• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft 2 Beta - 1v1 Tournament

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Fixed the error with valenti vs trasher, recheck the matchups.

When you post your summaries guys, if I see only one name, I'm assuming that that person won. Especially if you post the wrong replays. =P

I think that the deadline for this round should be delayed a day or so, due to the whole B.Net being down, etc. I was personally hoping to get my match out of the way today but there is no chance of doing so.

Wedge7

Hazaro said:
WEDGE GET IN HERE

Also I have mid-terms so I don't know if I'll make it / fail less.

Wedge checking in

Hrm, this is gonna be tough, dont know if I'm gonna make it either, I have my University finals on Thursday so its gonna be pretty tough. Haven't practiced/ let alone played in a while. That would be funny if you made it to the finals with 1 game played. :lol

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wedge7 said:
Wedge checking in

Hrm, this is gonna be tough, dont know if I'm gonna make it either, I have my University finals on Thursday so its gonna be pretty tough. Haven't practiced/ let alone played in a while. That would be funny if you made it to the finals with 1 game played. :lol
Well we can blame bnet and make it friday? :lol
Zealouuuuuus

ZealousD

Yeah sure, we'll delay the deadline by a day.

I think at this rate, every round from now on will be delayed by one day.

nilbog21

Banned
mila sorry im tabbed from sc2 both times i tried to response u went off line. if ur still around we can play our matches, i'l be around tomorrow evening too :D

ZealousD

Hmmm.... tonight's the last night if we were to stick with a 1 day extension. Are the b.net problems so numerous that we should delay it another day, or do you guys think you'll be fine to do your matches tonight?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If Wedge can't make it soon (a day / tonight) I'll go into the losers bracket.
Feel guilty.

Thrus night would probably work since his Finals are over?

Alright, so here are the results to Round 6's

Procarbine (Z) vs. Alumnus (P)

Winner:
Alumnus

Score:
Procarbine - 0 : 2 - Alumnus
Replay Pack: Procarbine v Alumnus

Game 1
Map: Steppes of War
Winner:
..... Alumnus .....

Game 2
Map: Lost Temple
Winner:
..... Alumnus .....

Game 3
Map: Blistering Sands
Winner:
... Anti Spoiler ...

ZealousD

I'm going to go ahead and extend the deadline by one more day. We've still got 2 of the 4 matches not done and the b.net problems seem to be continuing.

Wedge7

Dunno if the deadline is tomorrow at noon or whatever, but I should be able to play anytime after 4-5 PM EST tomorrow. Had a final today (thursday) and have another on Friday in the afternoon, so its been a rough few week or so, been studying like my life depended on it, which I suppose in retrospect it did.

Dunno how its going, but if its past the deadline, I'll 100% go to the losers bracket. It was my decision, so I dont think a coin flip is necessary. Haz was ready for the matches, so its all good. Besides, maybe working through the losers bracket could be fun hehe.

ZealousD

Wedge7 said:
Dunno if the deadline is tomorrow at noon or whatever, but I should be able to play anytime after 4-5 PM EST tomorrow. Had a final today (thursday) and have another on Friday in the afternoon, so its been a rough few week or so, been studying like my life depended on it, which I suppose in retrospect it did.

Dunno how its going, but if its past the deadline, I'll 100% go to the losers bracket. It was my decision, so I dont think a coin flip is necessary. Haz was ready for the matches, so its all good. Besides, maybe working through the losers bracket could be fun hehe.

Haz has been winning through concession/no-shows a lot already. The rules of the tournament already state that he'll have to take the hit on this one. He is NOT getting into the top four through technicalities alone.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ZealousD said:
Haz has been winning through concession/no-shows a lot already. The rules of the tournament already state that he'll have to take the hit on this one. He is NOT getting into the top four through technicalities alone.
Or am I :lol

Nop

http://www.mediafire.com/?monizgmy2um

Haz < Steppes of War > Wedge
Haz < Lost Temple > Wedge
Haz < Blistering Sands > Wedge

ZealousD

ROUND 6 DEADLINE - START OF ROUND 7

Bracket Updated
http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html

Round 6 Loose Ends

-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick) T vs valenti (valenti.valenti) T - Valenti wins by concession.

Round 7 Matchups

Procarbine (procarbine.red) Z vs -COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick) T

Hazaro (haz.ard) T vs nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) R

These matchups will determine who in the loser's bracket makes it to the final four.

Deadline is Monday April 26th at Noon EST. Remember to stay on your picked race during your matchups.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in and post your replays!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ZealousD said:
ROUND 6 DEADLINE - START OF ROUND 7

Bracket Updated
http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html

Round 6 Loose Ends

-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick) T vs valenti (valenti.valenti) T - Coolio wins by coin toss.

Round 7 Matchups

Procarbine (procarbine.red) Z vs -COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick) T

Hazaro (haz.ard) T vs nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) R

These matchups will determine who in the loser's bracket makes it to the final four.

Deadline is Monday April 26th at Noon EST. Remember to stay on your picked race during your matchups.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in and post your replays!

it's cool. give the win to val, a) hes proooobably better than me and b) im goin on a 1 week vacay starting tommorow :D

edit: also, it appears wedge won against haz going by haz's post

ZealousD

-COOLIO- said:
it's cool. give the win to val, a) hes proooobably better than me and b) im goin on a 1 week vacay starting tommorow :D

Alright, fixed.

edit: also, it appears wedge won against haz going by haz's post

He did. Haz is doing his match in the loser's bracket.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Same as its been. So many resets. Re-adding everyone sucks but at least we usually get the mega chat going.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
valenti said:
checking in. we played a 2on2 earlier, didnt get to the 1on1 yet

Checking in as well, are you on val? I'm working on some rather pressing HW and forgot about this completely, let me know.

ZealousD

If you guys don't get it done tonight I might go ahead and delay it a day. I'll use the recent database issues as an excuse. =P

ZealousD

That puts us at the final four then. Alumnus, Wedge, Valenti, and Vautrin.

Just a thought for the finals match. Somebody brought up that double elimin usually means that the winner of the losers bracket has to win twice to claim victory. Instead of being redundant like that, why not just raise the stakes of the one match a bit?

What if we were to turn the finals into a best of 5 matchup?

Top Bottom