• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hmm, shows up for me

2hi441w.jpg

Blackface

Banned
THe icon doesn't mean shit. I had someone just opt-in, they checked the Korean site and had the Icon.

People need to chill out.

Alright folks, almost there :D.

Any gosu 1:1 sc / wc3 players here on gaf? It's gonna be hell to even enter the big tourneys (esl, wcg, etc) so strict training is in order. APM 300 or bust :lol.

But seriously, any a bit more than decent blokes / girls around? It'd be good to have a solid group to spar against. Let's see if some of us can make a dent in the competitive scene.

Kade

I just think the icon just shows what beta you're opted into. Then again, there was no Diablo and Warcraft on when I was on the KR site.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
:lol

watching these battle reports brings me back, except back in the day I would only play NR20. I would get demolished in a real game.

Kunan

-COOLIO- said:
im going to be the first "old" starcraft pro one day

BRING IT ON
My dad, at 45, had a 3500-1200 record on battle.net :lol

Then he didn't logon for months and his account died.

FoxSpirit

Guys, simply log into your account via kr.battle.net and you'll see the icon and green writing. That confirm nothing, peeps are just teasing you.

Kade

It's only on the Korean site because the only way Koreans would notice it is if there was a separate button for SCII.

Teknoman

FoxSpirit said:
Guys, simply log into your account via kr.battle.net and you'll see the icon and green writing. That confirm nothing, peeps are just teasing you.

Yeah i've got the SCII beta button on the kr.battle.net

hobart

I'm down to play once everything gets up and up. I haven't played a strat game since WC3 and I'm a heavy DOTA player. I'd imagine that my skills won't get decent until I learn hotkeys and proper counters.... but... if someone wants to "test" the game with me... like... heavy exploration sessions... I'd definitely be down with that.

Ri'Orius

What's NR20? No rush... for twenty minutes?

How does that even work? Can you attack expo's, just not mains? Or do you basically just fast expand everywhere you can for the first ten minutes?

Won

Ri'Orius said:
What's NR20? No rush... for twenty minutes?

How does that even work? Can you attack expo's, just not mains? Or do you basically just fast expand everywhere you can for the first ten minutes?

There are custom maps with two sides, each with tons of ressources, each for 3 players. Game starts and people just expand, tech, get to the unit cap and then throw everything at each other.
But no idea why this takes 20 mins. :lol

Can be fun, if you are no good with macro and micro or were born without fingers.

Dina

Won said:
There are custom maps with two sides, each with tons of ressources, each for 3 players. Game starts and people just expand, tech, get to the unit cap and then throw everything at each other.
But no idea why this takes 20 mins. :lol

Can be fun, if you are no good with macro and micro or were born without fingers.

It's basically a way for noobs to still have fun. There used to be these retarded 'no rush for X minutes rules' in WC3 pick-up games as well.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Trax416 said:
THe icon doesn't mean shit. I had someone just opt-in, they checked the Korean site and had the Icon.

People need to chill out.

We want the beta badly bro

GIEV ME PLZ!

:lol

Dina said:
It's basically a way for noobs to still have fun. There used to be these retarded 'no rush for X minutes rules' in WC3 pick-up games as well.
:lol stupid stuff.

Can't wait to hear about the new battle.net leagues etc. It's gonna be amazing.

Tenks

Well I may know the ins and outs of every race, direct counters, indirect counters, build orders and statistics for every StarCraft unit but that in no way means I'm actually good at the game :lol

Zzoram

Tenks said:
Well I may know the ins and outs of every race, direct counters, indirect counters, build orders and statistics for every StarCraft unit but that in no way means I'm actually good at the game :lol

Ya basically. I watch enough Korean Professional Starcraft to know what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing, I just can't keep it all organized in my head and react on instinct in the heat of the moment.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Zzoram said:
"no rush 20" is pathetic. Good quality games average 20 minutes total.

NR20 minutes means you can basically do things like mass carriers, mass hydras, mass guardians/devourers, etc, when playing on BGH style maps of course.

It's the gametype that people play when they're not good enough for ladder play. The people that play the game this way don't try and pretend that they're pros, so just let them play the way they want.

lordy88

Zzoram said:
Ya basically. I watch enough Korean Professional Starcraft to know what I'm SUPPOSED to be doing, I just can't keep it all organized in my head and react on instinct in the heat of the moment.

Thus, God invented coaches.

Zzoram

ZealousD said:
NR20 minutes means you can basically do things like mass carriers, mass hydras, mass guardians/devourers, etc, when playing on BGH style maps of course.

It's the gametype that people play when they're not good enough for ladder play. The people that play the game this way don't try and pretend that they're pros, so just let them play the way they want.

I had lots of fun with my friends and we're all bad, and we didn't do NR20.

Standard play won't result in a killing blow before 8 minutes anyways. The only thing that happens before then in minor harassment to slow you down.

Johann

lordy88 said:
Thus, God invented coaches.

...who make you walk home if you screw up.

Exciting times coming up ahead. Starcraft 2 is going to do terrible, terrible damage to social lives.

Big-E

Everyone with the icon better get into the Beta or else Blizzard just created one of the biggest cock teases in the history of the industry.

CajoleJuice said:
you guys all sound so hardcore

i'll be too scared to play with you guys

you can play with me, i suck at RTSes and i only play because i like to turn the difficulty all the way down and pretend i'm Ender Wiggin :lol

Top Bottom