• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

Zafir

"UPDATE: At this time, we do not have an estimate for the end of the maintenance. Thank you for your patience."

They should have just said it was going to be a while from the start. :/

Wish they'd seperate EU maintenance from US maintenance too, do it when people aren't wanting to play.

UltraMav

Just wait until you load into the game and find out what was broken this time! Let's see, 1.2 killed sound, where do we go from here?

Zafir

Servers are starting to go back up. Just managed to get on mine.

Lol. People are pugging ranked warzones. They're so going to get owned.

aett

Just wait until you load into the game and find out what was broken this time! Let's see, 1.2 killed sound, where do we go from here?

1.2 made a couple of my characters bald for a while (when wearing certain equipment). Maybe 1.3 will remove their faces

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the level 10 speeder legacy thing. It'll make the first few planets a lot more tolerable on a replay. Does anyone know how much that costs?

Speaking of legacy costs, one of the developers said something about there being a ton of complaints on the PTS about the crazy 1.3 legacy costs, especially since they are per character and not for your entire legacy, so there was a good chance that they would lower the prices for the new bonuses when 1.3 officially hit. I wonder if that actually happened.

Moaradin

Everything seems good so far =)

Hundreds of people on the fleet and my FPS seems to be improved.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the level 10 speeder legacy thing. It'll make the first few planets a lot more tolerable on a replay. Does anyone know how much that costs?

Level 10 speeder cost 40,000 credits and level 5 legacy.

aett

Level 10 speaker cost 40,000 credits and level 5 legacy.

Sweet, that's better than I thought. I wish the Sprint speed increase had also made it into 1.3 like it was supposed to, but now that you can use the speeders almost everywhere, it's not a huge problem.

Wallach

Wow, the fleet runs a lot better after the patch even with shadows at max (I had shadows at low before).

Also enjoying my free 640k credits for having two 50s that PvPed before Recruit gear was even a thing.

Did they reduce costs on the legacy experience perks at all from the PTS? They were ridiculous

Last word is they are "hoping" for 1.4.

Don't think they have even said that is coming in 1.4 either. Just "soon"

Wow, the fleet runs a lot better after the patch even with shadows at max (I had shadows at low before).

Also enjoying my free 640k credits for having two 50s that PvPed before Recruit gear was even a thing.

Oh hows that work? You automatically get sent recruit set?

Draxal

Did they reduce costs on the legacy experience perks at all from the PTS? They were ridiculous

Don't think they have even said that is coming in 1.4 either. Just "soon"

Oh hows that work? You automatically get sent recruit set?

They said they were looking at 1.4 in one of the q and a's, legacy experience perks are still ridicuously crazy expensive (Aka don't bother until this becomes f2p), check the pvp quest vendor for the free recruit set or or the token that sell for 320k.

It was confirmed on twitter that the new companion is not out for this patch (so it wouldn't be a suprise like the rakghoul plague).

aett

Has anyone unlocked the Human legacy race bonus (+100 presence), either from reaching level 50 as a human or by purchasing it? I'm wondering how much difference the presence boost makes. The 50 bonus points I got from maxing out one character's companion affections made a very noticeable difference in my companion's damage output, so I would imagine that an additional 100 points would be amazing, but I didn't know if the bonus tapered off after a certain point.

Has anyone unlocked the Human legacy race bonus (+100 presence), either from reaching level 50 as a human or by purchasing it? I'm wondering how much difference the presence boost makes. The 50 bonus points I got from maxing out one character's companion affections made a very noticeable difference in my companion's damage output, so I would imagine that an additional 100 points would be amazing, but I didn't know if the bonus tapered off after a certain point.

It's very good bonus but remember the bonus from presence suffers diminishing returns at higher levels.

I got currently +190 presence just from legacy and it makes the first 10 levels of content on a new character laughably easy. Your companion can pretty much do the heroic content by itself with you watching, they literally are better than you so it makes leveling new alts alot easier. But once you get to the late 20's and into the 30's, you don't notice the buffs as much though it still is adding to them.

HBroward

It was confirmed on twitter that the new companion is not out for this patch (so it wouldn't be a suprise like the rakghoul plague).

NOOOOOOOOOO! My HK droid! Why Bioware, why?????

But seriously, one quick question. Is the lag from yesterday all gone?

HBroward

Can anyone comment on the new "very high" graphics option?

