• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I was visiting my dad in France, little town with a population of 37 and crappy internet that doesnt work most of the time, so I missed everything these past few days :)

Edit: holy shit no more SC2 at MLG?!
Yeaaaaaaah... it's pretty huge. And with "pretty", I mean really fucking huge.

a3den

Scott Smith @SirScoots
BREAKING: Sources close to SSNN report that Red Bull has been granted a SC2 license for the same dates @MLG requested. They asked first.

Not that big of deal then. Just business.

Paches

Scott Smith @SirScoots
BREAKING: Sources close to SSNN report that Red Bull has been granted a SC2 license for the same dates @MLG requested. They asked first.

Not that big of deal then. Just business.

Sounds like MLG is just mad that they didn't ask in time. SC2 is now alive.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Wait so reading that thread how exactly did Blizzard mishandle WCG?

WCS is an exculsive event and you cant run stuff to compete with it. Very difficult to have other tournaments that run weekly when WCS runs weekly at the best prime time.

Plus other reasons

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just bought a laptop so I can finally play some Starcraft again :3 (haven't played in basically two months because I don't have room for my stationary computer at my current home :lol)

SamuraiX-

The fourth and final DreamHack event of the year will be held in Bucharest, Romania (my home country ^.^) on September 14th-15th and then the grand finals (DreamHack Winter) will be held in somewhere in Sweden on November 28th-30th.

Yeah probably the same place where DreamHack Summer was held. :)

Yoshichan

I guess it's that time again!

IBQ2DlU.jpg

Watching Tileas stream at the moment and her play is really impressive. Seems to have really high APM as well (has similar finger movement to Losira). Looking forward to her games in WCS this season whenever they get back to code A.

Yoshichan

SamuraiX-

Possible changes for balance test map

David Kim said:
We're looking to start testing more changes on a test map so we can better prepare to make tweaks if they’re needed in the future. Please understand: as always, we’re not proposing final changes with this balance test map. If and when we do decide to make any balance changes, we will definitely let you know.

1. Overseer speed buff (after upgrade)

TvZ feels quite balanced until the very late game when there are so many skirmishes and so many Widow Mines. We want to keep the really exciting gameplay while finding ways to help out Zerg in those specific battles. Having to micromanage your army in every engagement, morph new Banelings, manage 4-5 (or more) bases, and morph new Overseers can be a bit too much. So we’re going to test giving Overseers a speed buff after the speed upgrade is purchased, so that we keep the early- and mid-game the same while specifically helping out the Zerg in the later stages. They still wouldn't move as fast as say, Mutalisks, but perhaps late game TvZ goes more evenly if Overseers don't lag behind and get killed in most late engagements.

2. Combine mech ground and air upgrades

We don't think Terran is struggling, but do think mech in general has been weak throughout HotS. We tested this specific change a bit in the beta, and we have some idea of how much better mech will be, but a lot has changed since then, so we'd like to actually have players playtest it again.

Right now, it's looking like the only area where Terran might be weak is late game PvT, but it’s debateable. If so, this change would address that area, because upgrading Vikings that are really core in the matchup will also help with the Hellbat transition in the late game.

3. Vipers start with full energy

We’ve been discussing various options for the Zerg both internally and with top players and casters around the world, and we feel that this change might be a good place to start testing.

We don't know yet whether we want to increase the rate of Vipers’ spells, and thought it might be cool if Vipers come out of the box at full strength, so their first use has a much bigger impact. It’s possible that we can both increase the strength of Zerg in the late game and bring back a fun strategy that we’re seeing a bit less lately.

Again, please remember none of these changes are final. We're still constantly watching our ladder data and the highest level tournament games. As we all know, something that looks overpowered right now can change for top players in a matter of 1-2 weeks. We want to know as much as possible about how changes like these play out, so we’re ready when changes are needed.

Thank you!

Jesus mother of Christ @ #2 & #3.

Those are two of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Didn't they already try combined upgrades for Terran ground + air mech back in the beta and that made Terran just stupid overpowered because they could transition so easily in the late game?

If you wanted mech to be effective in TvP then you shouldn't have created the fucking Immortal a.k.a. the absolute hard counter to any sort of Terran ground mech.

I'm cool with #1. Actually, I've always questioned why it wasn't in there from the beginning.

Yoshichan

They still wouldn't move as fast as say, Mutalisks [regarding the Overseer speed-ugrade]
Thanks for the massive obvious information Blizzard :)

The hell at 2. If you're so worried about Protoss vs mech then nerf the damage of Immortals vs armored by around 5. Not like they're ever used a whole lot in PvZ.

The better Viper buff would be to increase the speed they gain energy from siphoning buildings.

Aaron

#1 seems unneeded since zergs who bother with overseers spot mines already.
#2 would impact tvt more than anything else since skytoss transition would be half price.
#3 vipers should start with enough energy for a single yoink. more makes them too strong.

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

Hi Holy :3! Long time no see!

Yoshichan

Terran-GAF? Is that some sort of ancient mythology?

SamuraiX-

Making any unit in the game spawn automatically with a full energy bar is just beyond stupid.

I'm with Aaron. Give them enough energy for a single abduct upon spawning. I'm even ok with making it unnecessary to have an upgrade for it ala Ghosts and Infestors.

It's pretty hilarious that Blizzard jumps straight to the most extreme modification possible in this case. lol

Yoshichan

That's cuz you're protoss bro

Am I doing it right?

zargle

lol, Artosis is getting coaching from Lastshadow on his stream right now. Shocker, it doesn't really seem to be helping.

Edit: There is something additionally funny about him getting maphacked while Lastshadow is there.

Top Bottom