• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

RayStorm

Is anyone watching WCS america right now? This Korean guy is pretty damn funny, they should keep him and get rid of the shitty gretorp/frodan combo. Day 9 really meshes well with this guy and he has some really cool insights into the Korean scene (even though it's WCS america :p).

I don't even understand why Day9 is not their full time commentator at least for today when he's on site anyway :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
edit: Nevermind, that was pretty bm of me...

WbNcu2n.jpg

Holden

Holden also hates him because he is French and not named ToD or Elky

elkyyyyyyyy

no but seriously, if he was that good at wc3/sc2 i doubt he had great grades in highschool, and med school is hard as fck in france

also 2-3 years without doing any school make's it even harder;

unless he goes to a school in 'merica?

Holden

wait what lol

the only path for engineering in france i know is even harder than medschool

but i could be wrong on that

i got three friends gonna do it next year, its apparently torture lol

Aaron

It's sad, but they're done. The better players will find spots elsewhere. Or they should switch to Dota 2. I hear that's popular.

SamuraiX-

Wow I'm like the worst player ever. Probably only even got into silver because the person in my last game left instantly.

Always remember that message that occasionally comes up when a map is loading: "StarCraft II is a game of strategy. Playing is the only way to get better."

It takes times. The best thing you can do at first is to just play and play until you feel like your mechanics are fairly solid and then transition into perfecting build timings. You'll get better.

A lot of people have come through this thread frustrated with the game to the point of nearly just giving up entirely and sometimes all they needed was a little guidance, so don't be afraid to ask any of us for pointers or constructive feedback. EscapingJail is apparently a magician when it comes to getting people to play to their full potential.

Always remember that message that occasionally comes up when a map is loading: "StarCraft II is a game of strategy. Playing is the only way to get better."

It takes times. The best thing you can do at first is to just play and play until you feel like your mechanics are fairly solid and then transition into perfecting build timings. You'll get better.

A lot of people have come through this thread frustrated with the game to the point of nearly just giving up entirely and sometimes all they needed was a little guidance, so don't be afraid to ask any of us for pointers or constructive feedback. EscapingJail is apparently a magician when it comes to getting people to play to their full potential.

I'll keep watching it for sure, but I'm not sure I'll keep trying competitively. I rarely play multiplayer games because when I keep losing I get depressed (on meds for it among a few other things). My general mood is scared as shit which sucks in a game where you have to be aggressive. I'll probably work more against AI before I try ladder anymore for awhile.

I'll keep watching it for sure, but I'm not sure I'll keep trying competitively. I rarely play multiplayer games because when I keep losing I get depressed (on meds for it among a few other things). My general mood is scared as shit which sucks in a game where you have to be aggressive. I'll probably work more against AI before I try ladder anymore for awhile.

Play more team games. You can relax a lot more than playing on the 1v1 ladder, maybe even try and find some people to play with. Despite what some people say you can actually practice getting better at the general mechanics of the game playing team games. It won't make you really good but it's a fun way to get started just learning about the basic units and how to control them.

In general 1v1 may not be for you which is more reason to try out the arcade and team games.

Play more team games. You can relax a lot more than playing on the 1v1 ladder, maybe even try and find some people to play with. Despite what some people say you can actually practice getting better at the general mechanics of the game playing team games. It won't make you really good but it's a fun way to get started just learning about the basic units and how to control them.

In general 1v1 may not be for you which is more reason to try out the arcade and team games.

I do like doing co-op against AI, not sure how much I would like it against other players.

J2d

I know that feel all too well, almost gave up until i started playing 4v4.
If you are on eu we should play some team games, theres a lot of assembling 200 suply and then a big clash of 600/600 army, its awesome, been playing a bit of dota lately but i miss sc2 so ill probably be back soon.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Shit, I just remembered something... I haven't given out the awards for SC2 |OT5|! Remember these?

PHvg7kc.png

SeIWrW4.png

Fuchsdh

I prefer 2v2 because it doesn't have the potential of turning into massive cheesefests and you still feel like you have an actual impact on the outcome of the game. 1v1 just isn't fun for me because I just don't want to invest that much time into improving the small things that make a big difference in the upper leagues. That, and my 50apm gives me a pretty definite skill ceiling :p

I prefer 2v2 because it doesn't have the potential of turning into massive cheesefests and you still feel like you have an actual impact on the outcome of the game. 1v1 just isn't fun for me because I just don't want to invest that much time into improving the small things that make a big difference in the upper leagues. That, and my 50apm gives me a pretty definite skill ceiling :p

There are an incredible amount of cheeses you can pull off in 2v2, even more than in 1v1. Having said that i definitely see where you're coming from and it's why i play a lot of 2v2 lately.

No sc2 at mlg Columbus.

Hopefully it's a big wake up call to blizzard though i can't say i'm really surprised at all. Probably had something to do with the route blizzard chose with WCS NA. Blizzard will have to put in more effort if they want the game to remain relevant.

Fuchsdh

There are an incredible amount of cheeses you can pull off in 2v2, even more than in 1v1. Having said that i definitely see where you're coming from and it's why i play a lot of 2v2 lately.
Oh yeah not to say they're aren't, but with only two enemies as opposed to three or four you have a bit more of a chance I think. It is amazing how many cheesers I find in top Gold though--guess some people really just want to win with the same strats rather than learning how to play the game competently.

(Plus when you win regardless you get double the "screw you" comments I get a schadenfreude kick out of.)

I'm still a little surprised MOBAs are taking over. I find SCII much easier to follow action wise and spectate.

Yoshichan

Today's been a shit day... :(

Do whats fun for you, that's the most important thing. But 2v2 at the higher levels has 2x the cheese of 1v1.

Top Bottom