It's only for the option on how many characters are rendered at one time, not for any of the other graphic options unfortunately, although the game looks pretty good on high settings anyway.

Giolon

Can anyone comment on the new "very high" graphics option?

It just sets all graphics options to max. There's nothing new actually there. If you're just coming in after a long absence, they added high-res character textures in back in 1.2. It's the Texture Atlassing option (High).

Has anyone had trouble with the Group Finder commendation rewards? I've done two Mando Raiders runs on my Merc healer, and didn't receive the five Tatooine comm.s either time.

skrilla

Neo Member
It just sets all graphics options to max. There's nothing new actually there. If you're just coming in after a long absence, they added high-res character textures in back in 1.2. It's the Texture Atlassing option (High).

aww.. i thought we were going to have a new tier of graphics... the graphics whore inside of me was getting all giddy and what not lol

UltraMav

I should have just sold all of mine and bought some later for cheaper. But nooooo I had to be greedy and fully augment myself instead.

Cystm

♫

ysouJt0.png

SzWL1oq.png

fsGUDrM.png

SnMKvUJ.png

URYyHc3.png

hYCO9cu.png

Enosh

Gat damn.

Is there any credits to be had with biochem? The stim/adrenal/healthpack are amazing, but bound, and I need credits!
lol no, unless you count saving the money from not having to buy adrenals and stims
bioware decided to piss all over biochem since it provided some 20 primary stat over other profession back in the dark days of biochem dominance (which was proven to be utter bullshit at the guild summit thingy)

Heysoos

If they're going to remove Biochem adrenals and medpacks from being used in Warzone, then get rid of the fucking Cybertech grenades too. Utter bullshit.

how are they acquired?.. aside from buying them...

You have to buy them from a player. 1.3 launch day prices are crazy, even the Subelectronic parts are selling for decent creds today. Used to have to just vendor them as trash as they weren't worth the effort, but easily getting 2k for each now. Selling stacks I've saved up for good creds as everyone is rushing to make as many augments kits and augments as they can today.

Ken

Question: I have a friend who wants to pick up her commando again and finish the story. I was thinking of running through the story with her on my Vanguard but we're worried that the planets will have no one playing to help us on some of those party quests. How populated is Keller's Void nowadays?

Heysoos

Question: I have a friend who wants to pick up her commando again and finish the story. I was thinking of running through the story with her on my Vanguard but we're worried that the planets will have no one playing to help us on some of those party quests. How populated is Keller's Void nowadays?

Uh. KV is dead man. Good news however, is that all of KV moved to Jedi Covenant, and you can too! Free transfers. Populated planets all around.

Republic GAF is also still very much alive, if you would like to join us.

Ken

Uh. KV is dead man. Good news however, is that all of KV moved to Jedi Covenant, and you can too! Free transfers. Populated planets all around.

Republic GAF is also still very much alive, if you would like to join us.

How do you do server transfers?

Heysoos

How do you do server transfers?

Go to swtor.com
On the left hand column, right under the little robot picture you should see: Character Transfers

It should be easy peasy from there. Just clear your mailbox and GTN market stuff if you have anything there. Then just transfer away.

Ken

Go to swtor.com
On the left hand column, right under the little robot picture you should see: Character Transfers

It should be easy peasy from there. Just clear your mailbox and GTN market stuff if you have anything there. Then just transfer away.

I hope I remember my password. :I

It's been sooo long since I last logged in.

Francois424

Neo Member
Finaly was able to transfer to Correlian Run last week, just in time for my vacantion.
Good thing too, seeing how they nerfed my Assassin Tank AND my Trooper Commando yestertay.

At least I managed 50 on Commando before nerf (and a good thing too, cuz I kept dieing all the time on Correlia; Simply can't imagine going thru it now). Only lost 5% 'damage resistance' and 5% 'shield chance' on my Assassin, but I was already lagging behing my sister's Vanguard by a solid 10% (on DR), even tho I was decked in purple, and she had crappy gear (Mix of green/blue). Oh well, I do feel a 15% difference between 2 tanks is a bit much.

At least it's fun being with so many people online (~100-150 up to like 2AM est is nice), and it just gave me the final reason to roll a Vanguard.
Now if the new race (Cathar) can finaly be added, would give me something to do beside money =)

Draxal

Finaly was able to transfer to Correlian Run last week, just in time for my vacantion.
Good thing too, seeing how they nerfed my Assassin Tank AND my Trooper Commando yestertay.

