• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Old Republic |OT2| In a F2Play galaxy far, far away

group finder is annoying, keep getting replacements or our groups put in the wrong roles. It seems to have issue with hybrid classes and will automatically put them in a healing or damage role at random, even if they unchecked their box. Lose a healer, finds you a replacement who signed up for damage.....

Alur

We had a good run in ranked PVP last night...much better than earlier in the day. Afternoon we went 1-3 with a group we threw together.

Last night one VM group went 2-2, and mine went 7-3. The sweet spot seems to be at least two ranged DPS on the team...and holy wow at all the three healer teams. I am surprised at all the healer stacking. We absorbed a few from the group that only played 4 games, and then later on took in Trevin (HBroward) and Camlost. It was pretty fun.

I'm still very concerned for a month or two down the road as far as PVP goes, but last night really felt like an event. I was even nervous before the first couple. Gotta love that feeling when playing a video game.

HBroward

Yeah, rated was really fun last night, even though I only got 3 games in. It's definitely a different beast then unrated for sure. The sorcs are still relatively squishy, but not 2 shot kill squishy. It's great having everyone geared out basically, really evens the playing floor.

Trouble

Banned
Since Kinetic Shadows got nerfed and Infiltration got stealth nerfed in PVP (even squishier and I heavily relied on my rakata adrenals and relics for bursting/survival), I respecced balance and I'm loving it so far. The playstyle is a bit different and I'm still learning, but the combo of DOTs/self heals and a Double Strike that hits like a truck is pretty nice. I think balance is going to become the popular PVP build for 1.3.

Zafir

group finder is annoying, keep getting replacements or our groups put in the wrong roles. It seems to have issue with hybrid classes and will automatically put them in a healing or damage role at random, even if they unchecked their box. Lose a healer, finds you a replacement who signed up for damage.....
I've been having this exact same problem. Even though I untick tank on the role selection list, if someone else in the group puts us in the LFG queue for something, it still assigns me as the tank.

Good thing they had it on the PTS for two weeks amirite?

Guildie who I was running the problem with was on the PTS using it same way and it wasn't doing it for him. I don't know if this is some new issue that popped up.

Anyways a patch is coming tomorrow I guess already for something.

CzarTim

Has anyone bought the new leveling perks?

I did the first 3 levels of WZ, Story Missions, and exploration on my Smug. I would of done more, but my Legacy isn't high enough. My goal is to just fill out the map and do the story missions while PVPing the gap between.

Not sure how much of a boost it is though. Better than nothing.

Effect

Have had my issue with the game but considering signing back up now that transfers have taken place. Also it's cheaper then buying a new game which is something I'm trying not to do. There isn't any talk about doing a "welcome back" event is there?

Have had my issue with the game but considering signing back up now that transfers have taken place. Also it's cheaper then buying a new game which is something I'm trying not to do. There isn't any talk about doing a "welcome back" event is there?
I think for 1.2 that welcome back event happened on the Thursday of that release week. I'd like to think that they'll be doing something like that again tomorrow. They haven't said anything about one though.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
No update tonight, it was postponed.

antonz

Haha.

Yeah they still say its not supposed to be happening. This happened once before though but the opposite. They told us servers were going down and they never did even after getting the messages of 15 mins etc.

Someone goofed somewhere

HBroward

Yeah we just got kicked, better wake up to a world event. And then a Kephess kill, sucker is going down tomorrow.

And the patch is downloadable now already, I foresee some new questing tomorrow.

Yeah we just got kicked, better wake up to a world event. And then a Kephess kill, sucker is going down tomorrow.

And the patch is downloadable now already, I foresee some new questing tomorrow.

Bit dissapointed we didn't do better after smashing the first 3 bosses into the ground.

It is overtuned shit tho as yooni always says, 1 dodgy rail shot or badly timed AOE attack from the walker just screws us up.

I know from a healing point of view what we need to do to improve (we weren't focusing on the tank dealing with Kephess nearly as much as we should have been)

Im confident we will do it tonight.

Haha, I love how around :25 some Jedi wanders through your raid on his mount from the left and exits right as if nothing was amiss.

He was actually there the whole time watching us beat it, he just decided to try and distract us I think at that point.

