• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

UltraMav

Has anyone been on the bastion to check out the population since these newest transfers?

Yep transferred all of my characters and played some PvP for the first time in weeks. When I logged off there were about 300 on Republic fleet. Got my whole daily in half an hour or so. Missed frequent queue pops so much.

Now it's time to start recruiting for the guild again now that there is actually a population to recruit from!

skrilla

Neo Member
Yep transferred all of my characters and played some PvP for the first time in weeks. When I logged off there were about 300 on Republic fleet. Got my whole daily in half an hour or so. Missed frequent queue pops so much.

Now it's time to start recruiting for the guild again now that there is actually a population to recruit from!

so... NOW can i ask what guild you're in? heh

Moaradin

Bastion population:
jbfNGpTa6KzsxJ.png

Around 500 people on the fleet. It feels good to play an MMO again =)

Alur

Nah ... there's a bunch of pve east servers that had around the same pop as Kv or a little bit higher, some are definetely going to be a source server.

If so, what other server could be the source? They already have two, JC and Canderous Ordo. I feel like that might be an issue at this point.

Granted they have a million servers, but maybe they should've fed to 3 instead of 2 to begin with if that was their plan. I'm sure they know the numbers on each better than we do, or Torstatus as well, but I hope #3 doesn't get gimped if it happens.

We had around 160 on fleet imp side when I logged off this afternoon around 2:30. Good times!

skrilla

Neo Member
Hmm... tried to friend you but says you do not exist.

Maybe i need to log in to the server for the first time. I'll be on when i get home from work. Now that i think about it, that makes me think that my name has been changed. I hope BW doesn't sheem me.

Francois424

Neo Member
Just to be sure, when you transfer and your name is already taken...

You (the player) chooses what new name you want to use instead right ?

Last thing I want is some BW employee arbitratingly deciding how my character should be named...

Moaradin

Just to be sure, when you transfer and your name is already taken...

You (the player) chooses what new name you want to use instead right ?

Last thing I want is some BW employee arbitratingly deciding how my character should be named...

Yep. Same with your Legacy if it's taken.

UltraMav

Maybe i need to log in to the server for the first time. I'll be on when i get home from work. Now that i think about it, that makes me think that my name has been changed. I hope BW doesn't sheem me.

Ah I see. Well if I'm not on when you log in later just send me a mail with your name and mention you're from GAF and I'll set it up.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Is it simply anyone who is on the destination server who has your name? If if they bought the game last week?

I was hoping it would at least be who had the name first :(

Dunlop

Most my names should be safe with how I made em, I just got like two I'm concerned for. My Legacy I know wont be taken.

just make alts with the name you want to save on the server and delete it right before you transfer. I did mine on the 4 possible PVE servers (I'm pretty sure there will be 3 max when this is all done)

UltraMav

just make alts with the name you want to save on the server and delete it right before you transfer. I did mine on the 4 possible PVE servers (I'm pretty sure there will be 3 max when this is all done)

Yep I did this with both The Bastion and The Swiftsure to cover my bases. Had to change all of them anyway but wanted to reserve my next best names just in case.

I really don't care that much about the names, they can be easily replaced or altered to sound the same. I can wait

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Well 3 of the destination servers currently have 10-15 min waits - The Ebon Hawk, Bastion and Fatman. The two east coast PVE servers are listed as Full but no queues.

So maybe the next batch of east coast PVE servers will be going somewhere else? There are still 24 of those.

Well 3 of the destination servers currently have 10-15 min waits - The Ebon Hawk, Bastion and Fatman. The two east coast PVE servers are listed as Full but no queues.

So maybe the next batch of east coast PVE servers will be going somewhere else?

That's worrying since where the heck is everyone else supposed to go

StudioTan

Most likely Krayt Dragon or Shadow Lands.

Or Sith Wyrm! *crosses fingers*

My second choice would be Shadow Lands, I got both the names I want reserved there.

That's worrying since where the heck is everyone else supposed to go

It's not that bad, 10 servers each went into JC and CO, some with pretty decent populations. The rest can probably go into 1 server and get similar populations.

aett

Wow. I logged in to the Republic Fleet, and into a second instance that had opened up because of all the people. There were only nine people in my instance, but a few minutes later I had logged out and back into the main instance and there were over 270 people. I checked the Imperial Fleet and there were over 280 people (at least in the main instance). This is crazy, and the way it should be.

