• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Milly79

How about instead of a GAF vs EE premade, Cystm, you meet us on the field of battle in rated when we break back out "The Artists Formerly Known As The GAF Empire" Rated WZ team we've been talking about?

As soon as I get a little better, sure. It doesn't help Trevin toots my horn all night. :[

Alur

I'll be in touch with you folks in game, I finally got the rest of this team rounded out.

Also, Cheeks and I queued into a pug with a who's who from PVP guilds on the imp side. Played a PUG republic group, lost 100-0 in Novare Coast. Myself, Cheeks, and one other kept our mouths shut - the other 5 of our 8 took turns cutting each other person on the team down in every way possible.

These were good players too, but it was like watching a pack of wolves who all wanna be the alpha. Literally no cohesion, people just running every where with no backup like they were unstoppable. I LOL'd in between the tears.

In the last 5 days I've lost 9 games total (at least 12-15 games a night played, sometimes more)...two of those losses today with that same group of folks. Just wow.

Westlo

Hmm was thinking of checking things out again quickly before my sub expired, yet after a fresh install my launcher won't update to download any patches that have came out in the last... 5 months?

Anyone know what's up? I'll rather not have to redownload everything...

Wallach

I hope they take another look at Legacy Inheritance & Birthright gear in 1.4. It's so silly to see the Birthright kits on the daily commendation vendors for like 200-250 commendations per item. I actually kind of like how they are either static pieces or mod-capable shells (so that you don't just gear up in these items once and lose any sense of item progression while leveling), but the way the tokens are acquired is really whacked. You'd think it would be more tied to the Legacy system they are supposed to be a part of.

Hmm was thinking of checking things out again quickly before my sub expired, yet after a fresh install my launcher won't update to download any patches that have came out in the last... 5 months?

Anyone know what's up? I'll rather not have to redownload everything...

Try running a repair.

Giolon

I hope they take another look at Legacy Inheritance & Birthright gear in 1.4. It's so silly to see the Birthright kits on the daily commendation vendors for like 200-250 commendations per item. I actually kind of like how they are either static pieces or mod-capable shells (so that you don't just gear up in these items once and lose any sense of item progression while leveling), but the way the tokens are acquired is really whacked. You'd think it would be more tied to the Legacy system they are supposed to be a part of.

You'll notice that there's only two pieces of each tier available by Daily Commendations (and a couple pieces of Space vendor for even more ridiculous prices). The primary method of getting these things is simply world drops. Bio did state in a recent QA that they think the drop rate is too low and plan to boost it (not sure when).

You'll notice that there's only two pieces of each tier available by Daily Commendations (and a couple pieces of Space vendor for even more ridiculous prices). The primary method of getting these things is simply world drops. Bio did state in a recent QA that they think the drop rate is too low and plan to boost it (not sure when).

Only one ive had drop was an offhand on Taris, saw the Infected bantha drop a few pieces when the Rakghoul event was going on as well.

Are they worth the comms? Well my agent is now level 26 and is still using the inheritance main and offhand for the past 10 levels and I still haven't seen a weapon that could come close stat wise to replace it, downside is you can't customise them obviously.

If you could use them on one character and then move them and use them on another lowbie character they would definetly be worth the price I think.

Zafir

The short queues are nice but boy there's a tonne of idiots queuing on empire side, most of which are newly dinged 50s without even any recruit gear. Worst part is they start moaning when were losing... I wonder why. :|

Why am I only just finding out now that the War hero relics are best in slot for PVP AND PVE in 1.3?

+226 Power off 2 together yes please!

Wallach

I know it's not the main way to get them, but it's the only direct method of getting them. They're just not valuable enough items to justify their cost even factoring in not having to deal with RNG from drops or crafting missions. I just feel like they need a revision as to how they're distributed, as it could address both the cost issue as well as how disconnected they feel from the Legacy system itself.

I know it's not the main way to get them, but it's the only direct method of getting them. They're just not valuable enough items to justify their cost even factoring in not having to deal with RNG from drops or crafting missions. I just feel like they need a revision as to how they're distributed, as it could address both the cost issue as well as how disconnected they feel from the Legacy system itself.

