• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm |OT| Like Riding a Bike

Kind of proud of myself getting maxed at 19:30 in 2vs2 (vs AI). Not sure how good that actually is and both AI were only medium (been getting knocked down from bad partners and me being stupid) but still.

Looking this ASUS tourney.... damn, I love Idra as a commentator. He also has chemistry with Khaldor, which I thought was impossible at first ( the idea that ANYONE has chemistry with him...).

I hope he moves up to commentating more important tournaments as well!

Khaldor has chemistry with basically everyone.

Man, there was a tourney sometime ago where Khaldor and InControl were casting together on a B-Stream, and it was incredibly fun.

Kind of proud of myself getting maxed at 19:30 in 2vs2 (vs AI). Not sure how good that actually is and both AI were only medium (been getting knocked down from bad partners and me being stupid) but still.

I'm always offering coaching to anyone on here that wants any for free. Bronze to Diamond.

I prefer if you're higher than plat that your main race be Protoss. But I can help any race below that.

I'm always offering coaching to anyone on here than wants any for free. Bronze to Diamond.

I prefer if you're higher than plat that your main race be Protoss. But I can help any race below that.

Meh I'm not much of a competitive person. Did one match on ladder (first of the 5 to get a rank) and felt bad beating the person. I'll probably stick with fighting AI (1vs1 and co-op). Just got up to very hard AI but haven't tried it yet. Main is zerg btw. Main build goes like this:

10 overlord
10 extractor
9 drone
10 cancel extractor for extra drone before overlord finishes
14 pool
16 hatch
16 extractor
16 overlord
16 queen

From there it varies on what I'm against. Stick to mainly ling/baneling vs terran (although I need to either go muta's or ultralisks quicker once Thor's come out), protoss roach/hydra, and zerg mass roach (although last zerg I fought was on hard).

Meh I'm not much of a competitive person. Did one match on ladder (first of the 5 to get a rank) and felt bad beating the person. I'll probably stick with fighting AI (1vs1 and co-op). Just got up to very hard AI but haven't tried it yet. Main is zerg btw. Main build goes like this:

10 overlord
10 extractor
9 drone
10 cancel extractor for extra drone before overlord finishes
14 pool
16 hatch
16 extractor
16 overlord
16 queen

From there it varies on what I'm against. Stick to mainly ling/baneling vs terran (although I need to either go muta's or ultralisks quicker once Thor's come out), protoss roach/hydra, and zerg mass roach (although last zerg I fought was on hard).

The build order depends on what you want to do. but most builds Start with 9 overlord into 14-15 pool then expand for Zerg.

if you want to rush zergling speed you get a gas before pool. So most openings end up matchup dependent or stylistic for Zerg depending what you want to do.

The build order depends on what you want to do. but most builds Start with 9 overlord into 14-15 pool then expand for Zerg.

if you want to rush zergling speed you get a gas before pool. So most openings end up matchup dependent or stylistic for Zerg depending what you want to do.

I should go gas earlier but outside of terran I don't build zerglings much outside of when I have too much larva (usually after I get a macro hatchery once my 3rd is up). I mainly only play against AI so I don't know exactly how effective my build is vs players.

I should go gas earlier but outside of terran I don't build zerglings much outside of when I have too much larva (usually after I get a macro hatchery once my 3rd is up). I mainly only play against AI so I don't know exactly how effective my build is vs players.

Alot of your questions are open ended because the level of your opponent can differ greatly and how good you are in a certain match-up can dictate how well your builds do.

fanboi

Banned
I'm always offering coaching to anyone on here that wants any for free. Bronze to Diamond.

Can you help me get from Diamond to Gold so I can get on the same MMR as Panda?

zargle

go into game and leave game till gold =D

Well yeah if you wanna do it the boring way.

8 drone
9 drone
10 drone (overlord wherever you want)
11 drone
12 drone
13 drone
continue until 200/200 drone. build up 100 larva. build 100 spine/spores. build 100 drones. cancel 100 spine/spores.

attack with 300/200 drone army. Repeat as necessary.