Bring on the group finder.

Not sure yet where I'll be transferring my lvl 50 Sent once Dreshdae Cantina is added to the transfer lists. Then again I did roll a SW on Fatman...

StudioTan

Not sure yet where I'll be transferring my lvl 50 Sent once Dreshdae Cantina is added to the transfer lists. Then again I did roll a SW on Fatman...

You'll only have 1 choice where to transfer.

Alur

Other than the Rakghoul plague, this is the single best move these Bioware dudes have made yet. Please follow quickly with content so our friends keep playing! lol

Wallach

I'll probably re-sub whenever I see Hyperspace Cannon on this transfer list. Wish they'd done this earlier, but at least it's good to see that the results have been effective.

First round for today:

NA Server
Davik's Estate --> Prophecy of the Five
Naddist Rebels --> Prophecy of the Five
Bondar Crystal --> Prophecy of the Five
Veela --> Prophecy of the Five
Infinity Gate --> Prophecy of the Five
Gardens of Talla --> Prophecy of the Five
Eidolon Security --> Jedi Covenant
Nathema --> Jedi Covenant
Juyo --> Canderous Ordo

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ya, looks like Prophecy of the Five is going to be the 2nd US East PvP server. Wouldn't be surprised to see my server, Anchorhead, being able to hop there by the end of the day.

Apparently POT5 is one of the deadest servers that exists. WTB Fatman : \

Ya, looks like Prophecy of the Five is going to be the 2nd US East PvP server. Wouldn't be surprised to see my server, Anchorhead, being able to hop there by the end of the day.

Apparently POT5 is one of the deadest servers that exists. WTB Fatman : \

Them sending 6 servers right now to there should make it not dead. They will probably send more there later also. Fatman is filled up to capacity it seems and theres probably lot of folks on the source servers that have yet to transfer or log on.

PVE EAST is going to need a new server, surprised they are still sending people to JC and CO

StudioTan

I'm really curious if they're still going to allow people to make characters on servers that have had transfers offered. I'd hate to be a new player who didn't know what was going on and picking a server with a dozen people on it total.

Are there even going to be any hold-outs who refuse to transfer and are fine playing by themselves or with a small group of friends?

I realize eventually they'll probably close all these servers and force people to move but how far away is that?

I'm really curious if they're still going to allow people to make characters on servers that have had transfers offered. I'd hate to be a new player who didn't know what was going on and picking a server with a dozen people on it total.

Are there even going to be any hold-outs who refuse to transfer and are fine playing by themselves or with a small group of friends?

I realize eventually they'll probably close all these servers and force people to move but how far away is that?

True, they should lock character creation on the source servers. But you got players who just aren't going to leave and they are going to want to still be able to create characters on their legacy and such.

Draxal

Honestly, I wish Bioware's pr was ten times better (wish Stephen Reid was back), their stone wall of silence on handling the transfers is just fanning the flames right now.

Zafir

Honestly, I wish Bioware's pr was ten times better (wish Stephen Reid was back), their stone wall of silence on handling the transfers is just fanning the flames right now.
True enough. Also wish they changed the name system before they did this too. By the time my server is given a destination all the names will be gone.

aett

They would see that the server is Light and hopefully choose a different one. If not, it's their fault.

Francois424

Neo Member
True enough. Also wish they changed the name system before they did this too. By the time my server is given a destination all the names will be gone.

If you know that you can end on only two servers, just go ahead and try to reserve your names. I reserved mine this morning on JC and Ordo, I'm only loosing 2 names, in which I will replace the "o" by an "ø" , so not a big deal. And if they open another superserver, I'll just reserve my names there as well.

But I definitely agree that they should have reworked the name system. Heck they should be tied to a specific account name; I've never ever seen anyone who uses *any* of my 8 toon's names, not on the GTN, not in PvP, not in party or jus plain walking by me. Anyways, that's how it was handled in Ultima Online in 1997, and the universe didnt shatter from the fact, hehe.

They would see that the server is Light and hopefully choose a different one. If not, it's their fault.

True to some extent. This game is Auction house Heavy (ie: GTN) before the level 50 dailies.
Not all MMO's where/are as dependent to Player economy to make basic money for crafting as SWTOR is.
In some online games I played, being on a light server was not as stupid as it might seem.

Top Bottom