Im sure they have realised that no one is buying them, I reckon they will be reduced to like 40 comms each by 1.4

Giolon

Im sure they have realised that no one is buying them, I reckon they will be reduced to like 40 comms each by 1.4

The funniest thing is that the pieces that can be purchased with Space Commendations cost 1300. ROFLMAO Bioware...nobody's doing 13 days of Space Dailies just to buy one of those things.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Started a Scoundrel the other day and I really like the mechanics. Also surprised how much I like the story too.

Smuggler story is great....well, let me clarify, the story is ok, but the dialogue is great. Are you playing as a male or female?

Enosh

any changes to the relics? really don't feel like getting 400 daily coms, so still running with a columi one and the HM droid one -.-
but then again, I am lazy in general, only 2 datacrons, no augments...

still highest dps in guild :p

Draxal

any changes to the relics? really don't feel like getting 400 daily coms, so still running with a columi one and the HM droid one -.-
but then again, I am lazy in general, only 2 datacrons, no augments...

still highest dps in guild :p

I hope you like pvp (Warhero Relics are bis).

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Female. And yeah, the dialogue is fantastic.

Ah, that's too bad. I already have a male 50 gunslinger and now I've gotten to level 20something on a female scoundrel. One of the best parts is the repartee between the male smuggler and his romantic interest companion
Risha
. The back and forth is great between them. Corso meanwhile is dull as dishwater.

Cystm

Sure hope they bring out paid transfers soon, I want to bring my Assassin from The Fatman over to JC.

Me too. I have no credits on JC, and my Assassin is just collecting dust with it's 8 million credits (Not meant to be a stealth brag) that could be utilized on my JK!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important Tournaments
The World Cup
The FIFA World Cup, often simply the World Cup, is an international association football competition contested by the senior men's
national teams of the members of FIFA. The championship has been awarded every four years since the inaugural tournament in
1930, except in 1942 and 1946 when it was not held because of the Second World War. The current champions are Spain, who won
the 2010 tournament in South Africa. The current format of the tournament involves 32 teams competing for the title at venues within
the host nation(s) over a period of about a month; this phase is often called the World Cup Finals. A qualification phase, which
currently takes place over the preceding three years, is used to determine which teams qualify for the tournament together with the
host nation(s).

The 19 World Cup tournaments have been won by eight different national teams. Brazil have won five times, and they are the only
team to have played in every tournament. The other World Cup winners are Italy, with four titles; West Germany, with three titles;
Argentina and inaugural winners Uruguay, with two titles each; and England, France, and Spain, with one title each. The World Cup
is among the world's most widely viewed sporting events; an estimated 715.1 million people watched the final match of the 2006
FIFA World Cup held in Germany. The next three World Cups will be hosted by Brazil in 2014, Russia in 2018, and Qatar in 2022.

eZTjXBG.png

Further Wikipedia Reading:
Instead of copying all of Wikipedia in this post, here are some links with lots of information for further reading.

FIFA Confederations Cup
The FIFA Confederations Cup is an international association football tournament for national teams, currently held every four years
by FIFA. It is contested by the holders of each of the six FIFA confederation championships (UEFA, CONMEBOL, CONCACAF,
CAF, AFC, OFC), along with the FIFA World Cup holder and the host nation, to bring the number of teams up to eight. Since
2005, the tournament has been held in the nation that will host the FIFA World Cup in the following year, acting as a rehearsal
for the larger tournament. Brazil hosted the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup from 15 to 30 June, which they won by defeating
Spain 3–0 in the final.

The tournament was originally organized by and held in Saudi Arabia and called the King Fahd Cup (Confederations Winners Cup
or Intercontinental Championship), contested in 1992 and 1995 by the Saudi national side and some continental champions. In
1997, FIFA took over the organization of the tournament, named it the FIFA Confederations Cup and staged the competition every
two years. Since 2005, it has been held every four years, in the year prior to each World Cup in the host country of the forthcoming
World Cup (the 2001 edition was hosted in South Korea and Japan, before the quadrennial pattern was established). Considered a
dress-rehearsal for the World Cup it precedes, it uses around half of the stadia intended for use at the following year's competition
and gives the host nation, which qualifies for that tournament automatically, experience at a high level of competition during two
years of otherwise friendlies. At the same time, participation was made optional for the South American and European champions.

mIMGs8P.png

Summer Olympics
Soccer, has been included in every Summer Olympic Games except 1896 and 1932 as a men's competition sport. Women's
football was added to the official program in 1996. Football was not included on the program at the first modern Olympic Games in
1896, as international football was in its infancy at the time. However, sources claim that an unofficial football tournament was
organized during the first competition, in which an Athens XI lost to a team representing Smyrna (Izmir), then part of the Ottoman
Empire. However, it is in fact unclear whether any competition took place at all; the Olympic historian Bill Mallon has written:
"Supposedly a match between a Greek club and a Danish club took place. No such 1896 source supports this and we think this
is an error which has been perpetuated in multiple texts. No such match occurred."