SpudBud

You guys haven't killed hard mode Kephess yet? We (GAF) got him down on Monday.

Really though, fuck that fight. It's overtuned and tough on both the tanks and healers. I wish you guys the best of luck. Kephess is no joke.

Milly79

You guys haven't killed hard mode Kephess yet? We (GAF) got him down on Monday.

Really though, fuck that fight. It's overtuned and tough on both the tanks and healers. I wish you guys the best of luck. Kephess is no joke.

We've only made it to the purple circle part one time. Small fuck ups here and there are killing us. Everything was so smooth tonight until we got the walker down to 4k and I look over and see one of our 3 snipers shooting at Kephess in the air. -_-

Thoraxes

So is group finder valid for leveling? I haven't been following the news but I read one of those update posts, and the lack of being able to do that kinda stuff is what pushed me away.

So is group finder valid for leveling? I haven't been following the news but I read one of those update posts, and the lack of being able to do that kinda stuff is what pushed me away.

You can group find for any flashpoint upto the level your at, you also get commendations but I see loads of people on the fleet moaning about how it doesnt work and stuff

Zafir

As well as the above. Might be waiting a while though if you aren't a tank or healer. Meaning questing or warzoning(with the perks) is probably quicker.

So new event rolling out today it sounds like. I guess it's good, unlike 1.2 this wasn't a big content patch with an event the same day. They needed to space that out that time, but this is good seeing how 1.3 didn't add anything content wise really.

Interesting, but it still happens regularly on live?

It seems to mainly be happening if your in a premade group with friends before you queue up as a group, or if your in a group and need to find a replacement for your group if someone leaves.

Alur

Yes and no. Yes, in the fact that I have actually seen games where things get capped more.

I've also been in a ranked game where no one capped mid at all, because it wasn't worth risking leaving the side you already had with that long run.

EDIT: So no world event today? :(

HBroward

It could still happen right, after the patch before Rakghoul, Reid tweeted a specific time that the event would start, and the servers didn't have to go down to bring it live. I will hold out hope!

Wallach

i feel like the wall on the first stage of void star is the bee's knees...

Great change. Not as sure about the Civil War wall fix yet, but it feels pretty good after four or five games. The bottom route is slightly longer but has the speed boosts and you aren't forced to commit to movement. Unfortunately the base rule set for Civil War is still pretty uninteresting; I'd like to see them try to add another layer to this WZ somehow.

Cystm

isnZmu1xxWiFs.png

Why should you journal?

I personally use my journal to better understand myself, to organize my life, and to clarify what it is I want to
do on a daily basis. It has cut down on procrastination and distraction which has long plagued my life. I use
it to vent. I use it to catalog ideas I don't want to slip away from the passage of time. To come back and
reflect and either reanalyze or appreciate the idea or thought. I use it in an earnest attempt to come to a
better understanding of who I am and what it is I want to accomplish on a daily basis.

i9VDLzKbG3duX.png

Choosing your journal

There are many types of journals and of course brands to choose from. I will list for you a variety options
so that you can hopefully find the one that works best for your needs.

i297rVMjYOYSF.jpg

Of the different types, there are:

There are many other brands out there, but this should be enough to get you started.

i9VDLzKbG3duX.png

Journals In Focus

Leuchtturm1917
i0yKNR4mZhxzh.png

Leuchtturm1917 are some of the most prevalent of the Journals in North America, along with Moleskine
and Rhodia. These are great ways to Bullet Journal. Nothing too fancy, but they get the job done well.

iq71fHE56WoY4.png

iPpKveRwCzM9T.png

Reviews / In depth info

Midori Traveler's Notebook
iVb87kTvpcYAb.png

As the name implies, if you find yourself going on a business trip, vaction, or if you just enjoy traveling this one
shines. It is highly customizable for a wide variety of needs. I really love the look of the leather, the refillable
notebooks and the plastic inserts that help organize life just a bit better. Reviews seem to indicate that the
paper takes to fountain pens just fine.

