• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starcraft 2 Beta - 1v1 Tournament

Cheeto

I think I was on too early last night for Trasher... I will try to catch him again tonight, but if I don't... just credit the win to Trasher, I'm in bronze league 1v1 and he's in gold... so he was likely to win anyways.

Trasher

Cheeto said:
I think I was on too early last night for Trasher... I will try to catch him again tonight, but if I don't... just credit the win to Trasher, I'm in bronze league 1v1 and he's in gold... so he was likely to win anyways.
Wanna play right now?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I didn't have time to head home after work, so I can't finalize the bracket for the next round for a couple hours. I'm extending the deadline for Round 4 by one day due to operational technicalities on my end. Trasher and Cheeto get another night to finish their match.

ZealousD

ROUND 4 DEADLINE - START OF ROUND 5

Bracket Updated
http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html

Round 4 Loose Ends

1. Hazaro (haz.ard) T vs valenti (valenti.valenti) T - Haz wins by concession

2. Trasher (trasher.trasher) P vs Cheeto (Cheeto.bandito) P - Trasher wins by concession

Round 5 Matchups

-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick) T vs Zzoram (zzoram.zzoram) Z

valenti (valenti.valenti) T vs Trasher (trasher.trasher) P

nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) R vs Ice Monkey (operation.cwal) R

DemiMatt (demi.batsu) T vs Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega)R

Deadline is Saturday April 17th at Noon EST. Remember to stay on your picked race during your matchups.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in and post your replays!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Trasher said:
Sheesh, why didn't Valenti and Haz play their game? It was to get into the final four. Wtf. =/
We played a practice game, then got 70% into another when he got called for work at like 11PM :[

ZealousD

Trasher said:
Sheesh, why didn't Valenti and Haz play their game? It was to get into the final four. Wtf. =/

Final 8, actually. Gotta count the loser's bracket.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
squeaked a by with a win against zzoram

i think he was the better player but he didnt know what to do against bancheese.

id post the replays but im not good with computers

Trasher

ZealousD said:
Final 8, actually. Gotta count the loser's bracket.
Oh, the winner of the loser bracket makes it to the final game? I didn't know that. :lol

Btw, checking in. Valenti, when is the best time to play for you?

Meeru

Banned
Trasher said:
Oh, the winner of the loser bracket makes it to the final game? I didn't know that. :lol

I think all day today is good since I don't have work today. I saw you on HoN yesterday btw but didn't get to play with ya.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Trasher said:

winner of losers is in the finals but he or she has to win twice to win the tourney. one to knock the winners bracket finalist into losers and one to eliminate him.

ZealousD

Pandaman said:
winner of losers is in the finals but he or she has to win twice to win the tourney. one to knock the winners bracket finalist into losers and one to eliminate him.

I'm not really sure I want to do that, though. We're doing Bo3 so it seems like that kind of redundancy isn't really needed.

Milabrega

Was just on =/

If you post again soon and are on i'll hop back if not we'll have to pick a new day. You could also bug Haly on Bnet to send me a message on irc to get on.

DemiMatt

GG Mila, it was quite a series.

Match 1 to Mila via Colussus
Match 2 to Me via Repears
Match 3 to Mila via banshee fail by me :p

Vague

Man, I'm sad I completely missed this thread. A bunch of gafers messages me in game yesterday so I must be on some list somewhere on this site, lost track of all the threads. Is there going to be another tournament directly after this one?

vautrin, if you're available then lets get the matches done sometime tonight 8-11PM EST. Sorry zealous for it being last minute and everything.

If it's a problem then I'll just concede to vautrin because a coin toss would give us equal chances when I'm rather sure these matchups would be a shut out of me anyways.

Milabrega

Trasher has had the most opponents (5) but has tied with me for most actual matches played (4) since he got one default win. Hazaro is in the Final Four of the winners bracket, having played a total of 1/2 of a match

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Milabrega said:
Trasher has had the most opponents (5) but has tied with me for most actual matches played (4) since he got one default win. Hazaro is in the Final Four of the winners bracket, having played a total of 1/2 of a match
It's ok Wedge will own me :lol

ZealousD

So, me being an idiot, I forgot today was the deadline.

New deadline is tomorrow at noon. We still have a couple of matches not done, so please get them done, people.

ZealousD

ROUND 5 DEADLINE - START OF ROUND 6

Bracket Updated
http://gafstarcraft2.comoj.com/gafbracket.html

Round 6 Matchups

FromTheFuture (Alumnus.mosaic) P vs Procarbine (procarbine.red) Z

Hazaro (haz.ard) T vs Wedge7 (wedge.wedge) T

-COOLIO- (COOLIO.nick) T vs valenti (valenti.valenti) T

nilbog21 (vautrin.ziz) R vs Milabrega (Milabrega.milabrega) R

The first two matchups will decide who will be in the semifinals for the winner's bracket.

Deadline is Wednesday April 21th at Noon EST. Remember to stay on your picked race during your matchups.

As a reminder, you can do your later round matches IF the bracket allows you to.

And don't forget to check in and post your replays!

Top Bottom