• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft 1 : GAFers unite!

Zzoram

Sorry I left so abruptly orange_peal, my game crashed so I just left. Our game was over anyways.

On the bright side, I'm so glad I fixed my hosting issue. Turns out there were 2 port forwarding options in my router and I only did the first one, which is why I couldn't host before.

phinious

I thought I was good at gamming, until I tried this game last week for the first time in like 10 years. Damn this game is fast. The computer whooped me like 3 times in a row, really really badly...

Any newbs wanna play a game?

Blizzard

Banned
I'm in the channel. I'm not sure I'm improving, but I haven't played in a few days so I'll give it another go if anyone shows up who can host. :lol

*edit* Got 3! Terp, get back in here.

Blizzard

Banned
GG, sorry I got so confused near the end. :( I thought there were still squads of battlecruisers out there and everyone was yelling directions at me. I never know who to trust when squads of different units are attacking and I have my hotkeys mixed up! :lol

a176

Banned
Terproerg said:
hope u guys are up for playing some games tonight :D

are you playing music while playing sc? its been known to cause crashing in win7/vista systems (relatively new bug)

Blizzard

Banned
I'll get in the lobby. I have an hour or so. *edit* Terp and Mila dropped by, but no group. I'll try to check again around 7-9 EST tomorrow night.

Blizzard

Banned
Lurking in the channel if anyone is around in the next hour or so. IM me on Steam if I'm not in. *edit* No one tonight either. I'm not around tomorrow night, so see you Saturday. :p

Milabrega

I hopped on a lil bit last two nights, only other person on was Blizzard idle in the channel and halycon who got on when I was heading off.

think im done playing starcraft

the number of times i've been backstabbed by team mates is rather shocking

hope in starcraft 2 you can't unally :|

mcrae

PandaPandaPanda said:
think im done playing starcraft

the number of times i've been backstabbed by team mates is rather shocking

hope in starcraft 2 you can't unally :|

by gaffers?

also, in some versions you cant unally. like if you select something other than ffa or melee, i don't think you can unally

Blizzard

Banned
NeoUltima said:
So tonight? I been busy last few days couldn't play.
Ditto, I'm available tonight, though I'll probably be playing TF2 around 8-10 EST.

unless I killed it forever ;_;

*edit* I'll join in after TF2 if anyone wants to play. I think we may be doomed since the other hosting guy left, and Mila got a key to SC2. :(

JADS

Blizzard said:
Ditto, I'm available tonight, though I'll probably be playing TF2 around 8-10 EST.

unless I killed it forever ;_;

*edit* I'll join in after TF2 if anyone wants to play. I think we may be doomed since the other hosting guy left, and Mila got a key to SC2. :(

The difference in timezone isn't working out either, I am usually asleep when you guys are playing :(

Blizzard

Banned
I'll give it one more shot if anyone is still out there. I'm a noob, and I shall be idling in the channel for the next hour or so to see if someone wants to start a game. :) *edit* Going to do some 1v1s in the immediate future. US east GAF channel. *edit* Done.

I tried playing a game earlier and we killed the other team but then one guy on my team decided to be a dick and turn off allied victory.

Both of course said "allied victory is on" but obviously one person was lieing to be total dick. After 10 minutes I just took the loss, left and uninstalled the game.

I kind of remembered why I stopped playing Starcraft a couple of years ago.

It was a good run but hope none of this crap is in SC2 retail.

Zzoram

PandaPandaPanda said:
I tried playing a game earlier and we killed the other team but then one guy on my team decided to be a dick and turn off allied victory.

Both of course said "allied victory is on" but obviously one person was lieing to be total dick. After 10 minutes I just took the loss, left and uninstalled the game.

I kind of remembered why I stopped playing Starcraft a couple of years ago.

It was a good run but hope none of this crap is in SC2 retail.

So you met a jerk in an online game, and that means Starcraft has to be uninstalled? You do realize that Starcraft doesn't even have a ladder anymore, so your stats mean nothing right?

If you played Top vs Bottom mode instead of Melee then you can't unally your team. Melee is a mode you only play when you want to be able to backstab a teammate or gang up on each other in a supposed FFA (while using the actual Free For All mode prevents anyone from allying).

lol

I could care less about my stats. My stats are terrible and I don't give a crap. The fact that someone purposefully turned off allied victory(all of the enemy team were eliminated and left the game) just to be a dick pissed me off.

Well I don't know where you're getting that from not being able to unally but I find it kind of hard to believe that I lost my nexus and most of my buildings from a reaver drop unless he forced attacked it but whatever. The propsect of it happening is enough for me and this wasn't the first occurrence of it either. I know there are dicks on the internet but to have it happen ~4-5x out of 10 games is too much.

If a tree falls in the forest with no one around, does it make a sound?

emptyd.jpg

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Orangepeel said:
If a tree falls in the forest with no one around, does it make a sound?

emptyd.jpg
:(
I play against Computer now a days but I suck so I lose alot unless I mass up carriers/bc's :lol

Top Bottom