Tournaments were played at the 1900 and 1904 games and the Intercalated Games of 1906, but these were contested by various
clubs and scratch teams. Although the IOC considers the 1900 and 1904 tournaments to be official Olympic events, they are not
recognized by FIFA; neither recognizes the Intercalated Games today. In 1906 teams from Great Britain, Germany, Austria, the
Netherlands and France withdrew from an unofficial competition and left Denmark, Smyrna (one Armenian, two Frenchmen and
eight Britons), Athens and Thessaloniki Music Club to compete. Denmark won the final against Athens 9–0.

For the 1984 Los Angeles Games, the IOC decided to admit professional players. FIFA still did not want the Olympics to rival the
World Cup, so a compromise was struck that allowed teams from Africa, Asia, Oceania and CONCACAF to field their strongest
professional sides, while restricting UEFA and CONMEBOL teams to players who had not played in a World Cup. Many countries
fielded young teams, including France, who won the 1984 Olympic title, coincidentally in the same year that the main team won
the European Football Championship, less than two months before. Since 1992 male competitors must be under 23 years old,
with three over-23 players allowed per squad. The new format allows teams from around the world to compete equally.

KeBhoFE.png

Men's CONCACAF Gold Cup
The CONCACAF Gold Cup is the main association football competition of the men's national football teams governed by
CONCACAF, determining the regional champion of North America, Central America, and the Caribbean. The Gold Cup is held
every two years. Previous to 2015, when the Gold Cup did not fall on the same year as the FIFA Confederations Cup, the winner,
or highest placed team that is a member of both CONCACAF and FIFA, qualified for the next staging of that tournament.
Beginning in 2015, the winners of two successive Gold Cups (the 2013 and 2015 editions in the first instance) will face each other
in a playoff to determine the CONCACAF entrant to the next Confederations Cup. If the same team has won the Gold Cup on
both relevant occasions, there will be no playoff and that team will automatically qualify for the Confederations Cup.​

Women's CONCACAF Gold Cup
The CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup was a football competition sponsored by CONCACAF that sometimes served as the qualifying
competition to the Women's World Cup. It was held as a stand-alone tournament in 2000 and as a qualification tournament in 2002
and 2006. After the 2010 edition, the CONCACAF Women's Gold Cup was replaced by the CONCACAF Women's World Cup
Qualifier. The most successful country has been the United States.

DMjupOI.jpg

CONCACAF Champions League
The CONCACAF Champions League, originally known as the CONCACAF Champions' Cup, is an annual continental club football
competition organised by CONCACAF since 1962 for the top football clubs in the region. It is the most prestigious international club
competition in North American football. The winner of the CONCACAF Champions League qualifies for the FIFA Club World Cup.
The tournament consists of two stages. The group stage is played from August to October, in which there are eight groups of three
teams each. The eight group winners enter the knockout phase, which spans March through May. Unlike its European and South
American counterparts, the winners of the CONCACAF Champions League do not automatically qualify for the following season's
competition.

The title has been won by 28 different clubs, 17 of which have won the title more than once. Mexican clubs have accumulated the
highest number of victories, with 29 titles. The second most successful league has been Costa Rica's Primera División with six titles
in total. Mexican sides Cruz Azul and América are the most successful clubs in the competition's history, having won the
tournament five times each. The only teams to successfully defend the trophy are Cruz Azul, Pachuca, and Monterrey. The reigning
champions of the competition are Monterrey, after beating Santos Laguna 4–2 on aggregate.

YEWvc52.png

FIFA Club World Cup
The FIFA Club World Cup, commonly referred to as the Club World Cup, is an international association football competition organised
by FIFA. The championship was first contested as the FIFA Club World Championship in 2000. It was not held between 2001 and
2004 due to a combination of factors, most importantly the collapse of FIFA's marketing partner International Sport and Leisure.
Since 2005, the competition has been held every year, hosted so far by Brazil, Japan, the United Arab Emirates and Morocco.
Morocco is due to host the 2014 edition.

