• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

StarCraft 2 Beta |OT| (Beta Now Reopen, GL HF)

joelseph

I put five down on a regular edition when gamestop started giving out keys. I went back in there the other day to upgrade to the CE and pay it off and they were telling me it wasn't in their systems yet. Anyone know when I should call back to upgrade?

joelseph said:
I put five down on a regular edition when gamestop started giving out keys. I went back in there the other day to upgrade to the CE and pay it off and they were telling me it wasn't in their systems yet. Anyone know when I should call back to upgrade?
Where do you live? The CE sold out in the U.S. many months ago.

I had the CE on order from Amazon.com. I got a $20 credit from pre-ordering Super Mario Galaxy 2. I cancelled the SC2 CE order to re-order with the $20 credit and could only order the regular version :(

Damn when is the beta coming back, i can't wait much longer

So 2 days ago I started to learn how to model in 3DS max, so I can maybe in the future be decent at making models for custom games. The metal slug map needs a model so I think I'm gonna tackle that, even if its just for the sake of learning. However, I need 2D pictures of front and profile of the main Metal slug character, and since I can't draw I'm kinda fucked in this regard. Know anyone who can draw?

Making joan of arc ATM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3971/carar.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3622/cuerpot.jpg

it doesn't show but already finished the head and fixed the boobs and ass which are surprisingly hard to make

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
joelseph said:

Yeah the CE preorders sold out a couple weeks after they became available. Blizzard CE's in particular have a nasty habit of selling out real quickly.

joelseph

ZealousD said:
Yeah the CE preorders sold out a couple weeks after they became available. Blizzard CE's in particular have a nasty habit of selling out real quickly.

Not a deal breaker, not worried about the extras I was just trying to support them more.

mcrae

joelseph said:
Not a deal breaker, not worried about the extras I was just trying to support them more.

i cant imagine a scenario where not being able to buy a CE would be a dealbreaker :lol

Ashhong

MrCompletely said:
I had the CE on order from Amazon.com. I got a $20 credit from pre-ordering Super Mario Galaxy 2. I cancelled the SC2 CE order to re-order with the $20 credit and could only order the regular version :(

cause they are sold out...if anything you should have emaild them asking to apply to your order.

i have a CE on order from Gamestop that I was unsure about, but I guess i might as well get it eh?

ShadowPampers said:
Damn when is the beta coming back, i can't wait much longer

So 2 days ago I started to learn how to model in 3DS max, so I can maybe in the future be decent at making models for custom games. The metal slug map needs a model so I think I'm gonna tackle that, even if its just for the sake of learning. However, I need 2D pictures of front and profile of the main Metal slug character, and since I can't draw I'm kinda fucked in this regard. Know anyone who can draw?

Making joan of arc ATM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3971/carar.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3622/cuerpot.jpg

it doesn't show but already finished the head and fixed the boobs and ass which are surprisingly hard to make

I made an ear, I'm pretty proud :p
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/9772/earo.jpg

Ashhong

is that legit? photo seems too cropped to be real, why not show entire package? gamestops get their games early...but a month early is pushing it.

Chris R

Ashhong said:
is that legit? photo seems too cropped to be real, why not show entire package? gamestops get their games early...but a month early is pushing it.
A month early does seems strange, butt who knows. I didn't think the game had even gone Gold yet though :lol

Ashhong

rhfb said:
A month early does seems strange, butt who knows. I didn't think the game had even gone Gold yet though :lol

can this game even really go Gold? i bet no matter what there would be a patch up and ready to download at midnight on release day. however i would think blizzard would announce it or something and not just ship it secretly to retailers. i used to work at Gamestop and never had a game come in almost a month early.

Chris R

Ashhong said:
can this game even really go Gold? i bet no matter what there would be a patch up and ready to download at midnight on release day. however i would think blizzard would announce it or something and not just ship it secretly to retailers. i used to work at Gamestop and never had a game come in almost a month early.
There will be a patch, but you want to have a pretty recent game stamped on the DVD. Forcing people to download a couple hundred megabyte patch after a fresh install isn't the best first impression people can get. And yes there are normally "We've gone Gold" announcements.

Belfast

It's a friend I know in real life and his girlfriend confirmed (and is someone I trust even more). Now I don't live anywhere near enough to them these days to verify for myself, but I think it's legit. I mean, I do know that's his hand holding it for sure.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Belfast said:
Starcraft 2 is in the wild:

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg36/scaled.php?tn=0&server=36&filename=4ho.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Not mine, sadly. Friend got some Gamestop incompetents to sell him a copy. I didn't think they'd have it nearly a month before release, though!
I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, but that is not a lot of time for SP polish. Perhaps they were more ahead than I thought?

No doubt about a day 1 patch though, problem is how big it will be.

Ashhong

Belfast said:
It's a friend I know in real life and his girlfriend confirmed (and is someone I trust even more). Now I don't live anywhere near enough to them these days to verify for myself, but I think it's legit. I mean, I do know that's his hand holding it for sure.

tell him he needs more pictures in order to gain instant internet fame

ZealousD

Even if that picture is real, I'm sure that there's no way for him to activate it until release day.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
ZealousD said:
Even if that picture is real, I'm sure that there's no way for him to activate it until release day.
Break into the disc and upload the campaign map files
Insta internet hero, tens of thousands of nerds will weep and praise him

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Belfast said:

Yah... Say what you will, that looks exactly like the 20+ boxes we have at my gamestop for advertising. No offense to you or your friend, but I'm calling bullshit.

