servers are about to go this one.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I wonder what, if anything. is gonna happen to Anchorhead. It's east coast PVP so it should go to fatman, and despite being pretty low I don't think it's as low as a bunch of other servers.

Alur

This staggered transfer really sucks for the last few servers to be transferred, it's kinda hard to reserve a legacy name.

It looks like PVE east is going to have two mega servers, which means about 10 more servers are about to go this one.

Draxal, that would be awesome. Rough at first I'm sure, but if they are capable of expanding the server capacity a bit it shouldn't be a problem. Imagine having upwards of 400 on the fleet alone at night. This game would actually be something.

Yaska

*NA Server*
Khoonda Militia --> Jedi Covenant
Keetael --> Jedi Covenant
Zez-Kai Ell --> Canderous Ordo
Master Dorak --> Canderous Ordo
The Corsair --> Canderous Ordo
Kathol Rift --> Canderous Ordo
Lord Adraas --> The Ebon Hawk
Rubat Crystal --> The Ebon Hawk
The Deadweight --> The Fatman
Firkrann Crystal --> The Fatman
Kinrath Spider --> The Fatman
Thendys Noori --> The Fatman
Namadii Corridor --> The Harbinger
Gauntlet of Kressh --> The Harbinger
Mask of Nihilus --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Master Zhar Lestin --> Drooga's Pleasure Barge
Black Vulkars --> The Bastion
Daragon Trail --> The Bastion

*European Server (German)*
The Cinzia --> The Jedi Tower
Murakami Orchid --> The Jedi Tower
Pius Dea --> Jar'Kai Sword
Loramarr --> Jar'Kai Sword

*European Server (English)*
Rogue Moon --> The Red Eclipse
Sluis Shipyards --> The Red Eclipse
Uthar Wynn --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Ula Vii --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Tassaa Bareesh --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd
The Exile's Crystal --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd
Kai-kan --> Tomb of Freedon Nadd

*European Server (French)*
Hssiss --> Mantle of the Force
Baron Deathmark --> Darth Nihilus
Atris --> Darth Nihilus

YESS!!!

skrilla

Neo Member
holy hell the fatman is going to be super stacked... and Mav it's looking like we might end up on the bastion...

UltraMav

That's kind of the point, fill up servers.

I know, I just thought they'd slow down a bit on that one to give it time to level off before sending more people in.

holy hell the fatman is going to be super stacked... and Mav it's looking like we might end up on the bastion...

Yeah it is beginning to look that way. Especially if they are cramming the servers full, they're going to need all of the West Coast PvP refugees in one place to make that happen.

Alur

That was an epic huttball game, just running and gunning on both sides. We got lucky at the end, for sure.

I know, I just thought they'd slow down a bit on that one to give it time to level off before sending more people in.

Kinda hard to say at this time of day, primetime will be better indicator, but even some of the destination serves right now with multiple transfer sources are still listed as light /standard on the server list. Unless they increased server capacity already and they are able to stuff far more people in now

Heysoos

That was an epic huttball game, just running and gunning on both sides. We got lucky at the end, for sure.

Yeah it was pretty good, I don't think these guys play as much Huttball as KV did :lol. A lot of these guys are clueless as to how to play defense.

Top Bottom