The first FIFA Club World Championship took place in Brazil in January 2000. It ran in parallel with the Intercontinental Cup, a
friendly competition first contested in 1960 by the winners of the European Cup and the Copa Libertadores. Previously called the
European/South American Cup, the competition has been officially known as the Toyota Cup since the 1980 season, following a
change in format which saw Toyota become the main sponsor of the competition until it was discontinued in 2004. In 2005, the
FIFA Club World Championship absorbed the Toyota Cup and the competition's pilot edition and in 2006 took its current name.

The current format of the tournament involves seven teams competing for the title at venues within the host nation over a period
of about two weeks; the winners of that year's AFC Champions League (Asia), CAF Champions League (Africa), CONCACAF
Champions League (North America), Copa Libertadores (South America), OFC Champions League (Oceania) and UEFA
Champions League (Europe), along with the host nation's national champions, participate in a straight knock-out tournament.
The host nation's national champions dispute a play-off against the Oceania champions, from which the winner joins the
champions of Asia, Africa and North America at the quarter-finals. The quarter-final winners go on to face the European and
South American champions, who enter at the semi-final stage, for a place in the final.

The 10 FIFA Club World Cup tournaments have been won by eight different club teams; Spanish Barcelona and Brazilian club
Corinthians have won a record two titles each. The other Club World Cup winners are Brazilian sides São Paulo and
Internacional, Italian clubs Milan and Internazionale, English club Manchester United, as well as German side Bayern Munich
with one victory each in the competition. Brazil's Brasileirão has been the most successful national league with four titles, while
Barcelona have the record for the most final appearances with three. The reigning world club champions are Bayern Munich after
defeating Moroccan side Raja Casablanca 2–0 at the 2013 final.

yS2bGIn.png

Lamar Hunt US Open Cup
The Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, commonly known as the U.S. Open Cup, is a knock-out
cup competition in American soccer. It is the oldest ongoing national soccer competition in the U.S. and the world's third-longest-running
open soccer tournament. The 102nd edition, to be held in 2015, is expected to be contested by 91 clubs from the three professional
leagues sanctioned by the United States Soccer Federation, including Major League Soccer, the North American Soccer League, and the
United Soccer League, and amateur clubs in the earlier rounds of the tournament after qualifying through their leagues. The overall champion
earn a total of $250,000 in prize money, while the runner-up receives $60,000 and the furthest-advancing team from each lower division league
receive $15,000. In addition, the tournament winner qualifies for the group stage of the CONCACAF Champions League, first represented by
2007 winners New England Revolution in the inaugural 2008–09 edition.

The competition was first held during the 1913–14 season as the National Challenge Cup, with Brooklyn Field Club winning a trophy donated by
Thomas Dewar for the promotion of American soccer. It was renamed to the U.S. Open Cup in 1990 and then dedicated to MLS owner Lamar Hunt
by the United States Soccer Federation in 1999. The 101st and most recent champions of the competition, Seattle Sounders FC, were awarded
their fourth Dewar Cup after defeating the Philadelphia Union 3–1 after extra time in the 2014 final.

7yUQ25p.png

StudioTan

Man, since the transfer I've been winning quite a bit in PVP, probably about 70% of the time which is the opposite of how it was on my old server, but today....yeah, not only lost every game but got completely destroyed every game. Every team we fought was a top of the line pre-made. I guess they're all practicing for tomorrow?

Alur

Me too. I have no credits on JC, and my Assassin is just collecting dust with it's 8 million credits (Not meant to be a stealth brag) that could be utilized on my JK!

I'm with both of you. I've got a 50 assassin and 42 sage on Fatman. Baby come back!

Twas the night before ranked, and all I could wonder...are we gonna look back two months from now and wish they had never put this in the game? God I hope not. I'm just thankful you can't have 8 mans in normal WZs.

EDIT: This from someone who solely PVPs every night.

Servers down and patches up.

Got a 230mb patch at the moment, hope they get the servers up early!

Edit: Maintenance extended 2 hours... that bodes well

Zafir

My guild isn't ready for ranked. May try and get a team together, but I don't hold much hope for doing well.

Wtb ranked with less people than 8.

UltraMav

Hopefully this maintenance deals with the awful lag I've been seeing in The Black Hole and Belsavis the past week. Dailies are grindy enough without being a GCD behind on all of your attacks.

Top Bottom