At least I managed 50 on Commando before nerf (and a good thing too, cuz I kept dieing all the time on Correlia; Simply can't imagine going thru it now). Only lost 5% 'damage resistance' and 5% 'shield chance' on my Assassin, but I was already lagging behing my sister's Vanguard by a solid 10% (on DR), even tho I was decked in purple, and she had crappy gear (Mix of green/blue). Oh well, I do feel a 15% difference between 2 tanks is a bit much.

At least it's fun being with so many people online (~100-150 up to like 2AM est is nice), and it just gave me the final reason to roll a Vanguard.
Now if the new race (Cathar) can finaly be added, would give me something to do beside money =)

I'm liking corellian run alot, the server is really populated and there are not many asshats arounds. I'm pretty content with the game right now, with the high pop pvp q's and the dungeon finder giving incentives for geared tanks/healers to run. Hopefully Bioware can keep the content flowing so it does not stagnate agin.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Finished putting together my mostly orange gear look for my smuggler and I'm pretty happy with it. Certainly glad to not be a clone anymore.

Cystm

Nightmare Pilgrim!!!!!

With horrible framerate and all!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGh0xwxLSww

Oh lawd, son. That frame rate hurts my soul.

Grats on the kill, that fight is a bitch.

About to log in for the first time this patch. What are we doing with ranked?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9n0oxmc.png

USWNT site: http://www.ussoccer.com/teams/us-women.aspx
Quick Links
- Schedule
- FIFA Rank
- Facebook
- Twitter

Coach:
Jill Ellis

ADd3nMi.png

Ellis, 47, has experience coaching at every level of the U.S. Women’s National Team program and was an assistant on the 2008 and 2012 Olympic gold medal-winning squads. She has served as interim head coach on two different occasions, including the two most recent matches, and officially starts the job with an all-time record of 6-0-3.

She also shrewdly came up with a way to force integration of Rick's group into her community; with a house party in their honor. In doing this, she had each of her people situate themselves in knowing Rick's people (except for Daryl and Abraham, who did not socialize at the party), become comfortable in the company of the strangers who would soon receive jobs in the community, and teach people that even people outside of their community could be good people.

Jill is capable of looking at a conflict from both sides. Although she herself claims to care for the safety of only her people, she is able to perceive how Rick's group would have seen them at first glance.

Current Roster:

3SlGzeb.png

Previous Threads

Milly79

Yeah, it's pretty bad in 16 mans. 8 mans aren't a problem at all.

I enjoy the game, so it's not a huge problem to overcome.

That's the 4th time I've downed him since I've joined EE.

Cystm

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LJLSlcL.gif

Important Information

Major League Soccer (MLS) is a professional soccer league representing the sport's highest level in the United States and Canada.
Sanctioned by the United States Soccer Federation (U.S. Soccer), the league is composed of 19 teams — 16 in the U.S. and 3 in Canada.
Major League Soccer was founded in 1993 as part of the United States' bid to host the 1994 FIFA World Cup. Instead of operating as an
association of independently owned teams, MLS is a single entity where each team is owned and controlled by the league's investors. The
league's closed membership makes it one of the world's few soccer leagues not using promotion and relegation. The first season took place in
1996 beginning with ten teams. Seasons presently run from March to December, with each team playing 34 games in the regular season. Ten
teams compete in the postseason MLS Cup Playoffs culminating in the championship game, the MLS Cup.

The Supporters' Shield is an annual award given to the Major League Soccer team with the best regular season record,as determined by the
MLS points system. Akin to the minor premiership of Australasian sports (called a "premiership" by the A-League) and similar to the
President's Trophy of the NHL, the Supporters' Shield has been annually awarded at the MLS Supporters' Summit since 1999, and has been
recognized as a major trophy by the league. Since 2006, the Supporters' Shield winner has earned a berth in the CONCACAF Champions
League.

2014 Year in Review:
MLS Championship:

HIGHLIGHTS: MLS CUP 2014 - LA Galaxy vs. New England Revolution | December 7, 2014

LA Galaxy 2, New England Revolution 1
Major League Soccer's Most Valuable Player proved his value when it mattered most, scoring the goal in overtime that lifted the LA Galaxy
to an unprecedented fifth MLS Cup crown.

Robbie Keane, the game's MVP, finished a long ball from Marcelo Sarvas in the 111th minute as the Galaxy, playing in front a partisan sellout
crowd at StubHub Center, claimed their third championship in four years with a thrilling 2-1 triumph over the visiting New England Revolution.