Replace drone with scv/probe as needs fit.

Well yeah if you wanna do it the boring way.

8 drone
9 drone
10 drone (overlord wherever you want)
11 drone
12 drone
13 drone
continue until 200/200 drone. build up 100 larva. build 100 spine/spores. build 100 drones. cancel 100 spine/spores.

attack with 300/200 drone army. Repeat as necessary.

Replace drone with scv/probe as needs fit.

Might as well just make only spines and spores and creep push the map the whole game.

But you might actually win with that.

zargle

Might as well just make only spines and spores and creep push the map the whole game.

But you might actually win with that.

exactly.

the creep push is not a bad idea, but then queens are taking up valuable drone supply. maybe build one early to plant a bunch of spore seeds, then kill it somewhere along the way.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm not taking any lip from a fanboi.

best of 3, if fanboi wins i'll give up league and switch to a game of his choice. [+skullgirls]
Come on man, not counting your last game of SC2, when was the last time? 9 months ago?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Cool lets do wcs!...oh wait still scheduled during TI3 :/

My sisters wedding anyway, not like I could watch much to begin with :/

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Come on man, not counting your last game of SC2, when was the last time? 9 months ago?
not counting my most recent game:
3 hours ago, 14 hours ago, 14 hours ago, 1 week ago, 3 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, 3 weeks ago, 5 weeks ago.

fanboi's was 8 weeks ago on eu, 12 on NA.

I GOT THIS.

SamuraiX-

Rewatching ROG Summer VODs and suddenly this came up.

1tTkoiH.jpg

Freaked me the fuck out. lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
what the fufccccccckj

CmdBash

as toss what time are you supposed to get your 3rd and 4th gases? I always find myself with either way too much gas or way too little.

Yoshichan

Blizzcon in 3 days! Look forward to it people :D

The official thread is already done, just waiting to post it!

Yoshichan

Yoshichan

it's okay yoshi.

<3
Want a sneak peak of the OP :3? You'll like it!

edit:

O3gLJPF.png

I'll let you figure out the rest
please don't hurt me

Yoshichan

Sorryyyyyyy, you guys T_T

Decided to at least do the rest of my matches to see what I got ranked. Ended up 2-2 (last game the person left instantly) and ended up in silver. My mid game is complete shit. One loss came from not moving on from ling/baneling/roach fast enough and getting swarmed by bio tank (also was too afraid to get a 3rd base). The other loss came from early protoss pressure while I was still droning up. The first game I won was a few days ago against a 1 base bronze terran, the one I just beat was also a terran (silver rank) on one base but a lot better. It was a 4 player map (forgot the name) and I proxy'd a hatchery and spire. He pushed with bio tank and I went into his base with my muta's at the same time. I put a bunch of spine crawlers in my natural and tried to build a few in my main but they got destroyed. Thankfully I was able to keep my mutalisks alive long enough (he had 3 missle turrets and some marines in his main) to completely destroy his economy. I was able to place about 8 spine crawlers in my proxy before my spawning pool died and I made a few more mutalisks to finish off the tanks once the bio died.

Aaron

I only managed to catch some of the EU, but yeah it was great to see Grubby playing so well. I could have watched some of the US matches, but couldn't bring myself to care for whatever reason.

First vs Symbol on now for some reason.

I only managed to catch some of the EU, but yeah it was great to see Grubby playing so well. I could have watched some of the US matches, but couldn't bring myself to care for whatever reason.

First vs Symbol on now for some reason.

Only watched a few games of America WCS but Jaedong vs Oz made me laugh when JD tech switched to about 60 Muta's instantly.

Is anyone watching WCS america right now? This Korean guy is pretty damn funny, they should keep him and get rid of the shitty gretorp/frodan combo. Day 9 really meshes well with this guy and he has some really cool insights into the Korean scene (even though it's WCS america :p).

Top Bottom