Not to mention you said it was from a gamestop. We're corporate run, if one store would have it, most would and I can tell you right now none of us do yet. We won't get it in until around the 20th.

Edit: Last but not least, no manager would ever let a game get sold early, particularly such a big title. They and whoever they were working with would lose their jobs instantly.

Heads up - Phase 2 is upon us. The Servers have been updated ready for it. You can test this by trying to log-in with your client, you'll get a "You are trying to log in with a client version not recognized by the Battle.net service" Error (and not the servers are down error). This would mean Phase 2 will most likely start this Sunday/Monday as the servers are up in regions Phase 2 was not started early.

Fingers Crossed eh? :lol

Milabrega

If Starcraft 2 leaked this early ..... the hackers would have a cross region play p2p platform in no time, perhaps even before launch. :lol

Fuck BNET2.0 /still bitter

robochimp

ChronicleX said:
Heads up - Phase 2 is upon us. The Servers have been updated ready for it. You can test this by trying to log-in with your client, you'll get a "You are trying to log in with a client version not recognized by the Battle.net service" Error (and not the servers are down error). This would mean Phase 2 will most likely start this Sunday/Monday as the servers are up in regions Phase 2 was not started early.

Fingers Crossed eh? :lol

Its a holiday weekend they aren't starting it on Sunday or Monday.

Ashhong

Xamdou said:
For those still wanting to purchase the C.E Edition of SC2, gamestop.com (http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=77632) has it available with free 3-day shipping.

You can also purchase SC2 C.E at Bestbuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/StarCra...88436&skuId=9853923&st=starcra2ft &lp=1&cp=1). When you order from Bestbuy you can choose in-store pickup to save on shipping.

This product is not eligible for %-off discount offers.

sweet, I ordered mine before they had this little note with 25% off :D

ZealousD

I'm still struggling to come up with a tag line for the OT.

"Hell, it's about time" seems appropriate, but I think that line has been run into the ground enough already...

Trasher said:
Isn't the beta supposed to be going again by now?

Nah, the rumor that it was going up on the 1st was bullshit. "Early July" is the best idea we have.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Starcraft 2 |OT| A New Game by Blizzard Entertainment Inc

ZealousD

Rez said:
Starcraft 2 |OT| A New Game by Blizzard Entertainment Inc

Eh.... reminds me of the Bayonetta OT too much, which reeked of laziness!

ZealousD

Rez said:
it was a beautiful OP by a beautiful poster

Nah I know that guy. He's a dick.

You'll be happy to know that my OT will include an "abbreviated" edition, and by clicking a link near the top you'll immediately skip the large OP and go to it instead.

Milabrega

Can people in Europe and NA view the same OP or will the base abbreviated OP be the same for everyone but the online link take them to different places?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Milabrega said:
Can people in Europe and NA view the same OP or will the base abbreviated OP be the same for everyone but the online link take them to different places?
European abbreviated op is available only to gaf gold monthly subscribers.

ZealousD

Milabrega said:

NA and EUR GAF GOLD subscribers will get the complete OT.

Gaffers in Latin America will initially be given the abbreviated OT, with options to pay to unlock additional sections of the complete OT.

Gaffers in Korea will get the OT for free if they're a subscriber to IGN Insider.

Xamdou

Ashhong said:
This product is not eligible for %-off discount offers.

sweet, I ordered mine before they had this little note with 25% off :D

Yea same here, $75 for SC2 C.E FTW! :D

Instead of the free 3-day shipping I opt for the release day delivery since I plan to play SC2 day 1!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Did Blizzard say why theyre opening the beta again? Is it because of the latest Bnet 2.0 situation?

Vaporak

A suitably epic count down to the SC2 release: Day[9]'s Starcraft 2 Birthday Countdown!
This should definetly get a place in the SC2 thread OP. :D
Team Liquid thread here:
On July 26th, Day[9] is hosting a 12 hour broadcast countdown to the release of Starcraft 2! Day[9] and DJWheat will be broadcasting in front of a LIVE audience at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California (times and specifics upcoming) with the entire event streamed over UStream. The event will be 12 hours of nonstop Starcraft talk, interviews, matches, and commentary contributed by every major name in the Starcraft community: Tasteless, Artosis, HDStarcraft, HuskyStarcraft, Homer, Teamliquid, Gosugamers, Gosucoaching, Good2game, ICCUP, GLHF.tv, Fragster.de, SCLegacy, and eSportsfrance to name a few. The event will wrap up with the finals of Day[9]'s King of the Beta Invite tournament casted live by Day[9] and DJWheat followed by, of course, the final countdown to the release of Starcraft 2 at midnight.

ZealousD said:
I'm still struggling to come up with a tag line for the OT.

"Hell, it's about time" seems appropriate, but I think that line has been run into the ground enough already...

Nah, the rumor that it was going up on the 1st was bullshit. "Early July" is the best idea we have.

Starcarft 2 |OT| thread of We all hate BNet 2.0 yet we'll still play this game

or you could just look at some of the unit quotes for Terran.

Top Bottom