ivnJxIxDHAkmq.png

iEynIcCe5YzWC.jpg

Reviews / In depth info

Field Notes
iTkdIN0SOzlhw.png

These are fantastic and non-intrusive little notebooks to keep in your pocket. The paper quality is variable from
average to stellar depending on the review. I use a Moleskine notebook to take with me when carrying my
journal is not practical. Great for quick and dirty notation.
iT9kp8tZZORGM.png

iMJ7cDbJnwSHR.png

Reviews / In depth info

i9VDLzKbG3duX.png

Ways in which you can journal

The Bullet Journal

A Bullet Journal is progressively used from front to back custom fit as needed.

icqFrSxcZkcgo.jpg

"At the heart of the Bullet Journal is a method called “Rapid Logging”. Rapid Logging allows you to quickly
capture and parse all the different types of data we’re trying to digest on a daily basis. This technique
provides insights that can help you identify what’s important and weed out the things that aren’t. Figuring
that out will help focus your time and energy much more effectively. It’s the difference between being busy
and being productive."

ibpDhjDoBJDStK.jpg

You could use this in such a way as to get yourself better prepared for things such as: keeping track of your
nutrition you've set up with help from the Nutrition Thread |OT|, exercise sets the Fitness |OT7| thread helped
you out with, or you could use it for things such as your Steam backlog or to better participate in the 50/50 thread.
to better participate in the 50/50 thread.
participate in the 50/50 thread.
50/50 thread
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

i2t7CYaM8DSAV.jpg

Resources / Inspiration

Google+ Bullet Journal Community
Miss Zoot
Taming Data

i9VDLzKbG3duX.png

Scription Chronodex

iyi8Lps0exB9P.png

In the center of most pages you have this circle with wedges protruding from it that represent different times of
the day. You can attach your notes to these wedges to assign it a specific time of day or just to mark when
something happened. Every other page also provides an overview of the days of the week. The idea is that
breaking out of the confinement of the typical grid will allow you the freedom to plan in a more fluid way. If it
seems over-complicated, acknowledge that, and give it a shot. Not all brains are going to gather and parse
information in the same way.

ibqIYhQPlOC06I.png

Resources / Inspiration

Brandon's Notepad
Accidental Pen

i9VDLzKbG3duX.png

Related GAF
Bagels
threads

Writing-GAF |OT|
Neogaf Creative Writing Challenge threads
NaNoWriMo
Wooden Pencils
Mechanical Pencils
Ballpoint pens
Fountain Pens
Paper.
>2015 Hobonichi Techo<

Bagels Hobonichi thread inspired me to make my own OT for journals and the various ways in which to use them.

ibqpoQtfBDK5Ob.png

iGR49Am7DvsYA.png

iblqqUPIudH8eZ.png

iA5FNWIOfXQEd.png

ibh7ZGtI6b3NW1.png

skrilla

Neo Member
Great change. Not as sure about the Civil War wall fix yet, but it feels pretty good after four or five games. The bottom route is slightly longer but has the speed boosts and you aren't forced to commit to movement. Unfortunately the base rule set for Civil War is still pretty uninteresting; I'd like to see them try to add another layer to this WZ somehow.

The most interesting thing about civil war was the shortcut. lol

HBroward

The Legacy tooltip could be more clear - we'll look at improving it in the future. The perk itself (as noted earlier in the thread) does increase the chance of getting an augment slot on items that can have them. For items that can't, it gives you an increased chance for the effect of a critical when crafting those items (like producing an extra item).

They clarified the legacy crit crafting perk you can buy, glad to see this.

Wallach

On an unrelated note, I'm working on my first Force-user - a Juggernaut - after getting my Scoundrel (heals) and Powertech (DPS) to 50. I have to say, PvPing so far as a tank has been the most fun I have had in PvP in this game, including obliterating people in like three seconds as LOLPyro. It's a really great mix of defense, control and mobility. I don't even have Backhand or the "invisible bees" shit yet and I feel like I have a ridiculous amount of control. Shame about the damage nerfs in 1.3 but I'm hoping they come back around for Juggernauts specifically since they were already lower DPS than the other two tanks.

Alur

Agreed. Games are much more interesting now.

So far everyone I've queued rated with dreads Voidstar. This may be because we only have sorcerer healers though. It's definitely guess right or get roasted right off the bat when defending.

Top Bottom