• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Draxal

No transfers today (their reasoning is actually legit). Bioware's going to have the kraken unleashed on them on the boards.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
It has already been unleashed while going through that thread.

No kidding, I was able to read about 2 pages before I had to close the tab because it was making my head hurt.

That kind of whining during launch was what got us into this mess in the first place.

The immediate reaction to his posts were extremely unhappy and I expect it to get worse. They kinda fucked it up by having so many servers transfer earlier, leading to high expectations for the rest.

People's expectations are their own fault. They said this was going to go into next week but people are "quitting" because every server isn't being transferred before the weekend.

Draxal

People's expectations are their own fault. They said this was going to go into next week but people are "quitting" because every server isn't being transferred before the weekend.

Eh, I think East pve is in a good spot. But if I was one of the two East pvp servers still left, or 3 Euro pvp servers I would be really pissed as it seems Bioware doesn't know what they are going to do with the two of them.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think I might start a Sharpshootin' Chiss Smuggler this weekend. Or I'll just continue to not play the game. Still undecided.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's actually been very good for both LOTRO and DC Universe, while i would rather it stay a P2P mmo if it gets them to pump out content quicker then i am all for it

I play DDO off and on, and I never would have given it the time of day it didnt go F2P. I'm not alone, either. The game was on it's last legs before it changed models, and now it's thriving, has fairly regular updates, and an expansion coming out later this month.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
You could search on http://tor-fashion.com/. I know for a fact that the level 20 bind account chest has a hood.

edit. Just got an e-mail saying transfers are open, going to check now.

If you had made characters on Krayt Dragon you would have gotten the email since it was moved into Shadowlands yesterday.

HBroward

And for the record, some chests have the hood up if you are an operative, but down if you are a sniper. I believe the Rakata operative chest functions like that. I can't think of a hooded piece of armor for my sniper off the top of my head.

HBroward

Unless they surprise released 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 all tomorrow, I don't know how it could be any more awesome then it is right now on these full servers!*

*Assuming you aren't one of the ones stuck on a dead server all weekend at least.

Francois424

Neo Member
Unless they surprise released 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 all tomorrow, I don't know how it could be any more awesome then it is right now on these full servers!*

*Assuming you aren't one of the ones stuck on a dead server all weekend at least.

You had to rub it in didn't you...
/shrugs

HBroward

You had to rub it in didn't you...
/shrugs

I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to, you can always roll an alt on our server if you want! Payed transfers will come one day, and then he can be reunited with your other characters where ever you end up. OK, not an ideal solution, I admit.

Supposedly you're supposed to go power after you hit 1600 of your main stat due to dim returns.

Yeah power increases your output more than the main stat, but the main stat makes it up by also increases you're critical chance, however that has diminishing returns, once your critical chance gets close to 35%, go for power.

HBroward

Is anyone playing on a Mac book pro? I want to buy one and would like to know how it runs.

It ran great on mostly high settings on my 2011 17" MBP, the new model should be able to max it for sure, the non retina model more so then the retina.

Edit: You definitely don't want the 13" though, it doesn't have a discrete gpu. The base 15" non retina only has a 512gb 650m vs the 1gb the other models have also.

Francois424

Neo Member
I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to, you can always roll an alt on our server if you want! Payed transfers will come one day, and then he can be reunited with your other characters where ever you end up. OK, not an ideal solution, I admit.

Tempting, but I've invested lots of time into my current characters... starting over from scratch (no money, no craftskills to make stuff) is too daunting.
Maybe I will someday, especially if Togruta ever becomes playable... Would give me just the reason to do it.

HBroward

Community Q&A is up.

GarrickBlackSun: I understand he is a long way off, but could you please possibly give us any sort of clearer or better insight to the unlocking of HK-51?

Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): The only thing we’re saying today is its going to take a serious amount of work, involves a galaxy-wide mission, introduces some different ways of playing the game and most people will need to have a 50 of one faction and at least a mid-level character from the other faction. Get working on those Legacy characters!

Kingofthebritons: In last weeks’ announcement, we learned that the level cap will be increased later this year. With this change in mind, will any changes be made to the current PvE endgame? For example, will the difficulties for Hard Mode Flashpoints and Operations be increased to match the new level? If not, could you explain why?

Daniel: We’re keeping a tight wrap on details about the level increase later this year until we’ve done far more testing. Right now we have plans and theories but no empirical numbers for what, if any adjustments will need to be made to PvE endgame content.

So we don't actually need a 50 on both factions for HK, thankfully, and the level cap increase seems like it is still pretty far out. I guess this was a pretty good Q&A, still have the same questions being asked and answered though. Threat generation? Really? And they didn't even take that opportunity to address what is changing with threat generation in 1.3, which will clearly be asked and answered in next week's Q&A.

StudioTan

Community Q&A is up.

So we don't actually need a 50 on both factions for HK, thankfully, and the level cap increase seems like it is still pretty far out. I guess this was a pretty good Q&A, still have the same questions being asked and answered though. Threat generation? Really? And they didn't even take that opportunity to address what is changing with threat generation in 1.3, which will clearly be asked and answered in next week's Q&A.

Heh, in addition to my level 50 on the pub side I have a 25 BH on the Imp side, so that's exactly mid level :p

Tarazet

So I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to play my Assassin as a DPS. It's not that I think the tank nerf is that terrible, I just want to try the other roles. My ideal for the class is something like a Concealment operative - the ability to pounce on an isolated target in PvP from stealth and destroy it. They're glass cannons, so the burst needs to be really significant, and I've found it just isn't there if I have 31 points in Deception. If I try to pounce on someone they can just turn around and murder me. Either there's something really obvious I'm doing wrong, or the stacking dots in Madness would simply suit my playstyle better.

HBroward

I found the guy with your name Azurae, Azura Lapis, Merc Healer. Now I just need to find who the hell has Trevin on this server.

Top Bottom