• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft 2 Beta - 1v1 Tournament

hobart

Ice Monkey said:
I will EAT YOUR FACE and RIP OUT YOUR SKULL and then calmly while reading a calvin and hobbes SHIT DOWN YOUR NECK

/ice monkey checking in

mwahahahaha.

Let's get this done today. I'm floating around because its Friday... so... my time is limited. FIND ME.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
No idea.
Trasher vs Walrus is over though.

I really need to stop over estimating my opponents. Playing vs Trasher I thought I had no chance of winning when I really did near the end.

Trasher

Hazaro said:
No idea.
Trasher vs Walrus is over though.

I really need to stop over estimating my opponents. Playing vs Trasher I thought I had no chance of winning when I really did near the end.
Crap. I was just trying to upload the replays, but I messed it up and deleted them I think. Fail. :( Can anyone else that was there throw them up please?

Anyways though, I won 2-0.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
valenti said:
haz u getting on tonight?
I was on before for 2 hours or so, right now it's 11 so I'll pass. I was just seeing if we could arrange it earlier than we needed to.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Tonight was the last night, guys. I hope you all get your matches done early before it hits Noon.

I'm still ready to play hobart but can't do it in the afternoon. I'll be able to get it over with tonight, so a coin toss isn't necessary if that's possible.

We both played last night apparently but missed each other by a nose.

ZealousD

ROUND 3 DEADLINE - START OF ROUND 4

Bracket Updated
http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html

Round 2 Loose Ends

1. Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram) Z vs fatty (Robert.fatty) - Zzoram wins by check in. Fatty is eliminated from the tournament.

2. MisterAnderson (PyroGX.ptmc) R vs shagg_187 (shagg.gaf) - MisterAnderson wins by check in. Shagg is eliminated from the tournament.

3. Elixtar (elix.elix) vs Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito) P - Cheeto wins by check in. Elixtar is eliminated from the tournament.

4. Ice Monkey (operation.cwal) R vs hobart (hobart.hobartaj) P - This matchup is getting a rare deadline extension, but only because the winner of this matchup was to be against TurtleSnatcher, who has already conceded his spot in the tournament. Their new deadline is at the end of this new round.

Round 4 Matchups

FromTheFuture (Alumnus.mosaic) P vs DemiMatt (demi.batsu) T

Procarbine (procarbine.red) Z vs nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) R

Hazaro (haz.ard) T vs valenti (valenti.valenti) T

Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram) Z vs MisterAnderson (PyroGX.ptmc) R

Trasher (trasher.trasher) P vs Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito) P

Pandaman (Panda.craft) R vs Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega) R

Ice Monkey (operation.cwal) R vs hobart (hobart.hobartaj) P
(deadline extension from Round 3)

Deadline is Tuesday April 13th at Noon EST. Remember to stay on your picked race during your matchups.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in and post your replays!

ZealousD

Milabrega said:
Its not like the Beta thread moves fast and you don't check it :lol ...

Then again maybe you don't. My bad yeah.

I check it, I just don't necessarily update the bracket on every post and I don't remember every single post made in it. I go through this thread when I do the updates, because I expect people to make the updates in this thread.

hobart

Ice (Operation):

I'm usually busy during the weekend. But seeing as how we have an extension... I expect you'll see me on past 12am EST Sunday and Monday. See you then?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
valenti said:
I can play tonight but sooner the better!
So we sort of did 1 game?

I don't know when valenti had to leave and if that changed his strat but I don't want to win by default AGAIN.

Anyway here is rep for Game 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?wyyyzlynmdm

I wasn't calling you a liar for mass dropping mards on my base can blaming something else, just realizing that you would leave right after.

Let me know when you want to continue if you can.

Meeru

Banned
Well I was called to work, so I did a last ditch effort. Stopping the cheese rush and your expo, of course I wanted to win that match. But I got called in to work. Remember when I said Saturday night was not possible for me when we first tried to schedule the match? Well I was optioned today, but later at 11pm they called me to work. :\ Seriously you can take the two wins, not gonna bother to schedule our matches again.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
valenti said:
Well I was called to work, so I did a last ditch effort. Stopping the cheese rush and your expo, of course I wanted to win that match. But I got called in to work. Remember when I said Saturday night was not possible for me when we first tried to schedule the match? Well I was optioned today, but later at 11pm they called me to work. :\ Seriously you can take the two wins, not gonna bother to schedule our matches again.
I'd much rather play you. If you do get open anytime just send me a PM.

Also you went 8 rax reaper on me :lol

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pro beat Vautrin? :eek:

Well I feel better since I beat pro once :lol

Zerg still imba so it's gonna suck. :[

DemiMatt

FromTheFuture said:
checking in or something

633788846891149840-handbanana.jpg

Round 4 Matchups

FromTheFuture (Alumnus.mosaic) P vs DemiMatt (demi.batsu) T

Demi Checking In

~8pm PST sound good?

ZealousD said:

And don't forget to check in and post your replays!

Ill post mine from Round 2 tonight b4 the tourney.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
hopefully me and mila can get ours in tonight too.

>_>

best of luck alu, remember to scout for proxies. cant trust this demi guy he's the shady type.

I forgot to check in for round 4, so here I am to check in (PyroGX). Zzoram sorry I didn't get on last night, my sister randomly came over and asked me to babysit her puppy. I'm down for today/tonight though.

DemiMatt

Pandaman said:
hopefully me and mila can get ours in tonight too.

>_>

best of luck alu, remember to scout for proxies. cant trust this demi guy he's the shady type.

shhhh! Dont give away my new strat!

Alright, so here are the results to Round 4's

Demi (T) vs. Alumnus (P)

Score:
Demi - 0 : 2 - Alumnus
Replay Pack: Demi vs. Alumnus

Game 1
Map: Steppes of War
Winner:
..... Alumnus .....

Game 2
Map: Lost Temple