• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Zzoram

Raide said:
"The Hive cluster is under attack!"

*burrows*

Burrowing drones against reaver drops was pretty cool, until they started bringing Observers along. Running them is still the best strategy, since it doesn't leave them vulnerable to Observers or Psionic Storm.

Zzoram

DrEvil said:
I have this icon in my bnet profile page:

Picture1-1.jpg

I'm assuming this is what everyone's talking about?

I see that when I view it at kr.battle.net.

Ya, that icon appeared, and the beta opt-in closed. That, plus the game press being required to submit their account information by June 19th, suggests the beta is very close.

KHarvey16

I think it'd be more telling to find someone who didn't have that icon at this point. It's in my kr.battle.net profile too.

KHarvey16

Zzoram said:
Only kr battle.net has the icon, so maybe they get the beta first?

Dunno. A post higher up had an excerpt from a FAQ and that said the first regions to get access were gonna be NA and Australia/New Zealand.

ThatGuy

TheKingsCrown said:
How do people knjow the beta opt in closed? on my page it doesn't show anything about it closing or not being able to submit
You can still opt in but probably wont be considered for the first wave of the Beta invites.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
TheKingsCrown said:
How do people knjow the beta opt in closed? on my page it doesn't show anything about it closing or not being able to submit

I don't think it is, I just uploaded my settings to Blizzard. Unless you can do that whenever.

ThatGuy said:
You can still opt in but probably wont be considered for the first wave of the Beta invites.

I don't see why Blizzard shouldn't give out a SHIT TON of Beta invites, they can afford it easily, and it will send hype through the roof the more people that are playing it.

Crisco

Banned
Kodiak said:
I don't think it is, I just uploaded my settings to Blizzard. Unless you can do that whenever.

I don't see why Blizzard shouldn't give out a SHIT TON of Beta invites, they can afford it easily, and it will send hype through the roof the more people that are playing it.

Conventional wisdom is that they don't want a ton of people to play an unfinished version of the game and then end up not buying it for various reasons. However, that doesn't really apply to Blizzard games, so yeah, there really is no reason why they shouldn't other than not being too charitable.

Akia

Kodiak said:

They'll meet whatever quota they have in mind easily. The rest of the people who can't get in will be frothing to play the game anyways. In some ways, the people who don't get in are just as important as the beta testers when it comes to hype building.

Geeker

As much as I love sc and look forward to playing it, the spectacle that will be diablo 3 beta and launch will make me feel like 8 on christmas day all over again. <3 Blizzard

Any idea how long the beta will last? I guess an october/november release is plausible if the beta is a week or so away. How long did the wc3 beta last?

Zzoram

The beta will probably go 2 months. Hopefully they let all the Korean Pros play (particularly the B and C teams, since they don't have to practice for any tournaments and can focus on balance testing), as well as all the top foreigners.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Zzoram said:
Only kr battle.net has the icon, so maybe they get the beta first?

Maybe everyone in Korea gets a beta invite? :lol

Zzoram

ZealousD said:
Maybe everyone in Korea gets a beta invite? :lol

That would be awesome. They would submit more useful feedback overall, but Blizzard would have to have quite a large team of Korean translators to distil the feedback into something their programmers could use.

Minsc

Gold Member
dwin45 said:
Any word yet on system requirements for the beta and for the full game?

Minimum requirements will likely be pretty light, figure the performance to be something akin to what you get with WoW in a town I'd guess. It's the requirements for when the game is pressed to the highest it goes that I'm interested in seeing.

Akia

Fragamemnon said:
I am going to miss the bleeps and bloops from my probes if this is the case. :(

Or the sounds of my precious zerglings.
I find myself always repeating zerg unit noises after I click on them for some reason. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

from the teamliquid twitter:

TeamLiquidnetJust saw pvp game is fast and looks good. Multiple dt models not a problem. Tvz now w supply depot harass. Cancel recoups 100% now

bolded emphasis mine, that should make for some fun shenanigans (now that I think about it, this should mean I can cancel a manner pylon or a gas steal. Neat.)

Zzoram

Akia said:
Or the sounds of my precious zerglings.
I find myself always repeating zerg unit noises after I click on them for some reason. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

In interviews by foreigners, they commonly ask the gamer they are interviewing to make their favourite unit sound.

Zzoram

Fragamemnon said:

bolded emphasis mine, that should make for some fun shenanigans (though not for me since I am not good with terran).

Wow cancel recoups 100%? That'll make Protoss manner proxy and Terran unfinished walls more useful.

Akia

Fragamemnon said:

what??? are they already playing in the beta?

Zzoram said:
In interviews by foreigners, they commonly ask the gamer they are interviewing to make their favourite unit sound.

I would do the Zergling every time.

Zzoram said:

too bad they usually fail so bad, the OSL selection show was hilarious when they asked people to make a zergling noise and I think leta made something that sounded like a mouse. :lol

Zzoram

Fragamemnon said:
too bad they usually fail so bad, the OSL selection show was hilarious when they asked people to make a zergling noise and I think leta made something that sounded like a mouse. :lol

That would be because Leta is Terran. The only Zerg sound he knows is the sound of them exploding into little bits.

Zzoram

Fireblend said:
Is there any HD version of Battle Report 3? The one linked in the OP is youtube-quality and I have yet to watch it D:

That's because a Koraen site leaked it early. The official Battle Report 3 webpage on Blizzard's site isn't up yet.

Zzoram said:
That would be because Leta is Terran. The only Zerg sound he knows is the sound of them exploding into little bits.

True, but it still sounded like a mouse! Not even a zergling exploding to mnm fire made that kind of noise.

Kade

So is the beta going to appear in the "Manage My Games" section or is there going to be something in the Beta Profile Settings?

Blackface

Banned
I have had my WoW account merged with my battlnet account for a while now. I have also had my settings uploaded to battlenet with all the checkbox's clicked for a few months.

I assume thats how you Opt-in right? just have your settings etc.. uploaded before a specific date.

Top Bottom