Landon Donovan wrapped up his career with a title, winning MLS Cup for a record sixth time, as LA beat the the Revs in the championship game
for the third time, all of them in overtime.

The Revolution, the only team to play in multiple MLS Cups without a trophy, lost their record fifth final, three in OT and another on penalties.

It was a pulsating final, a first-half tactical battle that evolved into an end-to-end slugfest, with Gyasi Zardes providing LA a lead in the 52nd minute
and Chris Tierney netting the equalizer in the 79th.

Keane missed a one-on-one opportunity and Teal Bunbury hit a post late in regulation, forcing overtime for the ninth time in 19 MLS Cup finals.

Chances were few in the first half, a product of iffy passing – especially the Galaxy – and solid defending by both sides. Space was at a premium
and the best opportunities came from direct play rather than buildup.

The second half was played at a brisker pace, a more wide-open affair, and Zardes struck soon after Lee Nguyen had a penalty shout waved off at the
other end, becoming the first Homegrown Player to score in an MLS Cup.

Zardes' first touch took the ball wider, and he held off New England right back Andrew Farrell to create the needed space before firing across the goalmouth
and into the far-post netting.

Bunbury nearly gave New England the victory in the 85th minute, arcing a curling ball from the left that floated over Penedo and bounced high off the right post.

Keane scored his 23rd goal of the season for the Galaxy, all competitions, in the sixth minute of overtime's second stage. Sarvas sent a ball to the Irish striker on
the left, and he slotted past Shuttleworth to the right corner of the net from inside the box.

The Revs pushed forward in a vain search for an equalizer. Mullins forced Penedo to the ground for a save at the left post in the 116th minute, and Bunbury fired wide
from an abrupt angle on the right in the 118th.

Final Whistle blows. LA win. Landon Donovan goes out as a Champion.

7R43TJU.png
Mi5dDXn.png

Supporters' Shield Winner: Seattle Sounders
In front of an energized crowd of 57,673 at CenturyLink Field, Seattle Sounders FC
(20-10-4, 64 points) topped the Los Angeles Galaxy (18-9-14, 61 points) by a score of 2-0 to claim the 2014 MLS Supporters' Shield. The Supporters' Shield,
introduced by organized fan groups, is awarded annually to the supporters of the team with the best regular-season record in MLS.

The first regular-season title in Sounders FC history.

UGDsbR0.png
LPw7Hwf.png

MLS Team Listings
Major League Soccer's regular season runs from March to October with its 19 teams playing 34 games in an unbalanced schedule. Teams are
divided into the Eastern and Western Conference.​

Eastern Conference
Chicago Fire, Columbus Crew, D.C. United, Montreal Impact, New England Revolution, New York Red Bulls, New York City FC, Orlando City, Philadelphia Union, Toronto FC.

pDB2ijg.png

Western Conference
Colorado Rapids, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo, L.A. Galaxy, Portland Timbers, Real Salt Lake, San Jose Earthquakes, Seattle Sounders FC, Sporting Kansas City, Vancouver Whitecaps

5rfnAX1.png

Expansion Teams
Atlanta United FC
Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber announced that Atlanta has been awarded an expansion team that will begin play in 2017. The new team will be owned
by Arthur Blank, owner of the NFL’s Atlanta Falcons, and will play at the new world-class stadium soon to be built in downtown Atlanta.

Official Site: http://mlsatlanta2017.com/

Los Angeles FC

A new era for Major League Soccer in Los Angeles as MLS Commissioner Don Garber announced that a new team has been awarded to an ownership group led by
entrepreneur Henry Nguyen, sports and entertainment leader Peter Guber, and sports veteran Tom Penn. The new club is scheduled to debut in 2017 in a new soccer
stadium in the greater Los Angeles area built specifically for the team.

Official Site: https://lafc.com/

Minnesota United
Major League Soccer announced that Minnesota has been awarded an expansion team that will begin play in 2018. The new club will be owned by a Minnesota
ownership group led by Dr. Bill McGuire, and the team will play in a new soccer-specific stadium in downtown Minneapolis.

Official Site: http://www.mnunitedfc.com/

Supporters Groups Listings
Eastern Conference
----------------------------------------

Chicago Fire

Columbus Crew

D.C. United

Houston Dynamo

Montreal Impact

New England Revolution

New York Red Bulls

Philadelphia Union